Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Drifting Dragons
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2020 7:15 AM

Dec 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
bittersweet conclusion to this mini-arc. dragon is killed, city is in ruins, both parties sustained damages and material losses. Giraud got reunited with Katya, their romance has no progression just yet. tho, i did just noticed that she is in the opening, so there might be a chance

the action was so-so, that ship ram moment was quite fucking absurd lol

Feb 2, 2020 9:47 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Jiro is a really good character so far... Obviously the dragon is dead but the festival is pretty much ruined
Feb 2, 2020 5:33 PM
Jan 2017
This episode was fine; not great, just fine. The dragon is dead and the city was saved, but not only was the city heavily damaged, but the drakers had to donate the dragon to the city, lest they ask for more trouble. On the plus side, Giraud gets a nice heroic moment, even if it's ruined by a lame ramming move. This episode just took away what little urgency and emotional stakes the previous episode had and while it didn't give the happy ending all wrapped with a bow, it wasn't as satisfying as I hoped it would be.
Feb 5, 2020 3:42 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they hunted the dragon and Kajta is safe too. I still hope she joins the crew.
Feb 26, 2020 10:53 AM

Apr 2010
Well the got the dragon, at least they managed to kill it and in doing so prevented further damage to the city.
And Jirou got another chance with the girl which he seems to be screwing up.

Now that they have a new experience i wonder how things will go next.
Jun 24, 2020 9:02 PM
May 2020
At the end is Giraud having a stroke? Many conventions of anime are clearly not for me. Annoying. It looked like he was a robot quietly short-circuiting.

Sublime moment when he is standing on the back, and you don't know if he will get another shot off. The design of the dragons evokes a creature like the sea horse. They seem really dream-like, and I always love when fantasy has one foot in a dream and one foot on firm ground. The aspects of the ship and the world, they are impossible but it seems real because they enter the right visual cues or maybe "coordinates" of reality to our brains. But these dragons get to be the really far out part and i love it. Sorry I know that's gibberish but I can't explain it better.

Food rating: 0/5 No food to speak of.
Aug 24, 2020 1:10 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty okay outcome to the situation with the dragon finally killed but on the other hand part of the city in ruins, lot of ammunition used, ship being a bit damaged and most important no food to fill Mika and the crew's stomach... well at least Giraud's romance still has a chance.

Sep 26, 2020 10:10 AM

Sep 2018
Interestingly enough the episode, I liked how they stitched up the beginning of this episode with the previous one, thanks to the narrative expedition of summarizing the latest events from a different perspective. I did not think this story arc lasted that long, I look forward to the next episode to see how they will close it.
May 3, 2021 11:05 PM
Aug 2019
What's wrong with Giraud ? He's falling head over heels for a bar hoo*#r ?!
May 6, 6:43 PM

Nov 2019
I've never watched such half ass romance like in this episode with Jiro and Katja. His socially awkward character adds to the fray of second hand embarrassment. I hope this is it for that love interest because that was tough to watch. They wnded up donating the dragon the Drakers team hunted together to the citt to help with repairs. They struggled so much to take it down and expended a lot of their effort to prevent it from causing even more damage to the city via the oil refinery.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 12 Discussion

uninstallthegame - Jan 9, 2020

30 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 11 Discussion

10 by ST63LTH »»
May 7, 2:01 AM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 9 Discussion

11 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 7 Discussion

10 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Kuutei Dragons Episode 6 Discussion

10 by ST63LTH »»
May 6, 6:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.