Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 14, 2021 4:00 AM
Sep 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCSk5WxxLM

So, Pony canyon uploaded this... correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think I've heard some of these in part 1...
Jun 14, 2021 4:08 AM
Apr 2019
Damn this ost is trash too much downgrade from s1-s3 osts
Jun 14, 2021 4:27 AM
Feb 2020
Maybe some of them we will hear them in part 2
Jun 14, 2021 4:41 AM

Dec 2015
They definitely didn't used the vocal version of Memory Lane and Splinter Wolf with drums (I think there's more examples, but I can only remeber those two). But technically speaking I think they used all the "main melodies" in here.

Although I was excpecting something like Season 3, and they would release the soundtrack after Part 2. I don't think this is a sign that what is to come isn't fully a Part 2, it's probably because it would be too much waiting when you already have that amount of songs ready.

Also I'm probably gonna get backlash from the whole "music is subjective" people, but the difference in quality between Sawano and Kohta is just huge. When the 21st track started playing you could immediately feel a huge step up in quality compared to what Kohta did. Don't get me wrong, Kohta's tracks are really well made, specially the non-action ones, but SNK OST used to be such an epic experience that you just immediately got gosebumps listening to any track, as Kohta OST are at best an 8/10 experience.

Knowing this structure of 20 tracks for Kohta and 3 for Sawano, I can only hope Part 2 will now give the main lead back to Sawano (I wouldn't be surprised if they planned on giving Part 1 almost entirely to Kohta and Part 2 almost entirely to Sawano)
Jun 14, 2021 4:48 AM

Nov 2020
npdekuu said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCSk5WxxLM

So, Pony canyon uploaded this... correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think I've heard some of these in part 1...
Man, Memory lane was such a good OST.
I think some of them are going to be in P2. They are quite good on their own but Sawano really needs to be in P2 his OSTs are the most memorable ones.

Bababazooka69 said:
Damn this ost is trash too much downgrade from s1-s3 osts
I agree it was not as good as Sawano's music but they still are amazing and quite a banger especially Ashes on fire and Fall of Marley OSTs and far far away from being anything like trash.
CamelBowJun 14, 2021 4:56 AM

═════════════════════════════
You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jun 14, 2021 4:50 AM

Jun 2016
thiago52192 said:
Also I'm probably gonna get backlash from the whole "music is subjective" people, but the difference in quality between Sawano and Kohta is just huge. When the 21st track started playing you could immediately feel a huge step up in quality compared to what Kohta did. Don't get me wrong, Kohta's tracks are really well made, specially the non-action ones, but SNK OST used to be such an epic experience that you just immediately got gosebumps listening to any track, as Kohta OST are at best an 8/10 experience.

Nah don't worry a lot of people seem to feel that way (including me)
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jun 14, 2021 5:30 AM

Feb 2021
Kohta has made some very good soundtracks like Nightmare, cold light, zeeks plan, and ashes on the fire. But as soon as 21. AOTF-s1 played you could feel the increase in quality.

Sawanos music has so much excitiement and has all sorts of emotions. As soon as 21 played I felt like jumping out the window while biting my hand.
Jun 14, 2021 5:53 AM

Jul 2019
Kohta is amazing and he definitely managed to give the show a different atmosphere without feeling out of place. Sawano is amazing as always and, without doubt, better because of the masterpieces he composed in the previous seasons but you guys overrate him too much and calling Kohta soundtrack "trash" is just laughable.
Fax001sJun 14, 2021 5:59 AM
Jun 14, 2021 6:09 AM
Jan 2021
“The Warriors” and “Zeke's Plan” are phenomenal!
Jun 14, 2021 6:36 AM
Nov 2019
Fax001s said:
Kohta is amazing and he definitely managed to give the show a different atmosphere without feeling out of place. Sawano is amazing as always and, without doubt, better because of the masterpieces he composed in the previous seasons but you guys overrate him too much and calling Kohta soundtrack "trash" is just laughable.
spitting fax right here, this site is so immature
Jun 14, 2021 9:46 AM
Sep 2019
Kohta isnt trash BUT Sawanos ost is just higher quality and more epic then khotas.

