Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shangri-La Frontier
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 19, 6:36 AM
Jan 2019
Feb 19, 2:04 PM
Mar 2019
4.5 minutes at the end for credits and the chibi show...

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Feb 19, 3:45 PM

Nov 2013
after a long streak of episodes, we finally got the end of the wethermon arc
lol Pencildragon sure has a soft spot for Setsuna, i bet she doesn't cry often

we saw the ashura kai people again, and funny how Saiga was summoned to protect them
she was too happy to be of use to her crush

wasn't expecting the last paert tho, but i guess it makes sense, Pencildragon wants to stop being a pker so she can (maybe?) hung out with her friends

what a fight between the 2 girls, but i'm pretty sure a tired Pencildragon is no match for the power of Saiga
but...will the other 2 get killed as well? lmao nice cliffhanger
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 19, 3:53 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to Fever1102
4.5 minutes at the end for credits and the chibi show...
@Fever1102 i wonder when people will realise that episode is already 23 minutes like any other anime, BEFORE chibi comes as a little bonus lol
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Feb 19, 7:13 PM
Oct 2020
SSS+++ AAAAAAAAAA
Feb 19, 10:37 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
I always sit down to watch this show every week and I feel like as soon as I started it that it’s already ending 😅 such a refreshing series, and we don’t have to many episodes left this season. The world story is only at 12% and only one of the unique monsters has been taken down since the game started. Looks like this show is just getting started. Looking forward to next weeks episode 😬
Feb 20, 5:24 AM
Mar 2021
master piece mozaemon
Feb 20, 4:50 PM

May 2019
So what happened to the epic loot?? I'm assuming they'll show it in the next episode but I thought it would've been shown right after defeating the boss.

Btw it kind of sucks how this game announces the players that killed the unique monster to everyone as I imagine they will be bothered by many players as Psyger-0's sister is about to do.
Feb 20, 7:38 PM
Jun 2012
Glad to see more Psyger. It would have been nice to see the entire fight in this episode's runtime tho.
Feb 20, 7:39 PM
Jun 2012
Reply to Mainnus
The episode when through like a breeze, 30 minutes felt too short. The satisfaction and excitement of defeating a unique boss emanating even in real life.
@Mainnus It almost felt like she had a heart. For just a second there. She was almost human.
Feb 20, 10:12 PM
Mar 2019
Reply to winddevil1
@Fever1102 i wonder when people will realise that episode is already 23 minutes like any other anime, BEFORE chibi comes as a little bonus lol
@winddevil1 This... Is true!

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Feb 21, 6:32 AM

Oct 2008
oh my gosh! did we just witnessed the true power of a serious badass Psyger-0 in full engage mode!? damn!!!
5/5!

Feb 21, 8:30 AM
Sep 2021
The ShangriLaFrontier game is going to expand its story by introducing a new world story, excited for what it holds.
Feb 21, 11:02 AM
Jul 2023
it was a crazy episode
Feb 21, 7:52 PM

Nov 2009
SET-CHAN~~~~

Well, they beat the unique boss, and learned there's another boss called Bahamut that apparently no one knows of?

Also, the NPCs aren't fully "scripted", since they can react and actually remember past interactions between players and NPC.

Meanwhile they got a special Title for clearing the unique boss. (but while they were trying to keep it on the down low... but the system announce the fight...)

Also... World Story... progress... 11% (with unique boss down) 12%... HOLY SHIT... how big is this game? (something like 500GB size of Lore? LOL)

Also, OOF, Ruthless Pencil... personally finishing off her little brother...

BTW, what's with the mushroom Sun's holding? LOL

And Rei decide to use a Ult on Pencil, hmm...

BTW, I just realized, but is the guild leader Psyger-100, Rei's actual RL sister? or just in game sisters? Huh...

Imagine if she knew her little sis has Sun's contact the entire time, LOL.

Also...

