Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 31, 2023 4:54 AM

Jul 2021
Sylpheline said:

Well nobody said the reverse i just said its probably easy to ship if you're yuri minded which dont imply that its yuri in canon, in fact its not, it just wouldnt need a lot of effort to put it into this territoritory if they had wish as it was pretty heavy in womance already. And the person who replied to me said they wished it to be a yuri romance at first due probably to some pictures that get you this impression as a possibility and then passing their upset that it wasnt learned to love it at what it was. That's all. That being said glad you loved it to, its wonderful as it is anyway but while we're at it do you happen to know if its classified shojo/seinen/josei whatever?

Well good, I don't want shippers to ruin the show, I recently found out that half the yuri anime ever are just friends...
And technically anime originals don't get labelled, so it's whatever you feel like it should be.
Jul 31, 2023 12:19 PM

Apr 2023
I’m back and here’s another idea I have: we could create fanfictions of shoujo manga or create our own with original stories and characters! I have a oc that would be good shoujo mc
Minna Tomodachi, Minna Aidoru~!- Laala Manaka
Jul 31, 2023 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Yes_Darling_XO said:
I would like more assertive girls that say what they mean. I am tired of the timid afraid to have an opinion types.
I am also bored of wholesome. Never really want to see that again.

Have you watched Shirayuki-hime? She was such a joy to watch. She's smart, ressourceful and strongwilled / outspoken. The story and romance were a bit generic maybe, but still quite good and enjoyable.
Maybe too wholesome for you, but the heroine is really good.

Another one like that was Romeo x Juliet and I have lot of nostalgic feelings for that one too xD
Jul 31, 2023 12:46 PM
Jul 2018
Risa92 said:
Yes_Darling_XO said:
I would like more assertive girls that say what they mean. I am tired of the timid afraid to have an opinion types.
I am also bored of wholesome. Never really want to see that again.

Have you watched Shirayuki-hime? She was such a joy to watch. She's smart, ressourceful and strongwilled / outspoken. The story and romance were a bit generic maybe, but still quite good and enjoyable.

Ohhh I will check it when I get home.
I truly believe that Masaki from Maid Sama is my anime spirit soul
Jul 31, 2023 12:54 PM
Jul 2018
Yes_Darling_XO said:
Risa92 said:

Uh I didn't like Masaki at all and dropped the anime because of her. ^^'
Her man hating attitude was quite annoying and it was explained but still, thought she was just abusive.

But I'm curious what you will think about Shirayuki when you have time to look into it.
I edited after that but: Romeo x Juliet hit the same spot too although not officially labeled as shoujo, because it's an original. Forget the "source: book" on MAL, it's a very, very lose adaptation lol.
Jul 31, 2023 1:04 PM

Apr 2022
JaniSIr said:
Sylpheline said:

Well nobody said the reverse i just said its probably easy to ship if you're yuri minded which dont imply that its yuri in canon, in fact its not, it just wouldnt need a lot of effort to put it into this territoritory if they had wish as it was pretty heavy in womance already. And the person who replied to me said they wished it to be a yuri romance at first due probably to some pictures that get you this impression as a possibility and then passing their upset that it wasnt learned to love it at what it was. That's all. That being said glad you loved it to, its wonderful as it is anyway but while we're at it do you happen to know if its classified shojo/seinen/josei whatever?

Well good, I don't want shippers to ruin the show, I recently found out that half the yuri anime ever are just friends...
And technically anime originals don't get labelled, so it's whatever you feel like it should be.

I dont really see how the fact some people ship stuff would ruin a show and what do you mean either a anime is actually yuri or it isnt...do you mean the most popular yuri ships arent canon? That's it? If so well probably its because its comes from the most popular animes which tends to not have explicit couples and even be not that demonstrative with straight couples so that's not too surprising that people invented yuri ship over what they thinked as subtext if they wanted to. They arent harming any one or the original content doing that. Especially if they dont even claim it as canon i really dont see what get you so upset about people shipping in fanfiction of whatever popular show they ship.

