Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Can someone give me one decent reason as to why people actually like Oshi no Ko?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 15, 2023 5:15 AM
Aug 2021
its just entertaining thats it really
May 15, 2023 5:53 AM

Apr 2022
I’ve read over 30 chapters into the manga and so far the way it tackles a lot of harsh topics and truths regarding the entertainment industry is done pretty well. It’s never one sided or preachy which is also a plus.

It could do without the terrible revenge plot though, but thankfully it doesn’t get too deep into it from what I’ve read.

So yeah it’s pretty good. Not number one on MAL levels of good, but good enough that you can find some merit in it.
May 15, 2023 6:09 AM
Aug 2022
ohadezu said:
Aqua as a character is nowhere as compelling nor interesting as lelouch my dude. From what i’ve seen so far he’s just your average edgy/revenge-pilled dude who screams “i’m really smart” to the viewers
which is the same thing lelouch does lol
May 15, 2023 6:13 AM

May 2023
Sagenaker11 said:
ohadezu said:
Aqua as a character is nowhere as compelling nor interesting as lelouch my dude. From what i’ve seen so far he’s just your average edgy/revenge-pilled dude who screams “i’m really smart” to the viewers
not really? Lelouch is a lot more intriguing as a character and it would be trivializing to label him as someone who’s “edgy/revenge-pilled”
May 15, 2023 6:15 AM

May 2018
It's an edgy idol show that depicts the reality of the entertainment industry, it has everything to be popular. Also the first episode pretty much shocked 90% of the people who stumbled upon it without spoilers or without knowing the manga, like me, so that's quite a big factor. I was actually surprised with it at first, and mildly joined the hype. Turns out it's edgy and the plot is dumb, especially the revenge plot. But oh well, it's still quite entertaining for what it is I guess, and people actually enjoy this whole edgy thing so hey. If you don't see the appeal you clearly don't understand what the anime community likes anyway.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 15, 2023 6:32 AM
Jul 2019
alezitox said:
200Cracker said:
I am not trying to be toxic; it is genuinely baffling that people are enjoying this anime so much. There is absolutely nothing special about it other than the bizarre premise. None of the characters stand out, despite having four new ones introduced in each episode. The protagonist is reminiscent of characters like Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Death Note without any stand-out personality traits. I find it exceptionally creepy that his whole motivation is,
Also, the second half of episode 5 may be one of the most obnoxiously stupid scenes I have ever seen in an anime, and that is saying a lot.

I am enjoying this anime because it gives a new perspective to the show industry and has a good development (despite the edgynes in the future chapters) and I really like Aqua, I don’t see him as a Lelouch or Light I would say he is more like an Ayanokoji type character but lil worse, also side characters look pretty good for me

I hope this is a valid answer for you and I understand why people would drop it
How does this show shed light on anything industry related in Japan? If I was an actor and had trauma in Japan because of poor entertainment professionalism, this show would hella piss me off. The show does not advocate for diversity of people who want to become idols. Japanese people never discuss LGBTIQ people who want to be idols, and people who aren't thin wanting to be idols, etc. Why does the show not discuss anything about idols becoming a unionized group? What about parents, what do they think of the entertainment industry? If this show really wanted to touch on the serious conversations, then why do I need to ask those questions. The show barely even touches on why it is alright for a minor to willfully become an idol living in an orphanage. There is only one scene of this and barely any context how that is legal. The show is overly pretty and starts off with a weird body swap between a grown man and a child. What does that have to do with entertaining people on a professional level in society? Sure, there are scenes where they give you context about the importance of how an actor needs to portray a character to succeed in the entertainment business. But anyone with common sense would know that. You could literally google that, and you would know what they have to do to prepare and how poor professionalism makes it harder for you to obtain work. Which is what it feels like the author did, he just took some issues and convoluted his interpretations and placed them in a manga. In addition, knew it would sell if everyone is pretty looking. 
May 15, 2023 6:36 AM
Aug 2022
ohadezu said:
Sagenaker11 said:
not really? Lelouch is a lot more intriguing as a character and it would be trivializing to label him as someone who’s “edgy/revenge-pilled”
intriguing like what? All he does is pretend to be some edgelord only to make everything messy and gets his ass saved by cc everytime.

