Forum Settings
Forums

the sequels are taking too long, don't you think?

New
Mar 1, 6:29 PM

Apr 2021
It's been 2 years since we've been waiting for the continuation of Sono Bisque Doll that I didn't even remember that this anime existed.

I'm also waiting for Bocchi the Rock, I can't wait.
Matheus050Mar 1, 7:31 PM
Mar 1, 6:31 PM

Sep 2018
As a no game no life the wait feels endless. At least re zero s3 is confirmed.
Mar 1, 7:04 PM

Jan 2023
Me waiting for season two of 86:

┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Mar 1, 7:10 PM

Mar 2019
This is the case of Ao no Exorcist, 2011, 2017, 2024.
Kuroshitsuji too, 10 years later the anime will return. :'3
Mar 1, 7:13 PM

Dec 2022
One Punch Man takes eternity to get a damn new season. And currently, the season bound to release is having problems too.

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 1, 7:20 PM

Jan 2020
Haruhi has been 14 years without a sequel, one gets used.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Mar 1, 7:31 PM

Apr 2021
@eli_shmeli ah! Sorry, it was my mistake.
Mar 1, 7:32 PM
Oct 2019
First time? I been waiting 9 years for no game no life and 10 for high school of the dead you get use to in no time it's just like swimming once you learned you can't unlearn it.
Mar 1, 8:20 PM

Jun 2008
Kind of the way how I'm feeling waiting for a new season of Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card. 😭
Mar 1, 8:50 PM

Jul 2021
be grateful we are even getting a handful of sequels. many animes are advertising material for the sources.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Mar 1, 8:59 PM

May 2018
the amount of animes I wish had a second season.... akatsuki no yona, grimgar, children of the whales, drifters, maid sama, princess jellyfish, ghost hunt, skip beat, arslan senki, ohshc....

I've learned to be grateful and patiently wait for the anime that do get a confirmed continuation... right now that's youjo senki, great pretender, kimi ni todoke, and blue lock.
NoelleIsSleepyMar 1, 9:03 PM
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 1, 9:04 PM

Feb 2016
This I why I pay little attention to seasonals. If by chance an anime gets a continuation-most don't-it will be after everyone has forgotten it. At least with retro anime I can trust fans to remember Himitsu no Akko-chan, or else I wouldn't have learned of it in the 1st place.
その目だれの目?
Mar 1, 9:13 PM

Aug 2020
Tbf, the animes you've listed are completely forgettable.
Keep scrolling
Mar 1, 9:15 PM

May 2015
I waited 7 years for Chihayafuru 3 and am going on 4 for the next season, so quit your bitching.
Mar 1, 9:26 PM

May 2021
This spring season is bringing a lot of sequels that I am looking forward to. However it really just is what it is, I remember being so surprised when Hataraku Maou-sama! got a continuation after 10 years. Unfortunately it wasn't really as good as the original season but it did have the same cast and some of the same staff so I still got some enjoyment out of it. Worth mentioning but I am pretty hype to hear that Dorohedoro is getting a continuation.

As for Sono Bisque Doll I ended up getting caught up with the manga. Glad I did too it was a nice and chill read

There is so much anime to watch it's hard to say I'm really laying in wait for specific sequels to come out but yeah I will never complain when anime I like gets renewed
Mar 1, 9:44 PM

Jul 2007
I love anime but this is the thing that drives me crazy no matter how much I watch. There are so many interesting stories that could unfold, so many couples could be so much more, etc, that never manifest in anime form because a show disappears. Even shows that have seen many sequels already are not guaranteed to get a complete adaptation and that almost makes it worse! I wish companies would at least follow-through. I look back jealously on the older shows that seemed to have longer runs.

I get that anime is a form of advertisement but it still makes me sad we'll never see something like Yona of the Dawn again or that it's unlikely we'll see newer shows like Kono Oto Tomare! get a continuation. Occasionally we get an older show with a come back (most recently Kimi ni Todoke ) but for everything that comes back, we have others that make us wonder why there hasn't been an announcement at all...like Iruma-kun.

Just remember when a sequel gets announced, even if it isn't the one you want, someone...somewhere...is happy.
iwubanimeMar 1, 9:56 PM
Mar 1, 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
I don't even remember how many years it has been but I'm still waiting for Akatsuki no Yona and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun sequels
Mar 1, 10:10 PM

Apr 2015
I mean...2 years is next to nothing, I've been waiting for sequels for anime like Magi, Noragami, Yona of the Dawn, Skip Beat, Grimgar, Chihayafuru, etc. which haven't come out with sequels in like 5-10 years. Most of which likely won't ever get a continuation. At least Sono Bisque Doll and Bocchi the Rock are almost guaranteed to get sequels with how well they've done in sales.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Mar 1, 10:21 PM

Apr 2023
I'm really just replying to salute to a fellow Kotomi Ichinose enjoyer. Godspeed.

I'm not in a huge rush, personally. Feel like it's pretty normal for this genre to be about two years or so between seasons. And frankly, even though I enjoy them immensely, they're pretty predictable anyway.
Mar 2, 12:03 AM

Dec 2015
I've waited 10 years for Bleach, still waiting for NGNL and some others.