Anyway, I didnt know it was an anime original, i wondered why its manga was nowhere but yeah make sense now thanks i know anime originals arent classified (more proof that this classification system is bullshit to begin with i would argue)...knowing this i'm quite happy that Aquatope isnt classified as anything. People get to try it with less preconcieved ideas. The whole reason i'm so into that discussion in the first place is that they are shows with the same quality and potentially wide audience that got not tried by many who could enjoy them indeed and wont try because of their dread of the shojo label and i find it sad. I so wish one day manga wouldnt get that labels so people try any more freely. After all western comics never has them and people dont feel like they need it to get curious about their content. I see you've tried so that's cool.

Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) - Forum Signature by craftyaegis on DeviantArt

Jul 31, 2023 1:10 PM

Apr 2022
Risa92 said:
Yes_Darling_XO said:

Her man hating attitude was quite annoying and it was explained but still, thought she was just abusive.

But I'm curious what you will think about Shirayuki when you have time to look into it.
I edited after that but: Romeo x Juliet hit the same spot too although not officially labeled as shoujo, because it's an original. Forget the "source: book" on MAL, it's a very, very lose adaptation lol.

I second the fact that Shirayuki is definitively the kind of shojo heroine we need more of. Also if i remember Nana well Hachi was very into the classic shojo heroine mode stereotype but Nana Osaki was quite the bold punk rocker with a hard style who spoke quite frankly, also since Utena was refered to earlier she quite feel the assertive shojo heroine mold too, well if people The Rose of Versailles, Lady Oscar was quite that style too...its a pretty long and old tradition of such kind of shojo heroine indeed that just somehow one day got replaced by shy girl who dont know what she wants as usual female lead...i wonder why?

Jul 31, 2023 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Risa92 said:
Yes_Darling_XO said:

I read Maid Sama before I watched it. I watched it thinking about their power exchange, he suffered for her strengths and stood firm for her weaknesses. Usi is the perfect guy.

But I watch almost everything, ignoring the female characters to some degree. It’s so mind-boggling to me when they actually do or say something that I can relate to.
Jul 31, 2023 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Sylpheline said:
JaniSIr said:

I dont really see how the fact some people ship stuff would ruin a show and what do you mean either a anime is actually yuri or it isnt...do you mean the most popular yuri ships arent canon? That's it? If so well probably its because its comes from the most popular animes which tends to not have explicit couples and even be not that demonstrative with straight couples so that's not too surprising that people invented yuri ship over what they thinked as subtext if they wanted to. They arent harming any one or the original content doing that. Especially if they dont even claim it as canon i really dont see what get you so upset about people shipping in fanfiction of whatever popular show they ship.

Anyway, I didnt know it was an anime original, i wondered why its manga was nowhere but yeah make sense now thanks i know anime originals arent classified (more proof that this classification system is bullshit to begin with i would argue)...knowing this i'm quite happy that Aquatope isnt classified as anything. People get to try it with less preconcieved ideas. The whole reason i'm so into that discussion in the first place is that they are shows with the same quality and potentially wide audience that got not tried by many who could enjoy them indeed and wont try because of their dread of the shojo label and i find it sad. I so wish one day manga wouldnt get that labels so people try any more freely. After all western comics never has them and people dont feel like they need it to get curious about their content. I see you've tried so that's cool.

I think it's funny when people get so upset about people's ship or reading something as queercoded, because you know, they almost never get upset about straight ships that aren't canon.
"I could say Roy x Riza were hinted and I really ship that" and most people wouldn't be so worked up about it, although it's not canon either.

Also if people let them get something they wanted to like ruined by other random people on the internet, it's their own fault. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sylpheline said:
Risa92 said:

I second the fact that Shirayuki is definitively the kind of shojo heroine we need more of. Also if i remember Nana well Hachi was very into the classic shojo heroine mode stereotype but Nana Osaki was quite the bold punk rocker with a hard style who spoke quite frankly, also since Utena was refered to earlier she quite feel the assertive shojo heroine mold too, well if people The Rose of Versailles, Lady Oscar was quite that style too...its a pretty long and old tradition of such kind of shojo heroine indeed that just somehow one day got replaced by shy girl who dont know what she wants as usual female lead...i wonder why?