Code geass made every other characters except lelouch a literal dumb fucks which fools the audience to perceive lelouch as some genius kid. Any character with literal 2 brain cells would have figured out lelouch identity way earlier
May 15, 2023 6:40 AM

May 2023
Sagenaker11 said:
ohadezu said:
intriguing like what? All he does is pretend to be some edgelord only to make everything messy and gets his ass saved by cc everytime.

Code geass made every other characters except lelouch a literal dumb fucks which fools the audience to perceive lelouch as some genius kid. Any character with literal 2 brain cells would have figured out lelouch identity way earlier

criticizing on contrivances is fair but asserting that he pretends to be an edgelord is just not true lmao please rewatch the show because you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about
May 15, 2023 6:43 AM
Mar 2022
I’ll just do a list.

1. Animation is really good.
2. Characters seem interesting, fleshed out.
3. I personally like revenge plots, especially ones that turn revenge tropes on their heads.
4. This show seems to be a bit of a fuck you to the entertainment industry, and it also seems like the entertainment industry in America (where I live) runs similarly.
5. Looks like it can balance lightheartedness and depression really well.
6. I like both death note and code Geass, and I think the best things about both shows are the main character of those shows. The main character here doesn’t seem to be as smart as those two, but he’s still as interesting.
And yeah that’s probably it.
If it ends as good as it started then it’ll be another SS tier in a tier list I make for all anime. The only other anime I have in SS is Evangelion, that should tell you how much I’ve enjoyed what the show’s doing so far.
May 15, 2023 6:45 AM
Aug 2022
ohadezu said:
Sagenaker11 said:

criticizing on contrivances is fair but asserting that he pretends to be an edgelord is just not true lmao please rewatch the show because you clearly don’t know what you’re talking about
I phrased it wrong, what i meant to say that he thinks he's some genius edgelord but always runs to cc to save his ass
May 15, 2023 6:45 AM
Jul 2019
Skaldi2 said:
Antisocialsempai said:
But everyone is frankly alright with a grown man in a young boy’s body throughout this entire venture. Then you have a child who dies obsessing to drink a grown woman’s boobs for milk. This show accommodates the very people they are trying to portray and discuss as an “issue.”
I can definitely see where you are coming from. That does sound disturbing and the fact so many people can like the series with this even more so.

I guess as a guy I didn't care. It made sense with the writing, Ruby is completely enamoured with Ai because she watches her all the time staying in one room. Aqua is attracted to her but of course thinks its morally wrong. Breastfeeding is natural.

It didn't need to be in the series, it certainly isn't good humour. Only perverts would enjoy the idea of being breastfed - so it caters to perverts. That is firm logic I can't deny.
Antisocialsempai said:
why does this show not tackle realities of LGBTQ people being idols, why does this show not portray women who are not thin wanting to be idols, why does this show not portray exactly HOW creepy people in Japan obsess over idols, especially grown men. Why does this show not dive into further how a young child can just wilfully become an idol with no parent to allow this.
Unfortunately, I would have to go into spoilers to talk about the various topics explored in the manga.
The things you listed sound like the typical anime tropes that we have already seen being depicted in other shows. I can name you a list of shows that go into all of the issues you listed. And this show still does not touch upon real issues. Online bashing is typical no matter idol or not. So, this still does not convince me in any way that this show is groundbreaking. I think people watching are either new to anime or have little anime knowledge of various shows. Because again, these are typical tropes. 
May 15, 2023 6:48 AM
Feb 2023
Antisocialsempai said:
alezitox said:

I am enjoying this anime because it gives a new perspective to the show industry and has a good development (despite the edgynes in the future chapters) and I really like Aqua, I don’t see him as a Lelouch or Light I would say he is more like an Ayanokoji type character but lil worse, also side characters look pretty good for me

