Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 9, 2023 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Most anime that's more than 5 seasons, is a game adaptation or is an isekai.

People saying Uzaki have lost their mind. It's hilarious and has character development and is only 2 seasons long.
Mar 9, 2023 10:27 AM

Oct 2021
Takt op Destiny.. they were basically promoting they're new mobile game by using a collaboration between mappa and madhouse.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Mar 9, 2023 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Probably isekai genre, but some of them are good.
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
🌳                                🌳
🌳     🐝             🦝        🌲   🌳 
🌳      Cursor Nature reserve               🌳
🌳         🦋         🦩      🐕    🌳
🌳                                 🌳
🌳      🐐           🌲       🐧    🌳
🌳                                 🌳
🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
Mar 9, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 2022
Usapz said:
jacoblays said:
It's not surprising that someone with such a limited attention span can't appreciate the masterpiece that is One Piece. While you're too busy craving instant gratification and mindless entertainment, One Piece fans are indulging in a rich and complex world with well-developed characters, intricate plotlines, and epic fight scenes. If you can't appreciate the purpose behind the fight scenes, then maybe you're not intelligent enough to grasp the deeper themes of the series. And if you can't handle the occasional flashback, then perhaps you should stick to watching mindless garbage that doesn't require any real thought or attention. One Piece fans aren't "simple people" who forget about the plot as soon as a shiny creature appears on screen. We have the intelligence and patience to appreciate a series that requires a long-term investment of our time and emotions. If you can't handle the fact that One Piece is a series that demands commitment and investment, then maybe you're just not cut out for it.

The only deep thing in one piece is Nami's asshole.
Wow, what a brilliant and sophisticated observation! I'm sure your contribution to the world of anime will be celebrated for generations to come, or not. Maybe instead of wasting your time making juvenile and crude remarks about a fictional character's anatomy, you could try developing some actual intelligence. But I guess that would be too much to ask from someone with the mental capacity of a garden snail.
Mar 9, 2023 2:36 PM

Aug 2020
Catalano said:
one piece, there is no development ever, just random nonsensical fights for 2 minutes per episodes while the other 20 minutes are flashbacks but hey, one piece fans are simple people, they forget all about it if they see some shiny furry fighting a dragon for 2 minutes a week

This comment is so underrated. I saw it coming.

Mar 9, 2023 2:39 PM

Aug 2020
Like said before, JoJo has been non stop for the last 30 years; so I choose it.

Mar 9, 2023 4:43 PM

Mar 2021
Sonson7 said:
The irony is people didn't completely went bonkers mad because of it. Compared to like how people go mad when every bad marvel TV series and movies drop.
+Reruns in tv channels are innately just happening everytime and Demon Slayer just made a glorified rerun for their movie in TV channels.
And they do probably need money at the time, due the tax evasion stuff.
They only gave it slack because it is a popular anime. But as a theatre experience, the movie was pure dogshit. No excuse for literally including the credits.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26537229/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt
Most of the ratings are 1 star.

If the west tried something like this, critic and audience score will both be worse than adam sandler movies. Objectively speaking, a lot of anime experiences especially for franchise movies are worse experiences than hollywood blockbusters but are given higher ratings cuz we are more lenient on them.
Mar 9, 2023 5:14 PM

Jan 2021
Venucurius said:
The Fate series. TYPE-MOON works are a hit-or-miss, especially when it comes to Fate. It starts off with Fate/Zero, an excellent series with fantastic directing and a superb main cast. Then it moves to the Stay Night routes, which all of them felt really generic and didn't do justice to the heart Zero gave to start the series. Most characters are either Gary-Stus who are taken way too seriously or comic reliefs for the sake of stupidity.

Oh, and don't get me too started on more of Fate's sequels, ESPECIALLY Grand Order. That greenlit was a side story that doesn't tie in with the main plot.
Since when Fate started with Fate/Zero? Fate/Stay Night came out fiirst, Fate/Zero was something done with Urobuchi pulling shit as always and putting it in a Fate series.
Mar 9, 2023 6:56 PM

Feb 2023
Ionliosite2 said:
Venucurius said:
The Fate series. TYPE-MOON works are a hit-or-miss, especially when it comes to Fate. It starts off with Fate/Zero, an excellent series with fantastic directing and a superb main cast. Then it moves to the Stay Night routes, which all of them felt really generic and didn't do justice to the heart Zero gave to start the series. Most characters are either Gary-Stus who are taken way too seriously or comic reliefs for the sake of stupidity.

