New
Mar 22, 2022 4:01 PM

Dec 2013
So i decided to share you the video clip of me practicing this Chopin's piece

https://youtube.com/shorts/w6gz1KCnVd4?feature=share

Let me know what you guys think

Mar 22, 2022 4:14 PM

Jul 2007
Since this is MAL I was kind of expecting this to be underwhelming but it's pretty neato.
Mar 22, 2022 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa, you are pretty good, I always thought that you were always just joking about the piano lessons, etc.

But, your performance speaks for itself, very nice, I'm surprised!
Mar 22, 2022 4:49 PM

Dec 2015
That's actually incredible.
I like the big jumps on the left hand just as much as the complex playing on the right hand.
Mar 22, 2022 4:51 PM
Jul 2018
You killed it, quite impressive! My hands could never </3
Mar 22, 2022 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
Thanks guys, I think there are still lots of room for improvement. The most important thing in playing this kind of fast tempo piece is to maintain focus while at the same time having both relax mind and body

Mar 22, 2022 11:21 PM

Jan 2017
wow can you play the ffx theme song?

thanks very much
Mar 22, 2022 11:39 PM

Mar 2021
Wow, that was pretty insane. Excellent job! Maybe I could do that one day...
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Mar 23, 2022 3:43 AM

Mar 2021
Knew you were amazing already. Great to see you in action. I think you are better than I was at my peak but I don't think that I was too far behind either since I was also a perfectionist when it came to playing a piece that I loved.
Mar 23, 2022 4:50 AM

Dec 2013
p0ckyy said:

thanks very much

Sure, To Zanarkand right?
I'll do it probably this Sunday

GenshinRosaria said:
Knew you were amazing already. Great to see you in action. I think you are better than I was at my peak but I don't think that I was too far behind either since I was also a perfectionist when it came to playing a piece that I loved.

I'm sure you are good at piano too, would love to see you playing piano sometimes, you can upload it in youtube like I did if you want, just clips of your piano practice

I enjoy play some pop piano too, play by ears, not always classical.
Usually I use my digital piano for playing pop piano, in my room
Here:
https://youtube.com/shorts/nlY0IE3-04c?feature=share

Mar 23, 2022 8:57 AM

Nov 2015
philtecturophy said:
p0ckyy said:

thanks very much

GenshinRosaria said:

I'm sure you are good at piano too, would love to see you playing piano sometimes, you can upload it in youtube like I did if you want, just clips of your piano practice

Here:

I love your touch on the piano for that slow and soothing music, you are so talented
Your fast playing is also truly fascinating
Mar 23, 2022 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
That's pretty good.

I couldnt even play the Turkish March on a keyboard I had. Cant properly do left hand accompaniment my brain doesnt allow the independence of my hands for detailed things maybe.
Mar 23, 2022 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
u get some respect but i still gonna make fun of u for stupid threads
Mar 23, 2022 11:05 AM

Jan 2022
philtecturophy said:

NICE! That's some skillz. Always wanted to play an instrument but just never got the hang of it. Props to you man. How long you been playing Piano, you sure didn't just start recently.
Mar 23, 2022 2:39 PM

Jun 2019
For a practice clip, you did extremely well on Winter Wind (something felt wrong to me at 8s, 18s, 27s, and the tempo was more inconsistent in the second half), but you already know that. What is your favourite interpretation of Chopin's Études? I do not think that one can do much better than Pollini.

Mar 23, 2022 4:19 PM

Dec 2013
traed said:
That's pretty good.

I couldnt even play the Turkish March on a keyboard I had. Cant properly do left hand accompaniment my brain doesnt allow the independence of my hands for detailed things maybe.

Thank you.
There are exercises for beginners at my piano for hands coordination. Piano is actually quite similar to playing drum in that they both percussion instrument and both need very well coodination between left and right hands, as well as the right foot (bass for drum, pedals for piano).

Grendizer_ said:
philtecturophy said:

NICE! That's some skillz. Always wanted to play an instrument but just never got the hang of it. Props to you man. How long you been playing Piano, you sure didn't just start recently.