Faeria mentioned again... She's pretty much now used as a torture device huh?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 22, 8:31 AM

May 2015
The goodbye to Setsuna was kinda heartbreaking.
Feb 22, 2:50 PM

Jul 2016
Really exciting when the game's narrator announced what Sunraku and co. accomplished. Lots of new characters showed up because of this so now I'm really interested in seeing what new interactions will come in the future.
Feb 23, 4:37 AM
Oct 2021
Fantastic Episode, good animation
Feb 23, 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
Nice! Battle recap was also cool. Now everyone knows about them, and starts wondering how they got to know each other, and who Oikatzo-The_Pro_Gamer is. :3
But we will get annoying rabbit back soon i feel.
Feb 23, 8:29 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to GoombaGeorge
Ventus_S said:
@GoombaGeorge I watched it weekly duh.
None of my questions are explained. This is like the most barebone backstory i've seen from a villain that has been built up for almost a full season.
A girl dies, someone guard her grave, she sings cuz reasons. PVP girl empathize her. Period, that's all we got.
Feel free to elaborate more mr. genius.

either watch the show again and you might figure it out as it shows you some of that stuff.
and some of it is obviously being saved to reveal later, you think everytime anything happens in a show it needs an in depth explantaion, no, you need some mystery, some missing details to get people immersed in the story and to theorise what will happen next or what something meant. As an anime only watcher, I and every single person ive seen online other than you think this is done really well.

or you can just stop watching if you think its so bad, but if you dont understand why this show did what it did then youll struggle with a lot of shows, I personally recommend you watch thomas the tank engine or something they dont have any of this storytelling nonsense.

ps. she wasnt singing, it was a song playing in the background, you know like all shows play songs that fulfil the mood and isnt something the characters actually hear
@GoombaGeorge

either watch the show again and you might figure it out as it shows you some of that stuff.

Why don't you tell us instead. Afterall you're acting all high and mighty as if you know the answers. But from my perspective you're just acting as a poser.

and some of it is obviously being saved to reveal later, you think everytime anything happens in a show it needs an in depth explantaion, no, you need some mystery, some missing details to get people immersed in the story and to theorise what will happen next or what something meant.

But this show isn't a mystery anime. There isn't even an actual plot. It's a dumb gamer guy who doesn't bathe and spends all his time playing videogames rather than go out and touch grass every once in a while. There's no need to theorize because it allegedly takes elements from already existing videogames and it should stick to already stablished rules. Heck the show is sometimes blatantly ignorant and the animation staff think the audience needs notes when it comes to gaming jargon like "Player Killer".

As an anime only watcher, I and every single person ive seen online other than you think this is done really well.

There are people that talk about the short comings of the show, just not big on numbers, but we exist. Obviously people like you ignore those kinds of comments because they don't align with your rose tinted glasses view of the series and act surprised when you finally are awake to recognize that not everyone sees it the same way.

or you can just stop watching if you think its so bad, but if you dont understand why this show did what it did then youll struggle with a lot of shows, I personally recommend you watch thomas the tank engine or something they dont have any of this storytelling nonsense.

Or you can just save your condescending and unwarranted advice. For real no one stops watching a show just because a Karen tells them what to do with their time.

KimurahFeb 23, 8:35 PM
Feb 24, 3:56 AM
Jul 2020
I cant tell if you serious and stupid, or just a troll.

Youre saying i'm a poser for not being bothered to explain a show to someone who could just be a troll trying to waste peoples time and get a reaction, so im sticking to my point, if you enjoy the show then watch it and hopefully the whole story wont go over your head this time, otherwise maybe its not the show for you. I'm not saying that in a mean way, I just dont see why you would watch a show you dont understand at all and therefore wont like as much

I never said it was a mystery anime, I said it had some mystery, maybe mystery wasnt the best word but the sentiment holds up, as an example angel beats isnt a mystery but it doesnt reveal everyones backstory immediately, the point was not everything is given to you, most shows dont hand you everything on a platter when it comes to the story, its to build suspense and give the community something to talk about.

as for ignoring other people with negative opinions, just no, I wouldnt be responding to you if I ignored everyone, and I see people with little things, my problem here was that the whole show pretty much was being trashed and for needless reasons as the storytelling techniques just went over your head. When I said id seen no one else complain I meant about big issues or the show in general. I'm sure there is those people, I dont look at community stuff for any show because the community usually sucks or is really cringe, but when I have looked it has always been good stuff with a few minor issues (usually source material readers).