Oh, and don't get me too started on more of Fate's sequels, ESPECIALLY Grand Order. That greenlit was a side story that doesn't tie in with the main plot.
Since when Fate started with Fate/Zero? Fate/Stay Night came out fiirst, Fate/Zero was something done with Urobuchi pulling shit as always and putting it in a Fate series.
Okay, I'll explain this clearly: When I say that Fate starts with Zero, what I'm referring to is how the overall story begins.

Also, I don't mean to act like this kind of person but just because F/Z is a TYPE-MOON series not written by Nasu himself, doesn't mean it's NOT fully TYPE-MOON or something. I mean... It's kind of like a prologue but in context to Fate's main structures, it does open the magic of the series (by that, I mean the build-up to the story structures).
Mar 9, 2023 7:08 PM

Feb 2016
Venucurius said:
Okay, I'll explain this clearly: When I say that Fate starts with Zero, what I'm referring to is how the overall story begins.

Also, I don't mean to act like this kind of person but just because F/Z is a TYPE-MOON series not written by Nasu himself, doesn't mean it's NOT fully TYPE-MOON or something.
You make it sound like you think Urobuchi inspired Nasu.
その目だれの目?
Mar 9, 2023 7:34 PM

Dec 2015
Venucurius said:
It doesn't though, Zero takes place in a separate universe from F/SN

Mar 9, 2023 7:57 PM
Dec 2022
90s and early 2000s OVA releases from obscure source matarials based on doujin novels or manga.
Mar 9, 2023 8:03 PM

May 2020
if basing on number of OVAs, movies, episodes, merch, gacha, games, etc.:

-Love Live Franchise
-Fate Franchise
-Detective Conan<<Especially in Japan
-One Piece

If basing on popular series that i hate:

-Demon Slayer
-Most mobile game adaptations
-Steins Gate 0
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Mar 9, 2023 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Every battle shounen and isekai anime in existence. Dragon Ball Z and SAO each started a trend of characters that I didn't care for.

Romantic comedy light novels aimed at 15 year-old dweebs like Maburaho also fit right in with overused and oversaturated.

Making millions of different battle shounen anime feels just as recycled as rewriting a DC character's story.
Mar 11, 2023 1:03 AM
May 2020
icefirestone23 said:
Sonson7 said:
The irony is people didn't completely went bonkers mad because of it. Compared to like how people go mad when every bad marvel TV series and movies drop.
+Reruns in tv channels are innately just happening everytime and Demon Slayer just made a glorified rerun for their movie in TV channels.
And they do probably need money at the time, due the tax evasion stuff.
They only gave it slack because it is a popular anime. But as a theatre experience, the movie was pure dogshit. No excuse for literally including the credits.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt26537229/ratings/?ref_=tt_ov_rt
Most of the ratings are 1 star.

If the west tried something like this, critic and audience score will both be worse than adam sandler movies. Objectively speaking, a lot of anime experiences especially for franchise movies are worse experiences than hollywood blockbusters but are given higher ratings cuz we are more lenient on them.

How can you not be lenient towards anime movies anyway, when they are made in like a quarter or even less than a quarter of the production cost of an average animated Hollywood movie and still can make just about as much and now a days, even more than your hollywood animated flick.
Heck even the weird dip wth writing happening in Marvel and DC comics currently is even creeping in towards "big budget" franchise projects.
Say anything about the Mugen Train movie but that was a damn highlight experience in a movie theater during the pandemic, and hardly barely any hollywood movies at that time hardly comes to compete with that experience or at least make the audience rewatch it again despite the current situation
Mar 11, 2023 3:04 AM

