Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 21, 2023 3:51 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Kufufu looks like she'll become a very interesting villain in the future. I really like her design and her powers are interesting even though I found her more annoying (which is probably by design) in the recent arc because I wanted to focus on Pesha and Tzeveta.

Overall a pretty decent show. I'd give it a 6/10 because I really like Teru and Iko's relationship and the Tzeveta/Pesha arc was pretty good even though I feel like it dragged a bit too long. Animation is nothing to write home about it was always nice to look at and I really like the art style in here.
Dec 22, 2023 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
to be honest i kinda enjoyed watch this entire episode from this show ...

hope s2 is gonna be in mid 2024
Dec 29, 2023 12:32 AM

Jan 2011
That was an extremely boring finale. People don't listen to the people who overhype this show. It's all right. It has a lot of ideas and the villains are interesting but Shy going to need some depth to her character.

7 out of 10
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 30, 2023 4:02 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
As far as finales go, that was a terrible episode. Luckily, the previous 3 episodes were the best of the series and did enough to bring me back for season 2 when it airs. Just a disappointing way to end a solid section of the story. Oh, well. The series gets a 5/10 from me. Good enough to not be waste of time, at least.
Dec 31, 2023 9:42 AM

Jan 2013
Production quality 9/10 with 5/10 writing. I give it a 7/10 just because Pepesha is given so much time.
Jan 3, 5:23 PM

Oct 2022
pretty good but way too chatty for an action show. towards the end they were talking in circles and reminding each other of things they'd already talked about. also felt like it lost steam after the pretty cool intro arc because a lot of the fun gags and character moments started disappearing. cautiously optimistic about season 2 but they do have some problems to fix.
fgsfds
Jan 15, 3:28 PM

Jun 2014
I'm now wondering if Teru's sister was a hero as well, based on the blonde hero figure and her sister's face being unshown.

Also, I have a feeling that Iko may like Teru as more than just a friend, but it may just seem that way. You know how they try to bait the audience.

This was pretty good. No masterpiece, but not too bad either. I'll be checking out the 2nd season when it comes out.

Jan 18, 7:58 PM
Jan 2017
I can't say I'm disappointed because I had a feeling that this episode would be both an epilogue and a setup for next season. As a whole, Shy has been safe, unambitious and downright afraid to take risks with its premise and storyline. It's not bad, but I can say with confidence that lots of other shows have handled its tropes and conventions better.
Jan 21, 2:17 PM

Feb 2014
Hm, a hidden gem.

As expected the mean score is low. Oh well, unfornutely it´s been a few years since people is just about high-tier productions and whatever if the anime is truly good or not.

8/10
Feb 7, 11:50 PM

May 2015
This show was pretty great. Teru might be tiny and meek when it comes to social situations, but she's definitely shown herself to have a burning passion to rescue those who need her help. I can't wait to see season 2 and all of the twists and turns that we will see!
Feb 25, 5:24 PM

Aug 2022
Surprised this season ended on such a lowkey note, shifting the focus back to Teru and Iko.

While I was personally fine with the finale, can't blame some folks who expected some high octane, action packed super heroic climax to end up being disappointed.

The end credits montage kind of caught me off guard, as I instantly got reminded of the last scene from Man of Steel.

-------------

This first season of Shy has definitely been an interesting experience for me. Partly because of the homages to comic book superheroes spread throughout the show, specifically its slant for DC comics. Shy herself feels like she shares certain traits/aspects that are mix of the two prominent depictions of Superman in live action movies. When the show has lowkey moments like helping a lost kid in a mall, it was reminiscent of those "saving a cat out of a tree" bits from Christopher Reeve's Superman. Scenes such as Teru feeling down, when she wonders about having to save everyone, her not smiling when in public as a superhero... it reminded me of Henry Cavill's Superman.

The series feels like a diamond in the rough. While not a masterpiece, it feels underrated with its current rating of 6.74.

The series with its blend of Western comic book references mixed in with magic girl show elements was a combination that barely got much attention outside of Japan. Airing in a very competitive Fall 2023 season might have prevented the series from reaching its target audience - the Western comic book superhero fans.

Luckily for the series, it managed to get enough attention in Japan for a second season to be greenlight. Which I'll definitely look forward to....

Overall, despite its shortcomings, I highly recommend comic book fans to at least give Shy a chance.
Mar 18, 12:28 PM

Mar 2013
Definitely a hidden gem through and through. It's quite romantic in a way.

Fan service... to yuri fans... please no... 😑
Honestly, there's really nothing going in that direction iirc, just saying.
Also, truthfully speaking, Teru having a friend to take care of her in her weakness is a wonderful thing to see, and she finally said Iko's name as proof that they're like the best of friends.
However, if the author ever decides to take it up a notch and pervert the hero genre... that would be saddening.
CrazyButNot4UMar 18, 12:41 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shy Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2023

37 by Gabu-sama »»
Yesterday, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Shy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2023

122 by Apreggi »»
Jul 22, 10:15 PM

» Doblado o subtitulado?

0k_Cxz - Jul 3

12 by Andric123 »»
Jul 17, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Shy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2023

56 by ByTaste27 »»
Jul 8, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Shy Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2023

42 by waldy713 »»
Jul 3, 11:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.