Forum Settings
Forums

At what age did your parents stop picking out your clothes for you?

New
Jun 27, 1:03 PM

May 2023
Did you ever listen to them or refused at a certain age
Hi
Jun 27, 1:18 PM

Jun 2024
They still do :,( i mean, my mother is a stylist so my opinion on clothes goes directly into the trash can (not that i complain tho)
Jun 27, 1:32 PM

Jun 2024
Around the age of 12 or 13, they didn't really care in that regard after that.
Jun 27, 1:42 PM

Aug 2011
I can't remember my parents ever picking out my clothes for me (unless it was for a formal occasion or something else when I had to dress in a certain way), so I'm thinking I must have been really young, like 4 or 5 years old. I wore a uniform to school from 1st through 8th grade, and they didn't care what I wore in casual settings, so I picked out my own clothes.
Jun 27, 1:44 PM

Sep 2016
Sorry, my brain has discarded this information as irrelevant.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 27, 2:26 PM

Feb 2024
There is always someone who picks clothes for me, that's my conscious choice. I can buy something special for hobbies, but not usual clothes.
I think women simply know better, and they like to hang in those boutique shops anyway. They always come so happy with bags, and start to harass me into trying clothes on. I don't even know what's in my wardrobe except for maybe a few suits and shirts/polo I wear the most.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Jun 27, 2:43 PM

Sep 2019
I don't really remember what age but it was around my 2nd or 3rd year of primary school.
Jun 27, 2:57 PM

Apr 2024
My parents stopped having a hand in my clothing choices when they stopped paying for them/when I stopped fitting into hand-me-downs, around when I was 15. They started taking my opinion into account about my clothes when I was 7 or so, which is when they noticed that I just really didn't like wearing shorts and didn't want to continue wasting time and money. Pretty sure I was dressing myself from the day I started taking the bus to school on the second week of Kindergarten.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Jun 27, 3:40 PM

Jul 2021
They still do, I have 0 fashion sense, so that's nice.
Jun 27, 7:09 PM
Dec 2022
My parents worked when I was a child, so I got fashion-related advices from my older cousins and aunts well into my attendance of secondary (high) school.
Jun 27, 7:12 PM

May 2018
My parents didn't buy me clothes lol, I got hand-me-downs from the older cousins and that was that. Terrible style but at least they were decent spenders (nike, lululemon, brandy melville, north face, true religion, adidas, local boutiques, etc)... Thank god I can buy my own clothing now.
can't yuck my yum

Jun 27, 9:05 PM

Mar 2008
My mom keeps trying to buy me clothes I didnt ask for. Sometimes I like it but so often she gets me something I wind up never wearing or has to be taken back.
Jun 27, 9:07 PM

Feb 2020
Maybe when I was a little over 10 or something.
Jun 27, 10:00 PM

May 2019
i'm bad at fashion, my mother still helps me pick up clothes.
Jun 27, 11:13 PM

Feb 2018
They still do, out of love. I don't ask them, but they love to gift me formal clothes occasionally. They know what is like in fashion so i am not complaining, rather i am grateful for the sentiment behind it
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 27, 11:16 PM

Feb 2018
traed said:
My mom keeps trying to buy me clothes I didnt ask for. Sometimes I like it but so often she gets me something I wind up never wearing or has to be taken back.

i always have like 5-10 t-shirt mom likes to buy for me. I never ask her to buy for me and she knows i never wear them and eventually give them away. I just appreciate the sentiment behind it and the ones that need clothing get more clothes so it's win-win for all.
Resign? 🕊➤Yes / No Resign? Yes / ⚔➤No

Jun 28, 12:11 AM

Apr 2021
I don't like going shopping, so they still do
Jun 28, 12:51 AM

Dec 2015
I don't remember, sometimes my mother till today would buy me a new shirt or something else if it's in discount.

Since I live on my own than it is the time when I am almost always picking up clothes and other stuff on my own, sometimes with a friend/girl who'd judge if something looks nice on me or not.
Jun 28, 2:02 AM

Jun 2008
I honestly can't remember if my parents ever really did pick out my clothes for me, I would assume they did when I was extremely young. That being said I guess I started doing it at an early age, since I can't remember not doing it. 😱
Jun 28, 2:05 AM

May 2023
Reply to tchitchouan
i'm bad at fashion, my mother still helps me pick up clothes.
@tchitchouan Dirty Pair is a huge W my guy.
Hi
Jun 28, 6:25 AM

May 2019
Reply to Thy-Veseveia
@tchitchouan Dirty Pair is a huge W my guy.
@Thy-Veseveia Thank you, i love the dirty pair... i mean the lovely angels.
Jun 28, 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
I think around 15 to 16 years old...does that sound old enough for you?
Jun 28, 8:41 AM

Jan 2009
My mother might still buy smaller stuff like slippers, socks, underwear or pajamas for me, but I'm good for now

Jeans and tops (mostly T-shirts and pullovers/sweaters) are usually harder to pick, so I go by myself when I have vacations

Can't recall when I fully decided on picking my own clothes, but I was mostly either with my parents and my brother or just with my mother and at latest when I could drive, on my own
Jun 28, 8:52 AM

Jan 2010
I guess 14 or 15 years old. Well, I was diagnosed with autism and ADD (which has now been integrated into ADHD as of 2013) as a kid, so my brain developed a bit slower then a normal neurotypical. So it took me a little bit longer for me to developed a clothing choice for me.
Jun 28, 10:10 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
That's a good question, I have no idea. Sometime in elementary school I suppose? I know they'd still buy my clothes past then, but I typically had some say in the matter (though there were things they wouldn't allow).
Jun 28, 11:23 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
I don't know. Late teens, probably.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes

More topics from this board

» Social Security is Ageist

vasipi4946 - Jun 27

15 by Zarutaku »»
17 minutes ago

» Your experience with religion

Cielord - 2 hours ago

11 by traed »»
22 minutes ago

» Do you know the elements of the Periodic Table?

AMBITZZ - Yesterday

21 by Kiryotsu »»
29 minutes ago

» ua.opentran.net/

alijutt45 - 2 hours ago

2 by Serafos »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » What do you like to travel with most?

Spunkert - Jun 3, 2023

26 by bucciest »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.