Mar 2021
Sonson7 said:
How can you not be lenient towards anime movies anyway, when they are made in like a quarter or even less than a quarter of the production cost of an average animated Hollywood movie and still can make just about as much and now a days, even more than your hollywood animated flick.
Heck even the weird dip wth writing happening in Marvel and DC comics currently is even creeping in towards "big budget" franchise projects.
Say anything about the Mugen Train movie but that was a damn highlight experience in a movie theater during the pandemic, and hardly barely any hollywood movies at that time hardly comes to compete with that experience or at least make the audience rewatch it again despite the current situation
Anime movies rarely hit below 30s and below on rotten tomatoes. The worst I have seen is https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sword_art_online_the_movie_progressive_scherzo_of_deep_night
and that only had a 40% from critics. Anime movies often are way too short at 90 minutes, and lack enough menaingful plot progression like fgo ones. Animation often not worthy of a theatre experience
Mar 11, 2023 4:02 AM
Feb 2022
Usapz said:
jacoblays said:
It's not surprising that someone with such a limited attention span can't appreciate the masterpiece that is One Piece. While you're too busy craving instant gratification and mindless entertainment, One Piece fans are indulging in a rich and complex world with well-developed characters, intricate plotlines, and epic fight scenes. If you can't appreciate the purpose behind the fight scenes, then maybe you're not intelligent enough to grasp the deeper themes of the series. And if you can't handle the occasional flashback, then perhaps you should stick to watching mindless garbage that doesn't require any real thought or attention. One Piece fans aren't "simple people" who forget about the plot as soon as a shiny creature appears on screen. We have the intelligence and patience to appreciate a series that requires a long-term investment of our time and emotions. If you can't handle the fact that One Piece is a series that demands commitment and investment, then maybe you're just not cut out for it.

The only deep thing in one piece is Nami's asshole.
You need some serious help dude.
Your mind is really on the asshole level.
Mar 11, 2023 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
The new Demon Slayer "movie". Even though I watched it in cinema and enjoyed seeing the episodes on a huge screen it didn't really feel like a movie. They just played the episodes without even cutting out the endings. That's a real cash grab. Didn't regret watching it though.
Mar 11, 2023 12:45 PM
Jan 2022
El001 said:
Steins;Gate 0
That was always part of the visual novel
Mar 21, 2023 3:28 PM

Mar 2021
Dragon Ball Super, Boruto, Magia Record, everything Fate after Heaven's feel, everything Love Live after aquors
Every yugioh series after 5ds and especially after zexal and takahashi's death, every pokemon series after diamond and pearl

Also every seasonal that fails to go more than 2 cours is more or less a cash grab
Mar 21, 2023 3:43 PM

Aug 2017
Most isekai, ecchi, CGDCT or horror shows and light novel or video game adaptations.
Mar 21, 2023 7:47 PM

Apr 2015
Looking back at this thread, it's just a bunch of people calling shows of they clearly don't like as "cash grab". 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 21, 2023 7:54 PM

Jun 2020
80% of every airing anime past the year 2018
Mar 23, 2023 4:45 PM
Oct 2016
Takt op destiny comes to my mind. It was basically to promote a mobile that's still not out to this day.  
The whole story seemed like it was adapted from generic gacha game too.
Mar 26, 2023 2:57 AM
May 2020
icefirestone23 said:
Sonson7 said:
Anime movies rarely hit below 30s and below on rotten tomatoes. The worst I have seen is https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sword_art_online_the_movie_progressive_scherzo_of_deep_night
and that only had a 40% from critics. Anime movies often are way too short at 90 minutes, and lack enough menaingful plot progression like fgo ones. Animation often not worthy of a theatre experience

Western audience maybe a bit too spoiled to what "a theater experience" is.
For us in Asia, Of course "Hollywood movies are of a different production scale" compared to what the standard "production value" of a local film.
I mean I see an anime film and still can say the animators definitely made did something more for what they actually got paid for.
About the comparison to Hollywood movies, which are meant to be a "stand alone film", of course anime films that tells a "single arc" within a much bigger series will not always give you a full scope story.
And don't rely too much on rotten tomatoes,lol. Like they usually make fun of critics scores there since in most cases they are really out of touch with the general audiences.
Mar 26, 2023 8:14 AM

Jun 2014
I would say any anime that is adapted from a videogame. Like Ace Attorney or Dangen Ronpa.
Mar 26, 2023 8:16 AM

Sep 2017
The three webtoon adaptations back in 2020

They were all failures, ironically.
Mar 26, 2023 11:00 AM

Feb 2014
Probably the upcoming Lycoris Recoil project.
Mar 26, 2023 11:19 AM
Dec 2021
MadanielFL said:
It's clear to me that people here don't even know what "cash grab" means...
why don’t you explain it the same then? I also don’t know what it means
Mar 26, 2023 11:41 AM

