Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2023 6:56 AM

Jul 2017
As is the penultimate episode's title, The Die Is Cast between revengers: Shishido's vs. Usui Yuen's in the race to drive Nagasaki's opium trade, in or out.

Soji having the brains to ask Usui of Kurima's doing in the past, as well as to tie up any loose ends of whatever was bugging him, it's definitely for the fiancée Yui before she got unceremoniously killed. All is at Hirata Genshin's request because he knew that the CFO of Satsuma, Matsumine Jonoshin, is after his life for bringing in opium to Japan, and the one responsible for the killing action done is the son-in-law before the official marriage with said fiancée, and the deeply bitten koban coin shows that strong vendetta of revenge.

Sadly, Yui was killed before Usui could carry out the revenge on Kurima, and this feels like a job that went unfulfilled until the existence. And Soji wanting to take matters into his own hands, he's forgetting that they're open hands on deck for a full-on revenge plot. For Kurima, being invited by Usui as a Revenger, only to take on a new lease of life as the artist Taishin, forgiving himself of his past transgressions and executing this laborious revenge is the only way he can atone for his sins.

Without further ado, let the Final Act of Revengers begin. Just hoping for a decent ending.
Mar 16, 2023 7:38 AM

Feb 2019
Wow what an episode. Usui keeping that from Kurima all this time was pretty messed up. Can’t believe soji thought about offing his boy too.

I feel like we got some pretty big death flags for kurima and the gang . Hope I’m wrong and that he’s able to live his life just painting and learning to live again. Hype for the finale
Marinate1016Mar 16, 2023 7:45 AM
Mar 16, 2023 9:13 AM
Apr 2019
The finale is coming and instead of being hyped for this epic battle I'm more concerned with how it will end. A lot was revealed in this epsiode and I don't see how it can all end with just one episode, and the finale no less. At the very least I hope the ending is decent enough. 
Mar 16, 2023 12:07 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So Usui was supposed to kill Raizo as an act of revenge carried out by Yui after finding out that her fiancee Raizo killed her father. However, Yui was killed before the Usui could do the job and that's why Usui sparred him. It seems like the Chapel is using the Opium in Nagasaki to fulfill their religious ambitions in Japan. Everything has been building up to the final showdown between the two groups of Revengers which is going to lead to a very bloody finale in which the main cast might not survive.

The Die is Cast, now we just have to see what happens after the smoke clears.
Mar 16, 2023 1:19 PM
Oct 2008
Golden coin from opening was bitten by Yui, nice detail! Next week bloodbath, tbh i think max 2 of Revengers will survive. I hope that Kurima will regain honor and inner Peace before end.
Mar 16, 2023 6:29 PM

Dec 2022
dang that ending was hype maximum
looking forward to the SAMURAI SHOWDOWN!
Mar 16, 2023 6:43 PM
Jan 2018
They explained a lot this episode. Now we know why Usui was so protective of Raizo. Usui is basically the reason Raizo's fiance committed suicide. Even for a hardened killer, that had to be a lot for him to bear.

I really hope they make room for this Road to Perdition villain knockoff to get a nice violent end. Honestly tho, I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of those shows where evil triumphs in the end. Even tho history is pretty clear on what happens next.
Mar 16, 2023 7:17 PM

Apr 2022
wow, yui's voice actor really killed it! top tier voice acting and the whole 'wanting revenge' scene was my favorite scene of this episode.
Mar 17, 2023 2:36 AM
Oct 2019
Damn Usui knew all this time? That's really sad and tragic.
Man what a reveal.

That Ending... Revengers!! Assemble!!
Mar 17, 2023 6:23 PM

Sep 2013
Damnit, wasn't counting at all on the koban being Yui's and her full on hatred for Raizo that led up to her death. And considering how the first episode ended and Raizo's eternal grief and wishes of atonance towards her. Wonder if he'll end up finding the truth...

Just one episode left feels too short to wrap it up nicely. For a cool showdown, a full episode or even two, but then we also gotta see (or would be nice to see) what goes down with the chappel and shishido.
Mar 19, 2023 11:34 AM
May 2015
The voice acting was especially superb in this episode. The track at the end was also a nice fit to the build up of the final episode.
Mar 20, 2023 8:39 AM

Oct 2008
that part when they are walking together and sayin' "we are ribenjiya" was so cool like a season-episode ender lolz!
5/5.

Mar 20, 2023 7:07 PM

Aug 2019
This episode was alright I guess? I was honestly kinda bored for most of the episode :/

Also how is this going to get wrapped up in one more episode?
Mar 26, 2023 8:05 PM
Jul 2021
Again, lots of gut-wrenching stuff to wrestle with in the episode. Not the most nuanced story for sure, but elements of the story got me thinking.
Apr 29, 2023 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
So all of this with Raizo is partly Usui's fault....interesting.

More topics from this board

» Beautiful artwork

Naveen6662246 - Apr 27

4 by Kreshre »»
Apr 28, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Revenger Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Mar 23, 2023

61 by Forum »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:28 PM

Poll: » Revenger Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Feb 16, 2023

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 20, 2023 4:26 AM

Poll: » Revenger Episode 4 Discussion

kuroneko99 - Jan 26, 2023

32 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 18, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Revenger Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2023

109 by AkiFosu »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.