Kohta is good on his own BUT hes not on the same level when compared to the quality of Sawano
Jun 14, 2021 1:00 PM
Oct 2020
Higher quality? Really? Very much overrated Sawano while Kohta tries to bring something new, different. Obviously 21st track was very good but there is a different proposal here for the others.
Jun 14, 2021 1:09 PM
Oct 2020
Fax001s said:

Ashes on The Fire, The Other Side of the Sea, The Fall of Marley (Nutcracker theme) are gems but no, Sawano is of better quality nothing can reach your feet... The soundtrack sucks, downgrade. Well... I could imagine these comments lol

Also, Splinter Wolf is pure hype and they still devalue Kohta...
z7ProSpyceJun 15, 2021 6:43 PM
Jun 15, 2021 2:03 AM
Jun 2019
Form me the ost was amazing 9/10
Ashes on Fire masterpiece
Jun 15, 2021 2:17 AM

May 2019
"The Fall of Marley" seems suitable for rumbling scenes, it has a tragic atmosphere.
Jun 15, 2021 6:38 PM
Oct 2020
neranyxx said:
"The Fall of Marley" seems suitable for rumbling scenes, it has a tragic atmosphere.

That's true, it has a lot of dramatic weight. Maybe they could make a variation?🤔
Jun 15, 2021 9:38 PM

May 2019
z7ProSpyce said:
neranyxx said:

That's true, it has a lot of dramatic weight. Maybe they could make a variation?🤔

Yeah, a variation would be awesome, especially if kohta added a vocal in it just for rumbling scene.
Jun 16, 2021 7:09 AM
Jan 2019
Im surprised they released it this fast.Season 3's soundtrack didn't release until the second part finished so im assuming it would be the same for the Final season.Also does this mean there will be new soundtracks (other than these ones) for the second part?
Jun 16, 2021 9:09 AM

Oct 2019
Void45_ said:
Im surprised they released it this fast.Season 3's soundtrack didn't release until the second part finished so im assuming it would be the same for the Final season.Also does this mean there will be new soundtracks (other than these ones) for the second part?
Let's hope so, I need more of this it is so good.
Jun 16, 2021 9:15 AM
Feb 2021
Guess what the maker of OSTs in s1-s3 are made by the same team just saying also its amazing for me s1-3 osts where repetitive a not that good
Jun 16, 2021 9:15 AM
Feb 2021
Guess what the maker of OSTs in s1-s3 are made by the same team just saying also its amazing for me s1-3 osts where repetitive a not that good
Jun 16, 2021 11:26 AM

Nov 2020
Void45_ said:
I think there will be since Sawano composed only 3 so far for the Final Season.

You're going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road.
It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn't it?
I'm sure you'll overcome this.
You'll walk again... soon.

Jun 17, 2021 2:44 PM

Aug 2019
Nightmare, The Successor, The Warriors, The Fall of Marley, and Nowhere to go are all really good tracks.

The only ones that even compare to Sawano's work in terms of how epic and dynamic they sound are 'The Warriors' and 'Ashes on Fire'.

I like some of the Kohta's work but you can't deny that Sawano's OSTs are far superior. They just have that extra 10% that wow you when Kohta's rarely do.

Hopefully Sawano plays more of a part in S4P2.
Jun 20, 2021 3:17 AM
Oct 2011
xenosys said:
Nightmare, The Successor, The Warriors, The Fall of Marley, and Nowhere to go are all really good tracks.

The only ones that even compare to Sawano's work in terms of how epic and dynamic they sound are 'The Warriors' and 'Ashes on Fire'.

I like some of the Kohta's work but you can't deny that Sawano's OSTs are far superior. They just have that extra 10% that wow you when Kohta's rarely do.

Yup, those were some really good ones (and I agree, I think those two were among the couple that got up there too) and there were a few more so it's not like he didn't do a good job but yeah overall just can't compare at all to Sawano's iconic work on this show.

