Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2010 5:37 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Great anime. I wanna watch the drama now.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Feb 7, 2011 8:14 AM

Mar 2008
I don't think the live-action stuff can be as good as this. Considering the cringe-worthy acting in most of the J-dramas and the over the top characters and slapstick humour...

Ah well. I really enjoyed this one. I was surprised that this got rather low ratings and mediocre reviews, although I can see why. The concept of a (ex-gangster) "teacher that earns the trust of the students" has been done before, and neither animation, sound, characters or story are very outstanding. For me it worked tho, I thought the mix of (slapstick) comedy, action and drama was in good balance, and I would recommend this in a heartbeat for anyone who likes those kind of shows.

(Obligatory Great Teacher Onizuka comparison: Yes. GTO is better. By a fair margin. This one's still good!)
I don't know karate, but I know karazy
Feb 7, 2011 9:54 AM

Apr 2010
This anime was very good. I want second season xD
まだまだだね
Apr 24, 2011 10:44 AM

Dec 2007
I just looooved the old man!
Very good show! I totally enjoyed it ^^ Too bad there isn't a continuation :(
Feb 28, 2012 11:54 AM

Jan 2008
ballistique said:
I don't think the live-action stuff can be as good as this. Considering the cringe-worthy acting in most of the J-dramas and the over the top characters and slapstick humour...

Ah well. I really enjoyed this one. I was surprised that this got rather low ratings and mediocre reviews, although I can see why. The concept of a (ex-gangster) "teacher that earns the trust of the students" has been done before, and neither animation, sound, characters or story are very outstanding. For me it worked tho, I thought the mix of (slapstick) comedy, action and drama was in good balance, and I would recommend this in a heartbeat for anyone who likes those kind of shows.

(Obligatory Great Teacher Onizuka comparison: Yes. GTO is better. By a fair margin. This one's still good!)

Pretty much all this.
Even though there are better shows out there, this still stands as good entertainment in my book. ;)
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Feb 28, 2013 3:30 PM

Jul 2011
damn, what...?? ending was good but left me unsatisfied. It left opening for a continuation, but as it seems unlikely.

Whatever, i still enjoyed it. It was nice, and the characters were all pretty good. Specially the teacher of course. She was cool.
May 22, 2013 9:57 PM
Aug 2011
It might not have been the newest concept but I think this was quite enjoyable and entertaining.
Having a strong female character like this is nice.

My personal score is 7.5/10.

While it does have plenty of average moments I still think this is underrated.
Not that MAL scores should be taken seriously but there's so much undeserving crap that's ranked better than this.
Dec 6, 2013 2:21 PM

Sep 2013
can someone pls tell me if this ended exactly like it did in the manga series?

I want to know, so I can start depending on it..
May 27, 2014 11:49 PM
Apr 2011
calmfu, read the manga. It has 15 volumes and of course it doesn't end here.
What is more, they even changed some details in anime... some changes are neutral, but some of them pissed me more or less. E.g. overuse of that dog, originally he isn't the leitmotif!

Anyway, I wish this series was longer... It's my cup of tea.

I did everything in the proper order - i have read the manga, have seen the anime, and now i'm going to watch all 3 seasons of j-drama (i'm mentally prepared it won't be as good as manga and anime)

P.S. I really like the ending song...
Feb 21, 2016 4:55 PM

Apr 2014
i like it
like the op and the ending song too
shin is a good couple for yankumi
comparing with gto...gto is longer
no comparation
the ones of the yakuza were very good
strong female character is what i think is the best of this anime
i want more...it is too short
May 17, 2016 2:26 AM

May 2012
Great. Reminds me of the days when I watched the live action drama years ago. And the OP is really good. Got to read the manga next! I want more Yankumi x Shin!!!! Heheeh
Feb 25, 2017 1:24 AM

Sep 2013
Shin is totally jealous of the consigliere guy! I think he's got a bit of a crush in Yankumi!!!

Great show...

9/10

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 1, 2018 3:17 AM

Jan 2018
Argh, this last episode isn't that satisfying! I want it to show the demise of the vice principal and something should happen to the chairman too. Sleazy characters should not go scot free!

It has its moments, but overall, I gotta go with 7/10.
I liked it, but it's not GTO level. Kumiko's a great character though. I'm a sucker for tough girls with pigtails.

Feb 5, 2019 5:50 PM

Nov 2016
They choose a nice chapter to wrap the anime up.

It was really an entertaining watch with fun characters, definitely going to pick up the manga soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 22, 2019 7:13 AM

Dec 2018
It's a shame that this show has only 13 episodes
Jan 4, 2021 12:19 PM

Jun 2014
All of the forced drama at from the second half of the series was awful, it ruined the series for me, it was so dumb and pointless, it really dragged the series down a lot. This is a cheap knock off of GTO, just terrible.

1/10
:3
Apr 18, 2021 2:46 PM

Feb 2020
It's was episodic and funny. Its good for what it is, but there are better anime of this sort like GTO or assassination classroom. Overall still a decent watch
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 1, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2021
9/10
I loved this show it kinda reminded me GTO in way.
Expect GTO is much better. But still I enjoyed this.
Jun 12, 2021 3:39 AM

Jan 2021
"Hey, you. You got here too late." LOL. From the way Shin looked at the consigliere and pointed at him then said something like that, it really shows that he is really pissed and jealous hahaha XD

I didn't expect any romance... but having something like this is pretty good, I guess.

Good show! Definitely want to have a sensei like Yankumi <3 she is so cool~

Jul 15, 2021 8:50 PM

Nov 2016
I was hoping that Yankumi identity would have been made known to all of the students. Though it was nice to see the students whooping some asses. It was a good anime 7/10.
Nov 22, 2021 1:08 PM
Aug 2020
Probably the worst Madhouse anime I've seen yet, the great OP and ED barely made me watch it to the end. Some of that storytelling felt flimsy and choppy as hell.
Apr 14, 2022 5:15 PM

Dec 2021
Well I guess it ended. This is why I don't like 1 cour anime, it feels like very little actually happened. Good, but I wish there was more. 8/10
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 15, 4:05 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice battle with all the students coming for her for the finale, that was good overall, some good moments and average ones but overall it was fun.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gokusen Episode 12 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 11, 2010

9 by Ashhk »»
Feb 15, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Gokusen Episode 11 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 11, 2010

5 by Ashhk »»
Feb 14, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Gokusen Episode 10 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 11, 2010

6 by Ashhk »»
Feb 14, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Gokusen Episode 9 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 11, 2010

4 by Ashhk »»
Feb 13, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Gokusen Episode 8 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 11, 2010

4 by Ashhk »»
Feb 13, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.