Forums

The Anime You Wanted To Like, But Just Couldn't

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 7, 2019 9:11 PM
Nov 2013
hack5 said:
Blarey said:
@hack5 I made it 37 episodes and had to put it on-hold, it's pretty bad tbh. Too much cheesy slapstick comedy and the animation quality is poor even for it's time, new characters are cliche and uninteresting and alot of the plot makes no sense. You can try it yourself though, some people like it.

Now I am in a bind right now I am on episode 24 in Zeta when I am done should I skip to victory?You see I am not a big fan of comedy especially in Mecha.

I never watched Victory. It’s up to you, after Zeta I kind of fumbled through highly rated Gundam series and picked randomly. If you’re trying to follow in chronological order of UC then you have to watch ZZ.
Jun 7, 2019 9:12 PM

Mar 2016
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - considering that a similar show is my favorite ever, it was a surprise I hated this completely.

Attack on Titan - ended up being so dark that it was uninteresting and thus boring.

New adaptation of Legend of Galactic Heroes - I expected to do a lot better, instead we got entirely dead-looking, monotonous, lifeless husks of characters that are more infuriating than anything and look like cardboard cutout versions of the characters in the old show. Even the bad parts of the old prequels to the old OVA did better than this adaptation in places.
Jun 7, 2019 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
xxxHolic - I quite like the content but the art is really off putting and I just can't get myself to watch season 2.
Jun 7, 2019 10:04 PM

May 2018
Kill la Kill, I still haven't finished it though even though I started it like 6 months ago - I've watched 21 episodes so far. It's just too childish, hyperactive and nonsensical for me - especially all that 'life fibres' stuff LOL, it's taking wackiness too far - to the point of ridiculousness IMO. I wanted to like it as I enjoyed the first five episodes, and the OST and songs are really good. I'm (very slowly) watching it dubbed though, so for all I know the subbed version could be way better and I'm missing out on its irreverent charms - could be?
Jun 7, 2019 10:11 PM

Dec 2010
Blarey said:
hack5 said:

Now I am in a bind right now I am on episode 24 in Zeta when I am done should I skip to victory?You see I am not a big fan of comedy especially in Mecha.

I never watched Victory. It’s up to you, after Zeta I kind of fumbled through highly rated Gundam series and picked randomly. If you’re trying to follow in chronological order of UC then you have to watch ZZ.

Nooooooo I wonder if it has the usual Gundam movies to it maybe I will watch that instead you see I want to watch the new stuff that's coming out so I am refreshing my memory on the UC era so my plan is to watch victory,unicorn the tv series and the new movie that is out now I already watch origins it was so good oh yeah I still have Chars counter attack to watch also.
Jun 7, 2019 10:31 PM

May 2018
Death note, i just....i watched an episode or two and it seemed so boring and like long (like ive watched long ass running shows but 40 eps of this was...unbearable) I know its amazing and the artist for the manga is one of my faves but blehhh

and then Yuu Yuu Hakusho, god i wanted to love that show, i wanted kurama to be my favorite and i wanted to enjoy the classic shounen set up but, it was toooooo slowwwww. I sinkholed naruto and bleach and HxH and one piece but, again i guess im just inpatient

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 愛してる *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Jun 7, 2019 10:58 PM
Nov 2013
hack5 said:
Blarey said:

Nooooooo I wonder if it has the usual Gundam movies to it maybe I will watch that instead you see I want to watch the new stuff that's coming out so I am refreshing my memory on the UC era so my plan is to watch victory,unicorn the tv series and the new movie that is out now I already watch origins it was so good oh yeah I still have Chars counter attack to watch also.

Well there’s quite a few titles in between ZZ and Victory. If you really want to properly understand UC, I would suggest putting up with ZZ and watching the rest (although UC is really long, I’ve been watching Gundam on and off for years and haven’t finished it yet).