I hope this is a valid answer for you and I understand why people would drop it
How does this show shed light on anything industry related in Japan? If I was an actor and had trauma in Japan because of poor entertainment professionalism, this show would hella piss me off. The show does not advocate for diversity of people who want to become idols. Japanese people never discuss LGBTIQ people who want to be idols, and people who aren't thin wanting to be idols, etc. Why does the show not discuss anything about idols becoming a unionized group? What about parents, what do they think of the entertainment industry? If this show really wanted to touch on the serious conversations, then why do I need to ask those questions. The show barely even touches on why it is alright for a minor to willfully become an idol living in an orphanage. There is only one scene of this and barely any context how that is legal. The show is overly pretty and starts off with a weird body swap between a grown man and a child. What does that have to do with entertaining people on a professional level in society? Sure, there are scenes where they give you context about the importance of how an actor needs to portray a character to succeed in the entertainment business. But anyone with common sense would know that. You could literally google that, and you would know what they have to do to prepare and how poor professionalism makes it harder for you to obtain work. Which is what it feels like the author did, he just took some issues and convoluted his interpretations and placed them in a manga. In addition, knew it would sell if everyone is pretty looking. 

Probably it doesn’t talk about those topics because it wouldn’t sell as much as it does, so they prefer to show things like conflicts between actors, lies inside the industry and harassment to the actors.
If you prefer animes with a diversity stories this isn’t for you, but it’s much deeper than what you think
May 15, 2023 6:49 AM
Oct 2020
Because it's good 👍 (22)
May 15, 2023 7:00 AM
Jul 2019
alezitox said:
Antisocialsempai said:

Probably it doesn’t talk about those topics because it wouldn’t sell as much as it does, so they prefer to show things like conflicts between actors, lies inside the industry and harassment to the actors.
If you prefer animes with a diversity stories this isn’t for you, but it’s much deeper than what you think
So then this proves my point, if real issues do not sell, then this show is not tackling real issues. People need to stop saying this show is doing that very thing and hyping up anime with poor writing. Yall like the show for its pretty colors and how cute AI looks. Whats the point of writing a societal focused anime if you don't actually focus on actual issues. 
May 15, 2023 7:10 AM
Nov 2014
200Cracker said:
I am not trying to be toxic; it is genuinely baffling that people are enjoying this anime so much. There is absolutely nothing special about it other than the bizarre premise. None of the characters stand out, despite having four new ones introduced in each episode. The protagonist is reminiscent of characters like Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Death Note without any stand-out personality traits. I find it exceptionally creepy that his whole motivation is,
Also, the second half of episode 5 may be one of the most obnoxiously stupid scenes I have ever seen in an anime, and that is saying a lot.

I'm guessing you haven't seen a lot of what Japanese elementary and middle schoolers like on YouTube if you're saying that about the second half.
May 15, 2023 7:21 AM

Jun 2009
Antisocialsempai said:
alezitox said:

So then this proves my point, if real issues do not sell, then this show is not tackling real issues. People need to stop saying this show is doing that very thing and hyping up anime with poor writing. Yall like the show for its pretty colors and how cute AI looks. Whats the point of writing a societal focused anime if you don't actually focus on actual issues. 
I came into this post because I was also curious about why this show has exploded into popularity, especially so quickly (and given a rating so high that it rivals the likes of FMAB). Based on what I've been reading, including the synopsis, and comments in here, I have to say my impression of the anime aligns close to yours, Antisocialsempai. It feels like it's not really a hard hitting social commentary, and is more of a silly harem with reincarnation tropes mixed in. The "social commentary" seems more like something that is sort of sprinkled in but not really delved into much. It's like if someone says something like "racism is bad" and someone else says "yeah" and it's left at that... The idea is implanted, just not elaborated on in a way that makes a satisfying conversation or digs deep into why something like racism (or the entertainment industry in Oshi no Ko's case) is actually bad. 
May 15, 2023 7:23 AM
Nov 2014
Antisocialsempai said:
alezitox said:

I can agree that it could focus more on issues, but I'm also wondering if that was a misconception made by people and whoever wrote the synopsis for this story. Like, there are issues, but there are reasons people still throw themselves into the industry too, right? If it were all horrible, nobody would want to do it. I don't see the harm in focusing on the lighter aspects of the industry as well as long as the story eventually brings it back around to the awful shit that is still very present. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what will happen. So for all I know, it could just totally forget the premise of showing the darker sides of the industry, in which case, yeah, this show is hyped for doing something it fails to deliver on.

