Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 10:59 PM

Sep 2023
And the story just got even deeper. :)
May 25, 5:23 AM

Mar 2021
Really loving the story so far. I hope Tonbo will be OK leaving the island temporarily to go look for the course designer.
May 25, 6:14 AM
Feb 2022
A very meticulous storytelling with captivating characters. This work proves that an interesting show can be made even without high-cost animation. It is no exaggeration to say that this is the most underrated anime of the season. Once again, it was a wonderful episode.
May 25, 1:56 PM

Apr 2021
We finally have a third club! Now we just need them to track down 11 more clubs with deep sentimental value to Tonbo.
May 28, 5:50 AM

Nov 2010
  • Being hungry should be strong motivation, though the settings are not so hard as those of "Kyojin no Hoshi", etc.
  • It seems how a golf ball behaves is ultimately explained by the face angles and impact point for the ball. But reading explanations on the net, it's difficult to understand the mechanism. It's a deep sport.
May 29, 11:38 AM
Jan 2024
A cornerstone of Tonbo's personal outlook has finally been fundamentally challenged, perhaps even outright shattered.
Her "optimistic" and naive idea that life on her island is inherently unchanging has been dismissed by the person who matters the most to her.
She has finally gotten the final push necessary to leave the island, at least it seems so.
Jun 7, 8:11 AM

Jul 2017
The typhoon on Toshima Island is not going well, leaving Tsubura stranded on the island. Play some golf while at it...indoors.

Tsubura taking the chance to teach Tonbo proper golf techniques, she too wants to improve at her craft to help improve her overall family life, which only consisted of her and her father working on multiple jobs just to earn a living. Something like that which costs money, Tsubura wantng to go pro and win money back for her father, it's her lifelong dream. The parting gift between both girls of a handmade sandal keycase and the most precious club of Tsubura's, Tonbo now has 2 clubs she can use: her 3-iron and the Callaway Steelhead wood, which the latter must be taught by Igarashi to Tonbo on how to maximize its use. Surprisingly, the island's holes are so versatile that its courses can be interchanged with one another despite the small sea-heavy course space, and even more is Tonbo's adaptability to use Tsubura's club in a short time.

Igarashi's getting a good idea on how the island's golf course can be used...it's good.
Jul 6, 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Reply to CrissyRho
We finally have a third club! Now we just need them to track down 11 more clubs with deep sentimental value to Tonbo.
@CrissyRho I was busy crying and now your comment made me laugh. my emotions are everywhere. T.T

Sep 9, 7:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was nice to hear Tsubura's explanations about her life and how her father helped her so much to be able to play golf despite having no money, that was moving. Now they discovered the map of the golf course and turns out you can play six holes with a different setup... I'm curious about that Kuta guy but Tonbo would need to leave the island to go there...
Sep 14, 11:19 AM

Oct 2011
Tsubura's dad just broke my heart, it's so beautiful he goes so far for his daughter, but damn, the reality of the importance of money just hits so close to home.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 13 Discussion

kjplethodon - Jun 28

24 by EsieEyen »»
Yesterday, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 11 Discussion

kuroneko99 - Jun 14

17 by EsieEyen »»
Yesterday, 12:28 AM

» Is this sports anime worth it?

Avamarie316 - Sep 17

9 by Avamarie316 »»
Sep 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 9 Discussion

Csend - May 31

14 by Ayunee »»
Sep 14, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 6 Discussion

Ten - May 10

11 by Ayunee »»
Sep 14, 7:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.