Here is the UC timeline wiki, you can see the order of Gundam series to watch and also read about the important events that happen on certain dates.

https://gundam.fandom.com/wiki/Universal_Century

ZZ takes place from 0088.02.23 to 0089.01.17 so just read everything that happens in between those dates and you should get the most important info, although it’s still recommended not to skip.
Jun 7, 2019 10:59 PM
May 2016
i was expecting Darling the Franxx to be as good as my beloved Eureka 7. (since they both share almost the same genres)
But I got bored, somehow.
Jun 7, 2019 10:59 PM
Nov 2015
Greyleaf said:
1) Death Note. As someone who once considered attending law school for the sake of becoming an exoneration lawyer, the idea of him using the notebook to senselessly murder what could've potentially been wrongfully incarcerated criminals left my stomach churning. I've never disliked a protagonist so much in my life. It was like watching the living embodiment of teenage angst attempt to shape the world to his liking. I couldn't make it past 10 episodes.

2) Shinseki Yori. This show started off so great, but the 5th episode literally went against all rules that were established in the first four. The kid that was struggling to use his psychic abilities to stack cards at school was suddenly hurling massive, poorly animated CG trees and boulders at waves of enemies like it was no big deal. It honestly felt like a different director and animation team took over from that point without even watching the prior episodes or understanding the story at all. Dropped it by episode 8 because it just became downright ridiculous.
hurling trees and boulders requires less discipline and control it only requires brute Force. But yeah the animation at times is shit
Jun 7, 2019 11:28 PM

Aug 2016
Steins Gate 0:

I thought it was gonna be the one. Silly me for thinking that this anime would have a chance to dethrone Brotherhood. This show was HOT garbage.. An absolute circus.. They were so desperate to have Kurisu in it that they just shoehorned her in and made it dumb. Anime girls in the future in a millitary setting... LOL.. Including deaths that no one cares about it and made the audience feel nothing.

Fanservice cashgrab.. Absolute trainwreck.
Jun 8, 2019 12:08 AM
Jul 2018
Karakuri Circles, I don't know why but I dropped it on Episode 2.
Jun 8, 2019 12:45 AM

Sep 2017
Monogatari series. I was looking forward to this series for ages, always wondering what's so great about it. But the excess amount of sexual harassment in this series..i cant believe i have never heard of this before. Araragi is an absolute asshole. I'm still determined to continue though, but it won't me one of my favourites.
Jun 8, 2019 12:59 AM

Jun 2019
Tokyo ghoul, it's just overall bad.
Jun 8, 2019 4:04 AM

Feb 2016
Every Tokyo Ghoul season after the first two. Loved it, then it turned into utter trash imo.
Jun 8, 2019 4:15 AM

Oct 2018
for me it's aot for some reason i just can't seem to like it even though i watched the 1st 2 seasons of it.
Jun 8, 2019 4:18 AM
Nov 2013
Bakemonogatari: i dropped it 3 times. It was boring and hard to watch
I couldn't watch more than 4 eps

Gintama: i reached ep 65 hoping that it will get better as people say but it never did . Most of it is episodic , silly and not funny at all and even the few "serious" arcs didn't have good stories or good fights
Jun 8, 2019 4:24 AM

Aug 2016
Himouto umaru chan seems cool but so boring I slept on lol kind of rare for me to dropped Something i doubt i will give him anther chance with the amount of thing i need to watch
Jun 8, 2019 4:29 AM
Nov 2017
Oussema said:

Gintama: i reached ep 65 hoping that it will get better as people say but it never did . Most of it is episodic , silly and not funny at all and even the few "serious" arcs didn't have good stories or good fights

For me, Gintama actually become really good at episode 200-ish. I can't really remember the specific episode, but I do know it's about Shogun that will get killed by his own uncle, I guess? The one that where Oboro showed up.
Jun 8, 2019 4:31 AM
Nov 2013
mohrip said:
Oussema said:

For me, Gintama actually become really good at episode 200-ish. I can't really remember the specific episode, but I do know it's about Shogun that will get killed by his own uncle, I guess? The one that where Oboro showed up.

