Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Can someone give me one decent reason as to why people actually like Oshi no Ko?

[Oshi No Ko]
Available on Manga Store
New
May 14, 2023 2:13 PM
Dec 2022
I am not trying to be toxic; it is genuinely baffling that people are enjoying this anime so much. There is absolutely nothing special about it other than the bizarre premise. None of the characters stand out, despite having four new ones introduced in each episode. The protagonist is reminiscent of characters like Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Death Note without any stand-out personality traits. I find it exceptionally creepy that his whole motivation is,
Also, the second half of episode 5 may be one of the most obnoxiously stupid scenes I have ever seen in an anime, and that is saying a lot.
"no-namer" - some guy in serial experiments lain
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 14, 2023 2:16 PM

May 2013
200Cracker said:
The protagonist is reminiscent of characters like Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Death Note without any stand-out personality traits

even with the personality traits admission, you are actually giving him too much credit

im watching it 1) for the mystery (who is the father) and 2) to see the idol group that ruby gathers together
it does not have to be very deep
May 14, 2023 2:19 PM
Aug 2020
because is good πŸ‘
May 14, 2023 2:22 PM

Jul 2021
because is good πŸ‘ (2)
May 14, 2023 2:23 PM

Sep 2020
200Cracker said:
I am not trying to be toxic; it is genuinely baffling that people are enjoying this anime so much. There is absolutely nothing special about it other than the bizarre premise. None of the characters stand out, despite having four new ones introduced in each episode. The protagonist is reminiscent of characters like Lelouch from Code Geass or Light from Death Note without any stand-out personality traits. I find it exceptionally creepy that his whole motivation is,
Also, the second half of episode 5 may be one of the most obnoxiously stupid scenes I have ever seen in an anime, and that is saying a lot.

Darker aspect of Idol industry and Entertainment in general, which is i like it because it's a realistic topic.
Every living being is a slave to something.
Askeladd, Vinland Saga.
May 14, 2023 2:25 PM
Jul 2019
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:
200Cracker said:

Darker aspect of Idol industry and Entertainment in general, which is i like it because it's a realistic topic.

If you want something like that, odd taxi might seem good for you.
May 14, 2023 2:28 PM
Feb 2021
Pretty colors and it gave them the feels.
May 14, 2023 2:35 PM
Mar 2020
because it's good πŸ‘(3)
Mar 2022
because i like idols
Apr 2020
because is good πŸ‘ (4)
May 14, 2023 2:37 PM

Jul 2015
You could have just read the reviews or thousands of other identical threads to have your question answered, but instead you decided to create an another troll bait thread.
Seriously?
PiromyslMay 14, 2023 3:59 PM

May 14, 2023 2:38 PM
Apr 2019
because is good πŸ‘ (5)
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
May 14, 2023 2:41 PM
Dec 2022
Piromysl said:
You could just read reviews to have your question answered, but instead you decided to create a troll bait thread.
Seriously?
I have read reviews, they are either far too vague or just praise the first episode. It's also a genuine question, and clearly not a bait seeing as the only person who's gotten angry and given me a non-answer is you! πŸ˜„
200CrackerMay 14, 2023 8:48 PM
May 14, 2023 2:43 PM

Jul 2015
200Cracker said:
Piromysl said:
You could just read reviews to have your question answered, but instead you decided to create a troll bait thread.
Seriously?
I have read reviews, they are either far too vague or just praise the first episode. It's also a genuine question, and clearly not a bait seeing as the only person who's gotten angry and given me a non-answer is you and the guy above me! πŸ˜„

You might want to check again because everyone is mocking you for the same reason.

May 14, 2023 2:43 PM
Sep 2020
Because it’s a giant fuck you to the entertainment industry and youre expecting way too much when it setting the story up right now
May 14, 2023 2:45 PM
Aug 2021
Because is good πŸ‘ (7)
May 14, 2023 2:47 PM
Jul 2022
I find it entertaining and enjoyable to watch. I like what I like.
May 14, 2023 2:48 PM
Sep 2021
Because is good (8)
Dec 2022
Piromysl said:
200Cracker said:
I have read reviews, they are either far too vague or just praise the first episode. It's also a genuine question, and clearly not a bait seeing as the only person who's gotten angry and given me a non-answer is you and the guy above me! πŸ˜„

You might want to check again because everyone is mocking you for the same reason.
Who? I just see one guy having a mental breakdown and people saying it's good, as well as people saying I am expecting too much. These are all pretty helpful answers, as it makes me temper my expectations and realize that I should enjoy it as a fun piece of entertainment and not some masterpiece. This is the kind of discussion I expected, as well as wished for. πŸ˜€
Mar 2021
Well it’s good. It’s well written, has an interesting (all be it bizarre) premise, and the themes of deconstructing the entertainment industry are very interesting. Sweet today is the worst arc in the series (besides maybe obese if the more recent ones, scandal) I think this next arc is probably one of the best in the series (at least the climax is) so at least finish love and if you like that watch tokyo blade next season cause that might be some of the best shit i’ve ever read weekly