I have played piano for 15+ years. But only about 10 years or so where I have been insanely put effort into it, like practicing every days with routine sessions and hours.

Meusnier said:
For a practice clip, you did extremely well on Winter Wind (something felt wrong to me at 8s, 18s, 27s, and the tempo was more inconsistent in the second half), but you already know that. What is your favourite interpretation of Chopin's Études? I do not think that one can do much better than Pollini.

Thanks for the feedback.
Two sets of etudes, opus 10 and 25, each has 12 pieces, and they both are truly my favorites pieces, especially waterfall, torrent, revolutionary, winter wind, and ocean.
Here is my practice on revolutionary:

https://youtube.com/shorts/TCAREiRoRoQ?feature=share

As you can see from my favorite pieces, except waterfall, the pieces that I love has dark tones, anger, sadness, and the element of chaos,.and sometimes depressing element, but there usually the element of hope and glory as well mixed well inside the darkness.

Revolutionary has anger tones, and it ends with glory, some element of hope and nostalgic nuance

Winter wind has a truly chaotic tones, which truly my most favorite piece in the the etudes, in the middle it has some beautiful elements and lightness, then comes to the most chaotic parts again. The whole piece is a non stop chaotic storm of darkness.

Ocean has this chaotic element as well like winterwind, the middle section has very dark element in it, and it has two repetitive part of gloriness and hopes (at beginning right before the half part of the piece, and at the end of the piece, which gives the themes of hope in the piece within the chaotic darkness and anger)

For etudes, generally I like Evgeny Kissin's interpretation the most, especially his WW.

Mar 23, 2022 4:20 PM

Dec 2021
That's very good! That must take lots of practice. I cannot play even Greensleeves.
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you want it to be?
Mar 23, 2022 5:28 PM

Mar 2008
philtecturophy said:
traed said:
That's pretty good.

Thank you.
There are exercises for beginners at my piano for hands coordination. Piano is actually quite similar to playing drum in that they both percussion instrument and both need very well coodination between left and right hands, as well as the right foot (bass for drum, pedals for piano).

My dexterity is good but what I mean is it's hard for me to make one hand do something different from the other hand if it requires any level of thought to coordinate the movement and timing. Though I also was teaching myself so i had no instructions even from oonline at the time. Yet then again I dont have trouble blind typing on a computer keyboard so I can coordinate back and forth between left and right it's just doing same time that throws me off.
Mar 24, 2022 2:38 AM

Dec 2013
SabineTB said:
That's very good! That must take lots of practice. I cannot play even Greensleeves.

With practice, you surely can

traed said:
philtecturophy said:

Thank you.

My dexterity is good but what I mean is it's hard for me to make one hand do something different from the other hand if it requires any level of thought to coordinate the movement and timing. Though I also was teaching myself so i had no instructions even from oonline at the time. Yet then again I dont have trouble blind typing on a computer keyboard so I can coordinate back and forth between left and right it's just doing same time that throws me off.

Yes, thats what I meant by hands coordination (one hand do something, and another do something else, and right foot also doing something else, for piano its pedal). Usually left hand plays the rhythm and right hand the melody, but not always the case. The drum usually right hand rhythm, left hand and right food gives the variation, but not always the case also. Depends on the piece, sometimes both hands gives he rhythm, while the right hand also gives the melody. The mind must also act as metronome, even if there are no hands playing the rhythm, i.e., only the melody are played. Teaching beginner piano students about hands coordination can be tough, but thats my job as a part time piano instructor IRL

Mar 24, 2022 7:45 AM

Dec 2020
I may check the video if you finger your female students instead of the piano.
Don't know what I want, but I know how to get it
Mar 24, 2022 8:08 AM

Dec 2020
That was really amazing! Keep it up!
Mar 24, 2022 5:34 PM

Dec 2013
troilus_05s said:
That was really amazing! Keep it up!