2 years seems like a meme "rookie numbers"
Mar 2, 12:28 AM

Jan 2009
meanwhile bleach fans waited for 10 years for a sequel
Mar 2, 1:20 AM

Aug 2020
I mean Mushishi (fall 2005) got a sequel in Jan 2014, Ashita no Joe (1970) in 1980, Full Metal Panic 2 (2005) in 2018, and ofc Bleach. There's also the possibility of the long-awaited sequel ruining the original eg Berserk.
Mar 2, 4:15 AM

Feb 2020
2 years isn't that much to be honest. I have been waiting for some sequels much longer.
Mar 2, 4:35 AM
Jan 2024
waiting for sao season 5 is a pain as the ln is still in writing dunno how long will it take
Mar 2, 4:47 AM

May 2021
It feels like we are burning our lives just by waiting through the sequels. For some people waiting 10 years for a sequel like Bleach, they are burning 1/8 of their lives just for that. Insane to think about.
Mar 2, 5:01 AM

May 2023
While some titles/franchises are rolling out sequels incessantly [both asked and unasked for]..
Mar 2, 5:03 AM

Jun 2020
The Bocchi recap movies are going to announce S2 trust me, Cloverworks just needed time to work on their cash cow Spy X Family first
Mar 2, 5:31 AM

Jan 2024
Reply to deg
meanwhile bleach fans waited for 10 years for a sequel
@deg And they’re still waiting for TYBW Part 3. Which may come out in April.
Mar 2, 6:52 AM
ranked 54 in FAL
Mar 2018
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
the amount of animes I wish had a second season.... akatsuki no yona, grimgar, children of the whales, drifters, maid sama, princess jellyfish, ghost hunt, skip beat, arslan senki, ohshc....

I've learned to be grateful and patiently wait for the anime that do get a confirmed continuation... right now that's youjo senki, great pretender, kimi ni todoke, and blue lock.
@Noelle43

arslan senki did have a second season though! it was only 8 episodes long, but it was still quite good. of course, your point still stands, considering it was still in the middle of the story and it has been almost 8 years and no news of a third season, that would probably never arrive.

still, i thought i'd mention that for the low chance that you missed it and you still have some arslan anime content to catch up on ;)

Mar 2, 7:02 AM
Jun 2016
Reply to billybub
I waited 7 years for Chihayafuru 3 and am going on 4 for the next season, so quit your bitching.
@billybub Just read the manga bro. It's way to Goated to still wait.
Mar 2, 7:03 AM
Feb 2021
As a hyouka who is still waiting for vol 7 of novel and it have been i think 7 years(correct me if I am wrong) you just get used to it
Mar 2, 7:12 AM

May 2015
Reply to Nothing129
@billybub Just read the manga bro. It's way to Goated to still wait.
@Nothing129 I finished the manga last year, just really enjoy the anime.
Mar 2, 7:22 AM

Apr 2011
At last a new anime of Dorohedoro was confirmed.

I hope for more Major 2nd and Ao Ashi.
Mar 2, 8:52 AM

May 2018
Reply to betaweeb
@Noelle43

arslan senki did have a second season though! it was only 8 episodes long, but it was still quite good. of course, your point still stands, considering it was still in the middle of the story and it has been almost 8 years and no news of a third season, that would probably never arrive.

still, i thought i'd mention that for the low chance that you missed it and you still have some arslan anime content to catch up on ;)

@betaweeb I've seen it, but thank you! I was happy to get that second season way back when, but the ending was just so abrupt :'(
DRINK SOME WATER! FOOL!!!
Mar 2, 9:25 AM

Nov 2020
No way that anime was 2 years ago. well its anime for ya, we weebs are probably above average in terms of patience(especially those manga readers that reads monthly/irregular updates). Just hope that tomorrow there will be a sequel announcement. tbh as someone who read the manga of dress up darling it kind of felt repetitive and close to no development
Mar 2, 9:30 AM

May 2020
Me being an Akemi Homura fan...

Its basically a testament to her commitment/patience/perseverance to suffer for that long...

That my waiting is just waiting & not actually suffering unlike her...

All Hail Homucifer!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 2, 12:33 PM
Mar 2015
For folks who couldn't get into the horror genre of Digimon Ghost Game, we need a new Digimon season bad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - Apr 16

26 by ggultra2764 »»
4 minutes ago

» Why do people hate MAPPA?

BuddhaIsBetter - May 24

49 by WaffleMaster89 »»
5 minutes ago

» Why are The Mysterious Play, Colour Cloud Palace and Raven of the Inner Palace not as popular as The Apothecary Diaries ?

KingSunWukong - Mar 25

30 by WaffleMaster89 »»
22 minutes ago

» Which one would you prefer

JoeChip - Today

25 by OmegaMilo »»
23 minutes ago

» Is your waifu self-aware of her beauty?

KryzakamiHrybami - 9 hours ago

8 by OmegaMilo »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.