Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 11, 2023 8:07 AM

Dec 2016
As far as I understand it, we have two possible outcomes here.
The first is that Homura continues being the devil and destroys the universe and everything in it trying to protect Madoka.
The second one is that Madoka either talks Homura out of it or she defeats her. But in that case, the Incubators will restore the old order which includes magical girls dying miserable and becoming witches again on top of Madoka and her godlike powers being used by the Incubators.

I can't see how this is going to end well in any case. Furthermore, it is still not clear if Homuras actions are truly evil or not. So I don't know who to root for since there is not really anything good coming out regardless of the direction this movie is going to take.
Who are you guys rooting for? What route of these two are you preferring or do you have another option?
Sep 11, 2023 8:29 AM

May 2020
Been rooting for my profile pic eversince i know her backstory!!!

Im too biased since she is my favorite female character in anime eversince i finished the show years back!!!

I dont mind another tragedy happening between the 2!!!

I know it will be too much for me but thats what im in the series for!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Sep 11, 2023 8:36 AM

Dec 2018
Root for Homura’s happiness. She deserves that much

Sep 11, 2023 8:47 AM

Feb 2021
Both of them are in the complete wrong. You should want them to come to an understanding, without relying on the power of a wish.
elderonnSep 11, 2023 12:51 PM
Sep 11, 2023 11:19 AM

Jan 2021
Root for all magical girls especially the og Holy Quintets happiness it's all we can do.
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Sep 11, 2023 11:23 AM
Aug 2021
elderonn said:
Both of them are in the complete wrong. You should want them to come to an understanding, without replying on the power of a wish.

Oooh, I like that‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
Sep 11, 2023 1:01 PM

Dec 2014
I want a happy ending, all the girls deserve happiness, they have suffered enough and I want Homura to save everyone. My hype is unreal for this movie.

A satisfying ending is what we need that would wrap the series nicely
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2023 1:18 AM
Apr 2022
Root for peace so that they all can live in happiness.
Sep 12, 2023 6:27 PM
Sep 2019
you're supposed to root for homura
Sep 12, 2023 6:31 PM
Sep 2019
elderonn said:
Both of them are in the complete wrong. You should want them to come to an understanding, without relying on the power of a wish.

technically homura isn't relying on the power of a wish any more because she didn't make a wish to gain the dark orb, that's entirely due to her emotions from hundreds of resets reaching a breaking point and her quite literally breaking god apart.
Sep 12, 2023 8:01 PM

Feb 2021
JavvyF61 said:
elderonn said:

technically homura isn't relying on the power of a wish any more because she didn't make a wish to gain the dark orb, that's entirely due to her emotions from hundreds of resets reaching a breaking point and her quite literally breaking god apart.

Her wish was to “save madoka”. She does that.
Sep 12, 2023 8:14 PM
Sep 2019
elderonn said:
JavvyF61 said:

incorrect, her wish was to redo her meeting with madoka and to be strong enough that she would be the one protecting madoka, not the other way around.
Sep 12, 2023 8:58 PM

Feb 2021
JavvyF61 said:
elderonn said:

incorrect, her wish was to redo her meeting with madoka and to be strong enough that she would be the one protecting madoka, not the other way around.

Sounds like what she did at the end of rebellion in a way.
Sep 12, 2023 9:08 PM

Jan 2021
I obviously root for the one whose character wasn't ruined in the last 15 minutes of a movie with a trainwreck ending.
Sep 12, 2023 9:14 PM
Sep 2019
Ionliosite2 said:
I obviously root for the one whose character wasn't ruined in the last 15 minutes of a movie with a trainwreck ending.

which character are you talking about?
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Jan 2021
Reply to JavvyF61
Ionliosite2 said:

which character are you talking about?
@JavvyF61 Who do you think I am talking about?
Sep 12, 2023 9:31 PM
Apr 2020
Ionliosite2 said:

are you talking about Madoka?
Sep 12, 2023 9:44 PM
Sep 2019
Ionliosite2 said:

i genuinely have no clue
Sep 13, 2023 1:08 AM
Nov 2022
Root for Homeless from madoka magica.
Sep 13, 2023 9:11 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Sushi099
Ionliosite2 said:

Sushi099 said:

JavvyF61 said:
i genuinely have no clue

The one that was ruined was Homura, so of course root for Madoka.
Sep 13, 2023 2:47 PM
Sep 2019
Ionliosite2 said:
Sushi099 said:

JavvyF61 said:
i genuinely have no clue

how was homura ruined lmao
Sep 14, 2023 5:10 PM
Aug 2022
JavvyF61 said:
Ionliosite2 said:

Extremely dumb people that somehow watched the entire anime find it out of character for Homura to be obsessed enough with Madoka that she would damn the entirety of magical girls all so she could be in control and have Madoka at her side, safe. Like….when I hear this I think are we talking about the same character??
Sep 14, 2023 5:13 PM
Sep 2019
Jordeen said:
JavvyF61 said:

Extremely dumb people that somehow watched the entire anime find it out of character for Homura to be obsessed enough with Madoka that she would damn the entirety of magical girls all so she could be in control and have Madoka at her side, safe. Like….when I hear this I think are we talking about the same character??

i mean i wouldn't even say that homura damned all magical girls, seeing as all she did was tear off madoka and a few others from the law of cycles. we have yet to actually see the repercussions of that beyond sayaka hating homura as usual.
Sep 14, 2023 5:16 PM
Aug 2022
JavvyF61 said:
Jordeen said:

i mean i wouldn't even say that homura damned all magical girls, seeing as all she did was tear off madoka and a few others from the law of cycles. we have yet to actually see the repercussions of that beyond sayaka hating homura as usual.