Hopefully since a good chunk of this season was new Marley cast stuff, and therefore kind of fitting with different music and then the occasional reassertion we got of old Sawano tracks for key moments with the Scouts, Kohta getting such a large amount of P1's soundtrack will work out to where it's given Sawano the time to do a lot of work again on P2's since it's the big finale. Like you said though, I just hope that at the very least Sawano plays a lot more of a part in S4P2 than he did for the first.
DangerMouseDMJun 20, 2021 3:22 AM
Jun 22, 2021 3:55 AM

Aug 2019
DangerMouseDM said:
xenosys said:

Yup, those were some really good ones (and I agree, I think those two were among the couple that got up there too) and there were a few more so it's not like he didn't do a good job but yeah overall just can't compare at all to Sawano's iconic work on this show.

Hopefully since a good chunk of this season was new Marley cast stuff, and therefore kind of fitting with different music and then the occasional reassertion we got of old Sawano tracks for key moments with the Scouts, Kohta getting such a large amount of P1's soundtrack will work out to where it's given Sawano the time to do a lot of work again on P2's since it's the big finale. Like you said though, I just hope that at the very least Sawano plays a lot more of a part in S4P2 than he did for the first.

Do you know what projects Sawano has in future, now that he's finished with 86?
Jun 22, 2021 4:39 AM
Aug 2017
i remember kohta yamamoto said that he was in charge for the marley side of things since they wanted it to feel different (cause lets be real almost anything that sawano produces has that same formula that you can recognize instantly, that would not fit that well on marley since it is something new). but he also said that sawano will be in charge of the paradis part so everyone that is having problems with kohta and calling his music trash can wait patiently till then
Jun 22, 2021 7:31 AM
Nov 2019
Ngl I had some doubts kohta could fill in for sawano, but after taking the time to listen to all the new OSTs in full and properly, I gotta say, anyone who had a problem with kohta is smoking some bad kush. This OST is fucking fire as hell. Just cause it isn't sawano doesn't mean it's automatically a downgrade, sawano isn't the only GOAT composer. Listening to the full OSTs really gives a different perspective
JJ_joseJun 22, 2021 7:39 AM
Jun 22, 2021 5:48 PM
Sep 2017
Excluding AOTF, Splinter Wolf & The Warrior sound freaking lit 🔥

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2021 6:42 PM
Nov 2020
xenosys said:
DangerMouseDM said:

I doubt Sawano will even do much osts in part 2 cause he is busy with cmposing osts for the Gundam Hathaway osts and also I rmbr Sawano was burned out with AOT osts and that's why he even brought in Yamamoto to help him
Jun 23, 2021 4:34 AM
Oct 2020
neranyxx said:
z7ProSpyce said:

Yeah, a variation would be awesome, especially if kohta added a vocal in it just for rumbling scene.
I can really imagine this happening but maybe they use another OST with a dark vibe too.
Jun 23, 2021 4:40 AM
Oct 2020
JJ_jose said:
Ngl I had some doubts kohta could fill in for sawano, but after taking the time to listen to all the new OSTs in full and properly, I gotta say, anyone who had a problem with kohta is smoking some bad kush. This OST is fucking fire as hell. Just cause it isn't sawano doesn't mean it's automatically a downgrade, sawano isn't the only GOAT composer. Listening to the full OSTs really gives a different perspective
People get very attached to the types of sounds they've consumed from Sawano and that's why they're overrating him, well... Nothing unexpected around here on this site lol.
z7ProSpyceJun 27, 2021 9:22 AM
Jun 23, 2021 5:24 AM
Oct 2020
ApacheSnow69 said:
Excluding AOTF, Splinter Wolf & The Warrior sound freaking lit 🔥

