Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2023 2:28 AM

Jul 2017
The blazing inferno simulation continues as Daigo, Shun and Yuki navigate their way into new scenarios of rescue, and the rescue operation of Code 252...while it did not go well with their improvisation deviating from the standard practice, is still commendable, and their Sergeant Yamagami acknowledged that fact to bear them no penalty. But a sudden earthquake tremor akin to a war, this is for real.

The Destined Three and the rest done with their rescue training, Yamagami comes to them with a smile on his face knowing that his lessons have been learnt to hell and back. Of course, being the only girl in the task force training, Shun missed his chance to take a picture with Yuki, and as Daigo bade farewell, they succeed in getting the spot and don the coveted orange jumpsuit, signifying that they are in the Special Rescue Ops. Apparently, Shun and Yuki had some history together as the former asked out the latter, and he got his orange before Yuki got hers.

The God of Rescue may hae favored Shun, but Daigo entered 6 months before he did, and now, both young men are reunited together to conduct more rescues.

Who will the God of Rescue smile upon?
Oct 14, 2023 2:52 AM

Sep 2013
Solid third episode, training part is over, we're getting to the real stuff next ep, i like the synergy between the three main characters, i was scared Nakamura would be annoying but she's pretty interesting, reminds me of Carter from Stargate SG1 kinda

current general rating is sad to see, myanimelist should not allow people to score shows until they're over or atleast with a couple episodes released, mal rating stopped making sense to me years ago which is a shame.
Deep dark fantasies
Oct 14, 2023 3:01 AM
Sep 2015
Oh, this mini-earthquake is actually a prelude, a warning, a sign, a Chekhov's gun to the giant earthquake in the first episode.

What a twist, Shun and Yuki actually met before, I totally didn't see this coming, but do they finally dating? To me, it's more like "it's complicated", or "more than friend but not a couple" kind of relationship, which is reasonable because they're also a rival in the same working industry. I bet there are many twist to be revealed in the future, like who's the firefighter in Yuki's wallpaper, could he be Daigo's father? I can't wait to find out!

Daigo get the job immediately after graduated, while Shun prefer to think that Daigo is favored by God of Rescue, I just think that Daigo is a simply beast, despite his sweetface and cute hair, he must be so hot that even fire can't stop him.

Interesting that we get to see a little bit of gender discrimination through Yuki's thought. I don't think it'll be fully resolved since I assume this is not a kind of anime that tackle social issue, but at least they accept that this issue is real.
Oct 14, 2023 4:14 AM
Aug 2020
this was another great episode,

the intro is over...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 14, 2023 4:29 AM
Jul 2023
Firefightin’ and Simpin’ hard for Yuki.
Oct 14, 2023 7:15 AM

Jan 2021
Great episode! I love Shun

I'm waiting for Asahina Daigo to show up in the future. I wonder if he is an important character in the story.
Oct 14, 2023 9:28 AM
Mar 2023
Alot of wonky shots this eps, even if I liked the content. That plus the long recaps makes me wonder about the production.
Oct 14, 2023 11:48 AM

Mar 2019
Nice episode.
I don't know why, but this episode reminded me of Firehouse Tales haha. đźš’

Oct 14, 2023 12:09 PM
May 2020
3 eps in and this is a big win if only Shun wasn't a dickhead.

And would like them to deal with the sexism more but at least they don't hide it.
Oct 14, 2023 2:05 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I knew Shun was going to get scolded for taking his mask off because in a real life rescue situation the firefighter's life comes first and he could have put his team at risk if one of them looses oxygen in critical moments. Plus they didn't have to go far to exit through the window on the second floor so there was no need to give the rescue dummy additional oxygen. This was a case of Shun panicking in the heat(no pun intended) of the moment which can lead stupid decisions.
Oct 14, 2023 3:17 PM

Jan 2021
With 24 eps confirmed, this looks like it'll be a fun ride, can't wait for the original Daigo to appear.
Oct 14, 2023 5:31 PM
Apr 2018
I feel like the animation quality dropped in this episode, but still was a good episode
Oct 14, 2023 10:10 PM

Jan 2017
Nakamura didn't get an orange uniform but she'll probably have it soon. But what's with the earthquake?
Oct 15, 2023 8:29 AM

Oct 2022
That earthquake scene had me chills, you know it's bad if its long enough for you to process that there's an earthquake and it fears you that the ground you're standing on can literally open up or the building next to you would collapse.
Oct 15, 2023 9:50 AM
Aug 2021
ropiel said:
Solid third episode, training part is over, we're getting to the real stuff next ep, i like the synergy between the three main characters, i was scared Nakamura would be annoying but she's pretty interesting, reminds me of Carter from Stargate SG1 kinda

current general rating is sad to see, myanimelist should not allow people to score shows until they're over or atleast with a couple episodes released, mal rating stopped making sense to me years ago which is a shame.

bro, you are writing facts! I agree with all that you say. For example, I'm a person who would like to score an anime until I've watched the 3 first episodes. This anime is pretty cool, I really enjoy what I'm watching at the momento, it's a little sad to see that bad score on the page. And what you said about the OP and ED theme ? They are marvellous.ñ! This anime deserves more score!
Oct 15, 2023 10:03 AM
Apr 2021
Still enjoy it, couldve lived without a romance.
Oct 15, 2023 1:48 PM
Aug 2021
Decent episode but took 5 minutes of a 24 minute run time before we got new content.
Oct 16, 2023 11:01 AM
May 2023
Can't wait to see more rescues like the one at the beginning of the first episode. Training arc was okay, but you already know the tension will be higher when lives are on the line and they're working their professional best.
Oct 16, 2023 10:46 PM

Sep 2021
3 Minutes of recap. Much better than 6, but I could do without it.

I still like the slow pacing, but it does drag a bit when not on missions. The extend of the earthquake was pretty cool though.

Overall, it was still a good episode though. I like how Nakamura got some development.
Oct 18, 2023 1:13 AM

Aug 2019
Imagine the guy accidentally dropping the person while climbing down the ladder.

Nakamura is extremely popular! They’re officially firefighters! Woah, Daigo has been there for six months.
Oct 18, 2023 1:13 PM

Feb 2021
25 episodes in total, not 24 as listed: https://twitter.com/SugoiBingus/status/1705143510104752445
Jan 14, 6:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They still love doing recaps uh... well anyway now that the training is over they start the job for real, which is going to be very interesting
Mar 29, 3:08 AM
Dec 2022
Why the 3 min recap on every start of the episode? Oh well, at least the rest of the episode is good to make one forgets about it. The duo of Shun and Daigo reunited in the same rescue squad. So where's that leave Nakamura.
Mar 29, 3:09 AM
Dec 2022
Reply to Memore
25 episodes in total, not 24 as listed: https://twitter.com/SugoiBingus/status/1705143510104752445
@Memore that is good. more episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 23 Discussion

ropiel - Mar 23

29 by snowykevin »»
Jul 10, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 16 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 27

11 by ZonaMana »»
May 8, 9:45 PM

» Did this series do well in Japan + any chance of 2nd season?

Lylaaz - Apr 16

4 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 9 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 25, 2023

12 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 19 Discussion

CaptainKenshiro - Feb 24

19 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 14, 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.