I mean in the sense that since she doesn’t really care for all these thousands maybe millions of magical girls throughout the ages that it’s possible that they’re just stuck with the original horrific system the incubators set up, but also we don’t know a whole lot about her new world order.

Regardless though, yeah for some reason some people really thought what Homura did made no sense rather than it being the logical next step of her character arc. Given how Madoka is her purpose and she’d do anything to have her to herself as well as keep her away from the lonely faith of being a concept that watches over magical girls for eternity.
Sep 14, 2023 5:22 PM
Sep 2019
Jordeen said:
JavvyF61 said:

I mean in the sense that since she doesn’t really care for all these thousands maybe millions of magical girls throughout the ages that it’s possible that they’re just stuck with the original horrific system the incubators set up, but also we don’t know a whole lot about her new world order.

Regardless though, yeah for some reason some people really thought what Homura did made no sense rather than it being the logical next step of her character arc. Given how Madoka is her purpose and she’d do anything to have her to herself as well as keep her away from the lonely faith of being a concept that watches over magical girls for eternity.

i wouldn't necessarily say homura doesn't care for them, but the fact she cares for madoka so much means that to some extent she would want to at least preserve the law of cycles to some degree. to quote the script
Sayaka:
Hey! Do you have any idea what you've done?
Homura:
I do. But, if you like to share your thoughts, please, enlighten me.
Sayaka:
Okay. You broke off a piece of the Law of Cycles.
It's the only salvation us magical girls had!
Homura:
I've only took a tiny sliver of it. That's all.
The piece that used to be Madoka, before she ceased to exist.
For some reason, you're all pulled in with her. And now, you can't return to where you came from either.

and yeah, people thinking it's out of pocket for homura to do a homura after remembering literally everything she's experienced all at once after escaping her labyrinth is really weird.
Nov 8, 2023 2:14 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I will root for more suffering.

What Homura did was in the wrong, but I loved her all more for it, and after Rebellion's ending I was left very conflicted and loving the inner conflict it plants on the viewer.
I honestly dunno what kind of outcome I want from this, and having zero expectations towards the direction this will take are for the best.

Urobutcher is writing for this again when I thought he was done with it, that is reassuring...

What I want from this movie is to further see exposed Homura's feelings to Madoka, and have them go at it without holding back, if that means that Homura becomes the villain and even gets a fucked ending, like dying or something worst... I might be fine with it, AS LONG as this movie takes the conflict it created from the genius outcome of Rebellion, and paints the earth and sky RED with it.

An happy ending is unlikely and I dont think I want one either, maybe it could work, but that was never this series's style.
From this series I only want it to be above my expectations and twist that knife further, make feel me genuine emotion, and make me despair, while also loving every single second.
PlaycoolNov 8, 2023 2:17 PM
Nov 26, 2023 7:45 AM

Aug 2020
Talk no jutsu is always the most touching outcome.

I am rooting for no release delays.

Nov 30, 2023 8:13 AM
May 2022
I'll be rooting for the Holy Quintet's happiness
Mar 10, 3:38 PM
Oct 2019
Do we have confirmation that this film will conclude the anime ?
May 10, 2:13 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to JaysonNnN
Do we have confirmation that this film will conclude the anime ?
@JaysonNnN I'm sure people are assuming it'll be the conclusion since it's been delayed for so long and Rebellion kinda seemed to be a setup for a final arc (at least to me). I really hope this movie will be another gut punch but also tie up everything together but if it ends on another cliffhanger and they announce another part, I guess we'll get to see in another decade.
May 10, 2:17 AM

May 2020
Depends on what creator want, if this comes out and the author want to make another sequel, i think they will leave cliffhanger ending as a sign of the sequel. I did really enjoy the last show, just done it today. Hope they will make another good one again. Root for Homura or Madoka, i should stand for the peace of them both and happily ever after.
May 10, 9:05 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to DamianV8501
@JaysonNnN I'm sure people are assuming it'll be the conclusion since it's been delayed for so long and Rebellion kinda seemed to be a setup for a final arc (at least to me). I really hope this movie will be another gut punch but also tie up everything together but if it ends on another cliffhanger and they announce another part, I guess we'll get to see in another decade.
@DamianV8501 Okok so we wait and see.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think this sequel is needed? ( 1 2 )

NextUniverse - May 11, 2021

70 by Dante012 »»
9 hours ago

» Thoughts on the visual? (Rebellion spoilers)

llovespell - Yesterday

5 by llovespell »»
9 hours ago

» Does Shaft still has it in it to do this movie right?

kronopy - Sep 11, 2023

29 by salarx »»
May 26, 2:22 AM

» if this got the yuri on ice movie treatment

lukassu - Apr 19

11 by thereIwasnt »»
May 25, 10:15 PM

» New PV and Winter 2024

Dbagas8 - Sep 10, 2023

24 by Playcool »»
Apr 13, 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.