Forum Settings
Forums

How can I see the date I added an entry to my list? (if I didn't mark an episode as watched)

New
Feb 14, 2023 7:26 PM

Jan 2020
I've been using this site for 3 years but only recently became interested in the Start Date/Finish Date feature. For most of my entries, I can just check the history to see when I watched the first and last episode and complete the dates accordingly. However, there are some entries where I didn't bother to add episodes manually and just updated them twice: to add them to "watching" when I started it and to "completed" when I finished it. Without marking any episodes as watched except the last.

MAL keeps track of the date I added them because they show up on my recent updates, but that info gets deleted the moment I set them to "completed" and doesn't show up in my history either (as I didn't mark any episodes, only the last one). Is there a way to see these dates (again, for entries where I didn't mark episodes individually) or are they lost and I should just move on and forget about it?
Feb 15, 2023 8:23 PM

Sep 2012
You can try this: https://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedaid=37008   Just replace the ID with the Anime you want to check

Sadly apart from this there is no way to know when you made changes as far as I know
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Feb 16, 2023 9:47 AM

Jan 2020
It shows the same info as the history section in "Edit Details" (only episodes watched, and not date added), but thanks anyway since I now have a quicker way to access that info.
May 22, 2023 10:00 PM

Jun 2021
I was gonna suggest Anime Timeline but it's no longer working.

Anyhow, thanks for the tip: https://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedaid=ChangeIDNumberHere
May 26, 10:36 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to IridescentJaune
I was gonna suggest Anime Timeline but it's no longer working.

Anyhow, thanks for the tip: https://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedaid=ChangeIDNumberHere
@valoon @IridescentJaune hey, is there any way to access that info for all anime at once? i want to reconstruct my anime timeline but i dont wanna go one by one
May 26, 12:39 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to Fran
@valoon @IridescentJaune hey, is there any way to access that info for all anime at once? i want to reconstruct my anime timeline but i dont wanna go one by one
@Fran I think accessing all at once isn't possible with that link since it only takes 1 entry.

However, you could code a small programm that fetches the output of the links and works its way through all IDs.

Here's some chatgpt code that might do this:

However this code won't work since it assumes the data is available to the public.
You will have to authenticate your user somehow too for it to work (maybe via cookies).
Either way thats how you could automate that
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
May 26, 4:21 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to valoon
@Fran I think accessing all at once isn't possible with that link since it only takes 1 entry.

However, you could code a small programm that fetches the output of the links and works its way through all IDs.

Here's some chatgpt code that might do this:

However this code won't work since it assumes the data is available to the public.
You will have to authenticate your user somehow too for it to work (maybe via cookies).
Either way thats how you could automate that
@valoon hey thanks for the reply, ill look into that. its kinda unfortunate they dont allow you to get this data easily

do u have that urls equivalent for manga? from what i can tell it only works for anime ids
May 26, 6:12 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to Fran
@valoon hey thanks for the reply, ill look into that. its kinda unfortunate they dont allow you to get this data easily

do u have that urls equivalent for manga? from what i can tell it only works for anime ids
@Fran Yeah, hopefully they add it in the future.

For Manga just change the aid in the url to mid : https://myanimelist.net/ajaxtb.php?keepThis=true&detailedmid=MYID
May 26, 6:57 PM
May 26, 7:01 PM

Nov 2015
Reply to Fran
Fran said:
hey, is there any way to access that info for all anime at once? i want to reconstruct my anime timeline but i dont wanna go one by one
not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for but maybe check it out: [UserScript] MAL Full Watching History
and i guess

that i just don't know
May 26, 7:29 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to cyandaqil
Fran said:
hey, is there any way to access that info for all anime at once? i want to reconstruct my anime timeline but i dont wanna go one by one
not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for but maybe check it out: [UserScript] MAL Full Watching History
@cyandaqil yup thats exactly what i was looking for, thank you so much!

@ShaggyZE damn i didnt know u could do that thats so cool, tho the warning at the start makes me kinda worried lmao is the script smart enough to recognize stuff like rewatches or does it only look for any first and last episode? thanks for the reply!
May 26, 7:49 PM

May 2010
Reply to Fran
@cyandaqil yup thats exactly what i was looking for, thank you so much!

@ShaggyZE damn i didnt know u could do that thats so cool, tho the warning at the start makes me kinda worried lmao is the script smart enough to recognize stuff like rewatches or does it only look for any first and last episode? thanks for the reply!
@Fran I don't think it checks for rewatches, only first and last, nevermind actually it does

there is also https://malheatmap.com/users/ShaggyZE

@EterTC unfortunately if you don't tell mal you watched an episode then theres no way to know, if you watch on PC I recommend taiga.moe or Mal-sync
ShaggyZEMay 26, 8:06 PM

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3476 by WarHorseman »»
3 hours ago

» How to import .txt anime list exported from 9anime?

EmeraldEmolga - Nov 9, 2021

5 by OPPIE-TESSY »»
Yesterday, 6:11 AM

» Is there a way to recover Interest Stacks from removed users?

dadnaya - Jun 22

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 22, 10:51 PM

» Episode Discussions keep taking longer and longer to appear on the app after an episode is out.

Cestlavie_ - Jun 22

0 by Cestlavie_ »»
Jun 22, 12:01 PM

» Related Entries Breaks Search

ScarletCelestial - Jun 20

0 by ScarletCelestial »»
Jun 20, 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.