Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 2, 2018 10:04 PM

Apr 2014
i didnt feel bad for Nozomi at all but was glad to see her stop listening to that pos couch though

as for Ayano im loving how she is atm cause she's finally letting out all her anger but honestly we all know its not gonna last to much longer even pretty predictable as to whats about to happen next

but yeah a nice ep
"one step at a time"
Sep 24, 2018 6:38 PM

Jun 2013
Seriously, is it not illegal in badminton for the coach to COACH during a match? I know tennis is different, but frickin' Serena Williams got smacked with that one recently.
Sep 30, 2018 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
God I love savage Ayano so much. I hope she never changes
Oct 1, 2018 1:30 PM
Apr 2014
How many people got butthurt over Ayano's attitude? There are cases of "dynamic protagonists", where the protagonist is NOT stereotyped to be all nice and likeable and preferably massaging everyone's comfort shells.

And there can be antiheroes, as well; like Light, and Lelouch. What's the harm now, just because Ayano isn't acting cute and shit?
Nov 4, 2018 2:20 AM

Jul 2011
GiancarloLS said:
How many people got butthurt over Ayano's attitude? There are cases of "dynamic protagonists", where the protagonist is NOT stereotyped to be all nice and likeable and preferably massaging everyone's comfort shells.

And there can be antiheroes, as well; like Light, and Lelouch. What's the harm now, just because Ayano isn't acting cute and shit?

Probably not a good example. Because, Light and Lelouch are fighting for something way above any average anime person is doing; like fate of the world. And what is Ayano fighting for? Actually at this point, none, since she said she doesnt ner mother.

But if you will ask me, I still don't know what should be a good example. I hope she will be okay at the end of the series.
Nov 4, 2018 2:36 AM
Apr 2014
wonderwall said:
GiancarloLS said:

Probably not a good example. Because, Light and Lelouch are fighting for something way above any average anime person is doing; like fate of the world. And what is Ayano fighting for? Actually at this point, none, since she said she doesnt ner mother.

But if you will ask me, I still don't know what should be a good example. I hope she will be okay at the end of the series.

By strict definition of related literature, Ayano is the protagonist. That's it.
If you make a story about Lucifer, he will be the protagonist, and God will be the antagonist. That's how you put up the literature, as based on the viewpoints of Hanebado, Ayano will always be the protagonist because it's her story we are following.
Another example: Christian Bale's character in American Psycho is the protagonist, because its his torture and shiz we are following that story about.

Since there are "Darth Ayanon" memes, let's take Star Wars' prequel then: Is Anakin the antagonist? NO, he's the protagonist all along. Marvel's Darth Vader comics---Darth Vader is the protagonist there, all the jedi are the antagonist.

Being a "protagonist" doesn't always mean the hero. The strict definition is, what or for who is this story for? In this case, the answer is this is Ayano's story. That's it, definition is absolute. And the rest of the people who can't take it are automatically labeled as whiners and losers.
Nov 4, 2018 5:40 PM

Jun 2014
Damn, Nagisa's thunder thighs were blazing in this episode.

BigLips-sensei is annoying af and deserves to smacked in the face with a racket. Or karate chopped in the jugular with the blunt edge.
Mar 8, 2019 9:05 AM

Nov 2013
Overpowered, retarded... Now she is an asshole too? That's too much. Fuck this anime.
Of course Connie will lose to Shitosaki and she will play final against Nagisa.
Hope Nagisa will win.
GvendolineMar 8, 2019 9:31 AM
Jul 24, 2019 12:59 PM
Nov 2013
Hella confused by everyone being like "I don't like the new Ayano"

Guys... That is the OLD Ayano. The shy girl at the beginning was the NEW Ayano. (The enthusiastic one was the OLD OLD Ayano btw)

She had a "winning is everything" attitude and came to the conclusion that it was pointless because her mom was gone, so she wanted to leave badmitten.

Her friend was the one who brought her back, which also means she brought back the old Ayano.

I also have a friend who is a nice dude IRL, but as soon as he does anything that is ranked, his attitude changes over time as he gets better and becomes more arrogant as well. Does it suck? Yea. But its also a part of him that makes him him.

If you guys can't accept the bad parts of people along with the good and work around that, then real friendships don't mean that much to you in the long run.
NakuyJul 24, 2019 1:03 PM
Nov 21, 2019 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
I am kind of curious about whatever nonsense she was muttering.

Jun 19, 2020 12:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Even that monster Ayanon fall silent when Aragaki become so powerful. That noisy coach too, okay! Poor Nozomi, but she deserved shit when shen just dump my girl Riko in the previous match. But, Aragaki, had a problem with her knee. Shit, man!

Ah, that blonde girl come in to disturbing the whole final match to attract more attention. The messy battle might become a disaster then, adding how shit mom until now never show her noses at all. Damn!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 29, 2020 8:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The trainer was so loud and annoying but the match was actually interesting, Nagisa really did great I think
Sep 18, 2021 6:25 AM

Apr 2018
Ayano's character is way too forced at the moment
Nozomi is probably the one normal player here and Aragaki brought her out of her shell.
The coach changed his personality too after that little speech from Nozomi
s\

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jan 24, 2022 12:58 PM

Feb 2020
Ayano's cold personality feels so odd. She's not the same girl anymore.

Nozomi's coach was pretty hilarious, haha.

Good job, Nagisa! That was a great match! However, I'm still quite worried of her knee.
Sep 29, 2022 11:48 AM

Apr 2013
That trainer did a 360 a bit too fast. Same with Ayano, the "development" of these characters progresses a bit too fast imo.
Aug 19, 2023 10:22 PM

May 2010
I actually like what happened to Ayano's personality, but I feel like what's throwing everyone off is that there's no consistency in her character. People don't usually suddenly switch personality like a light switch. If there was more of a transition between goodie Ayano and edgy Ayano, or at the very least a better connection between the two personalities, then I think more viewers would accept it.
“Money can't buy dere”
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Does Uchika deserve any redemption?

MCA5EY - Dec 26, 2018

10 by _PEAK »»
Mar 17, 6:13 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

121 by Kaisoooo94 »»
May 26, 2023 7:53 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2018

209 by Destroyer31 »»
May 9, 2023 6:51 AM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

126 by Ronninn »»
Dec 10, 2022 10:30 PM

Poll: » Hanebado! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Ronninn »»
Dec 7, 2022 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.