I think some people are expecting this to be "the next Perfect Blue" and it's not. If people didn't do that, then I feel like a lot fewer people would be complaining right now. And before anyone tries to accuse me of anything, I didn't even want to watch this show at first because the premise was so awkward. But I've been generally enjoying it even though episode 1 is still the highlight.
May 15, 2023 7:29 AM
Apr 2021
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:

Darker aspect of Idol industry and Entertainment in general, which is i like it because it's a realistic topic.

If you want something like that, odd taxi might seem good for you.
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:

Darker aspect of Idol industry and Entertainment in general, which is i like it because it's a realistic topic.

ODD TAXI is a masterpiece in every way.
May 15, 2023 7:30 AM
Jul 2019
superstaff said:
Antisocialsempai said:
I came into this post because I was also curious about why this show has exploded into popularity, especially so quickly (and given a rating so high that it rivals the likes of FMAB). Based on what I've been reading, including the synopsis, and comments in here, I have to say my impression of the anime aligns close to yours, Antisocialsempai. It feels like it's not really a hard hitting social commentary, and is more of a silly harem with reincarnation tropes mixed in. The "social commentary" seems more like something that is sort of sprinkled in but not really delved into much. It's like if someone says something like "racism is bad" and someone else says "yeah" and it's left at that... The idea is implanted, just not elaborated on in a way that makes a satisfying conversation or digs deep into why something like racism (or the entertainment industry in Oshi no Ko's case) is actually bad. 
Thank you so much for sharing what you felt superstaff. Lately, it really boggles my mind how these shows are gaining hype. Its the equivalent of a new McDonalds meal coming out lmao. I was reading everyone's points to prove why this show is so good and everyone's opinions are the same. All people wrote is boobs, drama, actors, lies inside the industry and harassment to the actors. I can name many shows that depict these issues already and do a better job. My issue with this show is how it is trending. Because that just sounds like the stereotypical trope. Then one person said well it wouldn't sell if they tackled real issues. So if the show is discussing society, why is it wrong to expect a show to do it correctly? Like make it make sense to me. I think people are just making excuses cus people like shows with fan service. I feel like people in this forum should just say its exactly that lol. 
May 15, 2023 7:32 AM
Apr 2021
Friermiko said:
Pretty colors and it gave them the feels.

biaotaku39 said:
because i like idols

Nice to meet you, biaotaku39. I can't agree more. Watching Oshi no ko is like talking to my old self. And we had a great time. Who's your idol?
May 15, 2023 7:37 AM
Jul 2019
Reaperoflight said:
Antisocialsempai said:
I can agree that it could focus more on issues, but I'm also wondering if that was a misconception made by people and whoever wrote the synopsis for this story. Like, there are issues, but there are reasons people still throw themselves into the industry too, right? If it were all horrible, nobody would want to do it. I don't see the harm in focusing on the lighter aspects of the industry as well as long as the story eventually brings it back around to the awful shit that is still very present. I haven't read the manga, so I don't know what will happen. So for all I know, it could just totally forget the premise of showing the darker sides of the industry, in which case, yeah, this show is hyped for doing something it fails to deliver on.

I think some people are expecting this to be "the next Perfect Blue" and it's not. If people didn't do that, then I feel like a lot fewer people would be complaining right now. And before anyone tries to accuse me of anything, I didn't even want to watch this show at first because the premise was so awkward. But I've been generally enjoying it even though episode 1 is still the highlight.
I agree with you, I think there is no problem with showing the lighter aspects of entertainment and its drawbacks in Japanese society. My issue with this show is people are looking at it as if it is a beaken, a show that really makes you think... And also, to have a #1 spot on MAL is wild, because there are many things this show does not tackle and does provide the exact fan service it is critiquing. So, when people are saying this show is life changing/amazing. That makes me think that people really aren't looking at what their watching. Which is bad because if we continue consuming shows with bad writing. Then creators are going to continue justifying making poorly written shows with basic plotlines. And when I mean bad, not art wise, or premise a theme. I mean giving you half written dialogue about issues that you could make speak on serious issues and draw you in. It seems you can't have both and then fans justify that. Which I think is wrong because while amazing shows get made, they will get left unwatched and less exposure. And as an artist myself, I do not expect every anime to be a masterpiece at all. But I think it is just weird how certain shows are getting the fast-food treatment. 

