Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2018 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
All these feelings...

Well, the finale had a lot of energy with some emotional moments. It felt like a finale that reflected most of the themes in the show and to me, I think this series was overall alright.
Oct 14, 2018 11:37 AM

Apr 2016
And everything is well, as it should be.

I like the ending, the progress of Seiji finally see that his feelings are mutual ... man he took his time with something that was here from the very first episode lol.

From 5/10 to 7/10 just because of the ending.
Oct 14, 2018 11:48 AM
Sep 2015
Now let's go over everything again
Oct 14, 2018 7:19 PM

Nov 2011
Hell yes. HELL YES SEIJI!!!! he was one of my favorite males from the Summer season and he solidified his role even further after this episode. I really like Oko a lot. FUCK YES. Im giving this a 10/10 to raise the score and give this anime justice.

My rating would still be a 7.5/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 14, 2018 8:15 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really enjoyed this series! It was different and interesting. I liked how everyone they've met through solving "mysteries" were continuously seen throughout the rest of the show. The tsukumogami were really cute as well, each had their own personality. I actually quite liked Sataro as well, haha, and wouldn't have minded if Oko decided to choose him, but Seiji is definitely the better choice. He went through a lot to help her and Sataro. I guess the biggest mystery is why Oko decided to go along with the whole thing in the past. Maybe she did have an interest in Sataro, but that changed? I do agree with Oko that Sataro and Seiji make things so complicated, haha. I'd definitely rather just get to the point than all those roundabout ways to "atone" or to show dedication. Not that it's not good, but I guess it's just a difference in values.

Anyways, it was a fun series. Nothing amazing, but still good!
Oct 14, 2018 10:39 PM
Nov 2017
How does Sataro rate a "main" when he was mostly a McGuffin until the final episode?
Oct 15, 2018 3:50 AM

Apr 2016
tingy said:
I guess the biggest mystery is why Oko decided to go along with the whole thing in the past. Maybe she did have an interest in Sataro, but that changed?

Remember in previous episodes ? That young girl (don't remember the name) that married the samurai (one of the pairs) she was asked by her husband if she still love that man she was in love when she was young, and she all angy answered him that "why do man always thinks that if girl love someone when shes young she will love him forever", its the same thing with Oko and Seiji, Oko loved Sataro when she was young (he was handsome, wealthy what girl would not love him) but as the life goes on and the tragedy meets her and her family, she found new love interest, Seiji, who was always with her, helping her he was there for her anytime she needed the most. She pretty much loved Seiji from the very first episode, but it was Seiji's dumbness that was in the way lol

This show has three pairs and a lot of romance talk, wonder why it's not tagged as romance.
SwagernatorOct 15, 2018 3:54 AM
Oct 15, 2018 6:23 AM

Sep 2015
Well, Satarou didn't saw that coming. Too bad for him, good for Oko and Seiji. We need an OVA to confirm how things developed.
Oct 15, 2018 3:32 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was incredibly satisfying, the use of the Tsukumogami, men can't read women like it is most of the time (it was depicted nicely) and the reunion of Seiji and Oko.

Great ending for this show.
Oct 15, 2018 7:43 PM

Oct 2012
A satisfying conclusion to a pretty decent show. I was so happy when Okou went off on Seiji.
Oct 17, 2018 9:01 AM

Oct 2008
good finale episode!
oh how romantic! so that's why Oko-san doesn't want Seiji to call her Nee-san because Oko has her eyes set only for Seiji-san!
5/5.

Jul 1, 2019 6:24 PM

Oct 2015
I liked how Oko diluted the whole tense situation. I'm also glad she didn't accept the incense burner Shichiyo from Sataro, I didn't like that guy at all. He abandoned Okano who loved him a lot despite everything. I do get Okano plotted by hiding the Suou burning incense and it was a bit despicable, but her feelings for him were genuine and he doesn't deserve her. I also liked how the Tsukumogami broke their oath to not speak with humans, and aid in the situation. Seiji is one true person, I liked how he was able to hide his feelings for Oko and made a huge effort in finding happiness for her even though it hurt him. I felt bad for him and I liked how Oko responded in this episode, true love style!

Overall this was very enjoyable in every aspect, such mystery and such drama it had! I didn't have high expectations but it disappointed me and delivered well, makes me very proud. I also liked how they coordinated their characters and how they connected them into the plot, everything was mixed well. The plot was intriguing and made you want to know more, but most of all it was different from archetype anime which is a huge deal BTW.

7/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 9, 2019 6:03 PM

May 2012
It started off quite interesting but towards the middle it started going really downhill in my opinion. In general a decent and nice concept but nothing that really made it stand out in my honest opinion.
Dec 25, 2020 8:13 PM

Jan 2012
And so true love wins out, especially when it's the "not related by blood so it's okay" incest variety! Oh Japan, never change. I kid, I kid...mostly. Anywho this series was...fine. Artstyle wise it was perfectly serviceable. I did think the overarching mystery behind Suou, the missing incense burner, and our love triangle really wasn't strong enough to serve as the backbone of a full 12 episode anime cour. And the ending over the last two episodes felt particularly rushed and unsatisfying. At the same time I didn't really hate watching this. The tsukumogami themselves were all cute enough I suppose, especially bunny comb. Mostly it's just that I'm left wondering...why was this made? From what I can tell it was an original story not based on any source material. Wasn't there an unadapted manga or light novel lying around more deserving of the money used to make this? I dunno, I guess that seems kinda cruel. As I said this didn't really fill me with contempt, it was harmless enough, but mostly just felt....forgettable. Ask me about this series a month from now and I'll probably have forgotten I even watched it. Ask me a year from now and I almost certainly will have. Still, 6/10.

Oh, and for the last time from me this year, Merry Christmas all!

EDIT: Upon closer inspection of this entry's main page apparently it was based on a novel, just not one with its own entry on MAL, but my point still stands. Plenty of more deserving manga/novels could have been adapted instead.
animefan8800Dec 25, 2020 8:21 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsukumogami Kashimasu Episode 2 Discussion

FireCrauter - Oct 14, 2018

3 by _Bakemono_ »»
Jul 22, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tsukumogami Kashimasu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

5 by RafaelDeJongh »»
Dec 19, 2018 3:36 PM

Poll: » Tsukumogami Kashimasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2018

8 by RafaelDeJongh »»
Dec 19, 2018 6:54 AM

Poll: » Tsukumogami Kashimasu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2018

5 by RafaelDeJongh »»
Dec 19, 2018 3:55 AM

Poll: » Tsukumogami Kashimasu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

2 by RafaelDeJongh »»
Dec 17, 2018 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.