Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 17, 2018 8:47 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
That was ok. At least the setting is a somewhat realistic future. No clerk grocery stores, robots doing menial labor that no one else wants to, etc.

I like the character designs of the 4 robo girls at least. But everything else seemed pretty safe and generic. Music didn't really stand out that much either.

I'm not too huge on robots personally, but I wouldn't mind seeing where this goes.

Also yay for ClariS ED!
Jan 17, 2018 1:46 PM
Oct 2017
I liked the story, but the animation is not one of the best. I do not like the "camera" angle, they could focus on the actions of the characters. I did not like the angle of"camera", they could focus on the actions of the characters instead of showing the whole scenenario, and, of course, do the animation movement more naturally.
Jan 17, 2018 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
holy... GARBAGE anime. plot doesn't make sense whatsoever. characters are bland and generic. animating this is prob going to cost upwards of 1m dollars. let that sink in
Jan 17, 2018 4:48 PM
Sep 2016
dropped it half way in, just browsing to see if i should give it one more ago, but its seems like another B anime that will be forgotten in a few weeks
Jan 17, 2018 11:07 PM

Apr 2015
Not original in the slightest, and shots & dialogues are drab, especially in the SOL parts. Some anime typical contrived plot devices too, very run of the mill stuff. Compared to Clockwork Planet less weird(bad) more professional(good)

But then in shows like this where the viewer gives up on high end potential from the start it ultimately boils down into how entertaining it is, how the annoying points are kept to a minimum, and how attractive the girls are; first point we'll have to see, second point it's okay so far, and third point they are pretty enough. So can still be a solid show. Hope I get a solid timekiller

ED focusing on imouto is interesting, so she's getting killed next week I presume?
LanzJan 18, 2018 11:06 AM
Jan 17, 2018 11:38 PM
Jul 2012
I have to ask, for all the people complaining about and or dreading if this is going to be an mc falls in love with android girl anime.... did they not read the genres on the anime page? It clearly says "Action, Sci-fi, DRAMA, ROMANCE." Like, what were people expecting when watching this? Sure it seems very generic thus far and the concept has been done before, but most anime nowadays is in the same boat across the different genres of being generic and unoriginal anyways.

Personally, I kind of like the setting and aside from the slightly irritating inconsistency in some of the art, in the cases of what some characters were saying and doing at the time, as others have pointed out previously, I think the show still looks, art wise, pretty good, or at the very least a bit better then the first 6 anime I've seen this season so far. Was kind of disappointed with how "Sora yori mo Tooi Basho" looks, considering it's by Madhouse, and this at least looks much better art wise than that for the most part. Though the CG is kinda shoddy, I feel like I'm used to seeing it, especially in seeing those same cars, in mostly every other anime, so not really a bother there. MC does seem like the annoying, do-gooder, pussy type, but again, most protags are nowadays, just a fact of current day anime. Also pretty jarring how MC wasn't really fazed after almost getting killed, but maybe they'll touch on that more next episode?

Those cons aside, I'm kind of interested in how the romance will develop and what the drama is going to entail. Will be interesting to see if the end of this anime gives me some feels like Plastic Memories did, but at the very least it so far it isn't nearly as bad as some anime I've watched, especially after last season, so we'll see.
No I don't read manga. Why? Because according to MAL manga readers, all anime is either: too rushed, too slow, anime original, or a terrible adaption. I like to enjoy anime for what it is, anime.
Jan 18, 2018 9:25 AM
Dec 2017
Zarial said:
...going to be an mc falls in love with android girl...

They can't win that one, because such a premise immediately implies comparison with Blade Runner, which is a cult movie. Furthermore, the japanese don't really have an eye for romance, they too reserved and predestined for unhappiness.
Jan 18, 2018 3:30 PM

Aug 2017
Given the news of Beatless being a 2-cour, I'm a bit more put at ease regarding the pacing from the first episode (though it ended up where I thought it would). Still slightly worried about having enough material to make it through 24 eps however, considering there's only 2 volumes of manga adaptation and, from there, the rest would be coming directly from the novel.

This season itself has already been full of both good surprises and disappointments, so I don't think it's easy to call off anything at the moment (I'm gonna keep watching the other couple of shows I'm skeptical about). Given how tightly the anime kept to the source material I have good hopes for the near future.

Again though, this show falls under a mix of genres that can't possibly meet everyone's diverse expectations of what path it should take, so I expect that various comparisons people are making are tinged with former experiences with similar shows to some degree. If I had to make any comparisons myself, I'm getting some vibes from the drama/romance half of Plastic Memories (excluding the SoL aspect to PM), the philosophizing of Eve no Jikan, and some government/corporate aspect from somewhere (dare I say Grisaia? not quite Ghost in the Shell)
Jan 18, 2018 3:53 PM
Mar 2017
the only think that bothers me so far is how Arato looks waaay cooler on the picture used for his character than in the anime itself.
also I hope they make the sci-fi talk and world building a bit more interesting than it is now
Jan 18, 2018 9:53 PM

Nov 2013
So it's Clockwork Planet, Plastic Memories and Guilty Crown at the same time? Seems legit.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 19, 2018 11:38 AM

Sep 2015
This is basically Plastic Memories and maybe Guilty Crown combined. Also a VN I played in the past reminds me of this.
Jan 19, 2018 1:13 PM
Dec 2017
Tacsk0 said:
... I'm almost certain the sibling's absent father is a robotics corp. boffin or exec ...

That's now confirmed by ep02. Prof. Arato is some kind of a Mr. Susan Calvin, thus nobody is suprised his son owns a luxury model android. On the other hand son is way too clueless concerning HIEs, compared to his classmates, which is unrealistic.
Jan 20, 2018 2:11 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, I feel like I learned absolutely nothing about either the characters or their world from this. The designs and what little story there appears to be at this point look pretty generic. The episode felt like almost nothing happened and yet too much happened all at once, the pacing was really off.