I think the show is good for just watching, not that it is good enough for serious hype. We finally have Skip to Loafer, an anime shedding positive light on lgbtq people. And nobody seems to care about that. But we care about some dumb idol and their kids being grown in baby bodies. So, that is why I am hella pissed. 
May 15, 2023 7:43 AM
Nov 2014
Antisocialsempai said:
Reaperoflight said:

I agree with you, I think there is no problem with showing the lighter aspects of entertainment and its drawbacks in Japanese society. My issue with this show is people are looking at it as if it is a beaken, a show that really makes you think... And also, to have a #1 spot on MAL is wild, because there are many things this show does not tackle and does provide the exact fan service it is critiquing. So, when people are saying this show is life changing/amazing. That makes me think that people really aren't looking at what their watching. Which is bad because if we continue consuming shows with bad writing. Then creators are going to continue justifying making poorly written shows with basic plotlines. And when I mean bad, not art wise, or premise a theme. I mean giving you half written dialogue about issues that you could make speak on serious issues and draw you in. It seems you can't have both and then fans justify that. Which I think is wrong because while amazing shows get made, they will get left unwatched and less exposure. And as an artist myself, I do not expect every anime to be a masterpiece at all. But I think it is just weird how certain shows are getting the fast-food treatment. 

I think the show is good for just watching, not that it is good enough for serious hype. We finally have Skip to Loafer, an anime shedding positive light on lgbtq people. And nobody seems to care about that. But we care about some dumb idol and their kids being grown in baby bodies. So, that is why I am hella pissed. 
Yeah, I agree with you there. The show is overhyped as hell. As you said, it's good just for watching and interesting enough to keep me invested each week. But Oshi no Ko could be doing more to follow up on its premise and deliver writing of higher quality.

I don't really have much else to say since I agree with everything you wrote here, but you got me interested in Skip to Loafer so I'll give that a watch.
May 15, 2023 7:45 AM
Jul 2019
Reaperoflight said:
Antisocialsempai said:

Yeah, I agree with you there. The show is overhyped as hell. As you said, it's good just for watching and interesting enough to keep me invested each week. But Oshi no Ko could be doing more to follow up on its premise and deliver writing of higher quality.

I don't really have much else to say since I agree with everything you wrote here, but you got me interested in Skip to Loafer so I'll give that a watch.
Let me know what you think of Skip to Loafer, I have been dying to talk to someone about it. XD <3
May 15, 2023 8:02 AM
Feb 2022
because is good (n+1) 👍
May 15, 2023 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
because is good 👍 (24)  
May 15, 2023 8:18 AM
Apr 2021
biaotaku39 said:
immanuel- said:

Oh! What kind of person is she?

she is a very strong and kind person

Great! I'm sure you've had a lot of good times. Haven't you?
May 15, 2023 8:20 AM
May 2022
I honestly can't give you a reason. I watched it based on the hype the first episode got. I had a week vacation and thought to myself "let's take a look at this". Just off the genre it isn't something that would caught my eye. An Anime with reincarnation and showbiz, I don't know.
That first episode really got me interested. I want to see where this train goes.
And the opening song is really catchy, I gotta say.
May 15, 2023 8:28 AM
Dec 2018
The show is well made and has an interesting premise. The first episode, while cheating a bit with movie length, is one of the best episodes I've ever seen.

