Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2023 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Because of Aomoya's awakening, this turned into Ichigo's most emotional battle in the show yet. Torn between protecting her friends and saving Aomoya, it was a stressful problem for her.

I love how she gets support from her all friends, especially Mint. Looks like they're setting up for the final battles.
Jun 6, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
How can the 2002 version has 52 episodes while this version only has 24 episodes
Jun 6, 2023 10:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor Ichigo being affected after wounding everyone... now it's up to the final battle
Jun 6, 2023 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
With Aoyama fully transformed into Deep Blue, the alter ego serving the aliens turning the world into destruction, the Mew Mews only have 24 hours. Until then, all they can do is fight against it, and Ichigo has conflicting feelings to turn on them hard, emotionally hard.

The Tokyo Gondwana Renaissance has taken into full effect, and even though Ryo came in to save her with the little distance, the extent of the damage is clear, even with Café Mew Mew. The girls all commune back to the café in one piece, and Ichigo still regrets her attacking the other Mew Mews, seemingly frustrated at her incompetency to protect everyone. Ryo's Mew Mew project may have seemingly placed the 5 girls together at random, and it's moments like these that they will shine the best.

The last Mew Aqua in the skies above Tokyo, it's Tokyo Mew Mew to the final battle with their magic extensions. Go get Aoyama, girls!
Jun 6, 2023 11:28 AM
Jun 2022
They turned this show into Precure or something now
Jun 6, 2023 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
They did a pretty good job on the facial expressions from Ichigo showing despair, that was one hell of a slap by best girl Minto.
Jun 6, 2023 3:15 PM

Dec 2012
So many things to love about this episode and it got me really emotional.

The biggest pro for me is that they take a break before the big battle for the disaster of what just happened to sink in not just for us but for the characters. Ichigo got more time to think about what she did before Minto slapped her than she did in the manga (where it happened instantly) and that was a very smart move for the pacing and character building.

Also the VOICE WORK!! I can't believe that just a year ago these girls had no voice acting experience, they're all THERE now! I feel the emotion with every line, Yuuki especially did so well! It's a shame that the animation budget (as usual) isn't very high because the voices were more emotional than the facial expressions.

Overall an amazing episode and I can't wait for the 2 final parts of the journey~!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jun 6, 2023 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
phantomfandom said:
How can the 2002 version has 52 episodes while this version only has 24 episodes
The 2002 anime is full of fillers from what I've seen others say while this has stayed pretty close to tha manga in pacing. What's amazing is that they have still added new material in this show but I feel like it has all been to enhance the story and further developed the characters, so I wouldn't call the new stuff filler.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Jun 7, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2022
RobloxElie said:

Wow almost as if it’s a Maho Shōjo title or something (dramatic gasp 😱). Btw, the manga also had them use wings, and that was released before Precure came out
Jun 7, 2023 7:23 AM
Aug 2022
RobloxElie said:

Wow almost as if it’s a Maho Shōjo title or something (dramatic gasp 😱). Btw, the manga also had them use wings, and that was released before Precure came out
Jun 7, 2023 6:28 PM
Jul 2022
Was there a massive increase of animation quality in the final transformation sequence? or was it just me?
Jun 8, 2023 9:46 AM

Apr 2020
This episode felt a bit too rushed - I LOVE that they wanted to go a more emotional route, but it wasn't fleshed out as well as it could have been. Things went from 0 to 100 really quickly and certain parts felt out of character/just thrown in for more drama.

Overall I love this series and how they're trying to make it darker than the original (though admittedly it's been a WHILE since I saw it so I might be misremembering how things ended up back then). If certain emotional parts were given more time to develop it would feel more authentic. I am looking forward to seeing how the final battle turns out!
☆ Watch Stars Align for soft tennis with a side of (canon!) queer rep, found family, and angst! ☆
Jun 13, 2023 7:24 PM

Aug 2007
The episode was well written this time. Ichigo acting with anger and then being shame about that. Friends that not get mad about that because she acted with no thinking.

Now lets wait the final battle and the happy ending.
Jul 7, 2023 5:50 PM
Nov 2015
We're getting closer to the end! Not sure if there will be a season three after this, unless the writer come up with a new concept for the Mews.