Thank you

BJuice said:
Whoa, you are pretty good, I always thought that you were always just joking about the piano lessons, etc.

But, your performance speaks for itself, very nice, I'm surprised!

Thanks
No I was not joking, I'm a part time classical piano instructor
I'm giving piano lesson online and offline
Actually there was a thread where I said so, but then it was locked

Mar 24, 2022 8:47 PM

Oct 2021
Damn, what else can those fingers do?

@pompeo You know it lol
NiggaDickMar 24, 2022 9:01 PM
Mar 24, 2022 8:53 PM

Aug 2018
wow that's pretty impressive. you should upload more videos of yourself.
Mar 24, 2022 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats fucking crazy good

also

@SquidGame lmao, my man prob got that game on lock
Mar 24, 2022 9:30 PM
Jul 2018
Great job! I took some piano classes back in high school. I don't play it anymore though.
Mar 25, 2022 1:27 AM

Dec 2013
monaisbae said:
wow that's pretty impressive. you should upload more videos of yourself.

Thank you
Alright, next time I will
I posted another 2 videos of me practicing if you notice. So in this thread I share three videos of my practicing:

pompeo said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa thats fucking crazy good

also

@SquidGame lmao, my man prob got that game on lock

Thank you :^)

TheFireNinja said:
Great job! I took some piano classes back in high school. I don't play it anymore though.

Why did you stop?

Mar 25, 2022 1:40 AM

Sep 2007
I watched the whole thing because I thought you were going to play Dr. Dre.

Mar 25, 2022 6:14 AM

Nov 2014
philtecturophy said:

The only Chopin's piece that I'm capable of is Nocturnal Op 9 lel, I bet you practice 40 hours a day, proud of u <3
Mar 25, 2022 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
philtecturophy said:
TheFireNinja said:

Why did you stop?

I don't know. It's just something that I fell out of.
Mar 25, 2022 7:31 AM

Jun 2019
philtecturophy said:
traed said:
That's pretty good.

Thank you.

Grendizer_ said:

I have played piano for 15+ years. But only about 10 years or so where I have been insanely put effort into it, like practicing every days with routine sessions and hours.

Meusnier said:

Thanks for the feedback.
Two sets of etudes, opus 10 and 25, each has 12 pieces, and they both are truly my favorites pieces, especially waterfall, torrent, revolutionary, winter wind, and ocean.
Here is my practice on revolutionary:

As you can see from my favorite pieces, except waterfall, the pieces that I love has dark tones, anger, sadness, and the element of chaos,.and sometimes depressing element, but there usually the element of hope and glory as well mixed well inside the darkness.

Revolutionary has anger tones, and it ends with glory, some element of hope and nostalgic nuance

Winter wind has a truly chaotic tones, which truly my most favorite piece in the the etudes, in the middle it has some beautiful elements and lightness, then comes to the most chaotic parts again. The whole piece is a non stop chaotic storm of darkness.

Ocean has this chaotic element as well like winterwind, the middle section has very dark element in it, and it has two repetitive part of gloriness and hopes (at beginning right before the half part of the piece, and at the end of the piece, which gives the themes of hope in the piece within the chaotic darkness and anger)

For etudes, generally I like Evgeny Kissin's interpretation the most, especially his WW.

Thank you for the reference, I think that Pollini is still better (and more consistent), but Kissin is certainly a very close contender.
Mar 25, 2022 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
Nek0 said:
I watched the whole thing because I thought you were going to play Dr. Dre.

Dont like his name, dont like his song

Lalala1412 said:
philtecturophy said:

The only Chopin's piece that I'm capable of is Nocturnal Op 9 lel, I bet you practice 40 hours a day, proud of u <3

Thank you
I enjoy nocturne too, my favorite is Nocturne in D flat major

Mar 26, 2022 9:26 AM

Mar 2021
philtecturophy said:
p0ckyy said:

thanks very much

GenshinRosaria said:

Here:

That’s beautiful. Love your playing. I just don’t have the drive to play the piano anymore. I would much rather just compose something in Logic Pro X now since I went the Music Technology route at uni and stopped playing the piano while in the military. Then after that I got in a job working 5 - 7 days per week so I never set up my full scale Yamaha electric piano anymore and only make instrumentals instead. I wouldn’t want to record myself playing the piano without practicing to get back to my old standard first. If only people had recorded me playing between 1998 - 2013.