If you couldn't get into the show then the show just isn't for you. Not everyone can like everything and everyone has different tastes. It's really not that complex. Your time would be better spent hyping up things you like rather than dissing things you don't like. Might give you a happier outlook on things overall too.
May 15, 2023 8:38 AM
Sep 2017
because is good 👍 (25)  
May 15, 2023 9:07 AM
Dec 2022
ohadezu said:
He isn't, what I meant was it seemed to me as if they were attempting to make a character similar to Lelouch with the intelligence and revenge factor but fell flat.
"no-namer" - some guy in serial experiments lain
May 15, 2023 9:18 AM
Sep 2020
Yes, somebody can
May 15, 2023 9:19 AM

Dec 2019
AnimeJeWEEBus said:
Because it’s a giant fuck you to the entertainment industry and youre expecting way too much when it setting the story up right now

Likewise, you guys are praising it way too much when it's only setting up the story right now.
May 15, 2023 9:54 AM
Dec 2019
Antisocialsempai said:
You should've stated this earlier, because it colours your perception of this show and why all your posts sound so angry. I get it. Every season a dumb battle shounen airs that gets hyped to no end and overshadows everything else my heart sinks a bit. It's simply the way the anime viewership is. Without Oshi no Ko not many more people would talk about Skip & Loafer. They would talk more about Demon Slayer or Hell's Paradise.

For the reasons I like OnK? I think there is a lot of depth in the characterization (Kana in episode 3 alone has more nuance than many characters get in a whole season). The different entertainment industries are looked at, yes, and a somewhat cynical take is given, but what glues it all together are the characters. Also there are not many anime about acting / entertainment industry in general. Even less that have a good production like this one. The main drawback is that it tackles so many topics that each one gets only a limited amount of screentime and the manga / anime has to be somewhat succinct. On the other hand, that leads to a decently fast pacing.  

May 15, 2023 10:08 AM
Jul 2019
Sylverthas said:
Antisocialsempai said:
You should've stated this earlier, because it colours your perception of this show and why all your posts sound so angry. I get it. Every season a dumb battle shounen airs that gets hyped to no end and overshadows everything else my heart sinks a bit. It's simply the way the anime viewership is. Without Oshi no Ko not many more people would talk about Skip & Loafer. They would talk more about Demon Slayer or Hell's Paradise.

For the reasons I like OnK? I think there is a lot of depth in the characterization (Kana in episode 3 alone has more nuance than many characters get in a whole season). The different entertainment industries are looked at, yes, and a somewhat cynical take is given, but what glues it all together are the characters. Also there are not many anime about acting / entertainment industry in general. Even less that have a good production like this one. The main drawback is that it tackles so many topics that each one gets only a limited amount of screentime and the manga / anime has to be somewhat succinct. On the other hand, that leads to a decently fast pacing.  

Im not angry but there are many reasons why I think this show is bad, my comparison to Skip to loafer is one reason. I can say that at least with Skip to Loafer nobody seems like a stereotype of a trope, thankfully not the lgbtq character either. The show is focusing on teenagers and their lives. Why can't we or anyone have expectations of creators write portrayals if they focus on society in some aspect. Because character development is bad in Oshi no Ko. Ai has no emotions, they killed her off abruptly and hardly explain the killer. I do not see what is so nuanced about this show. It is a basic as you could ever get with an anime with stereotypical tropes. Everyone keeps obsessing over this analysis of entertainment in Japan, when they really don't criticize it at all. Anyone can google discrepancies in entertain- ment industry. There is always gimmicks to reality shows, backstabbing's, etc. You don't need to learn about Japanese entertainment to know that in America. Because American entertainment does it all the time. So really, the show isn't focusing on idols and more about the stereotypical gimmicks that we already know. 
May 15, 2023 11:06 AM
Apr 2022
Because it is good (27)

Other reasons:

Sony Megacorp gorilla marketing, including top charting music; distribution.
Good reputable mangaka, and artist.
People hungry for something different, other than the usual battle shonen/seinens.
Act Age being incomplete, means a niche has opened up.
May 15, 2023 12:09 PM
Dec 2018
because_it_is_good++
It's not only how sophisticated the story is, but the storytelling, the art and the animation, which leaves a long lasting impact. It's also well publicised show as far as I can see.
Ultimately, it depends on the interpretation of the viewer. I see Ai's character as of a broken individual, wearing a fake smile and yearning for a family. A single mother trying her best to give her children the best life possible. She had all kinds of emotions a human has, but she was so used to faking some emotions that the line between truth and lie was blurry. Her death was surely abrupt, but it made sense because we know the killer was a stalker who had been stalking her since she got pregnant, and finally killed her once he got the opportunity. Anime isn't telling you something you don't know already, but it's a storytelling in a different setting, which is entertaining. Aqua is surely weird, he's a man who was born as his favorite idol's son. Whatever you may call it; obsession towards his favorite idol, or love towards his mother, but it doesn't change the fact he admired her and cared for her, just like he does now for Ruby. His aim to find his father and kill him is his ultimate purpose and we are yet to see where does this fanatism lead him.
May 15, 2023 12:26 PM
Aug 2021
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:

