Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2023 2:26 AM

Jul 2017
The Fuwa Special Rescue Corps, where Shun is relocated to, he meets Daigo there as well. Being gruelled to actual firefighting duties like daily checking of equipment to ensure their functionality, there is no moment to waste, but Shun feels out of place, so Fire Sergeant Teppei Igarashi shows him the ropes, as well as Instructor Yamagami being once again, their Fire Chief.

The actual firefighting duties, as of this case in Ariwara Ward, is as real as it gets of a building being blasted from an explosion. As Shun looks onward that everyone is giving their all to find survivors in increasingly unstable blocks of concrete, all while maintaining standards. The case of the survivor being injured, but with the rebar slicing through his left arm, the Rescue Corps need to attack the rebar to drill it out of the way. As well as the floor constantly breaking, they need to be absolutely careful of each step they take, and Daigo does not take any chances to do the hard work and fit himself within the very tight confines...by dislocating his own arm.

What kind of sacrifice is this man, what's Daigo made out of?
Oct 21, 2023 3:03 AM
Sep 2015
The first real mission of Onoda is not what I expect, it went beyond my expectation!
My expectation: Large hot fire, flames everywhere, boiling temperature, smoke cover the whole area, oxygen mask required
What the anime offer: Fire under controlled but building nearly collapsed, one victim stuck under the rubble and his arm pierced with metal bar.
It's different kind of challenge, but still very high degree of difficulty and risk of fatality.

That's the advantage of basing the story on real occupation, whatever happen it always feels real because it's based on reality.
Oct 21, 2023 3:06 AM

Sep 2013
Episode flew by so fast, seeing the technology they use to save survivors was very interesting but man what an intense situation and what Daigo did at the end man you can feel the courage and dedications these people have.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 21, 2023 5:42 AM
Aug 2020
i really enoyed this episode, it was fantastic.

the job of the animation is really great.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 21, 2023 5:57 AM
May 2011
Moral of today's episode: Don't rush into a burning building. You never know what'll happen.
Oct 21, 2023 7:27 AM

Mar 2019
Damn, Daigo is a great shonen protagonist.👨‍🚒
Oct 21, 2023 8:59 AM

Mar 2012
That old man was very foolish, who the fuck run into a burning building just for soup!? He not only put his own life at risk but also that of those who would later come in to rescue him
Oct 21, 2023 1:43 PM

Nov 2012
Oh Jesus no! Not the soup!!! My God man save the 30 year old sauce! R u fucking kidding me? Soup and sauce. Man had a death wish. Leave him to die with his dad's sauce. Side note: This has ruined family owned restaurants for me.

Daigo should be psychological leave or at least be on forced couch sessions for dislocating his shoulder. Someone that gungho is a danger to himself and other rescue workers.
Oct 21, 2023 3:08 PM

Aug 2017
This episode is well done, very realistic, from the equipments to their movements.. The integrity of our mighty firefighters.

I hope this anime will gather more audience.

And yea moral of the story don't leave your house with the stove is on.

Oct 22, 2023 12:34 AM

Jan 2017
Kakkoiiiiiiinaaaaaa Daigo-samaaaaaaaaaa
Oct 22, 2023 1:28 PM
Aug 2015
They took care of the (way too long) recap' at the beginning, thanks !

And the shows start for good, yatta ! (^_^)
This one or Overtake is going to be the best show this season.
Oct 22, 2023 6:21 PM
Jan 2015
what an intense episode! Things got more and more complicated in unexpected ways
Oct 22, 2023 10:44 PM

Oct 2022
Damn was expecting Daigo to somehow contort himself but not dislocate his shoulder
Oct 23, 2023 5:45 PM

Sep 2021
Nice to see the tension back after last weeks weaker episode!

Shun being completly lost was pretty funny. And Daigo is just insane. I hope there will be more on his motivations soon!

The best part however, was once again how realistic the scene and rescue is.
Oct 25, 2023 10:35 AM
Jun 2022
it was ok but you dont dislocate shoulder for the rescute its a rist for you and the person that get rescute.
Oct 29, 2023 7:51 AM

Oct 2008
its the real deal true fire dispatch is truly terrifying and relentless!
5/5.

Oct 31, 2023 2:35 AM

Aug 2019
There’s no way they will allow him to dislocate his arm like that.
Jan 14, 9:35 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow, already one case for the firemen and it's already a very hardcore one with that explosion that.... destructed the whole building lol and Daigo even broke his shoulder to save that old man, let's say it's not a chill job so far xD
Mar 29, 3:33 AM
Dec 2022
A 30 year old sauce is worth risking one's life for? Plus what's the deal with Daigo risking his shoulder and limb literally. Still a great fast paced episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 23 Discussion

ropiel - Mar 23

29 by snowykevin »»
Jul 10, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 16 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 27

11 by ZonaMana »»
May 8, 9:45 PM

» Did this series do well in Japan + any chance of 2nd season?

Lylaaz - Apr 16

4 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 9 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 25, 2023

12 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 19 Discussion

CaptainKenshiro - Feb 24

19 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 14, 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.