So i have to torture myself and waste my time watching 200 eps just to reach the part that MAY be good ? XD

I don't really remember anything x)
I watched it 2 years ago or something like that and it was uninteresting so i forgot most of it
OussemaJun 8, 2019 4:36 AM
Jun 8, 2019 4:32 AM
Nov 2017
JFuji said:
Steins Gate 0:

I thought it was gonna be the one. Silly me for thinking that this anime would have a chance to dethrone Brotherhood. This show was HOT garbage.. An absolute circus.. They were so desperate to have Kurisu in it that they just shoehorned her in and made it dumb. Anime girls in the future in a millitary setting... LOL.. Including deaths that no one cares about it and made the audience feel nothing.

Fanservice cashgrab.. Absolute trainwreck.

I know how it feels. SG 0 is just like a money machine, since SG; is a pretty popular and really good anime, so of course people are going to watch it. The thing about SG 0 is, what I know that they changed the director, so the story isn't as hype as the first season. For me, it's just like...slice of life and party all the time anime, and then just put an intense thing at the end of anime. That's really different from the first one.
Jun 8, 2019 4:37 AM
Nov 2017
Oussema said:
mohrip said:

I don't really remember anything xD
I watched it 2 years ago or something like that and it was uninteresting so i forgot most of it

Well, you said you reached episode 65, but yeah...that is just a comedic episode so far. Maybe Benizakura arc is already showed, the first Gintama serious arc, Which for me is an overrated arc in Gintama. But I don't know either, I watched it like 4 years ago, all right XD. And because Gintama is almost all comedic episode, why don't you just try to watch the serious arc? The best of the best for me is gintama enchousen or whatever the name. MAL had it on their list, you can try to find it.
Jun 8, 2019 4:44 AM
Nov 2013
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
Genkai said:

As someone who finished the anime last year, I don't quite blame you. for every great moment it has 30 mediocre moments
Don't get me wrong, I WANTED to like and be able to finish this. The great moments were amazing. I laughed, I cried, but I was mostly bored and fed up. So that on hold that went. Years later, still on hold!

Maybe you should skip the fillers or at least the bad ones !
Jun 8, 2019 4:54 AM
Nov 2013
mohrip said:
Oussema said:

I don't really remember anything xD

Well, you said you reached episode 65, but yeah...that is just a comedic episode so far. Maybe Benizakura arc is already showed, the first Gintama serious arc, Which for me is an overrated arc in Gintama. But I don't know either, I watched it like 4 years ago, all right XD. And because Gintama is almost all comedic episode, why don't you just try to watch the serious arc? The best of the best for me is gintama enchousen or whatever the name. MAL had it on their list, you can try to find it.

Yeah i watched that arc and as you said it's overrated

Well that's the third season right ? I can't just watch it directly ,it'll probably be confusing since i don't know many of the characters and i missed some important things ( maybe )
But i may check some of it to see if it's good and if i like it i'll go back to the previous seasons and wath them
Jun 8, 2019 5:02 AM
Apr 2017
-Death note: the initial idea was sort of interesting and everyone said how great this anime was but the constant nonsensical teen angsty nonsense rendered it unbearable.

-Hinamatsuri: it's not that I hugely disliked it but it's so bipolar. There are two characters that are great and the rest that are utter garbage. I'm sorry but a useless insufferable brat saying "tabete" every 5 seconds is not the height of comedy, not to me at least. If Hina had been killed in the first episode it would have been a much better show.

