Forum Settings
Forums

That Slice of Life Show You Want to Talk About

New
Sep 15, 2022 9:30 PM
Jul 2020
There are many slice of life anime that I have watched and I enjoyed most of them. But I show that I hold very near to my heart is Amaama to Inazuma. Is this the best slice of life show? No. It isn’t. However, it is a good one and thus I recommend it to everyone. I watched the show for the first time back in late 2016. It was a time when I was just getting into anime. The circumstances that I had to survive in weren't too good either at that point in time. But this show helped me pull through. Yes, some people have shared the opinion that Tsumugi can somewhat annoying at times. But that doesn't derail the show in my opinion. And children are supposed to be like this. But anyways, if you haven't watched it, then please do give it a try. I really wish it got a sequel show. I would love to revist that show again. So, what is the slice of life show that you want to talk about?
Sep 15, 2022 9:51 PM

Sep 2022
Amaama to Inazuma actually looks very interesting. I'm gonna give it a read now!
Sep 15, 2022 9:53 PM

Sep 2022
skip and loafer is gonna come out soon from P.A. Works and for some reason i am more excited about that then any other upcoming anime
.................................................................................................MURI!!.................................................................................................DAME!!
Sep 15, 2022 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
You guys should try nichijou, one of the best produced sol comedy I've ever watched
Sep 15, 2022 10:02 PM
Dec 2017
Genshiken and Bakuman are alot of fun to watch.

Sep 15, 2022 10:06 PM
Dec 2019
I want to discuss the best show of last year, the aquatope on the white sand

characters 9/10

plot 10/10

art 10/10

music 8/10

Amazing character writing intertwined with a slow evolving enriching plot

Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Sep 15, 2022 10:12 PM

Sep 2020
Yama no susume, it has a similar vibe to Yuru camp and it's really amazing, but it's not that well-known.
Sep 15, 2022 10:17 PM

Mar 2022
given is my fav SoL anime, and 3rd fav SoL series #1 being goodnight punpun (manga) and #2 being i sold my life for 10000 yen per year.
it just hit really close to my heart and i have lost count of how many times i've rewatched its ep 9, i absolutely adore it.

the other 2 are just made in heaven, i will never shut up if i start praising them.
Sep 15, 2022 10:25 PM
Aug 2021
Shiroi Suna no Aquatope uwu >//3//<
Sep 15, 2022 11:27 PM

Dec 2014
banished from hero's party tbh, it may sound stupid but hear me out, the sol / romance aspect of this anime was top notch, if it didn't have the sister arc which no one gave a shit about and some other pointless side stories which i dont even remember and purely focused on sol-rom it would have been a solid 9/10 for me at least.

Sep 15, 2022 11:57 PM

Sep 2019
Yuru Camp and Non Non Biyori, of course, as they're my favorites.

I would also include A Place Further Than The Universe (if that counts), Natsume Yuujinchou (not sure if this should be labeled as SoL), Barakamon, Girls' Last Tour, and others.

I enjoy Iyashikei/SoL/Comedy in general.
Sep 16, 2022 12:09 AM

Jun 2022
Kamichu!
It's so heartfelt and well done. Almost a Ghibli feel to it.
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Sep 16, 2022 12:21 AM

Oct 2010
amanchu because every episode has hot girls in bikini, now this is the slice of life that I want
Sep 16, 2022 12:28 AM

Jun 2022
Catalano said:
amanchu because every episode has hot girls in bikini, now this is the slice of life that I want

Not to be that guy but you should look at their ages.. Good anime anyways, Kozue Amano and Junichi Sato delivered once again
Sep 16, 2022 12:28 AM
Aug 2021
i think i'd also include Tada Never Falls in Love.
Sep 16, 2022 12:33 AM

Feb 2020
My top 10 SoL:

Yuru Yuri
Tanoshii Muumin Ikka
Love Live!
Gochiusa
Natsume Yuujinchou
K-On!
Non Non Biyori
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Kiniro Mosaic
Long Riders!
Sep 16, 2022 12:36 AM

Oct 2010
TheNextDoor said:
Catalano said:

Not to be that guy but you should look at their ages.. Good anime anyways, Kozue Amano and Junichi Sato delivered once again

I prefer to look at their tits and asses, thank you
Sep 16, 2022 12:51 AM

Jul 2012
Non Non Biyori. I like how the cast are of different age compared to other SoL CGDCT. It kinda reminds me of my own childhood playing outside with some older and younger kids.
nani7020 :]
Sep 16, 2022 1:18 AM

May 2021
Hyakko

Amanchu!

Encouragement of Climb

A-Channel

Takunomi

Waiting in the Summer

Magical Meow Meow Taruto

Flip Flappers

Mahoromatic

After School Dice Club

Bottle Fairy

To Heart

The World of Narue

Probably a lot more then just the ones above.
Sep 16, 2022 1:25 AM

Jun 2022
VampireLord1024 said:

Flip Flappers

Flip Flappers isn't even slice of life. Where did you get that from that it is?
Sep 16, 2022 10:16 AM

May 2021
TheNextDoor said:
VampireLord1024 said:

Flip Flappers

Flip Flappers isn't even slice of life. Where did you get that from that it is?

You're telling me something that I already know, but there's no harm in listing non slice of life anime in this forum, so there was no need to quote me.
Sep 16, 2022 10:27 AM

Jul 2021
Slow loop. It's kind of underrated in my opinion. It's got fishing, CGDCT, heart-warming and wholesome moments, relaxing atmosphere, comedic scenes that are timed great, good reaction faces that will always make the scene better, good OST, cute moments. Everything you look for in a SoL. Everyone should give it a try.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 16, 2022 7:03 PM

Sep 2021
TsutanaiFuun said:
Slow loop. It's kind of underrated in my opinion. It's got fishing, CGDCT, heart-warming and wholesome moments, relaxing atmosphere, comedic scenes that are timed great, good reaction faces that will always make the scene better, good OST, cute moments. Everything you look for in a SoL. Everyone should give it a try.

I've had that on my list for a while, I'll definitely try it out! It seems like it might fill the Yuru Camp△ void I've been feeling, just a little bit.

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Sep 16, 2022 7:11 PM
Mar 2021
Teasing Master Takagi-san. It's not obscure or anything, but I feel like it should be way more popular than it is. the vibes are immaculate. It's made with such a care and sense of place. I guess the central dynamic can be grating for people at the beginning, but the more you understand these two are early adolescents with communication and emotional maturity issues, the more it makes sense. and when stuff actually starts to happen, it just hits like a truck, because of all those little moments. and then season 3 is just straight up GREAT because it continues all the good stuff from the first two seasons, but with a definite sense of progression.
There's just not really anything else quite like it. It's got an innocence and grace to it. maybe because the characters are just at the right age to start to have ideas, but not in high school territory so they're not being giant weirdos yet. Tsuki ga kirei kind of hits the same spot.
Sep 16, 2022 8:16 PM

May 2022
smoltulip said:
TsutanaiFuun said:

I've had that on my list for a while, I'll definitely try it out! It seems like it might fill the Yuru Camp△ void I've been feeling, just a little bit.
Slow loop was great, Rin from Yuru camp reminded me of Hiyori from slow loop. I can’t wait to see the Yuru camp movie!

More topics from this board

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

109 by Ahegyao »»
3 minutes ago

» Favorite anime spring 2024

ani2016 - Jun 10

22 by billybub »»
6 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

33 by Timeline_man »»
21 minutes ago

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - Today

25 by AcD4c »»
47 minutes ago

» A character who is impossible to love?

torsan88 - Jun 6

42 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.