that’s like 1/4 of OddTaxi though bro
May 15, 2023 12:44 PM
Aug 2020
Beautiful animation and colors, deeper insight into the entertainment industry, good mystery, good pacing, good characters who each have their own tie to Ai in their own way, seeing ruby grow as a whole. Idk makes perfect sense to me as to why people love it.
May 15, 2023 1:23 PM

Oct 2008
I think the art style is REALLY wild, however I don't know how crazy I am about it. I do like that it is something that is new for sure though and I always applaud studios giving something a different approach. 

So far Oshi no Ko is on the lower end for me this season. Don't get me wrong, I am still enjoying it, but there are a lot of other shows that I am enjoying a lot more. The first episode was pretty wild, and I am interested to see the follow up to some of these mysteries. 

If I had to give it a score right now I would probably rate it in the 6-7 range, for me personally it just hasn't hit the buttons yet, but that's not to say it wont, as I like to wait until the season over to really provide a score. 

So far though its interesting. I don't think its this crazy revelation like some people do, but its fine, and I am happy . 
May 15, 2023 1:30 PM

Apr 2019
I ask myself the same question. Nothing in this series is extraordinary. Boring, creepy characters, showbiz theme poorly developed.
If they want to show something, let them really show how toxic and disgusting showbiz is. It's not known if it's a comedy, a crime story or a slice of life. Everything is... boring.
May 15, 2023 1:42 PM
Sep 2020
Because seeing the dark side of the entertainment industry through the manga drew me in. Coupled with compelling characters and beautiful art, I binged the entire manga a few years ago and have been keeping up ever since.

The anime added onto this by having beautiful animation, voice-acting, music, and just a ton of work put into it. I can tell it is a passion project.
May 15, 2023 2:26 PM

Jan 2021
pretty colors go boom
May 15, 2023 7:16 PM
Apr 2021
Because is great (14) ⭐
Tense pacing, interesting premise and characters, intriguing mystery, well written scenes, amazing visuals and music. What more do you need? Additionally they have a somewhat original take on the whole of the Japanese media industry at once, so that's interesting to watch too. I am convinced people just got offended by how well received the show was and that's what keeps bothering them. A loud minority anyways. I am not an Aka Akasaka fan nor have I read the manga. But this is so much better than all the Battle Shonens and Isekais releasing a dime a dozen every season.
May 15, 2023 8:08 PM

Aug 2020
Antisocialsempai said:
Newsflash Twitterian, no one cares about LGBTQ representation. What people are interested in are action, drama, and mystery. This has drama and mystery. And newsflash, idol culture is big and extends to more than just Japanese Pop Stars, like movie actors, streamers, vtubers, etc. Its been a trend since....Youtube's creation.
Keep scrolling
May 15, 2023 8:29 PM
Oct 2018
because it is good (28)
May 15, 2023 8:43 PM
Mar 2021
Because is good 👍 (11)
May 15, 2023 9:02 PM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Thread cleaned locked for breaking the Anime Discussion Guidelines:
2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:
[...]
g. categorizing generalized opinions as popular/unpopular
e.g. Why does everyone like/hate ___, Why is studio ___ so hated, Post your unpopular opinion about ___, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2686 by Prupel1 »»
4 hours ago

» What do you think of Kana Arima? ( 1 2 )

Fischer77 - Oct 16, 2023

69 by Mmmnmn »»
Jun 13, 10:28 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

684 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 13, 9:16 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jun 21, 2023

294 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 13, 8:46 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2023

310 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jun 13, 8:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.