-Angel beats: the premise was interesting, the characters didn't seem that bad...and that's where it all stops. Mediocrity in anime form, utterly emotionless. Wish I could have liked it more.
Maou_heika said:
xxxHolic - I quite like the content but the art is really off putting and I just can't get myself to watch season 2.
I think I know where you're coming from, I could barely get through the first season because I found the art/animation to be just atrocious. But the second season is much better than the first overall (well, art/animation there's not that much of a difference, sadly) so I'd really recommend trying it again, it's definitely worth it.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Jun 8, 2019 5:19 AM

Mar 2012
Every single Rumiko Takahashi's anime apart from Inuyasha so far! While I loved Inuyasha for all the characters, story, adventure, music and overall, Ranma was funny at first, but it ended up being extremely boring all the way and didn't even have a conclusion. I'm trying to get into Maison Ikkoku and am past 30 episodes, I like the art and it's overall fine, but all that misunderstanding drama/comedy makes me want to hit my head against the wall. I will finish it, though. I never cared for her newest one, Kyoukai no Rinne, either. And I even dropped Mermaid Forest because it was too much to bare.

Shin Taketori Monogatari: 1000-nen Joou, the series. So far I liked every Matsumoto Leiji's anime I saw, but this one seems boring and slow, I'll see how it goes past episode 7.

Fate series. I loved Kara no Kyoukai and expected something with a nice setting and story, but it seems it ruined both, especially after seeing more 100% ruined mythological characters in some spin-offs... Not saying I didn't enjoy fate/zero, but I won't be a fan of this. The Fate route left me almost falling asleep, I'll still see how the second and third is, in VN form.

Shana. Not saying it dodn't have any good points, but messing an interesting story with boring comedy and love triangles can't be a thing appealing to everyone, I think they could have done the character's daily life better. And added overcomplicated character names and terms for no reason don't add any attachment to the setting.

Sports anime. They're interesting and addicting even when I watch them, but if I take even a little break, I have no desire to resume whatsoever.

Baccano. I loved Durarara but the setting in Baccano wasn't my thing.
Jun 8, 2019 5:22 AM

Feb 2016
Maou_heika said:
That's honestly a shame because xxxholic is one of my favorite series. I really enjoyed the tall slender characters. That's how it goes though, great story only to be ruined by "bad," art. That being said, I LOVE Black Clover. I can't watch it anymore cause the art really does me in sometimes. To the manga for that one :D
Talorael said:
Every Tokyo Ghoul season after the first two. Loved it, then it turned into utter trash imo.
Thinking the same thing. Ken might his make his way out of my favorites just because of how horrible RE was. Still have tons of love for TG though.
Oussema said:
Bakemonogatari: i dropped it 3 times. It was boring and hard to watch.

I love both of these series and I thought it was funny you chose to comment on my naruto post! but then i saw your profile. Thanks for an actual suggestion rather than flaming me for disliking the series. I might have to do that since I always watch fillers. If they put it out, I watch it. ALWAYS. For a shounen Naruto has some of the best fight sequences and character skills/abilities. Just so many fillers and very long series.
As for Gintama and Bake, if you made it to ep 65. You definitely gave it a chance. The first time I watched I dropped it after 12 or so episodes. Came back binged it and now I watch an episode here and there for the stupid humor. I have nothing for Bake other than if you gave it a chance, that's all anyone can really ask for !
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 8, 2019 6:15 AM

Jun 2019
Narushisto said:
Every single Rumiko Takahashi's anime apart from Inuyasha so far! While I loved Inuyasha for all the characters, story, adventure, music and overall, Ranma was funny at first, but it ended up being extremely boring all the way and didn't even have a conclusion. I'm trying to get into Maison Ikkoku and am past 30 episodes, I like the art and it's overall fine, but all that misunderstanding drama/comedy makes me want to hit my head against the wall. I will finish it, though. I never cared for her newest one, Kyoukai no Rinne, either. And I even dropped Mermaid Forest because it was too much to bare.

As a fellow Inuyasha devotee, what's the problem with Mermaid Forest? I just ask because I haven't actually watched it yet and haven't watched any other of Takahashi's works besides Inuyasha, but Mermaid Forest has been on my mental to-watch list for a while.It's supposed to and sounds like it has a unique premise and is just considered unique and fresh as a horror anime. Is it because it leaned heavier on horror than fantasy or was it unappealing for another reason?
Jun 8, 2019 6:15 AM

Dec 2010
Blarey said:
hack5 said:

Well there’s quite a few titles in between ZZ and Victory. If you really want to properly understand UC, I would suggest putting up with ZZ and watching the rest (although UC is really long, I’ve been watching Gundam on and off for years and haven’t finished it yet).