Jul 2021
Absolutely  Seirei Gensouki.
It looks like someone though "Which are the most popular cliches and generic plotpoints people like" and made an anime with that.
Mar 26, 2023 11:42 AM
Mar 2023
Darling in the franxx is literally an autism trap
Mar 26, 2023 11:55 AM

Aug 2020
One Piece.‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

Mar 26, 2023 12:07 PM

Mar 2022
Demon Slayer. It obvious at this point.
Mar 26, 2023 12:08 PM
Feb 2020
Lots of animes feel like a cash grab like isekai animes but boruto is a big example of a cash grab in both anime and manga.
Mar 27, 2023 3:34 AM

Nov 2021
Imoutocore said:
Magic Knight Rayearth
Does it worth watching today (visual quality is not important to me)

Nier automata anime(i think it wasn't necessary)
 and NARUTO(220ep) : the story is fine and the fights are nice but playing the episodes with X2 speed is still slow! half of the episode is just still images!
UP coming genshin impact anime.
ErnestMacelMar 27, 2023 4:40 AM

third picture :re:zero reddit ( [Media] Emilia & Subaru in kimono by@51senre)
Mar 12, 4:57 PM
Aug 2023
Restaurant to another world they show you food to keep you watching the show despite the lack of a single plot per season
Mar 12, 5:18 PM

Aug 2020
If the recap of the anime isn't released in theaters it isn't a cash grab. You don't know cash grab.

Yes, I'm talking to you Kimetsu.

Mar 12, 5:19 PM

Apr 2015
Every season of the FINAL season of AoT
Mar 12, 5:27 PM

Aug 2016
Your favorite anime. Yes, I am talking to you, the one who reads this comment. Your favorite anime is the biggest cash grab ever. Not sorry.
Mar 12, 5:31 PM

Oct 2023
So because something is long-running it's automatically a "cash grab" to most of you?

Tropisch said:
Looking back at this thread, it's just a bunch of people calling shows of they clearly don't like as "cash grab".

He said it, not me.

Mar 12, 5:55 PM

Apr 2019
Kimetsu no yaiba. It's not about the title or the manga per se, but about how the studio approaches it. They constantly release reruns in cinemas and take advantage of the series' popularity just to make more money. Boruto and Dragon ball universe. Forced series with poor quality. Most isekaji that are so bad that it's not worth talking about, but people watch them anyway, so this cycle of their creation repeats...
Mar 12, 6:16 PM

Mar 2024
if we're talking about popular shonen, then definitely boruto and kimetsu no yaiba.

boruto was horrific from the beginning (who knows, maybe we're all just blinded by our childhood nostalgia for naruto or something), but at least kimetsu no yaiba started out good. it felt like it had a soul, like there was actual passion behind it. i picked up the manga right after entertainment district came out, and it just... felt a bit off after mugen train. and that feeling never really went away.

the animation of kny is still excellent in my opinion, but it doesn't have a whole lot else to offer after mugen train, besides some flashy character designs and a fairly unique-looking art style.

as for more forgotten stuff... FLCL: Grunge. the animation is CG even though it is KNOWN for its over-the-top 2D animation, it doesn't capture the spirit of the original (none of the reboots have, imo), and the animation doesn't even look half decent on its own.
Mar 12, 6:20 PM

Dec 2021
That one NFT anime, because no fucking thanks. I don't know or care if the NFTs in the anime are or aren't real, and I don't care to look into it. Even if there's no cash grabbing actually going on, the moment an anime tries to educate me on what an NFT is, I feel like I'm sitting in front of a fucking door to door salesman.
Daviljoe193Mar 12, 6:25 PM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Mar 12, 6:55 PM

Oct 2014
Non canon movies to longrunning shounen are literally just made for quick bucks. Every shounen fan gets excited for like 2 or 3 of them as a child but the lack of importance burns you out of from watching any more of them quickly.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Characters you want to sit on you / in your lap uwu

IpreferEcchi - 12 hours ago

18 by Tropisch »»
14 minutes ago

» I can't believe an anime did this....

LenRea - 4 hours ago

7 by LenRea »»
26 minutes ago

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

98 by princefaking »»
52 minutes ago

» Style of watching

Vapor_AU - 5 hours ago

15 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - 5 hours ago

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.