Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
Yikes, Magoichi needs to keep his emotions in check. Beating up himself isn't going to solve any problems.

On the other hand, he's lucky to receive help by Saburo. He's like the hero their world needed although I have to say that their world takes a lot more than one guy to save.

Jan 16, 2022 7:53 AM

Jul 2017
Magoichi of Saika is too enthusiastic but cowardly and naive for his own good, and Deku is such a big-headed plot armour. Only Oda "Saburo" Nobunaga can save them out of their pits.

Deku giving Magoichi the rundown from their past meeting before Saika becoming a wasteland, and all that effort has gone down the drain. But the need will come for their time soon.

I'd thought that with the post they're trying to imitate Ex-Arm, but thankfully it was a hotpot...whew. The whole artistic value has that TWEWY feeling, which is not saying much. The CGI is still laughable though.

This show just continues to be a mess of its aesthetics, which I'm already so used to after watching Tesla Note.
Jan 16, 2022 8:54 AM

Nov 2016
Deku hesitating was hilarious tbh xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 16, 2022 9:02 AM
Jul 2016
I think the best way to watch this show is to pretend like this is the first anime you have ever seen and you're already a superfan. I'm so invested in this story!

Theory time!
Magoichi was originally a soldier for the Conquistador side until he got amnesia and switched sides. Was there a betrayal? Did Magoichi and Saburou know each other before the accident? Was the amnesia a side effect from using the Armor? Who knows? That's the mystery of Rusted Armors.

Also, injecting the "Dragon veins" into your blood looks super painful. Does Magoichi have trauma? Is the price of power going to be too much for Saburou? God, I'm so invested!

"I almost took a bite of the forbidden fruit."
I don't know whether to ship Deku X Magoichi or Saburou X Magoichi.

I mean Deku and Magoichi had that erotic kiss scene on the beach. The voice actors even took the effort to reenact the scene.

But Saborou is the first man to call Magoichi a pussy to his face. Truly brutal, bringing all of Magoichi's insecurities and guilt to the surface. Saborou is also shirtless the entire time. Truly sexy. 👌

Best girl Ageha did not appear in this episode 0/10.

Overall, I can't wait to learn more about these colonizer bastard Conquistadors, and the origins of the Armor.
Jan 16, 2022 1:05 PM

Aug 2012
I'm glad to see more of Saburo! The last stageplay was Gaiden, set before the main story of performance, so we didn't have him on stage~~ I want to hear them all singing again!
Jan 16, 2022 4:48 PM
Mar 2010
The VA section was hilarious. I think I liked ep 1 better because more characters but its nice to see a bigger plot being shown in this episode. Guess they gotta find the others next episodes.
Jan 16, 2022 6:52 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nice, the enemy being kind enough letting that dude to retreat while bringing up the fainted bodies. Nice, they had the whole huge boar, but somehow ended up eating a pork soup inside a little hotpot. Interesting setup with the introduction of the enemy background. Intruder and village attacker actually a foreigner. They also add up Magoichi flashback by how Deku found him the first time. The attempt of the comedy was fine there. Still mystery with Saburo background, though. As expected, everything ended up with Magoichi finally found a way to lit up his motivation to stand up and fight again. Classic, but a welcome one!

Ah, the little segment with seiyuu in the end comes back. Worth enough all my effort....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 17, 2022 4:31 AM

Aug 2020
time to drop it bois.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 17, 2022 11:07 AM
Jan 2022
You guys still watched this?
Jan 18, 2022 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
Had a good premise but spaniards conquering Japan? Why? Japan before WW2 was extremely lacking in any type of resources. Why would spaniards or anyone have bothered conquering them?
Jan 18, 2022 2:35 PM

Aug 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
Had a good premise but spaniards conquering Japan? Why? Japan before WW2 was extremely lacking in any type of resources. Why would spaniards or anyone have bothered conquering them?

This story has only the setting loosely BASED on history of Sengoku Period.

But in past the Portuguese tried to Christianize Japan, just as crusaders in other continents did. Also - merchants wanted to trade with them.
And the Japanese side wanted arquebus. It was first brought from Portugal to Japan in Sengoku Period, in the time of great wars. Oda Nobunaga really liked guns, he bought as much as he could for his army. And then Japanese learned how to create their own guns, sometimes even better than the imported ones!
MadokaAkimotoJan 18, 2022 2:39 PM
Jan 19, 2022 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
MadokaAkimoto said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

But in past the Portuguese tried to Christianize Japan, just as crusaders in other continents did. Also - merchants wanted to trade with them.
And the Japanese side wanted arquebus. It was first brought from Portugal to Japan in Sengoku Period, in the time of great wars. Oda Nobunaga really liked guns, he bought as much as he could for his army. And then Japanese learned how to create their own guns, sometimes even better than the imported ones!

Yes but they did not ATTACK Japan. At the time Japan was in a period were it traded with other nations and as such travelers came and went bought and sold and they also tried to bring their religion. Oda Nobunaga tried to advance Japan by many means many of them brutal but anyway. That being said everone like guns but the japanesse had a hard time getting them due to their ideology of samurai worship. About japan creating their own guns well they did so but for this they needed to import steel and that only worked while Japan traded with other countries.
Anyway the point is no one really wanted that bad to conquer Japan
Jan 19, 2022 1:57 PM

Aug 2012
nightcrawlercyp said:
MadokaAkimoto said:

Yes but they did not ATTACK Japan. At the time Japan was in a period were it traded with other nations and as such travelers came and went bought and sold and they also tried to bring their religion. Oda Nobunaga tried to advance Japan by many means many of them brutal but anyway. That being said everone like guns but the japanesse had a hard time getting them due to their ideology of samurai worship. About japan creating their own guns well they did so but for this they needed to import steel and that only worked while Japan traded with other countries.

As said before: it's just set in historical times, it's not a story like Heike Monogatari. Just random anime that's part of a musical series.

If you want to see sth that follows really close the historical events, then I recommend Musical Touken Ranbu.
Jan 19, 2022 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
MadokaAkimoto said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

As said before: it's just set in historical times, it's not a story like Heike Monogatari. Just random anime that's part of a musical series.

If you want to see sth that follows really close the historical events, then I recommend Musical Touken Ranbu.
yes but it still has to make some sense. Human way of thinking has not changed for thousands of years

More topics from this board

» Can people stop using this freaking horrible cgi thing😒😒

Luna__Eclips - Jan 9, 2022

18 by Juni_Jaye »»
Mar 21, 2023 5:33 AM

» What is with the rating?

Ameeeeee - Mar 26, 2022

6 by TheColdMayor »»
Apr 13, 2022 10:09 PM

Poll: » Sabiiro no Armor: Reimei Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2022

4 by badabass »»
Mar 27, 2022 5:15 PM

Poll: » Sabiiro no Armor: Reimei Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2022

4 by Stardew »»
Mar 20, 2022 9:33 PM

Poll: » Sabiiro no Armor: Reimei Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2022

5 by trampler8324 »»
Mar 15, 2022 3:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.