Here is the UC timeline wiki, you can see the order of Gundam series to watch and also read about the important events that happen on certain dates.

ZZ takes place from 0088.02.23 to 0089.01.17 so just read everything that happens in between those dates and you should get the most important info, although it’s still recommended not to skip.

I also watch Gundam off and on some I still have to finish and some I don't want to finish like turn a Gundam I really cant get into that one at all,I will try with the ZZ although I fell its a lost cause why did he have to make it into a comedy I wish it get a remake that will be so nice like a movie or ova.
Jun 8, 2019 6:18 AM
Nov 2013
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
Maou_heika said:
That's honestly a shame because xxxholic is one of my favorite series. I really enjoyed the tall slender characters. That's how it goes though, great story only to be ruined by "bad," art. That being said, I LOVE Black Clover. I can't watch it anymore cause the art really does me in sometimes. To the manga for that one :D
Talorael said:
Thinking the same thing. Ken might his make his way out of my favorites just because of how horrible RE was. Still have tons of love for TG though.
Oussema said:
Bakemonogatari: i dropped it 3 times. It was boring and hard to watch.

I love both of these series and I thought it was funny you chose to comment on my naruto post! but then i saw your profile. Thanks for an actual suggestion rather than flaming me for disliking the series. I might have to do that since I always watch fillers. If they put it out, I watch it. ALWAYS. For a shounen Naruto has some of the best fight sequences and character skills/abilities. Just so many fillers and very long series.
As for Gintama and Bake, if you made it to ep 65. You definitely gave it a chance. The first time I watched I dropped it after 12 or so episodes. Came back binged it and now I watch an episode here and there for the stupid humor. I have nothing for Bake other than if you gave it a chance, that's all anyone can really ask for !

You're welcome. Thanks for replying 😊

Haha i was pretty sure that you're watching the fillers
Yeah especially in the war arc the anime got very close to the manga so they made many fillers.
You can use this site to know which eps are fillers https://www.animefillerlist.com/shows/naruto-shippuden
Some fillers are really good and add many details and depth to the characters like ep 317, kakashi arc from ep 347 to 361 ,the chunin exam which happened in the time skip from 394 to 413 , the arc from 464 to 468...etc so maybe you should check them

I'm not a fan of comedy animes in the first place so maybe gintama is just not for me

I liked kubikiri cycle which is made by monogatari's manga so i may give monogatari one last chance
Jun 8, 2019 6:25 AM

Mar 2012
WatchTillTandava said:
Narushisto said:

As a fellow Inuyasha devotee, what's the problem with Mermaid Forest? I just ask because I haven't actually watched it yet and haven't watched any other of Takahashi's works besides Inuyasha, but Mermaid Forest has been on my mental to-watch list for a while.It's supposed to and sounds like it has a unique premise and is just considered unique and fresh as a horror anime. Is it because it leaned heavier on horror than fantasy or was it unappealing for another reason?

Yes, the premise of Mermaid Forest was interesting, I just didn't like the excessive amount of violence, rape and all that (I hardly remember the details after a lot of time), overall it was kind of depressing to make me care for the ending enough to finish it. It doesn't mean anyone else wouldn't like it. And her other works are all romance comedies with drama, slow paced but worth it if you like the genres.
Jun 8, 2019 6:34 AM

May 2016
Cowboy Bebop. It's still in my watching list, and it has been for about a year now, I just refuse to drop anime but I can't find the motivation to finish it.
I guess it just never gripped me, it's kind of boring and one of those 'background' anime where I'll put an episode on if I'm doing something else
Jun 8, 2019 6:53 AM