Finally, I apologise for being condescending with the thomas the tank engine comment, I just genuinely dont know how you can watch most shows when your problem with this one is something that most shows, anime, games do to some capacity.
And I fail to see how telling you not to watch a show you dont like makes me a karen, but whatever.
I suppose if sunraku's whole thing is getting a kick out of 'trash games' then you can watch what you believe to be 'trash anime'.
Feb 24, 6:50 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
So after all that unique monster scenario the world story just progressed by 1%? Is this game that huge in scope? Amazing, now I'm really digging where this could go as well as the repercussions behind the announcement. Kinda reminds me of Ready Player One only less smug and shitty and with way more thoughtout direction in that sense.

On the other hand, no wonder we had not seen Psyger-0 fight until this point. What the hell were those buffs and that last attack? Did she really invest that much time into the game for Hizutome? Or was that at the expense of her sister? I dunno but I think with character development comes party changes probably.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Feb 24, 10:42 AM
Mar 2020
You have to really feel bad for poor Rei in this situation. The one time a girl likes the gamer guy, her rival for his affections is a literal top model. Would be interesting to see what happens if Pencilgon finds out about Rei's affections for Sunraku. I'd have no doubt she'd try to seduce him just to tease Rei.
Feb 24, 9:02 PM
Oct 2023
Penutup arc yg epic
Feb 25, 5:45 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to GoombaGeorge
I cant tell if you serious and stupid, or just a troll.

Youre saying i'm a poser for not being bothered to explain a show to someone who could just be a troll trying to waste peoples time and get a reaction, so im sticking to my point, if you enjoy the show then watch it and hopefully the whole story wont go over your head this time, otherwise maybe its not the show for you. I'm not saying that in a mean way, I just dont see why you would watch a show you dont understand at all and therefore wont like as much

I never said it was a mystery anime, I said it had some mystery, maybe mystery wasnt the best word but the sentiment holds up, as an example angel beats isnt a mystery but it doesnt reveal everyones backstory immediately, the point was not everything is given to you, most shows dont hand you everything on a platter when it comes to the story, its to build suspense and give the community something to talk about.

as for ignoring other people with negative opinions, just no, I wouldnt be responding to you if I ignored everyone, and I see people with little things, my problem here was that the whole show pretty much was being trashed and for needless reasons as the storytelling techniques just went over your head. When I said id seen no one else complain I meant about big issues or the show in general. I'm sure there is those people, I dont look at community stuff for any show because the community usually sucks or is really cringe, but when I have looked it has always been good stuff with a few minor issues (usually source material readers).

Finally, I apologise for being condescending with the thomas the tank engine comment, I just genuinely dont know how you can watch most shows when your problem with this one is something that most shows, anime, games do to some capacity.
And I fail to see how telling you not to watch a show you dont like makes me a karen, but whatever.
I suppose if sunraku's whole thing is getting a kick out of 'trash games' then you can watch what you believe to be 'trash anime'.
@GoombaGeorge

Stop acting as if you have evidence of what you're talking about, because you don't. There's no story in here, it's not a hero's journey, it's not self discovery character drama, it's just a dumb kid playing videogames all day and that's it. Nothing he does inside the videogame changes his world inside nor out. People that say "i'ts not for you" are already grasping at straws because they had nothing to support their statements in the first place.

Never seen Angel Beats, but I'm guessing that like most tearjerkers from Jun Maeda the limitation of characters' info will serve later on for a plottwist that will change them inside out (aka character growth) There's nothing even similarn in here because like I've said, this isn't a character driven show and it's not a plot driven either since there's no bigger narrative other than unlocking further events in a videogame (like fetching new quests in your average ARPG). The whole "mystery" aura this show throws at the viewer is just smoke and mirrors in order to hype up empty events later on (like throwing random big names like Bahamut and kids will get excited over nothing).