I hear this might be a 24 episode anime. I'm not even going to bother with something that runs that long and is this tiresome. I'm not even going to bother with another episode.
Jan 21, 2018 2:57 PM

Dec 2010
Why do people even like this type of main characters? And those little annoying sisters?

I am predicting things: some "nasty looking" thing will happen: be it cleavage right before mc face and then his sister will come in and say: Onii chaan! with a blush.

Meh.
Jan 22, 2018 12:34 PM
Nov 2017
Kinda meh at this point, but looks to have potential.
Jan 23, 2018 4:11 AM

Dec 2010
Now that I read this, it does seem very similar to Guilty Crown hahaha
Jan 24, 2018 6:49 AM
Apr 2017
This looks decent, nothing too innovative.
Jan 24, 2018 11:13 AM

Sep 2017
The first episode got my interest.

Hope it is going to be a good one :3

Jan 27, 2018 5:05 AM

Jul 2011
Another school kids anime with whinny mc and his nasty sister (presumably with "oniichan" complex).

Plus "barbiegirl" AI living with him (Order me mastaaaa! :D )

Kinda Eve no jikan mix with Elfen Lied..

So original :D

Jan 27, 2018 7:30 AM
Mar 2012
Starts the same as Brynhildr or Elfenlied, superpowered grills escape a facility & mob tries to capture them, but with robots. Not much to do with GC except Inori/redjuice.
Hope mc's not another harem magnet...
Animation just so-so expected of diomedea, safe for 2 cour.
ONIICHAN!!! Ah pls no, wait there's 3 bro-sis pairs.
Mostly generic, few surprises were petals turning into bugs & creepy decapitated bot.
The Scifi worldbuilding has some thought, eg grocery shopping & cooling sleeves, but drags during the action parts with legislation stuff. Assuming this isn't ActiveRaid.
Jan 27, 2018 3:54 PM

Mar 2009
This is my favorite Nier: Automata anime of the season.
Jan 29, 2018 4:20 PM

Nov 2012
IN THE FUTURE (which is surprisingly interesting and clearly has some thought put into it)

THE ONE GUY WHO LIKES THE ROBOT SERVANTS (you're telling me there's NOT a ton of robot otakus??? yeah right that's the least believable thing in all of this) AND TAKES NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO USER AGREEMENTS TO THE EXTREME (yeah sure i trust you crazy robot who just told me this attack could kill innocent people)

BEFRIENDS A ROBOT WHO IS VERY ANIME AND HAS A VERY ANIME WEAPON BECAUSE UM???? (what purpose do these guys have?)

AND WILL PROBABLY BECOME THE CENTER OF HIS OWN ROBOT HAREM BY THE END OF THE SEIES

(meh. this has just enough of my interest to continue thanks to the interesting future concept)
Jan 29, 2018 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
What? Why? How? I don't know what I just watched. Is the guy going to ignore the all important questions of why he was attacked and why the top secret android picked him as the owner? I thought the robots couldn't attack humans, so why did the pixie attack him? The setup made absolutely no sense at all and as a result I found this boring as sin.
Feb 3, 2018 6:23 AM

Feb 2014
So this effeminate ladyboi was fine with disabling the life support systems of hospitalized people just to save his own ass? I would have liked to see at least some hesitation from a guy who is supposed to be kind to even "soulless" robots.

Seems pretty bland and generic as of now. Except for the grills. Glad the red haired girl doesn't have cow tits, liked they usually do in battle ecchi anime.
Seiji Mizushima is the only reason I picked this up.
Feb 9, 2018 5:07 PM

Aug 2012
There are so many filler scenes, I've read the first 3 chapters of novel and the sister doesn't appear
Feb 10, 2018 12:33 AM

Jan 2018
That was a great episode, at least for me. I love Lacia's design, I feel somehow safe and calm whenever I look into her blue eyes. Good animation. Moreover, their grocery store is very high tech! Especially the counter! >___< Tbh, I'm not into robotic girl kind of anime but this will be an exception.

I'm looking forward for more enjoyment for the next episodes. I hope it won't disappoint me, since I saw the rating in this anime is quite a bit low.

Oh, me as well. I think I love Ms. Lacia too!
Mar 4, 2018 1:22 PM

Jul 2015
Just started watching this and it has me really interested, i get a To Aru vibe for some reason and can't quite explain it. Maybe it is the art style or because it is based around science etc.

Looking forward to seeing how this series progresses :)
Mar 5, 2018 1:43 PM

Jun 2016
Guilty Crown 2.0 convirmed!!
Mar 15, 2018 1:12 PM

Apr 2014
This was so bland.. Even ClariS can't save it.
Mar 27, 2018 8:16 AM

May 2017
Watched the first episode, now I'm going to drop this series because of how awful the story execution is. The animation and character design is good but goddamn the story is as awful as I thought it would be
81982062_p0
May 6, 2020 8:51 AM

Feb 2018
Nice sci-fi anime, Graphic design it's very good.
Dec 25, 2022 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
one of the most I avoid.. it is too realistic, yet high-tech sci-fi.. and soulless things..
Its still taboo for me, yet IK we lived on this kind of world now..
I don't want to accept this kind of reality..

Apr 23, 2023 8:55 AM
May 2021
The concept is interesting, like an I, Robot the anime. Might get into an episode or two because the characters are pretty bland
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beatless Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

12 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 5:16 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 19 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

5 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 30, 2023 4:31 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 18 Discussion

8 by SWtaervdesn »»
Dec 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 17 Discussion

4 by SWtaervdesn »»
Nov 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Beatless Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

40 by bakakisima »»
Jun 17, 2023 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.