Feb 2016
@Oussema It'll be a while before I come back around to Naruto, as comedies aren't your thing, actions aren't mine (even though hours watched, shonen is my 2nd highest) If you're not into comedies, I'd tell you to stay away from Gintama. Since that's the majority of the show. I've had kubikiri cycle on PTW for a while and never knew that. Punching that one to the top of the list.
Narushisto said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Yes, the premise of Mermaid Forest was interesting, I just didn't like the excessive amount of violence, rape and all that (I hardly remember the details after a lot of time), overall it was kind of depressing to make me care for the ending enough to finish it. It doesn't mean anyone else wouldn't like it. And her other works are all romance comedies with drama, slow paced but worth it if you like the genres.
After starting Maison Ikkoku, I put mermaid forest on my list. Idk if I want to watch it if it's full of rape. As for MI, I'm 75 episodes in and they are still riding hard on the misunderstandings! Can't say it doesn't frustrate me just as much as it did in the beginning but I'm so close to the payout that I have to finish it.
Roronoadawn said:
Cowboy Bebop. It's still in my watching list, and it has been for about a year now, I just refuse to drop anime but I can't find the motivation to finish it.
I guess it just never gripped me, it's kind of boring and one of those 'background' anime where I'll put an episode on if I'm doing something else
Same for me, I really like Spike as a character (smoothest man I've ever seen) but the shows vibe can be very dull at times.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
Jun 8, 2019 7:09 AM

Mar 2019
Durarara! as a whole

The first season is good however the later parts are disappointing
Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!
Jun 8, 2019 7:19 AM

May 2018
hack5 said:
Blarey said:

I also watch Gundam off and on some I still have to finish and some I don't want to finish like turn a Gundam I really cant get into that one at all,I will try with the ZZ although I fell its a lost cause why did he have to make it into a comedy I wish it get a remake that will be so nice like a movie or ova.

- Victory for me is the worst Gundam + Tomino title I ever watched. (Liked the first OP tho...it kind of lies what the show is about.)
- After Zeta and/or ZZ you should go with Char's Counterattack to complete the Amouro vs Char plot line. Also CCA it's important for Unicorn and Narrative if you want to watch them.
- ZZ is important for the completion of the Kamille's and Haman Karn's story arcs. Also I recommend you to skip the first episode - it's a sort of recap and infodump of things you already know.
- I am not a fan of Turn A Gundam which is situated between Victory and Reconguista and doesn't provide much information what happened at the end of UC.
alshuJun 9, 2019 4:53 AM
Jun 8, 2019 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
probably steins gate for me, maybe if i rewatch it i would enjoy it more
sao is another one
Jun 8, 2019 7:32 AM

May 2019
FMAB: Probably because my expectations were too high and I'm not a fan of the artstyle either. I watched most of it and I can understand why it's liked by so many people but I just couldn't enjoy it. I kept putting it on hold and trying to get through it but I couldn't. I guess I should try watch it from the beginning again someday
3 gatsu no lion: I watched a bit and just couldn't get through it.
Jun 8, 2019 7:42 AM

Mar 2012
PantsuSenseiUwU said:
@Oussema It'll be a while before I come back around to Naruto, as comedies aren't your thing, actions aren't mine (even though hours watched, shonen is my 2nd highest) If you're not into comedies, I'd tell you to stay away from Gintama. Since that's the majority of the show. I've had kubikiri cycle on PTW for a while and never knew that. Punching that one to the top of the list.
Narushisto said:

After starting Maison Ikkoku, I put mermaid forest on my list. Idk if I want to watch it if it's full of rape. As for MI, I'm 75 episodes in and they are still riding hard on the misunderstandings! Can't say it doesn't frustrate me just as much as it did in the beginning but I'm so close to the payout that I have to finish it.
Not like it's full of it, but it had it at some point. Yeah, I have to finish MI too, curious about the ending.
Jun 8, 2019 5:16 PM

Dec 2010
alshu said:
hack5 said:

- Victory for me is the worst Gundam + Tomino titles I ever watched. (Liked the first OP tho...it kind of lies what the show is about.)
- After Zeta and/or ZZ you should go with Char's Counterattack to complete the Amouro vs Char plot line. Also CCA it's important for Unicorn and Narrative if you want to watch them.
- ZZ is important for the completion of the Kamille's and Haman Karn's story arcs. Also I recommend you to skip the first episode - it's a sort of recap and infodump of things you already know.
- I am not a fan of Turn A Gundam which is situated between Victory and Reconguista and doesn't provide much information what happened at the end of UC.