For the same reason lot of harems, ecchis, isekais etc have male protagonists without a real personality. They play safe and think the average teenage audience can identify themselves with these protagonists.

I don't even mind more calm or introverted characters, they juat need to have an actual personality.
In Nana I like Osaki more than Hachi too, but Hachi still has more personality than lot of other typical shoujo girls.

Yes_Darling_XO said:
Risa92 said:

I read Maid Sama before I watched it. I watched it thinking about their power exchange, he suffered for her strengths and stood firm for her weaknesses. Usi is the perfect guy.

But I watch almost everything, ignoring the female characters to some degree. It’s so mind-boggling to me when they actually do or say something that I can relate to.

Nah I disagree again, if you mean female characters in all anime. There are a lot of great female characters.
Jul 31, 2023 2:36 PM

Jul 2021
Sylpheline said:
JaniSIr said:

Well, they do grossly misrepresent the anime, giving recommendations for all the wrong reasons. Like I Google "yuri anime" and most of the list is total nonsense...

And while those classifications are frequently inaccurate, they can be rather descriptive. Like Spy x Family being tagged shounen very well sets up the kind of humour it has. And like come on, it's pretty easy to tell a girly anime apart even if it's not tagged shoujo.
Aug 1, 2023 2:17 AM

Apr 2022
JaniSIr said:
Sylpheline said:

Well, they do grossly misrepresent the anime, giving recommendations for all the wrong reasons. Like I Google "yuri anime" and most of the list is total nonsense...

And while those classifications are frequently inaccurate, they can be rather descriptive. Like Spy x Family being tagged shounen very well sets up the kind of humour it has. And like come on, it's pretty easy to tell a girly anime apart even if it's not tagged shoujo.

I dont know enough of the anime you get when googling yuri anime to know if most of the list makes sense or not but i know that what i have first do have some actual yuri titles like Maria Sama Ga Miteru, Bloom Into You, Maria Holic, Citrus or Strawberry Panic so at least the first link i had seemed to got half the list right. I guess its depend of the seriousness of the website you're in the quality of their classification. Also i dont know about yuri websites because i go to them far less but in the yaoi websites they often quote as yaoi shows that technically arent so in canon but are pretty popular among yaoi fangirls because shipping them is easy like Gundam Wing for an example maybe that's the kind of thing such website do with the yuri anime that arent one you see in them. Is that it?

Quite frankly they are lots of cute or romantic shonen that i could have believe was shojo at first and the idea that's every cute and romantic stuff is a shojo and all the other things arent is why every shojo that got out of classic formula is getting the "but is it really a shojo?" treatment all the time so i'm not that sure they are obvious categories besides...either these categories makes no sense for a peculiar title or they are quite obvious for another...i mean Nana, Candy Candy or Sailor Moon will probably not be indeed mistaken as being marketed mainly for boys by anyone anytime soon even if the notion of shojo didnt exist. Proof being they were quite popular in my country France before most of their public learned that shonen/shojo category thing and yes obviously more girls than boys were into it for pretty obvious reasons but yes especially talking Sailor Moon indeed way more guys were open to try it and like it in the previous generations here before it was shojo labeled and the manga public knew it was intended for being "for girls"...way less young people dare try it...and as many older guys enjoyed it i really think in this peculiar title case its the label that got the youngers one wary. Like at first they import japanese vocabulary to feel like they were better weaboos for knowing it and then it just end up with people stupidly limit themselves.

Aug 1, 2023 2:30 AM

Apr 2022
Risa92 said:
Sylpheline said:

I think it's funny when people get so upset about people's ship or reading something as queercoded, because you know, they almost never get upset about straight ships that aren't canon.
"I could say Roy x Riza were hinted and I really ship that" and most people wouldn't be so worked up about it, although it's not canon either.

Also if people let them get something they wanted to like ruined by other random people on the internet, it's their own fault. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Sylpheline said:

For the same reason lot of harems, ecchis, isekais etc have male protagonists without a real personality. They play safe and think the average teenage audience can identify themselves with these protagonists.

