Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 20, 2022 4:45 AM

Aug 2022
I feel like the manga became worse after he killed Doma. Also I don't know how to feel about this ending. 5/10 from me.
UnknownGhost5Dec 2, 2022 1:23 PM
Dec 12, 2022 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
WTF?
San = Sun and Luna = Moon
I still don't understand the ending lmao

Dec 22, 2022 5:55 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The ending fits the weirdness of the manga, for sure
Dec 23, 2022 5:51 PM

Nov 2017
just finished it and daaang what a crazy insterstellar ride was that! Fujimoto really do cinematic style in manga format lol!
in short we're just witnessing a life of two immortal beings until the end of earth and also the end of their time as immortals, other stuff or plots are just extras. I guess? lol
lots of confusing stuff but still a great read til the end!
Dec 29, 2022 8:24 AM

Dec 2021
Although i'm still very confused about what happened in some parts I guess it all worked out??
Jan 3, 2023 10:46 PM

Jan 2021
So it's over... I don't really know what to say, I'm at a loss for words. I definitely liked the ending but it was so sudden, I haven't really taken any of it in yet. So now Sun and Luna will now forever sleep? I thought it was going to be an adam and eve type thing but I guess not. I'm glad they got their happy ending but wow what a crazy journey. So what I'm taking from it is that Sun watched the movie and knew there was someone he had to search for so he spent FOREVER(literally) doing so. I always have such a weird feeling whenever I finish any of Fujimoto's work, it's such an empty but satisfying feeling, I can't explain it but I'm sure some of you have also felt it. I like to comment on these because I get to see others opinions from years ago or even recent, it's a pretty nice feeling knowing i'm part of something so big. But I guess this is me signing off for the night lol, it's been a long, emotional and fun night, see yall in other discussion pages!
Jan 5, 2023 3:22 PM
Mar 2018
GosuDRM said:
WTF?
San = Sun and Luna = Moon
I still don't understand the ending lmao
Also, Judah = Judas. There's an East Asian tree called the Judas tree with beautiful flowers that was named after the tree that Judas hanged himself from. 
Bad Prose™
Jan 6, 2023 6:49 PM

Mar 2020
you know what im gonna say it............ the story got better after togata died
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jan 9, 2023 2:17 PM
Mar 2018
BlufaceBaby said:
you know what im gonna say it............ the story got better after togata died
Regardless of whether the story is better with or without Togata, the story would have been shit without her. She's the engine.
Bad Prose™
Jan 13, 2023 2:19 PM

Sep 2011
This certainly was one of the manga of all time.  I can't even begin to understand how I felt about the story though the art was really good.  It didn't just fall of the rails after Togata died, it hit a 90 degree angle straight up and drifted from rollercoaster to rollercoaster.   I guess at the end of the day it gets a Fire Punch/10
Jan 23, 2023 12:58 PM

Oct 2022
I... this is truly something. Its a 10/10 that I don't want to give a 10/10
REGULAR SHOW TROUNCES ANY ANIME. PEAK FICTION

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Feb 2, 2023 5:52 AM

Jan 2020
Yeah holy shit, it's even better now than when I first read it even though I loved it then. 

Fire Punch really delivered such an optimistic and hopeful message even in such a nihilistic story and setting. The idea that regardless of whatever pain you go through in life you should still live, even if you have to be someone else in order to do so. Agni died when he was burned by Doma, but through the wish of Luna who wanted him to live, he became an avenger, a hero, a god and in the end, Fire Punch, just so he gains the will to live. However he learns that he should be the person he desires to be above all else rather than becoming someone another person perceives him as. Agni's true self is embodied by the inherent desire to see Luna again and protect her.

This theme was also reflected in other characters such as Togata who originally wanted to be a hero but lost sight of that and became crazy, but in the end he saved Agni's life by sacrificing himself. Also Judah with her paralleling Agni, as she also wore a mask of being God's servant, but in the end she desired to become a person who wants to protect the one that she loves.

By the conclusion of Agni's journey, he was rewarded with the ultimate reunion with the one he lost, as even if it was Judah, she believed herself to be Luna, and in the end, that's all that really matters.

They're all just actors on a set becoming anything they want to be.

A truly beautiful story and message that is often misunderstood as meaningless nonsense, which is a massive shame. Fujimoto, what a man you are. 10/10
Nano201102Feb 2, 2023 6:44 AM
Feb 4, 2023 12:06 AM
Apr 2022
I didn't understand a damn thing happened after chapter I think 54 or 55? But enjoyed it for whatever it was.
9/10
Great stuff fujimoto
Feb 6, 2023 7:58 PM
Jul 2018
this shit is ass (2)
Feb 10, 2023 4:16 PM