Lalala1412 said:
philtecturophy said:

I used to love playing this one.

GenshinRosariaMar 26, 2022 9:30 AM
Mar 26, 2022 9:24 PM

Dec 2013
GenshinRosaria said:
philtecturophy said:

Here:

That’s beautiful. Love your playing. I just don’t have the drive to play the piano anymore. I would much rather just compose something in Logic Pro X now since I went the Music Technology route at uni and stopped playing the piano while in the military. Then after that I got in a job working 5 - 7 days per week so I never set up my full scale Yamaha electric piano anymore and only make instrumentals instead. I wouldn’t want to record myself playing the piano without practicing to get back to my old standard first. If only people had recorded me playing between 1998 - 2013.

Lalala1412 said:

I used to love playing this one.

Ahh alright, I understand, hope someday you will have the time and decide to go back playing classical piano again

Mar 26, 2022 11:14 PM
Mar 2022
Whoa, you have talent that's for sure.
Mar 27, 2022 3:59 AM

Dec 2013
Illinois said:

Thank you
Tbh its more hard work than talent

Mar 28, 2022 2:23 AM

Oct 2010
it was fun to hear, I'm not an expert but I liked the music
Mar 28, 2022 9:18 AM

Dec 2013
Catalano said:

Thank you, glad you like them
Which music do you like? There are 3 videos me playing piano. The classic piano (Chopin) or the pop piano (First Love by Nikka Costa)?

Mar 28, 2022 4:20 PM
Mar 2022
philtecturophy said:
Illinois said:

Thank you
Tbh its more hard work than talent

I get it, keep at it because you're really good.
Mar 29, 2022 3:58 AM

Oct 2010
philtecturophy said:
Catalano said:

Which music do you like? There are 3 videos me playing piano. The classic piano (Chopin) or the pop piano (First Love by Nikka Costa)?

first one is still my favorite, the 2nd is too chaotic and the 3rd is too slow, not saying you're bad, just the music.
Mar 29, 2022 8:49 AM

Dec 2013
Catalano said:
philtecturophy said:

first one is still my favorite, the 2nd is too chaotic and the 3rd is too slow, not saying you're bad, just the music.

I personally like the first one also the most, its one of my most favorite pieces, so I see why

Mar 29, 2022 7:44 PM

Dec 2013
Fernehem said:
Isn't it Chopin's Winter Wind Etude? Nice playing. It would probably take me an eternity to learn that one XD I've only learnt his Waterfall (op 10 no 1) and Torrent (op 10 no 4) etude and it took at least about half a year. Might start this after my session break gets over

Yes it is, thank you
Maybe you can share your playing /practice session as well on those etudes?
Upload it on youtube maybe..
I would love to see/listen them

Mar 30, 2022 4:48 AM

Sep 2017
Super impressive !

That's a great talent you have, and you did made a good job with that !

Congratulations, it's nice to see that kind of stuff ;)
Mar 30, 2022 3:40 PM

Dec 2013
Thanks guys, glad you all enjoy my practice session

More topics from this board

» Can't come up with a name for an art account

StrawberryBlxxd - 10 minutes ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
2 minutes ago

» The captcha doesn't just work for the bots, it also effect people that are drunk or high

tsukareru - May 25

18 by whitebeartigtig »»
41 minutes ago

» what's the first thing you would do if you wake up in your middle school/high school years tomorrow morning?

FruitPunchBaka - May 23

33 by RyuRabbit »»
45 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - May 1

101 by RyuRabbit »»
47 minutes ago

» Are video games a waste of time and money?? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 27

69 by RyuRabbit »»
50 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.