I don't even mind more calm or introverted characters, they juat need to have an actual personality.
In Nana I like Osaki more than Hachi too, but Hachi still has more personality than lot of other typical shoujo girls.

Yes_Darling_XO said:

Nah I disagree again, if you mean female characters in all anime. There are a lot of great female characters.

Well...yes i guess so but i got fed up of the lead has zero personnality because audience folder formula. And yes its boring in male audience targeted shows also...i mean some shows it makes sens part of Mirai Nikki's fun is the ship between a yandere girl and a living human carpet guy but in many leads with actual characterization would really help shows getting less average. But yeah its indeed a anime and manga issue in general not just a shojo issue.

Well being relatively introverted and calm in my real life also (but more in Sheska from FMA way than Hachi) i dont hate characters that have a personality close to mine lol...but being calm and introverted dont mean you dont know how to stand for yourself if needed. The kind of shojo female lead we're annoyed by arent just shy girls they are like you said devoid of personality and living tropes that's what's annoying with them. And yes i know Hachi is a actual character and as annoying as she is sometimes she can be touching too and have real character developement which makes the whole story of both Nana friendship works...i didnt meant to hate on her just that she does check well more "typical shojo female lead character of which kind we've seen thousand others before" than Nana Osaki who did break the mold more that's all. A bit like Tohru in Fruits Basket is in a lot of ways checking said boxes of typical shojo heroine (tought yeah like Hachi more well rounded than the truly stereotypical ones) but its helped by the fact her friends, her mother and the Soma girls are way more diverse in characters. Just sad its usually the secondary ones who break the mold and have more variety.

Aug 1, 2023 2:35 AM

Mar 2023
I think Because Shojo Anime Family Watching
Aug 1, 2023 6:01 AM

Apr 2023
Piromysl said:
I really like this overused and generic shoujo formula, that is not as common as it used to be, which is timid girl meets popular boi.
My Happy Marriage is literally this, is currently airing an and easy AOTS for me.

Hey I love this trope too! Can I tell you my favorite tropes too?
AngelMilky_15Aug 1, 2023 12:24 PM
Aug 1, 2023 7:22 AM

Jul 2021
Sylpheline said:
Maria Holic

See, that's like already an anime where the protagonist is a guy dressing as a girl to go to school for some reason. (I didn't watch it.)

Sylpheline said:
Like at first they import japanese vocabulary to feel like they were better weaboos for knowing it and then it just end up with people stupidly limit themselves.

Or smartly limit themselves. It's important to quickly discard shows you decide to watch before wasting a bunch of time burning yourself out on garbage.
Like one important thing I check for is the age of characters. Shoujo and shounen tags are also frequent deal breakers.
Aug 1, 2023 10:32 AM

Apr 2022
JaniSIr said:
Sylpheline said:
Maria Holic

See, that's like already an anime where the protagonist is a guy dressing as a girl to go to school for some reason. (I didn't watch it.)

Sylpheline said:
Like at first they import japanese vocabulary to feel like they were better weaboos for knowing it and then it just end up with people stupidly limit themselves.

Or smartly limit themselves. It's important to quickly discard shows you decide to watch before wasting a bunch of time burning yourself out on garbage.
Like one important thing I check for is the age of characters. Shoujo and shounen tags are also frequent deal breakers.

