Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Tokyo Mew Mew
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2023 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
While I'm not a fan of Lettuce, she definitely got a lot of character focus this episode.

That escalated from a day of fun into Lettuce washed ashore on some island. Bet she wasn't expecting her day to go like this. Glad to see this episode take on a more refreshing setting, outside of modern civilization. I also feel like this episode gave more chance for Lettuce's personality to shine. Quite a refreshing episode.
Apr 25, 2023 9:42 AM
Sep 2015
The best episode so far from this anime. Such a beautiful story, even if the ultimate fate is harsh.
It also gives a big hint that those aliens might originally come from Earth.
Apr 25, 2023 10:12 AM

Mar 2014
He said no !?? WTH is wrong with that dude
Apr 25, 2023 12:06 PM

Dec 2013
Poor Lettuce can't get a W, being Lettuce is suffering.
Apr 25, 2023 12:40 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Lettuce episode and I liked the mermaid aspect with the "ask before it's too late" lesson but sadly it didn't work and she got rejected, I felt bad for her she ended up crying :(
Apr 25, 2023 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
The Mew Mews get a briefing on a potential new spot for Mew Aqua, and wanting to impress Ryou, Lettuce goes with him, expecting a date to the newly re-opened Maritime Museum. The earring akin to the Little Mermaid, the real Mew Aqua reveals itself thanks to Kish, though Lettuce herself lands in what seems to be another world.

The elf world with Madeline in tow and being chased by Chiffon to go to space, and the earrings which grant one's wish when a mermaid is sighted, given Lettuce's kindling spirit with her thanks to her affection with Ryou, it's the same for the both of them. In turn, Lettice got transported back to her original world, all recovered, while still holding in her feelings for Ryou, though that moment stops now with her confession to him. And though Ryou is appreciative of it, the Mew Project is first and foremost in his mind, and the story of the Little Mermaid...ends in a sad story state for Lettuce.

Quite the episode, I'll take this over the childish nature of the manga TBH. Easily the best episode of the series thus far focusing on character drama.
Apr 25, 2023 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
BEST.EPISODE.YET.EASILY

- LOVE the original story
 - LOVE that we got to see the "alien" people and how they lived but without immediately jumping to how they're connected to the present, that's great storytelling!
 - LOVE that this was set up in S1 when Retasu had that vision!
 - LOVE the animation and the angles, especially during the climax!

- LOVE the insert song, Juuni sounded amazing! In fact, the music in this episode in general was amazing. Again, the score that played during the climax and during Retasu's transformation was epic and amazing!
 - LOVE that they took the Retasu x Ryo ship somewhere in this adaptation. In the manga there were some weird hints that never actually went anywhere and having Ryo kinda chase Ichigo always felt out of place esp since she already has 2 more invested suitors after her.
 - LOVE LOVE LOVE the moment with Zakuro at the end and her being like an understanding older sister throughout the episode. The girls were never really seen just talking and getting to know each other in the manga outside of the Minto sleep over, so this was honestly amazing and so needed.

This adaptation keeps building on what the manga put in place and making it better, I cannot overstate how much I'm in love with this!
I'm going to rewatch this episode, it was so good! Fantastic even!

The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Apr 25, 2023 2:07 PM

Jan 2012
Was it sesame street episode? I mean two two two two two what two again? Stop using anime as numbering station, p-chantachi! With all those numbers darknet pages are probably overdosed,lol What a pestilence!

also, pokemen L-chan likes are sure weird number 
povsuduvolosyApr 25, 2023 2:13 PM
Apr 25, 2023 3:36 PM
Oct 2020
RedChrome said:
He said no !?? WTH is wrong with that dude
i not so sure he rejected her. he just said that right now he cant give her the answer she wants since he focused on the project
Apr 25, 2023 3:37 PM
Oct 2020
Ashhk said:
Lettuce episode and I liked the mermaid aspect with the "ask before it's too late" lesson but sadly it didn't work and she got rejected, I felt bad for her she ended up crying :(
i  dont think it was rejection he only said he cant give her the answer she wants since he focused on the project
Apr 25, 2023 5:06 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i was waiting for the elf girl to say "Issei" lol
Apr 25, 2023 6:39 PM

Apr 2015
I'm starting to wonder what significance the elf ears of the other characters might be
Apr 25, 2023 10:44 PM

Jul 2019
Man, Big lore drop this episode, so our villains aren't aliens, but ancient Elf/earthlings from an advance civilization that was lost. Interesting. Curious what their current motivation is. 