He isn’t really in love with Ai, i’d call it more of an unhealthy obsession or an infatuation. in his past life Love might be a more accurate word but Aqua’s mind is affected by the body, meaning his attraction would change too as that’s something partially influenced by body.
May 14, 2023 2:50 PM

Jun 2022
i wont even read this you probably think you're saying something intellectual but some of y'all should really get a life and stop making these threads. i've seen this topic 5 times so far LIKE OKAY RELAX WE GET IT YOU DONT FIND IT SPECIALπŸ™πŸ»
May 14, 2023 2:55 PM
Feb 2017
Because is good πŸ‘ (9)
May 14, 2023 2:57 PM

Sep 2016
I’ve been a manga reader for 2 years now and I must say it has an absolutely incredible art style and has a dark premise. It’s really not that deep, you seem to just not have the same interests as those who enjoy the show. Give the manga a chance if you really want to give it more of a shot, the anime hasn’t even hit some of the major conflicts.
May 14, 2023 3:03 PM
Dec 2022
Orbakun said:
Well it’s good. It’s well written, has an interesting (all be it bizarre) premise, and the themes of deconstructing the entertainment industry are very interesting.  Sweet today is the worst arc in the series (besides maybe obese if the more recent ones, scandal) I think this next arc is probably one of the best in the series (at least the climax is) so at least finish love and if you like that watch tokyo blade next season cause that might be some of the best shit i’ve ever read weekly

He isn’t really in love with Ai, i’d call it more of an unhealthy obsession or an infatuation. in his past life Love might be a more accurate word but Aqua’s mind is affected by the body, meaning his attraction would change too as that’s something partially influenced by body.
Thank you! Maybe I misunderstood the whole in love thing, infatuation sounds more accurate. I think I just need to watch it with a less critical eye and ease myself into it, judging by what you say it sounds like it gets pretty good and I'll be sure to keep watching.
May 14, 2023 3:06 PM
Mar 2022
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:

I agree it is so much more fun and interesting
Feb 2023
200Cracker said:

I am enjoying this anime because it gives a new perspective to the show industry and has a good development (despite the edgynes in the future chapters) and I really like Aqua, I don’t see him as a Lelouch or Light I would say he is more like an Ayanokoji type character but lil worse, also side characters look pretty good for me

I hope this is a valid answer for you and I understand why people would drop it
Apr 2022
I remember when baits were good

Sep 2020
Ehhh, i'm happy something other than a braindead fighting shounen is hitting the top ratings, but I agree it's score is probably inflated a bit by the initial hype
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
May 14, 2023 3:07 PM
Apr 2022
Miyumi_Rose said:
I’ve been a manga reader for 2 years now and I must say it has an absolutely incredible art style and has a dark premise. It’s really not that deep, you seem to just not have the same interests as those who enjoy the show. Give the manga a chance if you really want to give it more of a shot, the anime hasn’t even hit some of the major conflicts.

Because it is good (10)
May 14, 2023 3:11 PM

Jun 2011
for me it looks pretty and is original enough to be worth watching, also i like ruby and kana, the op and ed are bangers too especially the op
yes, it's overhyped, but it's still a good watch so far anyway and i enjoy watching it despite some stuff that bothers me
May 14, 2023 3:13 PM
Apr 2020
I honestly dont see the hype anymore ether, its good but it’s not like its the best anime of all time, like they made it out to be with the premier
May 14, 2023 3:16 PM
Dec 2022
Miyumi_Rose said:
I'll check the manga out. The only reason I suspected the anime was intended to be deeper than it actually is was because of how dark the 1st episode was, so the transition to a more light hearted tone was a bit jarring.
May 14, 2023 3:17 PM

Apr 2020
Idol Culture. A lot of beautiful girls. Reincarnation. Comedy. 
Spicy "Oh noe, she's my favorite Idol, but she's also my mother now, so she wants to breastfeed me" -Scenes. -> Mixed with some solid animation, a rare Showbiz angle and a little mystery murder- plot.