Well technically yes but Maria Holic whole comedy premise is that this guy is a evil trickster who use the crush a lesbian unknowing who they really are has on him as girl to bully her using he knows she is a lesbian to do so because if she do not do everything he wants he will tell her secret that she is a lesbian so yes its a yuri, i've seen the beginning but it bored me fast out of repititiveness of the gags but indeed the main female lead is a lesbian and there no real couple but she try and fail date a lot of girls during the story and is having pretty heavy imagination of lesbian fantasies that are the basis of lot of the gags...in fact she is kind of a classic ecchi anime male lead protag but lesbian version in a way. Not the most politically correct stuff around for sure but quite definitively a yuri comedy therefore. Maria the crossdressing guy isnt the protagonist its Kanako this lesbian tough yes he is the second lead and focus of lot of the action especially as one of the recurring joke is Kanako's phobia of men she claims to be allergic to which he way too much sadisticly profits off loving to scare her. Also lot of people considers it a parody of classic yuri anime tropes. That's why this peculiar title is considered yuri even if there no real couple its more of purely a comedy approach. It's weird but the opening slaps and was the main reason i give it a try not knowing anything about the content initially it was on a anime opening list i did a karaoke of and its got me curious...therefore its the first anime of the yuri type i've ever tried. Well...i wouldnt recommend it for LGBT representation as the one it has is pretty questionable to say the least but to fans of japanese art of twisted comedy with weird humor its probably something to look at that can please them i guess. It was just too wtf for me.

Well if your decide on reading only some stuff because you know its your jam. Like said you only want seinen because you know stuff for younger people bores you as an adult its ok its more about people who are knew to this stuff trying everything to discover their own taste in the Sailor Moon example some of this people limit themselves of something they would enjoy if they tried thats what's stupid in it to me not having your own tastes.

Aug 1, 2023 11:00 AM

Jul 2021
Sylpheline said:
JaniSIr said:

Well technically yes but Maria Holic whole comedy premise is that this guy is a evil trickster who use the crush a lesbian unknowing who they really are has on him as girl to bully her using he knows she is a lesbian to do so because if she do not do everything he wants he will tell her secret that she is a lesbian so yes its a yuri, i've seen the beginning but it bored me fast out of repititiveness of the gags but indeed the main female lead is a lesbian and there no real couple but she try and fail date a lot of girls during the story and is having pretty heavy imagination of lesbian fantasies that are the basis of lot of the gags...in fact she is kind of a classic ecchi anime male lead protag but lesbian version in a way. Not the most politically correct stuff around for sure but quite definitively a yuri comedy therefore. Maria the crossdressing guy isnt the protagonist its Kanako this lesbian tough yes he is the second lead and focus of lot of the action especially as one of the recurring joke is Kanako's phobia of men she claims to be allergic to which he way too much sadisticly profits off loving to scare her. Also lot of people considers it a parody of classic yuri anime tropes. That's why this peculiar title is considered yuri even if there no real couple its more of purely a comedy approach. It's weird but the opening slaps and was the main reason i give it a try not knowing anything about the content initially it was on a anime opening list i did a karaoke of and its got me curious...therefore its the first anime of the yuri type i've ever tried. Well...i wouldnt recommend it for LGBT representation as the one it has is pretty questionable to say the least but to fans of japanese art of twisted comedy with weird humor its probably something to look at that can please them i guess. It was just too wtf for me.

Well if your decide on reading only some stuff because you know its your jam. Like said you only want seinen because you know stuff for younger people bores you as an adult its ok its more about people who are knew to this stuff trying everything to discover their own taste in the Sailor Moon example some of this people limit themselves of something they would enjoy if they tried thats what's stupid in it to me not having your own tastes.

Ok, I guess I'll let that slide as a borderline.
But then like Noir being merely described as a mere yuri, instead of the artsy fartsy masterpiece that it is, is just kind of offensive.
Also you should not look for representation in anime, it's a different culture from the western one.

Josei can be fine too.
And new people will just get bombarded with popular stuff... Like FMAB has been recommended to me so many times, but battle shounen is like the exact genre that made me avoid anime for so long.
Aug 1, 2023 11:37 AM

Apr 2022
JaniSIr said:
Sylpheline said:

Ok, I guess I'll let that slide as a borderline.
But then like Noir being merely described as a mere yuri, instead of the artsy fartsy masterpiece that it is, is just kind of offensive.
Also you should not look for representation in anime, it's a different culture from the western one.

Josei can be fine too.
And new people will just get bombarded with popular stuff... Like FMAB has been recommended to me so many times, but battle shounen is like the exact genre that made me avoid anime for so long.

