Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
SHAMAN KING
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 23, 2021 7:00 AM
Mar 2018
I am a big fan of shaman king and I have rewatched it many times. Maybe it's because of that, but after watching the first episode, I like the old version better. The new one is chill, but it doesn't feel as chill as the old one.
The new one is faster-paced and I am not sure I prefer it.

I suppose I will have to watch more to make my decision.
Jul 23, 2021 8:52 AM
Mar 2021
Hancock23 said:
I am a big fan of shaman king and I have rewatched it many times. Maybe it's because of that, but after watching the first episode, I like the old version better. The new one is chill, but it doesn't feel as chill as the old one.
The new one is faster-paced and I am not sure I prefer it.

I suppose I will have to watch more to make my decision.

First 12 episodes are rushed a bit, because they're basically the same as the old one. After episode 12 it's totally different story. It gets much better. That's where the old anime separated from the manga. Believe me, this is masterpiece. Best Shounen story, one of the best protagonist, side characters and Ofcource best antagonist ever.
Aug 6, 2021 10:22 PM
Oct 2019
i wouldn't call that a "good" premiere. but it was...ok

i did like the 600 year old friendship though. the little kid with the big head who freaks out about everything and carries that dictionary around is an ok character, too

the weird opening scene, the family trying to kill the one twin, the reincarnated spirit thing from forever ago...interesting. the mc himself, just average/meh

6/10 start
Aug 15, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2015
I never watched Shaman King. Here we go!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 16, 2021 2:03 PM

Dec 2017
So when this started airing, I waited because people seemed to not like it. Anyway, started it now and I’m really pleasantly surprised!

With a lot of reboots (like sailor moon crystal for example), what I find disappointing is that the series lose their comic charm and humour. But here characters still make funny and stupid faces, just like in the manga. This studio isn’t afraid of pushing character expressions to their limit for a bit of fun and it made the whole episode a joy to watch. The character emotions really shined.

I don’t remember liking Yoh this much before, and Manta is looking a lot better too. I actually didn’t skip the opening and ending, very rare for me.

I’m gonna keep watching!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2021 1:59 PM

May 2015
The pacing seems quite fast but I think it animated the first two chapters quite nicely.
Feb 22, 2022 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
Not a bad start, I'll say it's really a good start. And obviously little bit it is giving me vibe of a 90s anime.
Excited to see what this anime have to offer, I know nothing about this anime, so it's all surprise and new things for me!!
Feb 7, 2023 2:37 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
It doesn't look as good as I expected.
May 1, 2023 5:01 PM

Dec 2007
having watched recently the firs series. i felt they mixed too much stories in one episode.
i hardly felt ryuu character, and amidamaru's character. specially his background.
the only character got presented fine somehow was yoh. 
i felt that if not the first series being watched, i would miss huge details in this episode.

never the less, it was first episode that the fans already know.
i just hope the pace will calm a bit after wrapping first series story.

the opening was just good. i rewatched it twice before actually continue the episode.
ending was cool too.
User-NameMay 1, 2023 5:19 PM
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 40 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2022

21 by almightybismarck »»
May 24, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2022

15 by almightybismarck »»
May 23, 6:20 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 38 Discussion

MahiaErebeaNegi - Jan 4, 2022

26 by almightybismarck »»
May 17, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2021

21 by almightybismarck »»
May 17, 4:44 AM

Poll: » Shaman King (2021) Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2021

18 by almightybismarck »»
May 15, 9:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.