I love them, Guilty Hero is gold too what a OST bro
Jun 23, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2020
Damn, listening to all these OSTs in their entirety really makes me appreciate Kohta Yamamoto. It's true that Sawano's style and intensity are hard to match, but Kohta did a hell of a job making his own mark on the show and creating some memorable pieces. Considering how burnt out Sawano was on doing AOT music, we wouldn't have gotten any of these new tracks at all if his protégé didn't step in to help. Zeke's Plan and Cold Light are chilling and atmospheric, Memory Lane and Friendships are emotional and hard-hitting, Splinter Wolf comes closer than any other song I've heard to matching Sawano's energy, etc. I could go on but basically great job Kohta, as with the season itself I understand if people have issues but I cannot fathom how anyone can look at this season and its OST and think it's in anyway bad.
Are ya winning, diners?
Jun 23, 2021 10:30 PM
Oct 2011
GrdMysterion said:
i remember kohta yamamoto said that he was in charge for the marley side of things since they wanted it to feel different (cause lets be real almost anything that sawano produces has that same formula that you can recognize instantly, that would not fit that well on marley since it is something new). but he also said that sawano will be in charge of the paradis part so everyone that is having problems with kohta and calling his music trash can wait patiently till then

Yeah, I may have missed him a little since he did so few, but it was definitely not trash, it was still quite good and some of the tracks got closer to those highs (less opportunities too given the events at this point), it worked very well having kohta do the Marley tracks so that they had their own sound. It was a very nice effect when the Marley music would play and then some classic AoT music would kick in like during Willy's speech when he turned the subject to Paradis/Eren and as the Scouts gained the upper hand and vice-versa during the Liberio battle.

I think more of an even split would be cool for the last part.

xenosys said:

Not sure. Gundam Hathaway and 86 I think were the last known projects and he probably finished Hathaway a decent time ago since the movie kept getting delayed due to the pandemic.
DangerMouseDMJun 24, 2021 12:03 AM
Jun 23, 2021 10:38 PM
Oct 2011
ScottMerica said:
Splinter Wolf comes closer than any other song I've heard to matching Sawano's energy, etc. I could go on but basically great job Kohta, as with the season itself I understand if people have issues but I cannot fathom how anyone can look at this season and its OST and think it's in anyway bad.

Agreed on Splinter Wolf. Then I think The Warriors was next (along with of course Ashes on The Fire).
DangerMouseDMJun 23, 2021 11:50 PM
Jun 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Sep 2019
You guys praise Sawano like he is at the same quality he was in first season. The guy wrote maybe like a half a dozen banger tracks for AoT over the decade since but most of his stuff is legacy music.

He is very good but not as good as you give him credit for. At least Kohta spiced things up a bit with some new themes. I have more than a few gripes about last season but music is not one of them.
heitooJun 25, 2021 8:40 AM
Jun 26, 2021 2:04 PM
Oct 2011
heitoo said:
You guys praise Sawano like he is at the same quality he was in first season. The guy wrote maybe like a half a dozen banger tracks for AoT over the decade since but most of his stuff is legacy music.

He is very good but not as good as you give him credit for. At least Kohta spiced things up a bit with some new themes. I have more than a few gripes about last season but music is not one of them.

I thought they used Kohta's new music quite well during the season.

I think it's a fair argument about season 2 perhaps being a little light on new stuff (though there was still a couple of fantastic ones) but I thought he came back pretty strong in both halves of season 3.
Both plenty of new stuff and season 3 also had some pretty great remixes which was pretty appropriate for the culmination of everything.

That said, even with us big Sawano fans aside from a post or two I think this thread has been pretty good with praising Kohta's contribution and how it fits well to the story whether or not they liked it as much overall, not to mention it's pretty tough taking over mid-show, let alone one as big as this with an arguably iconic sound like this, like he did and still delivering as well as he did.
DangerMouseDMJun 27, 2021 1:55 AM
Jun 27, 2021 9:32 AM
Oct 2020
heitoo said:

True History is proof of Kohta's work with his themes.

He really did a great job and I hope he does most of the soundtracks in part 2 because honestly Sawano has already done a lot for Attack on Titan and it was amazing but it's better that he does just a few OST's and the rest stay with Kohta, it would be a good opportunity for him as a composer, being a big fan of Sawano I think Kohta deserves this.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 21, 2021

475 by jebras »»
Jun 9, 6:54 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 14, 2021

508 by therealnagora »»
Jun 5, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Feb 28, 2021

426 by therealnagora »»
Jun 1, 4:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

693 by Dakidhellsing »»
May 25, 3:47 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 31, 2021

818 by SaimonIdk »»
May 21, 9:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.