Forum Settings
Forums

Any anime you watched had you feeling empty after it ended?

New
Jul 23, 10:20 AM

Oct 2019
Saekano became the next anime to make me feel empty. It was an anime that had lots of ups and downs for me, but the conclusion was great and all, it was one of those I hoped to have more content in it. But nonetheless it was a great conclusion for a harem show. Anything you can think of that make you feel this way?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 10:22 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty much every 10/10 anime on my list. :)
Jul 23, 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
almost every season finale is like that for me then days later i look forward to the new season

Jul 2013
I would have to say Kantai Collection made me feel empty about how it ended. There are probably others, which I cannot recall right now.
Jul 23, 10:26 AM
Jul 23, 1:11 PM

Dec 2021
Jackof-allspades said:
Psycho Pass, Texhnolyze, Death Note, NHK Ni Youkoso, Yosuga no Sora and to lesser extent Blade of the Immortal.

So yeah a lot of my favorites made me feel empty. These are all in order btw. i would put SEL here too but it's been so long since I last watched it...

I guess I didn’t mention Black Lagoon last time so I’ll add that here.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 23, 1:15 PM

Dec 2021
Lemme just pad this out, so that I can slap my previous reply to this type of thread right... here!
Daviljoe193 said:
Define empty...

• I watched nothing, so I feel nothing: Kanon (Both adaptations): Nothing. Nothing at all. I don't remember jack or shit, and as far as memories and feelings afterwards, it's like I spent 36 combined episodes staring at a plain white wall. The only thing I really remember is that I watched an OneyPlays video afterwards, because fuck me I needed SOMETHING to combat the feeling of wasted time. I really should move the 2006 adaptation from my dropped to completed, but... nah.

• Kinda depressed once it ended: Versailles no Bara. It's the French fucking Revolution, everybody died! Everybody! Well, not everybody, but nearly everybody! You know that coming into the anime, but by the end, yeah, nearly everybody you care about is dead.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jul 23, 2:29 PM

Feb 2018
@Zarutaku I had this same issue with Samurai Champloo, because although I was not that attached to the series, I had wishes of more development and stories with those characters. Its abruptness gave me the sensation of being an unfinished work.
"Chimp in state of nature never jerks off, but in captivity he does, wat does this mean? In state of nature he’s too busy, to put plainly. He is concerned with mastering space: solving problem of life in and under trees, mastering what tools he can, mastering social relations in the jockeying for power and status. Deprived of this drive to development and self-increase he devolves to pointless masturbation, in captivity, where he senses he is in owned space and therefore the futility of all his efforts and all his actions."
Jul 23, 2:41 PM

Jun 2019
All my 10/10s, all my 9s - hell, even many of my 8s and some of my 7s. To some extent or another.

But for the strongest examples which epitomized and defines that feeling and that experience to me?

Koi Kaze, Inuyasha, Beatless, Elfen Lied, Aku no Hana, Mahoutsukai no Yome, Happy Sugar Life, and Kodomo no Jikan.

The most gutting, visceral, and all-encompassing to that end, completely regardless of the exact nature and manner in which they end, are romantic dramas and romantic thrillers where I'm very invested in the core central relationship. Which, for me, are also all inevitably transgressive romances as other types (milquetoast vanilla ones) don't do it for me.
Jul 23, 9:23 PM

Jan 2022
Can you guys make less repetitive threads?
Jul 23, 10:57 PM

Jan 2023
Maybe 'Your Lie in April' as it was pretty intense emotions-wise :)
Jul 23, 11:46 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I'm still missing Hibike! Euphonium. We watched the characters grow (especially Kumiko) during three years, as our connection with them also grew up. It was a great anime with a great conclusion, but a conclusion nonetheless ;_; .
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
2 hours ago

Jan 2018
probably erased. other than that most shows would be fulfilling for me.

More topics from this board

» Why do ppl write reviews before a show is finished ?

Thy-Veseveia - 2 hours ago

8 by SimplyBrazen »»
2 seconds ago

» How do you define "Harem"?

nirererin - 6 hours ago

18 by Luchipher-Zen »»
3 seconds ago

» What would you change about your favorite character given the opportunity?

Shizuna - Jul 23

35 by slickslugger »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » what has been the best decade for anime so far ?

ame - Yesterday

29 by slickslugger »»
4 minutes ago

» Was isekai ever good or is it just people's nostalgia?

BlueMaho - 1 hour ago

14 by MizunoWaveRider »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.