Well...i dont really care about representation all that much personnally but it was in case someone sensitive to such topics whg care would read the resume i just did and considers trying it...its probably something some lesbians friend could laugh at but as its use a lot of tropes some would easily find offensive i wouldnt recommend it to everyone, its need a lot of second degree (is it how its said in english too?) with humor to be appreciated at what it was by people who it touch that why i warned over it. That said i'm not that sure one cant find representation in anime at least i know i find lot of anime characters more relatable than most i find in western stuff for some reason so i guess people who care about representation could find anime characters they relate to. I've never seen Noir so i cant judge if calling it yuri has sense or not. Anyway...whats make it a masterpiece anime in your opinion (i literaly knows nothing about it yet).

Well if you know some josei you like dont hesitate recs here. Most older shojo fans would probably love more mature shojo to try.

Yes new people are going to know of popular new stuff first its pretty obvious. I started with Pokemon and then some very popular titles like FMA (older version) indeed, i personnally liked it as most people coming into anime do but yes indeed that tends to hide the variety of anime and manga they are and the ones which could fit better other tastes than those of shonen battle fans. I think the whole attempt of this thread initially was to show one part of the diversity it tends to overshadows. And yes that includes seinen too...they are also unfairly hidden by the mass of battle shonen which could be a issue if you like that more that the titles full of energetic teenagers battling for the hope of becoming the best something with a hype name but i feel like they are still respected more like "author stuff, adult stuff"...kind of like artisitic western comics whereas most people think of shojo/josei as "girly shit" unfairly that's why i have personnally more at heart to get it known better beside cliche by more people but yeah in a ideal world the logic this topic as with shojo would probably in my eyes need to be applied with same energy by fans to seinen, josei, yaoi, yuri, stuff even less well known so that each manga of niche could find its public and people realize how varied this media is.

Aug 1, 2023 3:15 PM

Jul 2021
Sylpheline said:
I've never seen Noir so i cant judge if calling it yuri has sense or not. Anyway...whats make it a masterpiece anime in your opinion (i literaly knows nothing about it yet)

Well, you've got some girls with guns, and a conspiracy plot line. But what really sells it is the presentation, it's fully hand drawn, and you could use almost any frame as a wallpaper, if you are still using a 4:3 monitor. It has a Yuki Kajiura ost, that's a banger. And it's the slowest paced anime I have ever watched by a long shot. The latter might be an issue for you, but I adored it.

Sylpheline said:
Well if you know some josei you like dont hesitate recs here. Most older shojo fans would probably love more mature shojo to try.

Josei anime kind of doesn't really exist.
I got some manwha though.
https://myanimelist.net/manga/140921/Positively_Yours

Sylpheline said:
Yes new people are going to know of popular new stuff first its pretty obvious

But I would argue most popular shows are pretty bad...
Sylpheline said:
"girly shit"

That's a good descriptor.
Ironically enough it has better male characters, because they aren't meant to be loser self inserts...

Edit : actually there's this one that's recent and most people missed :
https://myanimelist.net/anime/50590/Koukyuu_no_Karasu
I was hoping it's smut, but the title was misleading.
Aug 2, 2023 6:41 AM

Dec 2019
Both shounen and shoujo anime have issues for me, but for shoujo anime in particular, make it less overdramatic and less forced drama-wise. Main reason why Fruits Basket sucked so hard for me and why I don't crave for shows like that to get adapted. I'm fine with the more lighter, comedic shoujo series. Need an adaptation of wake up, sleeping beauty.
Aug 2, 2023 9:01 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
AngelMilky_15 said:
Piromysl said:
I really like this overused and generic shoujo formula, that is not as common as it used to be, which is timid girl meets popular boi.
My Happy Marriage is literally this, is currently airing an and easy AOTS for me.

Please do, feel free to mention your favorite tropes! Maybe we could talk about which ones we like and should probably be in more shoujo anime.
Aug 2, 2023 11:31 PM

Feb 2018
Once Colette wa Shinu Koto ni Shita gets an anime I'll be able to rest in peace.

