Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 17, 4:59 PM
May 2022
Love most sports anime. The worst one I have watched is that 3.18 seinen volleyball one. Know I butched the name but deserves it. Watched episode 1 of this and I felt nothing at all. It's rated a 7. But the number of 4s from people I like their taste is alarming. Need some morale to know if I should keep at this one.help
Sep 17, 6:10 PM

Mar 2021
If you want clean art/animation, this show will definitely disappoint you because it's on the lower end of the spectrum in that regard.

If your willing to get past that, then this is a more refreshing journey more about a character's self-exploration and unique talents rather than a highly-competitive anime. It's basically a Slice of Life-version of sports anime while still retaining plot progression in the form of character development. Expect heartwarming moments, and a unique take on playing golf (haven't played golf myself, but this is what the anime advertises and it made a decent amount of sense to me as a layman and I've seen positive comments about it from golfers as well). If you think you're gonna vibe with this type of premise, then I recommend it because it was quite refreshing.

Season 2 has the potential of shifting towards something that is significantly closer to the competitiveness in other sports anime, but I would imagine that it will retain a similar charm to what it had in the first season that makes it unique.
Sep 17, 6:16 PM
May 2022
Quadruple_Oi said:
If you want clean art/animation, this show will definitely disappoint you because it's on the lower end of the spectrum in that regard.

If your willing to get past that, then this is a more refreshing journey more about a character's self-exploration and unique talents rather than a highly-competitive anime. It's basically a Slice of Life-version of sports anime while still retaining plot progression in the form of character development. Expect heartwarming moments, and a unique take on playing golf (haven't played golf myself, but this is what the anime advertises and it made a decent amount of sense to me as a layman and I've seen positive comments about it from golfers as well). If you think you're gonna vibe with this type of premise, then I recommend it because it was quite refreshing.

Season 2 has the potential of shifting towards something that is significantly closer to the competitiveness in other sports anime, but I would imagine that it will retain a similar charm to what it had in the first season that makes it unique.

thanks will watch cos not seen that type and good to try new things. maybe felt like this because I just watched rising impact. from watching episode 1 I decided if she lives the island doesn't make sense and either kid picking up golf at saiyan speeds was abit samey. season 2 which I didn't know was coming gives me more value. thanks for views
Sep 17, 6:25 PM
Jul 2022
Of the 3 recent golf anime, being Tonbo, Birdie Wing, and Rising Impact, this was the most realistic. In general it was probably middle of the road in terms of production quality so it wasn't bad by any means. Of the 3 I mentioned I'd probably put it in 2nd.
Sep 17, 8:21 PM
Sep 2016
it's a solid show. very likable. very watchable.
Sep 17, 10:41 PM
Oct 2021
To me it’s more about life and redemption and real stuff than actual “sports” . It’s listed as a sports anime, and it does have sports in it , but it’s more slice of life. Kind of similar to Barakamon in a few ways, including how Barakamon has calligraphy in it but it’s not about it.

Don’t get me wrong, there’s more golf in Tonbo then there is calligraphy in Barakamon, but similarly presented imo. It’s also similar how male MC in both went to an island with small population as a punishment (In Tonbo he more went him self then someone making him but in some ways to punish himself as well).

Overall enjoyed it more than I thought I would looking at the score, definitely worth the watch if you like slice of life.
Sep 18, 12:31 AM
Mar 2021
This one surprised me, I really enjoyed it. As stated, think more slice of live with chilled vides, more than in your face sports anime. Just try the next couple of episodes and decide for yourself.
Sep 18, 7:59 AM
May 2022
yeah on episode 5. it's a good watch like the village mentally. would be really cool if one turns out to be a serial killer that would throw me off. but defo happy didn't drop
Sep 19, 6:58 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah definitely worth it. It’s enjoyable and still have lots more of enjoyment to give
Sep 19, 11:41 AM
May 2022
finished and the rating didn't lie it's a 7.my first slice of life I think. like the no over top moments and character 360s. enjoyed and looking forward to season 2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Apr 5

50 by DUUUVAL »»
Oct 17, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 13 Discussion

kjplethodon - Jun 28

25 by Ckea »»
Oct 1, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 11 Discussion

kuroneko99 - Jun 14

15 by EsieEyen »»
Sep 22, 12:28 AM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 9 Discussion

Csend - May 31

14 by Ayunee »»
Sep 14, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Ooi! Tonbo Episode 8 Discussion

Csend - May 24

9 by Ayunee »»
Sep 14, 11:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.