Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 14, 2022 12:32 PM
Aug 2022
NextUniverse said:
WilfredJohnson said:
If this isn’t peak fiction then nothing is. Peak ≠ perfect. Peak is what is at the top

Peak shouldn't have bad animation tho???

depends. i think great story takes precedence over animation.
Aug 14, 2022 1:35 PM
May 2022
NextUniverse said:
WilfredJohnson said:
If this isn’t peak fiction then nothing is. Peak ≠ perfect. Peak is what is at the top

How is the animation bad? The first 3 seasons were animated beautifully and even with the shit schedule MAPPA did a really good job with the first part and the second part was amazing. AOT doesn't need good animation to become a masterpiece as its not carried by animation unlike a certain show that no one likes.
Aug 14, 2022 5:47 PM

Feb 2021
Not even close. This is literally an eternal champion clone ( and also a muv luv clone).
Aug 14, 2022 5:52 PM

Feb 2021
Khalil04 said:
NextUniverse said:
Seriously guys, AOT is kinda really good, but as with my other thread, I am constantly reminded of so many negative aspects in this anime that are inexcusable.

The animation is undoubtedly one thing that makes this less peak, but also the fact that these characters and writing make everything "realistic" seem a little wrong. Like how no one in this anime is right but the anime makes it look like there are good guys just because they go against Eren. Also, characters throwing what they value on the spot lol.

Ngl, I don't remember most of this season very well if I am honest. Dunno what that means entirely. I will leave that for you to decide.

What do you think tho?

First of all, why would you talk about something you don't remember correctly?
Because AOT has NEVER been about good guys Vs bad guys, nor did it try to show you that one side is superior than the other one by any means, because both sides have more than enough reasons to justify their decisions, therefore you shouldn't take a side and ignore the other one

That being said, AOT can be easily considered as peak fiction for many reasons, the amount of realisms, symbolism, deep messages and philosophical themes it has is rarely matched in any medium, sure there's some other great examples of unique works like AOT, and they also deserve to be called peak fiction in their genres, but when you have : top tier and consistent animation from first ep till the last one, great voice acting for well written cast and unique MC, amazing plot twists with perfect soundtracks and direction, and last but not least a masterful plot writing that keeps upgrading until its conclusion
Now usually most of the shows have one or two at best of these elements, so after all that why AOT wouldn't be peak fiction?

My guy we have the avengers vs the evil eren hitler… I think the writer did justify one side.

Here is a small fun fact:
Levi had no problem cooperating with Annie in s4 p2 even though she murdered his whole squad and friends… and his future wife…. Peak writing ladies and gentlemen 💀🤡
Aug 14, 2022 8:51 PM
Apr 2020
elderonn said:
Khalil04 said:

First of all, why would you talk about something you don't remember correctly?
Because AOT has NEVER been about good guys Vs bad guys, nor did it try to show you that one side is superior than the other one by any means, because both sides have more than enough reasons to justify their decisions, therefore you shouldn't take a side and ignore the other one

That being said, AOT can be easily considered as peak fiction for many reasons, the amount of realisms, symbolism, deep messages and philosophical themes it has is rarely matched in any medium, sure there's some other great examples of unique works like AOT, and they also deserve to be called peak fiction in their genres, but when you have : top tier and consistent animation from first ep till the last one, great voice acting for well written cast and unique MC, amazing plot twists with perfect soundtracks and direction, and last but not least a masterful plot writing that keeps upgrading until its conclusion
Now usually most of the shows have one or two at best of these elements, so after all that why AOT wouldn't be peak fiction?

My guy we have the avengers vs the evil eren hitler… I think the writer did justify one side.