I gotta be honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the first season, felt kind of slow, and a little too formulaic, But I am really enjoying this season so far, a huge step up from the first. 
Jackson1333Apr 25, 2023 10:48 PM
Apr 26, 2023 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
Crez said:
BEST.EPISODE.YET.EASILY

- LOVE the original story
 - LOVE that we got to see the "alien" people and how they lived but without immediately jumping to how they're connected to the present, that's great storytelling!
 - LOVE that this was set up in S1 when Retasu had that vision!
 - LOVE the animation and the angles, especially during the climax!

- LOVE the insert song, Juuni sounded amazing! In fact, the music in this episode in general was amazing. Again, the score that played during the climax and during Retasu's transformation was epic and amazing!
 - LOVE that they took the Retasu x Ryo ship somewhere in this adaptation. In the manga there were some weird hints that never actually went anywhere and having Ryo kinda chase Ichigo always felt out of place esp since she already has 2 more invested suitors after her.
 - LOVE LOVE LOVE the moment with Zakuro at the end and her being like an understanding older sister throughout the episode. The girls were never really seen just talking and getting to know each other in the manga outside of the Minto sleep over, so this was honestly amazing and so needed.

This adaptation keeps building on what the manga put in place and making it better, I cannot overstate how much I'm in love with this!
I'm going to rewatch this episode, it was so good! Fantastic even!

I agree with everything. The original anime series was more faithful to the manga, but this new adaptation is just a little bit better storywise, and takes the old hints a rather large step forward. Ryo, Retasu and Zakuro all played their parts perfectly in this relationship episode.

Also, Hikasa Yoko as Madeleine. Yeah, let's also add her wonderful voice in an already great episode.
Apr 26, 2023 4:19 PM
Aug 2019
Ooh, this episode was quite interesting, actually! So basically, what Lettuce saw was like a memory or flashback she participated in, right? It's pretty sad that she never got to say what she wanted before passing away :( I wonder if that Chiffon guy was like an ancestor of Shirogane or something, since they looked similar and had the same voice actor too... 

Also, at the end, cheer up, Lettuce! That technically wasn't an outright rejection so she still has an opportunity after they end with that project! I'm not really a super fan of that shipp but if they are happy I wouldn't mind it. Zakuro cheering her up at the end was very cute... also, next episode seems focused on her, too. She is the one we've seen the less so far so i'm curious about it!
Apr 27, 2023 12:31 PM

Aug 2007
Lettuce was my least favourite mew. But I really like this episode. Finally she says what she really feels. I rememberr an episode of the first adaption and nothing happens. And I don't remember what happen in the manga.
Apr 27, 2023 2:56 PM
Jun 2022
I think they did Lettuce more justice in the reboot but still, the new adaptation is strange to me like Lettuce met the other aliens?
Apr 28, 2023 10:10 AM

Oct 2008
i'm impressed with the confession courage of Lettuce! way to go girl! Don't lose hope! be strong! for me you are the most mature of all the mew girls here!
5/5.

Apr 28, 2023 10:19 AM
Mar 2010
Anyone else noticed this little easter egg?
  TMMN EP 16
  TMM EP 34

May 13, 2023 3:08 AM

Jan 2017
This was my first time actually having to admit that Zakuro is pretty cool..
They totally changed her personality for TMMN and I think it's good. 
Previously she was cold and almost boring character with nothing to say, but now her giving Lettuce full support... Ah, girl power.

Jun 9, 2023 10:29 AM
Feb 2021
BerryChanx said:
Anyone else noticed this little easter egg?
  TMMN EP 16
  TMM EP 34

omg yes! I was so happy to see those plushies it made me feel really nostalgic for the original :) glad others noticed it too :D
Jul 6, 2023 2:36 PM
Nov 2015
This was such a good episode. Lettuce was brave to tell Shirogane how she felt.

A piece of me feels like he has feelings for Ichigo though.

my assumption is based of off previous episodes and the original anime.
Mar 12, 5:55 PM
Oct 2021
This adaptation finally did Lettuce some justice with that crush plot point! While it’s definitely different from the source material, I don’t mind this route at all - we finally get real development for the other four girls

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

18 by White_Alice »»
Mar 19, 6:41 AM

» What are some reasons why this is aimed at tween girls?

removed-user - Mar 7

2 by Atsunome »»
Mar 11, 4:19 AM

» Are there any magical girl anime besides Sailor Moon that focuses more on school life than Mew Mew?

removed-user - Feb 3

9 by KuriChestnut »»
Feb 6, 4:45 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2023

9 by JoJoLaRow »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Mew Mew New ♡ 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2023

14 by JoJoLaRow »»
Sep 11, 2023 10:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.