There is so many shoujo mangas that deserve an anime, and I'm sure if they got one it would go well... :(

Aug 9, 2023 9:29 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
MrRogersWife said:
We need more feline-friendly companions in our shoujo! (Admittedly, non-shoujo would also be better with more cats).
Honestly, I agree, Mister Rogers's Wife!
I'm surprised that there isn't a shoujo version of Chi's Sweet Home yet.

Have you heard of Yuzu the Pet Vet? I think you would love this shoujo manga even more than I ever could.

Aug 10, 2023 12:13 AM

Apr 2022
Fario-P said:
AngelMilky_15 said:

Please do, feel free to mention your favorite tropes! Maybe we could talk about which ones we like and should probably be in more shoujo anime.

I can play too? My favorite shojo trope...well i would say reverse harem tough i like it only when who she will choose is not obvious at first (sadly i doubt any will end up polyamory as shojo seem pretty attached to the two soulmates for life trope). Maybe its because i'm old and no young naive girl anymore but i would really like more shojo heroines that have sexual experiences, that dont fell for the first one they heart go boom boom for, that cheat, that have been cheated and have exes, that act like they have a clue on how real men are like apart their ideal men fantasy, that have a showed sexual life and peculiar as in personal desires in that ground all that kind of stuff...well shojo heroines that for once dont seem to be in middle school first age class when it comes to love and sex and have more variety and realism than going as close as they can to the Disney movie-like love road again and again.

Well if the favorite shojo trope thing end up with more answers to not cloud topic as its a separate question i think it might worth its own separate thread.

Aug 10, 2023 12:02 PM

Apr 2023
Fario-P said:
AngelMilky_15 said:

Sure! My favorite trope in shoujo is sweet girl x sarcastic (or cool) boy.
I also like it if both are sweet! Such a vanilla person I am ^_^
AngelMilky_15Aug 15, 2023 9:34 AM
Aug 15, 2023 8:31 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
AngelMilky_15 said:
Fario-P said:

Hey, nothing wrong with that, I'd imagine people would find my taste in shoujo kinda vanilla too anyway.

Though it'd be cool if love interests weren't as obvious like @Sylpheline suggested. Hey Slyph, if you think that this is worth a seperate thread, I'd say go for it and make it!! :D
Aug 15, 2023 8:38 PM
May 2022
How to make it better? Simple... BY HAVING MORE OF IT!  XD
BEASTARS Season 3 will be the best anime ever :)
Aug 15, 2023 9:22 PM

Jul 2021
it's literally the best type of anime. it has romance, it has female protagonist, it has slice of life, it has drama, it has emotions, it has beautiful backstories and world. i blame the kids these days who only want to watch flashy fights.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 16, 2023 12:16 AM

Apr 2022
Fario-P said:
AngelMilky_15 said:

Hey, nothing wrong with that, I'd imagine people would find my taste in shoujo kinda vanilla too anyway.

Though it'd be cool if love interests weren't as obvious like @Sylpheline suggested. Hey Slyph, if you think that this is worth a seperate thread, I'd say go for it and make it!! :D

To each their own i guess, that other people like vanilla is totally ok with me. That said shojo or not i'm not a vanilla person i love BDSM too much for that and cant imagine myself with a guy who isnt a sub but i guess its more fitting a theme within josei than shojo unless taking into a very light angle anyway and wouldnt like it written by people who dont know it from inside...outsiders of its scene writing BDSM usually mess up the subject out of not enough documentation and end up writing something that has nothing to do with what its actually is. That said yes i'm going to be pretty busy and often offline very soon so not before this week end or even next week but i'm totally ok making a "what is your favorite shojo trope" thread when coming back here.

Aug 25, 2023 10:24 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Sylpheline said:
That said yes i'm going to be pretty busy and often offline very soon so not before this week end or even next week but i'm totally ok making a "what is your favorite shojo trope" thread when coming back here.
I'm glad you ended up making it after all! It's fun to talk about things that I thought only I seemed to care about around here.
Aug 26, 2023 12:09 AM

Apr 2022
Fario-P said:
Sylpheline said:
That said yes i'm going to be pretty busy and often offline very soon so not before this week end or even next week but i'm totally ok making a "what is your favorite shojo trope" thread when coming back here.
I'm glad you ended up making it after all! It's fun to talk about things that I thought only I seemed to care about around here.

