Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2008 3:25 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So finally the conclusion of this very confusing and disjointed series.

Well i guess we know why it took subbers so long to do a release. It must have been painful doing it.

So people who were eaten somehow regenerated and Hime is left all alone in school. What a great friend Yuu is.
Apr 2, 2008 5:04 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yeah it was weird. 6/10

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 3, 2008 6:55 AM

Sep 2007
6/10 - Weird. And Ryuu only appeared once after the dream thing. -.-
Apr 3, 2008 1:05 PM

Apr 2007
Yahoo! It's finally over!
The anime got a little better along the way and bumped my rating from a 4 to 5/10.
Apr 3, 2008 8:57 PM

Jan 2007
not enough Pam :<

overall, it get a 4 from me.
Apr 4, 2008 4:08 AM

Mar 2007
Eimu was so moe when she became blind!
The series completely lacked Pam being chewed on.
Awsome soundtrack, though. I'm giving Ayakashi a 5/10.
Apr 6, 2008 11:37 AM

Apr 2007
Forced myself to watch it through.. Can't give it more than a 5.

This series just lacked..everything it seems.
Apr 13, 2008 5:16 PM

Apr 2008
I was rly enjoy whole series, and I love supernatural, so that was 9/10 for me ^^ Yes, I'm freak ^^
Apr 27, 2008 8:32 AM
Nov 2007
I liked all the times when he put a new shirt just to rip off the sleave.
May 22, 2008 2:33 PM

May 2008
YESS!! I endured watching this whole series. Goddammit even low budget hentai has better animation quality than what i saw in this series. art work was completly horrible ppl, and what pissed me off to tears was the freaking fact that their eyes always end up infront of their hair. its really shіtty when half the face is covered with their hair but some how the eye is still sticking out.
blackpag said:
I liked all the times when he put a new shirt just to rip off the sleave.

LOL i completly agree.
Jul 24, 2008 4:16 PM

Nov 2007
This was one of the most mediocre animes I've ever seen, but strangely enough, I really enjoyed it anyway and watched the entirety of it in one day. Well, well...
Aug 10, 2008 8:17 AM

Aug 2008
OMG, I HATED ONE THING ABOUT THIS EPISODE

Guy1:Run away!!!

Girl1: You run away!!

Guy1:No you!! >O

(They both die)

....why dont they stfu and shoot each other? :D
Sep 24, 2008 5:02 PM

Aug 2008
At the beginning I did not like, but in the end of history I found well cool.
They are not so rigorous with it! But I agree on the Hime, alone it was very strange.

I want one ayakashi! XD
Apr 18, 2009 1:03 AM

Feb 2008
I can see how people probably didn't like the series that much if they watched it on a week to week basis. but if you watch it in 1 long run its pretty awesome. And no one can deny how awesome the op is when those 2 oni's are about to face off, epic!! 9/10 :)
May 27, 2010 9:04 PM

Jun 2009
rreggiebryant1 said:
I can see how people probably didn't like the series that much if they watched it on a week to week basis. but if you watch it in 1 long run its pretty awesome.
No, it's really not. I only managed to force myself to watch it for 6 hours straight because after the 3rd episode, it became apparent if I stopped watching I'd never be able to force myself to pick it back up. The animation is just so godawful, although personally I'm rather partial to the minimalistic art style that anime like this use even if it does make it hard to tell some characters apart. Also, the directing left me momentarily disoriented so often that I couldn't even tell that the disjointed section in episode 5 and 6 was a flashback until halfway into episode 6.

The only thing I can really say that I really enjoyed about this anime was the idea of the characters and the premise. The writing and plot, however, were just so godawful that I had to wonder if they hadn't just grabbed some guy off the street, given him a pen, put a gun to his head and told him to write a coherent script. I guess that is to be expected of an anime based on an eroge, but it doesn't make it any less shitty.

In the end, the reason I could force myself to finish this anime was probably mostly the OP (there was just something bizarrely hypnotic about Eimu's eyes during the part where Izumi was in the background). For that reason, it gets a 4/10 from me.
Oct 1, 2010 3:45 PM
Jan 2009
If only it didn't feel so rushed.
Oct 27, 2010 6:35 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
First time i watched i thought its awesome so i rated 10/10 but now i rewatched and rated 7/10
Jan 6, 2011 7:26 PM
Jan 2009
it's just...

poor freakin' Hime...

what a tragic figure... :-(
Jan 7, 2012 12:55 PM

Nov 2008
WTH. Leaving Hime like that .
All ayakashi handlers coming back to organization.
Yuu and Eimu becoming a couple.(well that was obvious)

and what the fuck happened to Orio ? She became a cat?
If she was ayakashi then i can understand, but if her master was killed how she could still exist ?

7/10 for OP and for blind Eimu(LoL) she was really cute when she tripped after going blind and that time when Orio grabbed her chest ^^
Oct 27, 2012 7:17 PM
Oct 2012
I'm feeling like an ignorant here... it seems like everyone but me understood Eimu's blindness. --'
She looked perfectly fine when holding her sister. I just don't get it.

About the anime in general, I agree with most of comments. It's nothing very special. They could develop the story and the characters more. It would probably be much better.
I kinda felt bad not knowing the end, so I decided to watch anyway (with a gap of months, but still).