Again, you're acting like a poser, or should I say like the emperor from The emperor's new clothes thinking anyone that can't see his clothes are just idiots, but the actual idiot is the emperor for being fooled by a con artist. There are no fancy storytelling techniques in here, it's all straight out event procedure, finishing a quest and then going for a new on, and again there isn't even any kind of character driven narrative that could balance out such a weak piece of fiction. You're way too attached to the series watching it with beer googles and expecting everyone else to be this drunk or dumb to be overhyped over nothing.

Also I've been very vocal about the short comings of this show for months in here and this is literally the first time I've seen you make a reply in here, so my point stands that you completely ignore criticism on average basis.

Because a lot of the shows I watch have actually something to grab me and most of the audiences. Like I said several times, other shows are either actually plot driven or character driven or a mix of both. Shangri-la Frontier is neither because nothing that Sunraku does affects his world in a significant way and it doesn't make him grow either. This show manages to over stretch content as if it's some cheap pizza dough, it could have easily fit it's 25 episode content in just 13 episodes and no one would bat an eye. There's for instance a very similar show, Gun Gale Online, another VRMMO game with guns and nothing really serious happens inside the game, but at least the main character karen, is quite different than the avatar she created in game, there's a bit of character growth and character driven narrative from Karen in the show that despite it being also a show with no real stakes and no bigger narrative. That show despite it being something like a 6 or 7 has more value than a show like Shangri-la that's just big sakuga and hollow cardboard characters.

Because you're telling me and others what to do with my/their time. That's what a KAREN does. Next time you should use google to search for simple concepts you don't know/understand before making a retort.

Duh. Thank you Captain obvious. If you already understood such a simple concept, why did you have to tell S_Ventus and me that we should stop watching crap anime like this one? You're really not the sharpest tool in the shed.
KimurahFeb 25, 5:51 PM
Feb 25, 11:45 PM
Jul 2020
Kimurah said:
@GoombaGeorge

Stop acting as if you have evidence of what you're talking about, because you don't. There's no story in here, it's not a hero's journey, it's not self discovery character drama, it's just a dumb kid playing videogames all day and that's it. Nothing he does inside the videogame changes his world inside nor out. People that say "i'ts not for you" are already grasping at straws because they had nothing to support their statements in the first place.

Never seen Angel Beats, but I'm guessing that like most tearjerkers from Jun Maeda the limitation of characters' info will serve later on for a plottwist that will change them inside out (aka character growth) There's nothing even similarn in here because like I've said, this isn't a character driven show and it's not a plot driven either since there's no bigger narrative other than unlocking further events in a videogame (like fetching new quests in your average ARPG). The whole "mystery" aura this show throws at the viewer is just smoke and mirrors in order to hype up empty events later on (like throwing random big names like Bahamut and kids will get excited over nothing).

Again, you're acting like a poser, or should I say like the emperor from The emperor's new clothes thinking anyone that can't see his clothes are just idiots, but the actual idiot is the emperor for being fooled by a con artist. There are no fancy storytelling techniques in here, it's all straight out event procedure, finishing a quest and then going for a new on, and again there isn't even any kind of character driven narrative that could balance out such a weak piece of fiction. You're way too attached to the series watching it with beer googles and expecting everyone else to be this drunk or dumb to be overhyped over nothing.

Also I've been very vocal about the short comings of this show for months in here and this is literally the first time I've seen you make a reply in here, so my point stands that you completely ignore criticism on average basis.

Because a lot of the shows I watch have actually something to grab me and most of the audiences. Like I said several times, other shows are either actually plot driven or character driven or a mix of both. Shangri-la Frontier is neither because nothing that Sunraku does affects his world in a significant way and it doesn't make him grow either. This show manages to over stretch content as if it's some cheap pizza dough, it could have easily fit it's 25 episode content in just 13 episodes and no one would bat an eye. There's for instance a very similar show, Gun Gale Online, another VRMMO game with guns and nothing really serious happens inside the game, but at least the main character karen, is quite different than the avatar she created in game, there's a bit of character growth and character driven narrative from Karen in the show that despite it being also a show with no real stakes and no bigger narrative. That show despite it being something like a 6 or 7 has more value than a show like Shangri-la that's just big sakuga and hollow cardboard characters.

