Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2022 9:20 AM

Jan 2018
no i didn't. love is commitment, not showing off how happy i am.
May 29, 2022 9:25 AM

Sep 2018
Think it was mandatory, so I had to go. Family probably would have been pretty pissed if I didn't anyway, considering the reaction to me not wanting to go to my graduation when I got my associate's.
♪ MAL card collector and anime challenge enjoyer
♫ My alignment is Chaotic Stupid™

Anime Challenges
Card Collection
DELIVER HERE!
May 29, 2022 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
I'm surpised that so many of you actually skipped the high school graduation ceremony, even though it's just a formality, to me it would have felt a bit odd to not go. It was uneventful for sure but my relatives probably liked seeing me recieve my finals diploma and put the matriculation cap on. We also did a group photoshoot afterwards with all the graduates which was kind of nice.

I didn't attend any afterparties with other students though, if there even were any. The people I hanged with in high school weren't the party-going type either and I'm not either so I don't feel like I missed out on much.
May 29, 2022 10:10 AM
Oct 2020
we were all in the assembly hall with our families and were called individually forth. then we shook the hand of the principal and got our certificates. then it was over. i had to wear a suit. my mother wanted to go eat somewhere in a restraurant after it and so i had to wear it for longer.

i skipped alot of things like what people in the us call prom for example but not that. my mother was angry with me for not wanting to go to the party. would have been hard to convince her not to go to this too.
May 29, 2022 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
Yes, but not in formal clothes and just on my own, unlike most others. Was hoping to play some table tennis games with a few others afterwards like how it had been agreed on (hence why I didn't bother with formal clothes), but in the end, it was just getting the certificate, hearing some words about yourself and then, I just went home

I did attend the 10 year's anniversary, though
May 29, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2016
Hmm, well even if I wanted to go to the ceremony I couldn't. I graduated in 2020 which meant my the ceremony was canceled completely...
May 29, 2022 6:51 PM

Jul 2013
I dropped out of high school in favor of a GED and Associates Degree, so no.

I dropped out of high school because the whole school sucks at teaching math to kids. Professor Leonard is way more competent at teaching math than all those amateurs labeled as my algebra teachers back in Marietta High. I'm not even a Masters Degree or PhD holder and I already know Calculus 2.

Public education in America is a joke and they're still feeding kids garbage about slavery.

Even after all these years, I still facepalm at public schools and their tomfoolery like my classmate who got his mechanic gig after leaving high school in favor of a GED. How can someone be an honor's student if math teachers on average suck?
May 29, 2022 6:51 PM

Mar 2021
Yes, it went. I didn't get into the university I wanted to attend, so I went to the graduation ceremony, but inside, I felt unrefreshed.

May 29, 2022 10:12 PM
Jan 2022
Haven't graduated High School, just started in it. I attended both my Elementary and Middle School graduations though.
May 29, 2022 10:39 PM

Nov 2013
Yes but graduation ceremonies are overrated imo, especially in high school in the U.S. Lots of lengthy talking and not even drinks are served.
"He's a player??? THE ONLY THING HE BE PLAYIN IS A HENTAI DATING SIM THAT FAKER"
Jun 1, 2022 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
if i had a choice back then, i wouldnt have gone. I think it was mandatory for my graduation.
Jun 2, 2022 11:09 PM

Sep 2013
nah. it was mandatory but i made up some excuse about visiting family in new zealand because of a wedding. i was keen to get out of school as soon as possible and never see those people again. not to mention the idea of going to graduation made me quite socially anxious
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» RIP GAINAX

AramHovhanued - 1 hour ago

8 by Spunkert »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Let's appreciate MAL

Shizuna - Yesterday

19 by MeanMrMusician »»
20 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

838 by Hitagi__Furude »»
26 minutes ago

» Some of y'all are wayyy too narrow-minded and pessimisstic because of it

Timeline_man - 10 hours ago

9 by DigiCat »»
47 minutes ago

» Do you like to judge people?

Thy-Veseveia - 9 hours ago

10 by xMizu_ »»
53 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.