Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2022 12:35 AM

May 2020
With Shigeo's English VA gone (and possibly others as well), I cant really justify watching this show dubbed anymore. I originally watched it dubbed because it had already aired, and the dub was fairly decent. But now with it airing weekly and the dub weeks behind, I dont think theres much reason to watch it dubbed

Oct 6, 2022 12:52 AM

Mar 2021
Ok. Thank you for sharing it with us though it wasnt really helpful
Oct 6, 2022 12:57 AM

May 2020
V1P3R0P said:

u living under a rock? how did u not know the va was changed lol
Oct 6, 2022 12:58 AM

Mar 2021
CickNipolla said:
V1P3R0P said:

I did not know because I do not care.
V1P3R0POct 6, 2022 1:02 AM
Oct 6, 2022 12:58 AM

Oct 2019
Well, I just watched ep 1 dub, and while I am mad about the change, the replacement does sound fairly close. you notice it but it's not a drastic change.

+ the main reason I love the dub is reigen, and he is as great as ever

the real simulcast is a huge + too.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 6, 2022 1:00 AM
Nov 2021
Well it’s actually being simuldubbed so idk what you’re on about saying it’ll be weeks behind. I’m gonna stick with the dub, I started sub but really fell in love with the dub upon rewatch so I can’t really switch back. Even with Mob’s VA being changed, it’s not a drastic change, the voice is still similar to the last just a little deeper and it honestly makes it feel like Mob grew so I’m not switching back.
Oct 6, 2022 1:12 AM

May 2020
V1P3R0P said:
CickNipolla said:

> 1.5k forum posts in a year
> apparently doesnt care enough about anime stuff

hmmmmmm
Oct 6, 2022 1:14 AM

May 2020
Apolygon2 said:
Well, I just watched ep 1 dub, and while I am mad about the change, the replacement does sound fairly close. you notice it but it's not a drastic change.

i mean you can tell they are trying their hardest to sound just like the old VA, which isnt possible. no 2 people can sound the same.
Oct 6, 2022 1:18 AM

Oct 2019
CickNipolla said:
Apolygon2 said:

i mean you can tell they are trying their hardest to sound just like the old VA, which isnt possible. no 2 people can sound the same.

True, like I said, I'm still mad about it.

I just don't think the situation is bad enough to switch after 2 seasons.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 6, 2022 1:48 AM

Dec 2020
CickNipolla said:
V1P3R0P said:

> 1.5k forum posts in a year
> apparently doesnt care enough about anime stuff

hmmmmmm

I mean just because someone has forum posts doesn’t mean they have to know everything especially about dub VAs because idk about him but I am a sub watcher so I wouldn’t care or know about dub VAs

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓯𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓿𝓪𝓵𝓾𝓮.
𝓘𝓷 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓫𝓮𝓻𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓶𝓹𝓽 𝓽𝓸 𝓫𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵,
𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓰.

Oct 6, 2022 1:56 AM

Mar 2018
CickNipolla said:
With Shigeo's English VA gone (and possibly others as well), I cant really justify watching this show dubbed anymore. I originally watched it dubbed because it had already aired, and the dub was fairly decent. But now with it airing weekly and the dub weeks behind, I dont think theres much reason to watch it dubbed

I won't be switching—but I won't be supporting it by watching it legally either. Usually I have a hard line stance against pirating, but in this case I'm making an exception.
Oct 6, 2022 1:57 AM

Jan 2013
My gut reaction is that the original VA isn't good enough for this to even matter, but then again I'm not a dub watcher for this one, so yeah.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Oct 6, 2022 1:58 AM

May 2020
LostSpectre said:
My gut reaction is that the original VA isn't good enough for this to even matter, but then again I'm not a dub watcher for this one, so yeah.

most people agree that the mob psycho dub is better than the sub thankfully
Oct 6, 2022 3:51 AM
May 2021
CickNipolla said:

no dub is airing along with the sub check crunchyroll carefully.
Oct 6, 2022 3:56 AM
Feb 2022
Been rewatching lately just for fun and also so that I could get used to sub, I love the dub more and will definitely miss at least Shigeo’s VA but the sub is also really good
Oct 6, 2022 5:23 AM
Nov 2021
German dub didn't change any important VA so I'm gonna stick to dub
Oct 6, 2022 7:54 AM
Jan 2022
I attempted to watch it dubbed but I noticed right away the difference. And I just couldn’t watch it. So I just watched subbed.
Oct 6, 2022 8:02 AM
Sep 2021
Definitely noticed the difference and was disappointed but I love Reigen’s dub va. I may check out the sub and see but might just tough out the dub 🤷🏽
Oct 6, 2022 8:53 AM