I mean...how can you not understand?
It sounds like a (very) wet, weeb-super-dream xD

On a sidenote....with 33 Show's watched in all your Life is your take on Episode 5 reaaaaaaaaaaally saying "a lot" ?
May 14, 2023 3:19 PM
Sep 2019
200Cracker said:

I think the same, but I'm watching anyway because ends up I always have some time left between the release of anime episodes that are really good...
i like the colors and some of the art style but it bothers me extremely how much the male lead has to be badass and intelligent while the female lead has to be so dumb and with such an empty personality.
May 14, 2023 3:22 PM
Dec 2022
Merve2Love said:
Spicy "Oh noe, she's my favorite Idol, but she's also my mother now, so she wants to breastfeed me" -Scenes. -> Mixed with some solid animation, a rare Showbiz angle and a little mystery murder- plot.

On a sidenote....with 33 Show's watched in all your Life is your take on Episode 5 reaaaaaaaaaaally saying "a lot" ?
I've seen a lot more than 33, I just have cataloged ones I've seen since joining this website and some personal favorites because I recently had a resurgence of my interest in anime πŸ˜…
May 14, 2023 3:24 PM

Jan 2021
People like the premise of "showing the truth behind the entertainment industry" and stuff, I mean there have been other series doing the same and better, but this one was written by Aka Akasaka, the author from Kaguya-sama so it obviously got a lot of traction out of that alone.

Aqua's motivation is, indeed, taking revenge for the death of a person important to him, not sure how this is creepy, and I'm sure he isn't in love with her, at least not romantic love.
May 14, 2023 3:24 PM

Sep 2016
200Cracker said:
Miyumi_Rose said:
I'll check the manga out. The only reason I suspected the anime was intended to be deeper than it actually is was because of how dark the 1st episode was, so the transition to a more light hearted tone was a bit jarring.

It’s definitely deep, but it doesn’t get to that point until deep into the manga, and currently they’ve only animated about 20 chapters. The story goes through dark and happier phases because otherwise it would get boring super quick. Episode 6 and the following ones should be a good set of darker episodes.

It’s definitely being overhyped right now, but if you enjoy it, you typically really enjoy it rather than just thinking it is average. I was shocked to see so many people praising it after reading it for so long, it’s definitely something I wasn’t expecting to get super popular like it did, but I’m super glad it has.
May 14, 2023 3:26 PM

Jan 2021
Merve2Love said:

I don't know how this sounds as a weeb super dream. There is only 1 scene where she wants to breatfeed him and that's because she is his mother, not any ulterior motives specially because he is againts it.

There are many more series you can acuse of a weeb super dream, this one isn't that much of it.
May 14, 2023 3:31 PM

Apr 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
Merve2Love said:

I don't know how this sounds as a weeb super dream. There is only 1 scene where she wants to breatfeed him and that's because she is his mother, not any ulterior motives specially because he is againts it.

There are many more series you can acuse of a weeb super dream, this one isn't that much of it.

True.

I think in order to fully grasp what I was trying to say you have to read the word "scenes" , tho. Spicy Scenes, like the example I was giving. There are these kind of scenes :)

I don't think it stands out for the fact that the protag is against it. They have to be against it, otherwise it's just a Hentai, with children ... sure as hell it wouldnt be broadcasted and marketed the way it is now, if the source material contained this level of sexual weirdness, you know^^
May 14, 2023 3:33 PM

Jan 2021
Merve2Love said:
Ionliosite2 said:

True.
I think in order to fully grasp what I was trying to say you have to read the word "scenes" , tho. Spicy Scenes, like the example I was giving. There are these kind of scenes :)
I don't think it stands out for the fact that the protag is against it. They have to be against it, otherwise it's just a Hentai, with children xD

Of course it doesn't stand out at all, but for some reason you made the scene stand out as if it wasn't "a mother wants to breastfeed her children", but for some reason you mentioned it as a special case to even specify it.

Even if Aqua was breastfeed it wouldn't be a hentai in any way, shape or form. Go and read what actually a hentai is.
May 14, 2023 3:36 PM

Apr 2020
Ionliosite2 said:
Merve2Love said:

True.
I don't think it stands out for the fact that the protag is against it. They have to be against it, otherwise it's just a Hentai, with children xD

Of course it doesn't stand out at all, but for some reason you made the scene stand out as if it wasn't "a mother wants to breastfeed her children", but for some reason you mentioned it as a special case to even specify it.

Even if Aqua was breastfeed it wouldn't be a hentai in any way, shape or form. Go and read what actually a hentai is.

Whoops my bad.
You're a bit too salty for me^^

I think everybody who isn't as butthurt as you undertood what I was saying.

Have a nice day :)
May 14, 2023 3:39 PM

Mar 2020
Episode 1 was really good, the rest is quite questionable. I liked the 'raising a child' premise, but ig people also likes to have an edgy MC. Not saying it's bad, tho, but I honestly can't enjoy it after ep 1, it delivered perfectly.

Note that I'm a newbie in the idol genre, only watched like the whole Love Live franchise, Shine Post and trying to get into the Idolm@ster series, so I was hoping this was going to focus on that theme but damn πŸ’€ it became a 'side' theme(?)