Something hard to ignore: the guy always passed out and was taken to that basement. Where could that be? It must have been somewhere really safe, considering de destruction of the city and all...
Oct 31, 2012 12:00 AM
Jan 2011
Watched half of it in one sitting then after getting frustrated with the annoying whiny pathetic main character I started to skim. Many things in this anime really pissed me off. Watching this anime was like putting my eyes, ears, and mind through a cheese grater.

The only things that I liked were the Ayakashi and some of the characters. Namely Hime and Pam.

2/10 Overall.
Nov 1, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
Worst. Show. Ever. WHY WAS EIMU BLIND!? WHAAAAAT? Also, that protagonist was awful! Also, also, that bad guy was freaking annoying and had an awful voice actor. I had to mute it whenever he did his evil laugh or his voice got all high pitched. This series suuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

Jan 19, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2008
The only thing this anime answered was the "what" [What are ayakashi?]. All other questions are so completely ignored that it's hard to care about anything happening, especially not the male MC, Yuu. He's easily the worst MC I've seen and no fights in the anime changed that.

3/10. For Pam, Orise, the idea of Ayakashi, and the opening.
Aug 9, 2015 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
The plot was all over the place and freaking bad character development was terrible
I'm surprised I actually finished it.
5/10

Sep 6, 2015 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
Nana Mizuki is good, so 6/10
Fell asleep many times watching this :(
Jan 8, 2016 2:27 PM

May 2012
lol, this was fucking horrendous... 1/10 for sure
Jul 2, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2013
Well, it was an enjoyable mess. The final battle was okay.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 29, 2017 6:55 PM

Sep 2007
If anybody actually cares about this show right now, please tell me if I just missed something or eimu's blindness actually had no buildup.

Like one of her eyes has no light to it earlier in the episode but... why? why did she start to go blind? what exactly did I miss here?
Nov 3, 2019 9:31 PM

Jun 2015
One of the worst thing i've ever seen in my life
Aug 10, 2021 6:40 AM

Feb 2014
Well that was kinda epic...I guess. Kinda hard to get into it when the animation is so bad. I was hoping it would be better for the last episode but alas. Also the ending just kinda felt really sudden. Like they defeat “him,” then suddenly everyone revives, Yuu has a moment with Eimu, and then...it's over. And it's snowing again too ugh!! I wish they could have found an actual way to live symbiotically in peace, but I guess they're just gonna have to continually. We never got to see if Hime had an Ayakashi either :(

Yeah so objectively speaking...this anime was bad. A lot of it was the animation. Sure, it was made over a decade ago, but there are plenty of older anime with even better animation than this. The characters were also not so great. They often felt like they were lacking, and it was crazy to see how many times there would be a disagreement that would quickly go from “yes!” “no!” to “okay!” Another pet peeve I had about the show was all about Ayakashi harming the handler in exchange for power, but we didn't really see much progression of that. Like, we get Pam and the Bully who are obviously mentally unstable, but then a few episodes in Pam kinda goes back to normal, despite using her Ayakashi all the time? Also, as for Eimu and her blindness, she mentioned it really early on that she was slowly going on in her left eye and that, if she kept using her powers, she would eventually go blind in both eyes, but I feel like after it was first mentioned it was just completely untouched until this ending where she's completely blind. Just overall it felt like there was a big lack of effort shown in this show. I think the OST was pretty decent though, there were some tracks I liked! But I feel like the OST alone isn't enough to make up for the shows shortcomings though...

Subjectively speaking, I'd give it a 5-7/10 because I still enjoyed parts of it (mainly the battles), even though there were plenty of times where the drama, characters, or animation really dragged it down. Such a shame too, since I found the premise of it quite interesting. I really wish it was better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2023 5:30 PM

Dec 2022
Eimu was very cute in the last scene. Who would've thought she'd be happiest after she went completely blind.

Really good anime. Nearly every single one of the flaws people mentioned in posts above (like Eimu's blindness) were either addressed by the anime itself and simply forgotten about by the users, or a direct result of the series being a mere four-hour truncated version of a visual novel ten times the length of it. But, of course, these are still flaws nevertheless. Its short length meant it constantly jumped from one scene to another without fully exploring their potential.

For a gory action anime, it had a surprising grasp of both character depth and atmospheric tension. While the start of the anime was the most unsettling, the later episodes also had developments like the progressive incursion of fog, red skies and urban destruction that highlighted the increasing urgency of the situation at hand. The Ayakashi powers themselves were nominally more unique than their equivalents in most action anime, and the girls were cute and courageous. Even the main character has props for turning into the hero he aspired to be, after some earlier bouts of sadism or cowardice. It also has one of my favourite soundtracks in anime, which definitely works to its favour. It's a real shame the visual novel isn't translated, as it would provide people a better point of reference.

Archean-ReturnDec 3, 2023 2:04 PM

Shaded Horizon

Apr 8, 9:14 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Haaaa tried watching this, the story messy the mc is weak and the animation sometimes feel weird, but it's still Surprise me how comes this anime can get above 6 for this messy things even I need to use 2x speed watching this till the end beyond imagination, only 3 for me really face palm

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 2, 2008

4 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 4:22 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 10 Discussion

what_ever - Apr 2, 2008

7 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 3:48 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 9 Discussion

cyruz - Apr 2, 2008

8 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 8 Discussion

Sobzob - Apr 2, 2008

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Ayakashi Episode 7 Discussion

Sobzob - Apr 2, 2008

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 13, 2023 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.