Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 15, 10:35 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to WatchTillTandava
RobertBobert said:
What does this have to do with my comment?

He or she probably brought it up because it's a known dialogue-heavy series.
@WatchTillTandava I know about this, but still, how did this relate to my comment? Did I somehow imply that this was my first time watching a show with a lot of dialogue? Damn, I have Mahouka and Oshi no Ko in my favorites.
Apr 15, 11:13 AM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
I know about this, but still, how did this relate to my comment? Did I somehow imply that this was my first time watching a show with a lot of dialogue? Damn, I have Mahouka and Oshi no Ko in my favorites.

Hmm, I guess it's just due to the first sentence of that post of yours "Not sure what to think about the fact that this show seems to be pretty focused on talking." It could be read or interpreted to serve as like a mild criticism of the show or that you were unsure how to take/respond to a heavily dialogue-based series. So they named a popular one well-known for its dialogue I suppose to gauge your familiarity.

Myself I love long and extensive detailed dialogue and monologues. My only slight issue with the first episode is a pacing one in that so much information was quickly relayed one piece after another that it could be a tad difficult to digest everything in close succession (I think that would be the case even in my native English language without subs, but then you add the foreign language element and subs as a slight layer on top of it), but it still worked well enough to establish the wacky frenetic tone of this world of this show and one could always go back, rewind, and revisit any scene which they feel they may have initially not comprehended or missed something in.
Apr 15, 11:28 AM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
I know about this, but still, how did this relate to my comment? Did I somehow imply that this was my first time watching a show with a lot of dialogue? Damn, I have Mahouka and Oshi no Ko in my favorites.

Hmm, I guess it's just due to the first sentence of that post of yours "Not sure what to think about the fact that this show seems to be pretty focused on talking." It could be read or interpreted to serve as like a mild criticism of the show or that you were unsure how to take/respond to a heavily dialogue-based series. So they named a popular one well-known for its dialogue I suppose to gauge your familiarity.

Myself I love long and extensive detailed dialogue and monologues. My only slight issue with the first episode is a pacing one in that so much information was quickly relayed one piece after another that it could be a tad difficult to digest everything in close succession (I think that would be the case even in my native English language without subs, but then you add the foreign language element and subs as a slight layer on top of it), but it still worked well enough to establish the wacky frenetic tone of this world of this show and one could always go back, rewind, and revisit any scene which they feel they may have initially not comprehended or missed something in.
@WatchTillTandava I was confused because I didn't expect the show to focus heavily on dialogue instead of seeming more towards a fun adventure like in the trailers. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as the show doesn't get too meditative.
Apr 15, 11:37 AM

May 2020
This is the first time I’ve seen a train running away from a .. tsunami-esque wave lol. Anyways this show is a chaos, be it the conversation between the girls or literal happenings.

This has a very big unknown with it right now. Hope we do learn more about their world from here on.
Apr 15, 11:44 AM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
I was confused because I didn't expect the show to focus heavily on dialogue instead of seeming more towards a fun adventure like in the trailers. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as the show doesn't get too meditative.

Yeah, because it's an anime original series and there is no manga, novel, or other source material to go off of, no genres were listed, and the synopsis and brief trailer/promos and poster art were not particularly revealing; it was essentially one big mystery box. I defaulted to just assuming it was most likely going to just be a CGDCT but with the main theme or setting as "trains", instead of, say "camping" (like Yuru Camp) or "motorcycles" (like Super Cub) and so largely about "nothing", which I'd probably watch because I'm fine with shows about "nothing" in particular and watch SoL and iyashikei regularly.

Instead it started off with a reality-warping, physics-defying bomb creating some form of glitch in the universe (or just Earth, Japan, or even just their immediate region of Japan - not sure of its scope yet or if that will ever be clarified) and now feels closer to something like a cross between Tengoku Daimakyou and Kemono Friends. Shows like this I tend to just let them do whatever they will and cast aside any expectations.
Apr 15, 11:49 AM

Apr 2012
RobertBobert said:
I was confused because I didn't expect the show to focus heavily on dialogue instead of seeming more towards a fun adventure like in the trailers. I don't see anything wrong with this as long as the show doesn't get too meditative.

Yeah, because it's an anime original series and there is no manga, novel, or other source material to go off of, no genres were listed, and the synopsis and brief trailer/promos and poster art were not particularly revealing; it was essentially one big mystery box. I defaulted to just assuming it was most likely going to just be a CGDCT but with the main theme or setting as "trains", instead of, say "camping" (like Yuru Camp) or "motorcycles" (like Super Cub) and so largely about "nothing", which I'd probably watch because I'm fine with shows about "nothing" in particular and watch SoL and iyashikei regularly.