Feb 2020
LAMO one VA has changed, if u change to sub all VA will be changed. On top of that how much do u think mob talks in mob psycho lol
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Oct 6, 2022 10:01 AM
Oct 2020
Dub is not a week behind on CR
Oct 6, 2022 10:10 AM
May 2011
I am. It's not much (I'm still subbed to CR) and it won't amount to anything, but it makes me feel good about myself.
Oct 6, 2022 11:03 AM
Jan 2021
by weeks behind you mean not behind at all right?
Oct 6, 2022 11:54 AM

Jan 2022
Just based off the first episode, I would describe the Dub experience as "Good enough". Like if you listen closely, you can tell it isn't Kyle McCarley. The new guy is close enough though where it isn't too jarring for me and I think I just need to get used to it.

Plus its an easier adjustment than switching over to subs. I want to be able to focus on the gorgeous animation this series is known for rather than multi tasking with reading subs.
-insert NGE meme here-
Oct 6, 2022 12:40 PM

Aug 2017
NorthmostIsle said:
Just based off the first episode, I would describe the Dub experience as "Good enough". Like if you listen closely, you can tell it isn't Kyle McCarley. The new guy is close enough though where it isn't too jarring for me and I think I just need to get used to it.

Plus its an easier adjustment than switching over to subs. I want to be able to focus on the gorgeous animation this series is known for rather than multi tasking with reading subs.

i just watched ep 1 dubbed now and honestly the new actor does the job. i mean sure it's not as before but we gotta accept it at this point.
Oct 6, 2022 2:29 PM

Sep 2020
I chose to watch the dub because of Reigen's VA. If I discovered Mob Psycho back when it was airing I probably would've watched the sub and not even bothered with the dub. I watched the first episode of season 3 in sub and It was great. I'm gonna stick with it. I'll watch the dub when It starts airing.

EDIT. ooh I didn't know dubs drop this quickly. I thought It would take like three months.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Oct 6, 2022 3:39 PM
Nov 2019
I'll give the 1st episode dub a go but honestly no matter how good of a replacement it is, I may just switch to sub. Mainly cause of the shitty reason crunchyroll decided to recast in the first place and I don't wanna support their shitty actions, and supposedly mob isn't gonna be the only recast so that's just gonna rub even more salt in the wound
Oct 8, 2022 4:46 AM
• Mafumafu Fan •

Apr 2018
Thread cleaned, please refrain from going off topic

AMQ: StephWeeb
Discord: drsteph
Join me on AnimeMusicQuiz!
Oct 12, 2022 1:23 AM
Feb 2021
I'll go with the dub. don't feel like switching. the dub was so good and it's also not a week behind so I'll stick with dub.
Oct 12, 2022 5:24 AM

May 2009
Why would anyone want to watch awful dub?
Oct 12, 2022 11:59 AM
Oct 2015
watching both because I love MP that much, but starting with sub this time, before I used to do dub first then sub.
Oct 13, 2022 1:49 AM
Oct 2019
CickNipolla said:

Didn't notice any difference. Don't really care, personally. (I don't tend to get caught up in dub v sub stuff.)

That said, I might stop watching the dub... because I'm not enjoying this this season.

"Dog water", eh?
Oct 17, 2022 5:41 PM

Jun 2016
I'm ... not sure what I'll do here. As someone else said changing one voice actor is still better than changing all the voice actors by switching to the sub. However whenever I hear Mob's voice I'll end up thinking of this situation and be incredibly annoyed (potentially ruining my immersion). I'll have to watch it and see. I don't really want to change because I don't like Takahiro Sakurai as Reigen (it was the reason I dropped this series, that later went on to be one of my favourites) but I may be left with no other choice.

The dub is decent, but it's not a dub I turn to because it's good but rather because I don't like the sub. Like Steins;gate, rather than Haruhi and Ghibli movies.

Anyway, one thing's for sure I'm sure as hell not giving Crunchyroll any money again though.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2022

625 by KoolKidBobby »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2022

163 by SatanicAngel25 »»
May 26, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2022

240 by jaesverse »»
May 26, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Which season of Mob Psycho 100 do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - Apr 16

28 by JVskunkape »»
May 19, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 III Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2022

354 by nauticas »»
May 12, 9:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.