Because you're telling me and others what to do with my/their time. That's what a KAREN does. Next time you should use google to search for simple concepts you don't know/understand before making a retort.

Duh. Thank you Captain obvious. If you already understood such a simple concept, why did you have to tell S_Ventus and me that we should stop watching crap anime like this one? You're really not the sharpest tool in the shed.

you clearly cant read or are a troll or simply dont understand anything, so im not going to waste anymore time. If you want a rebuttal to any if your points then Id suggest you re-read my previous replies.

"its impossible to win an arguement with a stupid person"

じゃあね
Feb 26, 3:01 AM

Nov 2019
lol so Orcelot is really related to Pencilgon irl? Hilarious.
Feb 26, 4:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Amazing the Psyger-O power!!!!
kekeke
Feb 26, 7:36 AM
Jul 2020
um dos melhores ep, chorei no começo e achei o final daoraaa
Feb 26, 7:38 AM

Jun 2016
not really good , just average ...
Feb 29, 4:03 PM
Jan 2022
some scenes are taking too long
Mar 2, 7:13 AM
Apr 2022
Sanraku accidentally created his Harem and I'm down for this war, tbh.
Mar 2, 8:00 PM

Jul 2017
As the battle subsides with Wethermon admitting his defeat and reunion with Setsuna, the quest however, feels like it's not done yet. Instead, what stands is a remnant of her, acting if like she was the real thing, explaining the entire quest theoretically. That's the first part, and the second part: Bahamut, but which SLF doesn't have a monster database named after it. With the official clearance of the quest, the loot's about to be confirmed, but which an announcement came after, telling everyone that the world story wtihin SLF has progressed.

That meaning, which Wethermon was part of SLF's Main Story plotline, and everyone now is in notice of the 3 of them, especially Arthur, using Ashura Kai as a diversion. Adding Sunraku's plot with Rabituza, and Rei's group of Schwarz are now in the know about them. In terms of the PK when they get back, facing Orcelott and the others, the Distress Signal: Friend Warp to get Psyger-0 to eliminate the rest of the Ashura Kai group. And since she's here, it would be a good chance for Arthur to test herself against for a friendly, which both took their fight seriously as they should.

Hype fight between two giants.
Mar 9, 3:03 PM

Dec 2013
Pencilgon saying goodbye to Setsuma was way more emotional than I was expecting.

Seems like these three about to become celebrities in the world of Shangri-La frontier after that announcement.

The Pencilgon vs Psyger 0 fight was a pleasant surprise.
Mar 15, 8:54 AM
Aug 2023
best fighitng sence
Mar 17, 12:00 AM

May 2020
Not sure how that Setsuna thing was emotional but okay, despite recapping stuffs a bit and all, they did give the confirmation that Wethermon got dispatched.

For what it's worth, that announcement would just give these people some unwanted attention. So we'll see. And by the way, just because you set things straight a bit doesn't mean you can start again with a blank slate lol.
Mar 26, 2:27 PM
Nov 2023
What is the song right after the fight, while he is walking off to the tomb? I love it so much but I can't find info about it...
Would be happy if someone could help me here
Mar 31, 2:30 AM
Mar 2024
So GG bro thats scene how epic
Mar 31, 2:57 AM

Jun 2019
Looks like it's going down between two ladies after that sad farewell and the entire game knows about them as well. Kinda cool but can be scary as well.
Apr 5, 4:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The end of Wethermon's event and I love how the whole game got informed that they beat it, that was absolutely epic, now we have Pencilgon vs Psyger-0 which is a good replacement ahaha
Apr 19, 6:08 PM
Mar 2019
They are now more famous.
Psyger 0 reappears.
May 21, 7:32 PM
May 2020
yee good stuff, just dropped the dev char now its just going through a check list
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 28

75 by PrimeX »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21

86 by PrimeX »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 7

63 by PrimeX »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2023

92 by PrimeX »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shangri-La Frontier: Kusoge Hunter, Kamige ni Idoman to su Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2023

79 by PrimeX »»
11 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.