Cool. Obviously many seems to enjoy this topic in fact. Maybe its because its relaxed and not "shojo cause activist" in approach but i only received answers positive ones in it as for now, So maybe its the way to get people showing their interest in shojo stuff freely here casual shojo topics chat?

Aug 26, 2023 1:21 PM
Jul 2018
Perhaps not many know about it, but Patalliro is described as the "One Piece of shojo". 
Aside from its length, with manga going on since the late 70s and currently on volume 104, it is one of the best selling shojo manga.

Author is one of the few male shojo authors btw
Now I do not know if industry is ready for a 1000 or even 300 episode shoujo adaptation.

Sep 1, 2023 10:25 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Reply to Sylpheline
Fario-P said:
Sylpheline said:

Cool. Obviously many seems to enjoy this topic in fact. Maybe its because its relaxed and not "shojo cause activist" in approach but i only received answers positive ones in it as for now, So maybe its the way to get people showing their interest in shojo stuff freely here casual shojo topics chat?
I figured about as much, but ranty clickbait titles seem to work on this site since most don't care to read whatever I actually write.

I suppose you could consider these copypasta text threads a bit of an experiment haha.
Nov 9, 2023 4:36 PM

Feb 2016
After reading a good horror manga, I would like to see more horror licensed.
その目だれの目?
Nov 12, 2023 12:05 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Fario-P
I figured about as much, but ranty clickbait titles seem to work on this site since most don't care to read whatever I actually write.

I suppose you could consider these copypasta text threads a bit of an experiment haha.
@Fario-P

Aaah yeah sure clickbait rants get attention way easier and faster but true (world domination)...uh shojo fanbase renewal probably will be build out of slower discussions on topics dear to old and new fans i guess...(empire) uh i meant renewed interest in shojo will probably comes turtle way slowly but surely.

Jan 22, 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
The answer is pretty simple, there isn't like seriously no there isn't alot of them to me just come across as pretty fucking stupid and not helping either is the fans who are just as equally brainrotted and braindead as the shonen counterparts too who honestly both deserve to marry each other and be put on a island thats like epsteins own and leave them until they all tear each other into pieces plain and simple.

So we're not worst off with less shojo or more isekai if anyhting more stuff to piss tourists and puritan freaks off the merrier i'd say period.
Apr 7, 10:30 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Reply to Sylpheline
@Fario-P

Aaah yeah sure clickbait rants get attention way easier and faster but true (world domination)...uh shojo fanbase renewal probably will be build out of slower discussions on topics dear to old and new fans i guess...(empire) uh i meant renewed interest in shojo will probably comes turtle way slowly but surely.
@Sylpheline Long time no chat. Hope you're taking your time out there in the real world too.

Yeah, these were just more funny haha memey jokey stuff with stuff like the title, but I do appreciate that it still led to productive shoujo discussion.
Maybe I'll make another one in the future, but for now, it's time to take it easy or at least make threads on something else next time.
Apr 8, 3:22 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to Fario-P
@Sylpheline Long time no chat. Hope you're taking your time out there in the real world too.

Yeah, these were just more funny haha memey jokey stuff with stuff like the title, but I do appreciate that it still led to productive shoujo discussion.
Maybe I'll make another one in the future, but for now, it's time to take it easy or at least make threads on something else next time.
@Fario-P Yeah hello.

Well cool. Maybe. Yeah agree its time to take it easy. Do any topic on whatever you want. You seem to have your way to get them both clickbait and interesting so do as you wish for the future. I'm curious about what else you would write as passionately about.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - May 28

35 by Gashadokur0 »»
24 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 11 hours ago

24 by APolygons2 »»
28 minutes ago

» Does your opinion of a voice actor change when you hear them voice characters in hentai?

Dragevard - Yesterday

12 by Hitagi__Furude »»
37 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

86 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
42 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 12 hours ago

20 by MadanielFL »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.