Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2023 2:36 PM
Viking Gnome

Dec 2018
So the battle with the power-boosted monster ends quickly, as expected, with Ray slicing it in two with the help of his friends, not that he needed it.

Then we jump right from the end of that practical exercise to him visiting his teacher Ainsworth, before again jumping to him back at school, having a day off.

I'm not sure how much time has passed here at all, or anything along those lines, but I suppose it's happening over a few days, maybe.

Some clarification would have been nice...

Anyways, we then see Ray go out with Elisa, as some sort of pseudo-date, where they end up meeting Claris as well and they have lunch together. He later, by happenstance, meets Amelia right as the other two leave, and then spends some time with her changing clothes and complimenting her on her appearance, etc.

The amount of poetic prose Ray nonchalantly uses with all of the girls, basically sweeping them off their feet while being smoother than butter is frankly entertaining and funny, weirdly so.

They make it so suave and over the top it's stupid, but still fun enough to watch.
He claims to not have a lot of knowledge of human interactions or emotions, but god damn he is emulating it very well.

I am not sure what this episode was supposed to be about, as it seems mostly like a filler episode where nothing much of importance happens, just some exposition and romantic developments.

He explains he now has these good friends and relationships after starting at the academy, but didn't he just start a couple of weeks prior? How have these things developed so quickly? What happened in between with development that no one told us about?

It seems to me this anime keeps on assuming things have happened, without showing or explaining to us exactly what or why, as well as making developments like close friendships happen effectively overnight when it would realistically take much longer or at least some specific event to build such bonds.

It's not that I think the anime is bad overall, it just seems to skip a lot of things I would have liked to see so everything makes sense and the show feels more fluid and realistic in the world it's set in.

This is especially weird as most of this episode is just filler and did not need to be there, outside of the comic release I suppose. Anyhow, they could have spent much of this episode developing characters and plot instead of doing this 'day off' filler-esk episode that is just there to stall for time or whatever its purpose is.

I am not overly impressed with how the show is handling a lot of things right now, but I am still as a whole enjoying it, so I will keep on watching it to get some more entertainment out of it. The best part of this show is the humor so far, but I hope the power fantasy aspects will creep in within the next episodes also.

Jan 23, 2023 7:42 AM

Oct 2017
Like Ray's master, she's a nice woman.
Jan 27, 2023 8:51 AM

Oct 2008
oh! is that the cousin of Ryuk?!? BWAHAHAH
4/5.

Feb 2, 2023 12:57 PM

Jun 2015
I had been thinking of a ton of stuff about how daft some of the dialouge or at leasts its translation was this eps, but by the time I got to the end of the eps all I could think about was how Ray is a total pimp daddy and hes going to have a harem quick stat with his widely exaggerated complimenting of the fillies.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Feb 3, 2023 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
This anime is crap but I still enjoy it
Feb 4, 2023 6:19 PM
Feb 2021
this whole anime is as if an AI made it not
Feb 10, 2023 6:30 AM
Mar 2018
well in this episode it seems like this is gonna be a stupid harem that they might fill soon with stupid fan service for only single males. these are the anime that make he really hate anime now wast of my time
Feb 12, 2023 8:54 PM
Oct 2019
What the heck was this episode? Like a totally different show than the first 2 episodes. Corny af and uninteresting. 
Mar 13, 2023 2:28 AM
Jul 2018
Nice, finally more focus on the girls.
cry
Mar 28, 2023 10:38 PM

Nov 2009
Elisa picked a REALLY big Book huh...

Meanwhile Ray got a normal sized book, looks tiny when put next to that big book.

Elisa also dressed up, but I think her regular hair style is cuter.

___ ___ ___

And then dude just sprout out non-stop flirting words to introduce the girls... really dude? was that really needed? couldn't just do a normal intro huh...

Then after, he did the same thing to describe Amelia's dress up.

Which Amelia had Ray go out with her...

Dude's really building that Harem.

___ ___ ___

amlgMar 28, 2023 10:44 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 15, 2023 10:20 PM
Aug 2021
Claris probably my favorite character in the show so far.
Apr 20, 2023 10:35 PM
Feb 2019
As vezes nem é necessário ver tudo para seber que é ruim.

Mas se esta a procura de um anime generico, superficial e tem luta (com a animação baixa/mediana) ELE É PERFEITO.

Mas assiste ai para tirar tua conclusão
Jun 17, 2023 4:00 AM
Dec 2022
Life at the academy continues with more details of Ray's life and the his new found friends.
Jun 29, 2023 1:24 PM

Apr 2013
I sure hope nothing happens to that Al guy. It's just not an episode if he's not saying "Tch!" at least once or twice.
May 3, 2:22 AM
Jun 2022
Done For Good Now , Sayonara Iceblade!
May 23, 8:26 AM

Nov 2019
Why did this episode play out like those high school roleplaying games where you try to juggle different girls. So cringy

Apart from that we know that MC’s master is the person who wrote the books Elisa and two tails are reading. And that the master was the predecessor to ice blade sorcerer.
We also learn that MC lost his powers and it will take 5 years to recover, maybe he was discharged from the military for that reason.

Other than that, his angry teammate needs to relax. He’s going to pop a vein at the level he’s been stressed out to.
Bad episode not going to lie, that dating thing could’ve been skipped
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2023

48 by katakumplat »»
Jun 2, 9:42 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2023

52 by katakumplat »»
Jun 1, 8:11 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

78 by ST63LTH »»
May 24, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Mar 9, 2023

28 by ST63LTH »»
May 24, 3:28 AM

Poll: » Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2023

37 by ST63LTH »»
May 23, 10:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.