Instead it started off with a reality-warping, physics-defying bomb creating some form of glitch in the universe (or just Earth, Japan, or even just their immediate region of Japan - not sure of its scope yet or if that will ever be clarified) and now feels closer to something like a cross between Tengoku Daimakyou and Kemono Friends. Shows like this I tend to just let them do whatever they will and cast aside any expectations.
@WatchTillTandava The main thing is that it is something unique. I appreciate original shows specifically for their experimentation and boldness, getting frustrated when I get what could otherwise be a simple LN or manga adaptation. For example, I was disappointed with G-Witch, but at the same time, it was still a unique show with a unique experience. Even despite copying Utena or Izetta.
Apr 15, 8:57 PM

Dec 2019
The visuals are amazing, those backgrounds are amazing, I'm loving each one of the characters and the situations they find themselves in are hilarious and make for good comedy.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Apr 17, 4:12 AM

Feb 2016
This anime turned out to be so extremely different from what I was expecting that I can't praise it enough lol
Btw the visuals are peak, this is movie quality.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Apr 18, 8:25 AM
Sep 2021
The journey continues to go & meet Youka their friend and during their travel they meet people with distinctive physical features.
Apr 28, 11:15 AM

Oct 2017
They were sensible enough trying to go back and get more stuff to continue their journey but well so much for that. Now their only way is forward and they arrive at their first station, higashi agano. People with mushroom on their head? Atleast they didn't turn animals. Btw the visuals were so good again. Specially the water, looked so clean.
Apr 29, 6:06 PM

Dec 2021
I'm still on the fence about whether this is a slow-burn horror series or not, but I'm also not entirely convinced that it isn't, haha. Also, Shizuru is solidifying her spot in my personal Seasonal Best Girl ranking. She's doing impressively well for someone who had minimal training on how to operate that train.

I had hoped they would maintain communication with Zenjiro through morse code, but it seems that's no longer an option now that the tracks are destroyed. Perhaps they'll come up with another method to stay in touch.

May 3, 11:28 AM
Apr 2024
it was very good. I like the vibe the shows giving and I'm curious to what's going to happen next.
May 23, 9:07 AM
Sep 2022
Me: I usually dont trust shows with a small girl cast as theyre often loli garbage

Me: Oh look theyre evaluating their food, I hope they brought enough!

Them: OH no we didnt bring enough panties!

Me: ah okay its one of those shows

I really hope this series doesnt get fan servicey/weird as I am enjoying it but this scene did not give me high hopes.
ChufalMay 23, 12:46 PM
May 25, 10:08 AM

Feb 2021
I am astounded by how chill those girls are, if I were in their situation, I would have been devoid of hope. I would like to restate what I have said in ep1 discussion. Instead of going for the Made In Abyss direction, I think this anime is going for the Gakkougurashi! vibes, something like appreciating little thing in this barren wasteland.

May 30, 7:06 AM

Nov 2020
Well, it would be better if they found this ultra-important map in a bottle in the water or something and not wasted time on this strange guy whose appearance seemed so forced by the script xD
4/5
Jun 2, 9:34 AM

Jan 2022
They started with 8 kids and now they only had 4 girls. I still wonder why the conductor couldn't join the girls on their mission.

Akira wasn't forced to join... she really is being a wet blanket.

I'm still not understanding how the newspaper was only published 2 months ago and it still showed a picture of Yoka.

Komassie, is actually Kussie aka Loch Ness Monster.

Rippppp now they can't return unless they get a boat.

Did we ever discover why the bitter melon bushes grew so fast?
This never updates so that's cool
Jun 17, 2:22 AM

Nov 2019
They get on the train and along the way they meet a suspicious old man on a floating duck boat. They ask the man for directions to Ikebukuro but he dawdles with hypothetic information. Shizuru receives the map and in exchange for it she hands the man a map, crazy how much joy he gets from a cigarette - this must be a real post apocalyptic world if there aren't readily available cigarettes. The water rises on the tracks while they are on their way and it turns out the map was a sham; They try to outpace the big wave and are lucky to outrun it in time. They arrive at Higashi Agano station welcomed by the residents.

Episode was decent, I like how they start off with flashbacks to when Youka was new to school.

Jun 28, 1:20 PM
May 2024
"That Morse code should NOT of worked"
- Billboard

"Billboard was right about the Hearst Carnival Nachos, this shit slaps"
- Blub
Jul 15, 9:44 AM

Feb 2018
Well, after encountering the first person since leaving and managing to escape a huge tsunami, it looks like they've got to the first rest stop...run by mushroom people.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 24

118 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10

67 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 3

60 by badabass »»
Sep 1, 6:45 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27

77 by badabass »»
Aug 30, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 20

103 by badabass »»
Aug 14, 6:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.