Here is a small fun fact:
Levi had no problem cooperating with Annie in s4 p2 even though she murdered his whole squad and friends… and his future wife…. Peak writing ladies and gentlemen 💀🤡

Yeah that's the most superficial understanding anyone can have, and it's cringe NGL
Levi wasn't happy with teaming up with Anny and you can clearly see that in ep 10, it's not like he can kill her either since he's injured a lot, but overall he wants to save humanity so he doesn't have time for this obviously, not to mention that Levi isn't someone who still lives in the past (it's not like he can do that Optionally anyways), bro overcame Irwin's death, so why shouldn't he do the same for his squad especially when he needs to?
Aug 15, 2022 9:12 AM

Feb 2021
Me typing here is the equivalent of the average youtuber artificially extending a video's lenght to the 10mins mark for ads revenue just to say... No.
"The sun rises today and sets again. A flower that bloomed in the morning, falls from its stem. The sun sets today and rises again. Flowers bloom to fill the land, but not the flowers of yesterday..."

Aug 15, 2022 10:18 AM
Jun 2022
Hail_h1tler said:
Killer-King said:
Peak Garbage for sure.
thats ok kids like you aint gonna understand aot plot anyway just watch jojo with its repetitive and trash plot
tell Him Bro 😉 Aot suprémacy IS a fact not an opinion
Aug 15, 2022 1:44 PM
Jun 2020
Aot is the definition of a show that needed to end way before now. Before 4th season aot was a good shonen wit animated it well music was great and the story something i never really cared for was good enough to keep me watching. But everything changed when Mappa took over the show went from one of the best shonens of the 2010s to something that to me is almost unwatchable. You take away the good art, the animation, and slow down the pacing of the show Mappa's big mistake was making the plot of aot the core of the show because now its flaws are way more apparent and it has now made me. drop the show. I don't care much about the aot characters they are pretty one dimensional and eren who people praise to be some deep character is just inconsistent in his actions to me that he is just as bad as every other character in this show. This is not peak fiction not even close this was a good show being brought down to borderline unwatchable
Aug 15, 2022 2:09 PM

Aug 2022
some of ya'll really need to broaden your horizons. Within anime there is already better fiction than AoT, expand the scope to manga and AoT is nowhere near peak, expand the scope further to mediums other than anime/manga and AoT is in the fucking abyss.
Aug 16, 2022 5:17 AM
Mar 2022
elderonn said:

The symbolism is that you need to get over revenge for the world to be saved, as for execution, it's lacking now because the author's saving it for later, so you can judge it by then.
Aug 16, 2022 5:20 AM

Jan 2009
nah but it is still very good imo
Aug 16, 2022 8:34 AM
Jun 2021
NextUniverse said:
WilfredJohnson said:

great to see that bait accounts are still active on this forum
Aug 16, 2022 10:42 PM
Aug 2021
PEAK FICTION!!!!!!!
Aug 17, 2022 6:21 PM

Nov 2014
Yes. No other show has ever reached AoT level of character development, story telling, worldbuilding, writing, popularity, plot twists, animation, soundtrack, and etc. Sure lots of shows are good at one or two of these but can you name a single one that has done well in all of these aspects?
Aug 18, 2022 4:15 PM

May 2009
Not after manga shat itself.
Aug 19, 2022 1:09 AM
Feb 2021
I didnt like Aot Post the reveal.

Erens character was never great, but i absolutely hate him now. He is responsible for so much Bullshit, he killed 80 percent of humanity , his charactee got even worse in the ending, i dont even know how that was even possible. I feel like people like him because he is cooler and "evil" , but writingwise, i feel like he is obnoxiously bad.
Aug 23, 2022 9:22 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked for not encouraging meaningful discussion.

Anime/Manga Discussion Rules 2. Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage meaningful and/or civil discussion. Examples include:

g. categorizing generalized opinions as popular/unpopular
e.g. Why does everyone like/hate ___, Why is studio ___ so hated, Post your unpopular opinion about ___, etc.
These threads are designed to assign people into black/white categories which then instigate wars between each "side". Either use the overrated/underrated thread or think carefully about what it is you want to discuss and avoid generalizing.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 20, 2022

282 by DeepBlue42 »»
Jun 10, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 30, 2022

545 by BUDDERBRADY »»
Jun 5, 4:30 AM

» Is Armin useless?

sadpotatoh - Mar 23, 2022

32 by escarabajo »»
Jun 4, 7:40 PM

» Isayama is a literal God of storytelling. ( 1 2 )

Piromysl - Jan 30, 2022

59 by Piromysl »»
May 19, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Apr 3, 2022

540 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.