❝Only you can save yourself.❞
I only know what I know, I guess?
Yuri enjoyer and El Cazador de la Bruja fan
May 14, 2023 3:39 PM

Jan 2021
Merve2Love said:
Ionliosite2 said:

Whoops my bad.
You're a bit too salty for me^^

I think everybody who isn't as butthurt as you undertood what I was saying.

Have a nice day :)

I'm not butthurt nor salty, so I don't know where you get that from.

I understood what you were saying, doesn't mean it was actually completely right.

Have a nice day too.
May 14, 2023 4:02 PM
Sep 2020
RulyKinkajou59 said:
Ahmed_Alkautsar said:

already watched it. But it does not cover much of the entertainment industry while onk pretty much cover all of the entertainment industry in japan
May 14, 2023 4:06 PM
Feb 2019
Why do I keep coming back to this show every week?

1. The deep dive into the entertainment industry and how it works. Its legit interesting, both fascinating and tragic. I heard that alot of research was put into this, so it must not be that far from the truth.

2. Aqua and Ruby's personal journey and how they were both driven by their love for their mother Ai. Even tho we are following Aqua's path of revenge, I sincerely hope somewhere that he finds happiness elsewhere and moves on from the trauma of Ai's death.

With Ruby, I am invested in her journey to be a pop idol just like Ai. I pray that she stays safe and doesn't get negatively affected by the seedy underbelly of the industry that she'll definitely face down the line.
May 14, 2023 4:13 PM
Oct 2022
Because is good πŸ‘πŸ» (10)
May 14, 2023 4:17 PM
Mar 2021
because it's very good
May 14, 2023 4:38 PM
Jul 2019
There is nothing special about Oshi No Ko, I sat through the one hour special and then the 5 additional episodes that have come out. I just think people with bad anime taste or very little Anime watching experience like it. This show does such a poor job at showing the realities of real issues who are in the entertainment industry, especially in Japan. The many people watching this show either have no actual understanding of the Japanese entertainment industry and buy into the fake beautiful coloration used to disguise poor writing. Or people who are from Japan are alright with the way Japan sweeps serious issues under the rug.

Critiquing real world issues require real world portrayals. And don’t nobody come at me and be like, “well it is an Anime after all” if you are really going to say that, then I feel sorry for you. Because there are Anime’s out there that make you think and fall in love with human portrayals. In addition, make you see things in different perspectives. Take Skip to Loafer this season. This show deserves to be #1 this season. This show is probably the first slice of life portray realistic experiences and scenarios between people. In addition, the show kindly and respectfully provided real LGBTQ characters. Why is a show like Skip to Loafer not deem-able as a #1 but Oshi no Ko is.

Also, everything in this show is too beautiful. The characters, the backgrounds, everything is just constantly pretty. So pretty that it overtakes one from seeing the show for what it is. If this show is so great, why does this show not tackle realities of LGBTQ people being idols, why does this show not portray women who are not thin wanting to be idols, why does this show not portray exactly HOW creepy people in Japan obsess over idols, especially grown men. Why does this show not dive into further how a young child can just willfully become an idol with no parent to allow this. Why is it that this show only creates supporting characters who are not so pretty, but every main character can be beautiful. What does this say about Japanese people and what they think of their overall industry? There are SOOOOO many issues in Japan this show can cover. But instead, the show decides to take the creepy avenue. Making a grown adult revert to being a child then a teenager. In addition, the show constantly just relays over and over AI dancing, in every preview I have ever seen because what sells is beauty. Nobody wants to see I guess the real nitty and gritty. But everyone is frankly alright with a grown man in a young boy’s body throughout this entire venture. Then you have a child who dies obsessing to drink a grown woman’s boobs for milk. This show accommodates the very people they are trying to portray and discuss as an “issue.”
May 14, 2023 4:43 PM

Aug 2020
Because is good πŸ‘ (11)
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
May 14, 2023 4:52 PM
DANDYISM

Aug 2022
Because is good πŸ‘ (12)
DANGER LEVEL: STRANGEROUSLY DANGEROUS

Strdangerous (Adj.): Word Used To Describe An Unspeakable Horror Which Has Been Sealed Deep Within The Core Of The Reality Verse
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2023

476 by rip_Solitaire »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yuyuichi - Jun 28, 2023

717 by Mxkaze »»
Yesterday, 2:57 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MadanielFL - May 12, 2023

263 by dangkeeks »»
Sep 23, 1:54 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2721 by EPhC4 »»
Sep 22, 4:17 PM

» Why "Oshi" and not "Hoshi"?

il_biggo - Aug 19

15 by DragyG »»
Sep 15, 7:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.