They could use the A La Mode manga for reference maybe?
Sep 11, 2023 10:18 AM
Oct 2022
Goofy Things: The last shot of this episode with the weirdly detailed Ichigo face made me chuckle. The wing power ups also took me out of the moment and had me rather amused.

Pros: The shot where Ichigo loses it and fires on her friends is really cool looking! The music used here and leading up to here was nice, too! The sequence where Mint slaps Ichigo also had a nice build of animation to it with Mint looking rather pained to do so. The idea of the Mew Mews gathering at the cafe together is interesting as it's all destroyed. The moment where they all cry together made me sentimental as I acknowledged THIS is the culmination of TMMNews's efforts to make the mew mews more of a friend group in these two seasons. Having the girls be a lot closer to one another and showing them having a more vested interest in their dreams and relationships, it makes this moment a lot more powerful, and I appreciate that a lot. It makes me wish TMMN has filler episodes, like TMM did! Probably would've helped the pacing too! Alas, it's nice to see TMMN's efforts at something different paying off in a satisfying way. As a last pro, I'd like to note the performances of the actors for the mew mews! In the sentimental sequence, I feel as though they really brought out the emotion there.

Cons: Having the Mew Mews meet up at the cafe was interesting, but it made me feel like I was also missing out on the sequence in the original anime where Pudding spent time with her family, Mint spent time with her servant (though in this one it could've been her brother), etc. The mew mew's spent their potentially last moments on earth with those they loved most- and while the original had me asking questions like, "why is Lettuce with Shirogane and not her family? She doesn't like him more than her own family, right?" It still was nice to see the mew mews check in with their personal lives before facing the finale. Pudding, especially, has been neglected in character in TMMN, and I feel like having her not even mention or think of her family as earthquakes and lava wreak havoc on her city is a continued diminishing of her character presence. Pudding has definitely been pushed to the side more than any mew mew in this reboot, and it shows in its impact to Tart's lack of an arc as well. The only thing we know about Tart is that he likes her candy and looks sad sometimes. In the original anime, he was supposed to have saved her life by now, but in this reboot, he's still taking every opportunity to blow her up, and it makes all his sad glances feel hollow. If he's to turn around and side with her in this next episode, it's going to feel very unearned.

In conclusion: There were actually more pros this episode than cons! That's a first for my experience watching TMMN! I've really been trying to see the good in it where I can, and this episode made that easier. I still cringed a lot, and I still zoned out at points where I was bored, but overall, seeing the mew mews as a friend group did the most for this episode, and I finally left an episode not feeling anxious about the next one.

EDIT: I read that the mew mews got wings in the manga (which I've read a few times but not incredibly recently and not as much as I've watched the OG anime, so I'm definitely going to forget some things). While the concept of 'staying true to the source material' is nice in theory, so it's nice that TMMN is paying tribute to the original manga, I think the ability to improve on the limitations, pacing, development, compositions, and so much more in the source material is WHY people like to see some content adapted into a different medium (from manga to anime). The manga was good! But Zakuro and Pudding might as well not have been characters as they had almost no development at all after joining the team. The OG anime improved that! And the reboot, while developing Zakuro in their own way, left Pudding to the wayside almost completely. I think that's technically truer to the source material that also hardly developed Pudding, but is that really an improvement, or is it just staying loyal to something that had limitations? The first iteration of a content isn't always the best. While TMMN might harken back to its first iteration (the manga) sometimes, it's in ways that, instead of enhancing the story, force it to stagnate or pull away from its potential. That said, I'm viewing this reboot as someone who loves the OG anime most, but to those who enjoy the manga the most, I'm sure additions like the wings from the manga are a nice treat; I hope you've enjoyed it!
JoJoLaRowSep 11, 2023 10:27 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2023

8 by Thaliel »»
Aug 10, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2023

23 by Thaliel »»
Jul 31, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

18 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Mar 19, 6:41 AM

» What are some reasons why this is aimed at tween girls?

removed-user - Mar 7

2 by Atsunome »»
Mar 11, 4:19 AM

» Are there any magical girl anime besides Sailor Moon that focuses more on school life than Mew Mew?

removed-user - Feb 3

9 by KuriChestnut »»
Feb 6, 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.