Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Home Hero
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 7, 2023 12:29 PM

Jun 2016
this is so interesting to watch !!

power of family !!
Apr 7, 2023 2:38 PM

May 2009
Looks cheap      
Apr 7, 2023 3:58 PM
Nov 2018
Giving me sort of erased vibes
Apr 7, 2023 8:46 PM

Aug 2016
Good ED, but this has some serious tonal and editing issues. W wife though.
Apr 7, 2023 9:42 PM

May 2016
its a decent ep imo, i like the animation style so far. banger opening & ending, love the drums in the ending

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
MAL Graph

Apr 7, 2023 9:53 PM
Dec 2022
It was pretty good :)
Apr 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Dec 2016
That was an ok start.

The dad seems kinda dull but I'm more curious about the mother. She kinda seems twisted in nature, looking forward to know more about her.
Apr 8, 2023 10:46 AM

Sep 2013
Having Suwabe-san speaking the entire episode is just the eargasm I was in need.

Found Reika a bit weird due to the whole asking her dad a bunch of money for a CD, shouldn't you damn just gift him the thing? Lol. Guess she is the typical only child, the "treasure" of the family, like the father mentioned. The rest, the whole battered syndrome and thinking she could somehow change him, isn't surprising though.

However, that mom/waifu so far seems top grade. You get shit done and you get it done asap. You don't show panic nor appear shaken for a bit; you can save all the stress, self doubt and fear for later when you pretend to be asleep at night. Protect your family at all costs first! Now wonder her and Tetsuo are a couple, aha.

The animation is nothing to write home about as many mentioned, though the story for now seems solid enough to keep watching. This could even be a small tv series.
"A child should be protected by their parents", sure, but that ain't no child, sir, so agreed to disagree.
Apr 8, 2023 12:11 PM

Oct 2008
I’d like to see how this story pans out but this was a painfully mediocre first episode, and I’m pretty sure the rest of the adaption will be this way so…dropped, time to read the manga!
Apr 8, 2023 1:56 PM

Jan 2012
Manga is good. Anime seems on par for now.
Apr 8, 2023 11:19 PM

Aug 2016
I didn't realize it but I've had the manga on my tbr for a while. It's a compelling start to a thriller so this has definitely bumped it up my priority list. I think that says enough about the production value here: it's dreadful. Wouldn't even know where to start pointing out the many, many problems. It's a shame because it doesn't seem like it's the story's fault. Couldn't even finish the episode, but that's in part because I do intend on reading the manga and I had seen enough to know this wouldn't work as a substitute.

Apr 9, 2023 4:45 AM

Jun 2021
It's been a while since I watched some anime with suspense genre and this kind of vibe. It's not bad for a pilot episode. I hope it gets good and keeps me interested as the story unfolds.

2nd episode will come out tomorrow!
RedcherApr 9, 2023 4:51 AM
Apr 9, 2023 6:10 AM
Sep 2020
Why this show is so low-rated?
Apr 9, 2023 8:49 AM
Mar 2021
I just hope it doesnt rush things and end it in a single season. The studio is unknown. Let's see what happens. 1st episode is really decent.
Apr 9, 2023 8:51 AM
Mar 2021
THE333 said:
Why this show is so low-rated?
bcoz it's often overlooked. It will get better rating. These kind of series delivers more with time. It doesnt reveal much . So 1st 2 3 eps would be the build up.
Apr 9, 2023 9:54 PM
May 2021
Damn.
Finally! An anime that's takes shit seriously.
Tetsuo Tosu is my boy, I can relate to this man.
Apr 10, 2023 7:52 AM

Mar 2008
That was a pretty good start id say. 

Damn Tetsuo really went all in there. Probably wasnt best idea to murder the guy without really knowing the full picture or if he's really as bad as he seems he is but with the situation he was in it does make sense it happened since if he had found him first he would have been fucked over.  The wife was a little too uhh calm about everything. 
Apr 10, 2023 9:03 AM
Apr 2021
I'm kinda scared of the mother. Like she was so calm when she saw the scene when the father killed his daughter's boyfriend.
Even though committing a murder is a crime, but I support the father standing up for his daughter. 
This is for the daughter. I just want to say, how did you met your boyfriend. At first, can you not tell what kind of a person he with when you first met him? 
Apr 10, 2023 12:34 PM

Sep 2019
really disappointed, it had a promising premise and everything but the execution from this first ep is just not good, the animation, voice acting, even the intro is off with that god awful editing and jittery animation, the relentless use of flashbacks of things that happened like 2 mins ago, who the hell directed this?

The artstyle is good yes, but why go for that artstyle if the studio isn't capable of animating it properly, a lot of broken perspective, weird animation.

I've seen plenty of anime with bad animation that managed to make me ignore the animation quality thanks to the story but even there this seems to be lacking.

All the characters shown on screen so far have negative IQ, its like a C tier christmas movie type of thing.