Thanks for the info I just dread the fact that I have to watch ZZ loL you and Blarey really helped me out,is victory that bad and how about Reconguita I remember watching it (did not finish) everyone said it was hard to understand but from what I watched so far it was not confusing to me at all.
Jun 8, 2019 5:27 PM

Dec 2010
Narushisto said:
Every single Rumiko Takahashi's anime apart from Inuyasha so far!

This is me right here I detest Rumiko Takahashi's work I could only tolarate Inuyasha and Mermaid forest and don't start with Maison Ikkoku ah I hate it so much especially the main heroine,for a big woman who was married acts like a little f-ing school girl and what irritates me the most is people saying it is the best romance ever REALLY!!!
Jun 8, 2019 5:37 PM

Oct 2017
MP100. I tried so hard that when I eventually dropped it I was only 2 episodes away from finishing the second season but I had zero investment. I was genuinely falling asleep watching it so I said fuck it I'm out.

It was the first show that made me realise I don't love all anime. Before that I had watched a bunch of other 'classic' anime and loved them. Monogatari, Eva, Steins;Gate, Clannad... Whenever I didn't like an anime it because it was not good. With MP100 I finally realised I have a taste. If the main appeal is sakuga or battle shounen fight scenes, I'm just not interested. Animation quality does almost nothing for me and fights need to have a certain flavour to them which wasn't present in MP100. I don't know how to put it. Like the fights had no stakes and everything had this vaguely silly and comedic vibe.

Doesn't help that characters are ugly as hell too. It was a jarring abandonment of the traditional attractive, stylish anime asthetic to something that looked more like a wacky western cartoon. I really could go on for far too long about that show. I hope it doesn't go down as classic because I just don't think the story or characters are good enough. Take out all the flashy sakuga and it wouldn't have nearly the same level of success.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 8, 2019 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
Darker Than Black, tried watching it multiple times, but couldn't get past the first 4 episodes, still going to try to get into it just because of its good reputation.
Jun 8, 2019 5:49 PM
Dec 2017
I hope this is taken well not because of my choice but its identity of whether its an anime or not...

Avatar The Legend of Korra. It may be considered anime so I thought I would add it. I was so exited when I first heard the great show Avatar The Last Airbender (whatever your view on it you cannot say it wasn't one of the best stories featuring great characters, plot etc.) but Korra is s@*t to me. I hate the characters the pacing the story and just everything. On 3 separate times I've tried to watch it on my last I did get to the last episode but I hated every minute of it.
Jun 9, 2019 7:58 AM

Nov 2014
Deadman Wonderland
Guilty Crown
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
One Punch Man
Boku no Hero Academia
Death Parade
Kekkai Sensen
Bungou Stray Dogs
Jun 9, 2019 8:06 AM

Jan 2018
The Digimon Tri Series for me. I Absolutely love the Digimon franchise and when I heard the original adventure cast was coming back for a new series, I was super hyped, then it turned to be an absolute mess.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Is it still cool to hate moe? ( 1 2 3 )

Ahegyao - Mar 25, 2021

111 by DesuMaiden »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you look down on people who watch dubbed anime? ( 1 2 3 )

Iron_Leopard - Jun 7

127 by DesuMaiden »»
3 minutes ago

» is being possessive of an anime, a symbol of ur attachment to it?

BerriesSan - Yesterday

6 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» What is the greatest disguise ever?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

28 by DesuMaiden »»
11 minutes ago

» Characters you want to sit on you / in your lap uwu

IpreferEcchi - Jun 10

32 by MinakoBestGirl »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.