Forum Settings
Forums

What happened to the CrunchyRoll forum? Did it go offline?

New
May 15, 3:37 PM

Jul 2013
I had an account on Crunchyroll's forums. But I cannot find it anymore...has the forums been taken offline?? I would like to know...
May 15, 4:32 PM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Unfortunately yes.
On the positive side, some of the more active members of CR’s forums created the Four Seasons of Anime club here on MAL (a link to it is in my signature). We still have the seasonal anime discussion & award threads there.
OhayotakuMay 15, 4:35 PM
May 15, 4:39 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Ohayotaku
Unfortunately yes.
On the positive side, some of the more active members of CR’s forums created the Four Seasons of Anime club here on MAL (a link to it is in my signature). We still have the seasonal anime discussion & award threads there.
@Ohayotaku i hope this site doesnt go offline. I dont wanna be using Facebook...for good reasons...
May 15, 4:51 PM

May 2019
Reply to DesuMaiden
@Ohayotaku i hope this site doesnt go offline. I dont wanna be using Facebook...for good reasons...
@DesuMaiden
Worst case is it sometimes goes down for maintenance but that's usually announced ahead of time. I'm optimistic it'll be around for a long time as its pretty popular and it's been around for 20 years already.
May 15, 5:05 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
@DesuMaiden
Worst case is it sometimes goes down for maintenance but that's usually announced ahead of time. I'm optimistic it'll be around for a long time as its pretty popular and it's been around for 20 years already.
@Alfredo-Sauce well if this site doesnt run into funding issues, then it wont go down. It might get into funding issues, which might get it shut down tbh...
May 15, 6:18 PM

Jul 2016
the cr forums have been discontinued for a while now. not sure the exact reasons why. i had an account from 2009 and before its removal, i made sure to save what it looked like for the last time. as for MAL, i doubt this site will be going away anytime soon.
May 15, 6:25 PM

Jun 2007
They were shut down on November 1st 2022, along with some other features.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
May 15, 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Cazqui-09
the cr forums have been discontinued for a while now. not sure the exact reasons why. i had an account from 2009 and before its removal, i made sure to save what it looked like for the last time. as for MAL, i doubt this site will be going away anytime soon.
@Cazqui-09 > i doubt this site will be going away anytime soon.

It will go away soon when NTHE arrives...
May 15, 9:14 PM

Jul 2016
Mhm, I remember it going down ages ago now.
May 16, 12:27 AM

Jan 2008
They phased it out. Before, they had the forum link at the top of the front page. Then they moved it to a small area on the very bottom of the page like they wanted it to just be an afterthought. They also got rid of several forum boards, I assume to make it easier to moderate with fewer staff (profitsmaxxing). Then after that they got rid of it altogether. And now they've butchered the front page that remained relatively similar throughout the past 14 years or so, and turned it into a netflix clone.

There's no such thing as a crunchyroll community anymore. Kind of lame since being able to talk about anime with others is like half of what makes anime great. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though since other communities like MAL exist.
ZakuF_May 16, 12:33 AM
May 16, 12:36 AM

Jan 2009
they remove the forums there some years ago

mal is also silently killing the forums here
May 16, 2:09 AM

Dec 2014
who even uses crunchyroll just watch ur shiesty favorites on kissanime

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
May 16, 2:12 AM

Feb 2020
Dunno. I never use Crunchyroll anyway, so it doesn't really matter for me.
May 16, 4:31 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to deg
they remove the forums there some years ago

mal is also silently killing the forums here
@deg why would they wanna kill these forums?
May 16, 4:34 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to DesuMaiden
@deg why would they wanna kill these forums?
@DesuMaiden why is the forum activity so low now and its getting more lower?
May 16, 4:51 AM
Jun 2021
What have we been talking about Crunchyroll all this time? That they don't care about people who're actually invested into anime beyond the seasonal shounen.
One day it's the forums, the next it might be the subbed anime versions. Don't give them money.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 16, 11:27 AM

Jul 2013
Reply to deg
@DesuMaiden why is the forum activity so low now and its getting more lower?
@deg i dunno why so few people are posting on here tbh...
May 16, 9:58 PM

Feb 2021
The CR forums continue on the form of the Four Seasons of Anime club tho

Coldsp33d said:
You clearly know nothing about the CR forums, which were active even before Kissanime was ever a thing...

TheMechaManiac said:
One day it's the forums, the next it might be the subbed anime versions. Don't give them money.
Who is gonna make those Korean cartoons tho?
May 17, 1:31 AM
Jun 2021
and here comes the resident Crunchyroll shill.
Get the note already MadanielFl, people have genuine reasons to think the service is terrible (and it is), you're not improving things by defending their corrupt decisions.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 17, 6:10 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Zalis
They were shut down on November 1st 2022, along with some other features.
@Zalis That's insane. Back in '09-'13, I used cr to talk with people via the forums, groups, and GB posts, never watched anime on there. I don't understand why they would get rid of that stuff. And no "custom" avatars? What are people supposed to use for avis?
May 17, 7:20 AM
Simp4DemonGirls

Oct 2018
Reply to TheMechaManiac
and here comes the resident Crunchyroll shill.
Get the note already MadanielFl, people have genuine reasons to think the service is terrible (and it is), you're not improving things by defending their corrupt decisions.
@TheMechaManiac
If you want to see corrupt, turn off your adblocker before using your pirate sites.
OhayotakuMay 17, 7:34 AM
May 17, 7:21 AM

Feb 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
Nobody is talking about service bruh...
Just one guy that randomly started talking about Kissanime (a site that died years ago) when the topic was about the CR forums (who also started as a pirate site forum)

Anime pirates really are addicted to Cr like nobody else...