Anyways, just for the sake of it I'll give it 2 more eps to get interesting and improve the god awful script and directing i guess. Well the script wasn't entirely bad, the way the daughter reacted to an abusive partner is kinda on point with a lot of abuse victims, but its like they somehow make that seem cartoonish
Carpal_Tunnel69Apr 10, 2023 12:38 PM
Apr 11, 2023 8:04 AM
Mar 2020
why did the daughter ask money in exchange for the song for her dad?? I thought it was because she needed money because the Yakuza was extorting her. But it makes no sense. She was asking for money since she was 15. There was no way she was with him ever since then. Also... They were after inheritance money . doesn't make sense
Apr 12, 2023 8:29 AM
Feb 2018
The weak points:

- The boyfriend was too cartoonishly evil. 
- The mom was alarmingly chill about the situation to the point of not being believable. 
- The daughter seemed unbelievably dense.

Adult cast/seinen titles need more complex characters than that. 

The mixed points:

You can really feel that the person who wrote this is a big-time dad. The desire to protect your family is strong and shown well. However, the fact that everyone but the dad seems to be unbelievably evil, dense or disassociative seems like a satirical take on how out of touch dad's view the world "everyone is dumb or evil except me".

The strong points: 

Tetsuo has a unique/interesting character design. Sort of reminds me of Salaryman Kintaro and/or Hajime no Ippo for some reason. It's an adult cast, heavy show with a rarely seen vantage point: the view point of the parent.
Apr 19, 2023 10:14 PM

Aug 2017
Tetsuo was being a good father looking out for his daughter Reika. When he noticed the bruises on her face, he connected the dots immediately. W dad.
Reika was in complete denial about her boyfriend Nobuto physically abusing her which pissed me off. Just break up with the dude. He doesn't like you.
It was so satisfying seeing Tetsuo smashed Reika's asshole of a boyfriend's head in with a toaster. That bastard deserved to die.
The Yakuza can all go burn in hell.

Apr 23, 2023 9:49 PM

May 2013
I hate it. They disrespected the source material by adapting this so awfully.
Apr 23, 2023 10:17 PM
Sep 2020
Ah, now I can see why the ratings are so low D:

Pretty disappointed that the animation quality isn't the best :(. I was looking forward to seeing this series animated given it's one of my favorite mangas ( ╥ω╥ ). Hopefully it gets better with time but usually the first ep is the animation quality at its best (ಥ﹏ಥ).
Apr 24, 2023 7:51 AM

Jun 2013
I am enjoying the series/plot so far but the animation quality is very reminiscent of low-tier h3nta! quality stuff ngl 

I can't wait to see where this goes and I'll be reading the manga too
臭い-
Apr 26, 2023 4:15 PM
Apr 2023
I like the plot and I think the story can get interesting but the animation and graphic are pour...
May 7, 2023 5:02 PM

Dec 2018
I was totally sleeping on this anime but i'm glad there's one out there that's more real and not another cgdct or romcom or isekai which altogether make up like 80 some percent of anime today. i loved the episode and really connected with the emotions of the dad and the mom is a bad mamma jamma that's simply like "yo lets hide the body". i'm actually quite surprised at the scores here. somehow One Trash gets higher scores than this.
May 13, 2023 6:49 AM
Mar 2021
Looks interesting
Animation not the usual looks not so good but story may get something interesting and entertaining over time
May 18, 2023 6:39 PM
Dec 2019
Terribly directed and written. I don't know how you could mess up a story as basic as this one. A large part of it is the terrible character design for the MC, making him look way more pathetic than he should. There are weird ill-fitting choices like having him make an inappropriate joke upon seeing his daughter's bruises and then crawling on the floor begging her to come back. The yakuza talking in an over the top cartoonishly evil way. The visual flair for the scene where he hits the yakuza with the rice cooker, even though it should've been done in a more mundane way. An overarching problem is that the MC is barely established as a character before we're thrown into the mess, much less a likable/compelling character.
May 21, 2023 8:41 AM
Aug 2012
Great setting for the adult  serious detective series, can't wait to see the whole season. Reminds me of numerous dramas I've watched but in anime world of course
May 21, 2023 10:58 PM

Feb 2021
Her parent did the right thing to protect Her Daughter.
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 23, 2023 5:56 AM
Aug 2017
Epic XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
May 31, 2023 6:33 PM

Oct 2022
OH SHIT THIS IS GOOD!!!! The dad killing him was so badass ANY PARENT WOULD AFTER HEARING THAT CALL, the wife backing him up shows how good their relationship is, she a real goat!!!
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Jun 5, 2023 4:47 PM
Feb 2020
not what i was expecting
i love this show so far
i meant to start watching it when it started airing but never got around to it until today
im probably going to catch up on it today or tomorrow
Jul 8, 2023 12:08 PM
Jan 2017
Terrible execution. Zero build up to anything, doesn't put any effort into making us care about the characters before throwing us into a serious situation. There's no tension or stakes and it's impossible to care about anything that happens.
Sep 10, 2023 12:00 PM

Dec 2008
His wife is a real one
Apr 29, 12:38 PM
Jun 2022
Why Was She Staying With Him ? Don't Know Man , Something About That Pairing Wasn't Right .

RGreatDantonApr 29, 12:43 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2023

112 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 1, 1:02 AM

» Till what chapter is it adapted?

tweetoot - May 19

6 by AnimeFan500 »»
May 22, 8:36 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2023

95 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:10 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2023

120 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 12:59 PM

Poll: » My Home Hero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2023

66 by HanageShinken »»
Mar 5, 4:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.