And you ignored me, who is gonna make our favorite Korean cartoons now???
May 17, 8:34 AM
Jun 2021
@Ohayotaku I use nyaa.si, never saw ads there. Checkmate.
@MadanielFL Nobody. Korean stuff is trash anyways.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 17, 8:36 AM

Feb 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
Nobody. Korean stuff is trash anyways.
But I saw an anime pirate and famous Crunchyroll hater (QPR) enjoying the anime adaptation of Viral Hit, so I'm kinda confused by that....
May 17, 11:57 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
TheMechaManiac said:
Nobody. Korean stuff is trash anyways.
But I saw an anime pirate and famous Crunchyroll hater (QPR) enjoying the anime adaptation of Viral Hit, so I'm kinda confused by that....
@MadanielFL not a big loss either way. Korea obviously doesn't see the value in animated productions, why should Americans?
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 17, 12:14 PM

Jul 2022
Reply to DesuMaiden
@deg i dunno why so few people are posting on here tbh...
@DesuMaiden I spend most of my MAL time in the clubs on the app, so I think most users have probably either migrated there or stopped posting entirely.

It's a completely different userbase on the app, many of which don't even know these forums exist.

Hopefully one day the app and website will be able to communicate with one another and potentially grow both.
May 17, 9:26 PM

Jun 2007
TheMechaManiac said:
What have we been talking about Crunchyroll all this time? That they don't care about people who're actually invested into anime beyond the seasonal shounen.

To be clear, I don't care if you like or subscribe to CR's service. But come on, do you honestly believe this bit of ridiculous fearmongering that you're pushing?

Though really, if hardcore anime viewers who push talking points like "true fans pirate anime and ;) bUy mERch inSteAD ;)" are that concerned about streaming services prioritizing newer/casual anime fans (which in my experience, is not actually the case), they only have themselves to blame.

pludel2 said:
And no "custom" avatars? What are people supposed to use for avis?
There's a range of available pre-made avatars that includes the CR logo/mascot and various images from recent/popular anime, including One Piece, JJK, AoT, Frieren, Apothecary Diaries, Chainsaw Man, Rent-A-Girlfriend, My Dress-Up-Darling, Bocchi the Rock, Dr. Stone, and others.

ZakuF_ said:
They also got rid of several forum boards, I assume to make it easier to moderate with fewer staff (profitsmaxxing).
And here I thought it was wrong for CR to spend money on anything other than anime licensing*, like HGS or office renovations. Wouldn't cutting back on staff like that be a good thing?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
May 17, 9:29 PM

Sep 2018
Can we search for our older comments on Crunchyroll yet? I wanna see my crap I posted ten plus years ago lol
May 18, 8:40 AM

Jun 2023
Reply to Zalis
TheMechaManiac said:

To be clear, I don't care if you like or subscribe to CR's service. But come on, do you honestly believe this bit of ridiculous fearmongering that you're pushing?

Though really, if hardcore anime viewers who push talking points like "true fans pirate anime and ;) bUy mERch inSteAD ;)" are that concerned about streaming services prioritizing newer/casual anime fans (which in my experience, is not actually the case), they only have themselves to blame.

pludel2 said:
And no "custom" avatars? What are people supposed to use for avis?
There's a range of available pre-made avatars that includes the CR logo/mascot and various images from recent/popular anime, including One Piece, JJK, AoT, Frieren, Apothecary Diaries, Chainsaw Man, Rent-A-Girlfriend, My Dress-Up-Darling, Bocchi the Rock, Dr. Stone, and others.

ZakuF_ said:
They also got rid of several forum boards, I assume to make it easier to moderate with fewer staff (profitsmaxxing).
And here I thought it was wrong for CR to spend money on anything other than anime licensing*, like HGS or office renovations. Wouldn't cutting back on staff like that be a good thing?

@Zalis Weird. I don't understand the decision, but at the same time I also have no technical knowledge of how to run websites. Really just seems odd, given one used to be able to upload whatever image one wanted for an avi.
May 18, 3:32 PM

Dec 2014
Reply to MadanielFL
The CR forums continue on the form of the Four Seasons of Anime club tho

Coldsp33d said:
You clearly know nothing about the CR forums, which were active even before Kissanime was ever a thing...

TheMechaManiac said:
Who is gonna make those Korean cartoons tho?
@MadanielFL y so aggro, just cuz iphone 3g came out before iphone 15 pro max dont mean u keep using the 3g

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.

More topics from this board

» Mistranslations: Japanese to English

Legion17 - Jul 6, 2007

12 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - Jun 2

27 by BaronessViridian »»
9 minutes ago

» Bash that anime!

Baman - Jun 27, 2007

33 by Daviljoe193 »»
27 minutes ago

» Tried going to reddit to discuss Anime, worst decision ever. ( 1 2 3 )

kriissyy12 - Jul 4, 2022

110 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
27 minutes ago

» Which anime could be classified as "Technically isikai?"( Another place but same world)

Ratris_Decision - 9 hours ago

8 by WatchTillTandava »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.