Jan 2020
A really good read I enjoyed this although I was confused at times I tried my best to put things together lmao 8/10 I enjoy fujimotos art and put together with wacky stories always makes for a treat.
:)
Feb 27, 2023 7:18 AM
Feb 2022
Puede interpretarse de dos maneras. Judah y Agni por fin han muerto como tanto han querido al quedarse dormidos, o ambos estarán juntos en el espacio ahora. Lo más importante es que los dos no volverán a estar solos nunca más. Un buen manga, con un comienzo algo lento, pero que después se vuelve muy interesante. Buena lectura.
Mar 2, 2023 4:47 AM
Jul 2018
This was just completely sad, he fought and fought and lived through everything and in the end even got lost in time and space. This story was sad and awesome. It also gave the fear to readers that immortality is boring. I am glad I was able to find this and read it. Thank you.
Mar 4, 2023 12:12 PM

Sep 2010
RahulGandhiHalwa said:
I didn't understand a damn thing happened after chapter I think 54 or 55? But enjoyed it for whatever it was.
9/10
Great stuff fujimoto

yep, same here but 7/10 for me lol
Mar 8, 2023 10:09 AM
Aug 2021
This has just become one of my favorite manga ever, way up there with the likes of Akira and Berserk.
Mar 19, 2023 8:09 AM
Sep 2022
Most Beautiful Manga Ending....
Apr 11, 2023 9:32 PM
Apr 2023
Little out of nowhere but a regular ending to a good series
Apr 12, 2023 1:12 PM

Jan 2023
Very cool and soulful. Judah remained in the center of the tree, Agni from the ruined earth somehow got to her after many years, and when they met, both found peace and were able to die.
I'm reading Chainsaw-Man right now and it's nice to see so many references from Fire Punch in it!
May 3, 2023 7:30 PM

Aug 2020
This was a wild journey... Just finished it after reading the whole manga through a couple of hours. It went to some existence questions in the last chapters, and even though I prefer the action, it served as a good tone for the story in general. Kept me interested this whole time.

May 15, 2023 12:52 PM
Jul 2020
i felt empty inside.
Aug 18, 2023 10:26 PM
Mar 2021
DrPlonker said:
Man what a ride this was, especially the ending. Just the two of them alone, watching the post credit scene. Looking forward to the author's next work
then get back online and read csm, plonky
Aug 19, 2023 3:12 PM
Aug 2023
Absolute masterpiece! One of the best reads Ive had in a long time
Sep 8, 2023 1:36 AM
Apr 2019
Holy hell, this was a really wild ride. I have mixed feelings about the ending, or rather I'm not sure what to feel about it, though I am glad to have read this just for the wtf factor alone
Sep 23, 2023 7:29 AM

Dec 2012
Very underrated manga for sure. I hope we get some sort of anime adaptation of this.
Nov 23, 2023 12:57 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Kuma
awesome ride, everything flow just the way it is... just like life... that in the end, it's all turn to dust....

really nice both of them united after soo long....

will put solid 10/10....

CaptainZoro said:
Still enjoyed it, even I didnt unterstand a shit what was going on. What a ride, I won't miss ya ;)

which part you didn't understand?
@Kuma people really just slap 10/10 on everything
Nov 23, 2023 1:09 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to Suave-
@Kuma people really just slap 10/10 on everything
@Suave- you didn't even check my list, which is public. you are the one that not even bother to check. what made you think you have the high horse to have looking down on me?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 23, 2023 2:42 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Kuma
@Suave- you didn't even check my list, which is public. you are the one that not even bother to check. what made you think you have the high horse to have looking down on me?
@Kuma No i did check out your list but it’s pretty irrelevant, i’m just saying i often see a lot of people slap 10/10 on titles without knowing the weight of it and fire punch was definitely not a perfect masterpiece lmao, also i’m not looking down on you, nobody said that.
Nov 23, 2023 5:13 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to Suave-
@Kuma No i did check out your list but it’s pretty irrelevant, i’m just saying i often see a lot of people slap 10/10 on titles without knowing the weight of it and fire punch was definitely not a perfect masterpiece lmao, also i’m not looking down on you, nobody said that.
@Suave- oh yeah, mr "how dare other people rate this 10/10". you didn't bother to check information because you think it's irrelevant, you are the one that didn't bother to weight anything.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 23, 2023 5:36 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Kuma
@Suave- oh yeah, mr "how dare other people rate this 10/10". you didn't bother to check information because you think it's irrelevant, you are the one that didn't bother to weight anything.
@Kuma Well it is sort of irrelevant isn’t it? What does your other manga/anime ratings have to do with your rating of fire punch? I get that your average rating was between 6-7/10, but fire punch is soo undeserving of being called a masterpiece throughout history lmao.
Nov 24, 2023 3:29 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to Suave-
@Kuma Well it is sort of irrelevant isn’t it? What does your other manga/anime ratings have to do with your rating of fire punch? I get that your average rating was between 6-7/10, but fire punch is soo undeserving of being called a masterpiece throughout history lmao.
@Suave- but your point that you quote me as if i just slap 10/10 easily was wrong and innacurate. how is that irrelevant? you are just had wrong assumption. also what make you authority to call somthing undeserving?
Nov 24, 2023 4:16 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Kuma
@Suave- but your point that you quote me as if i just slap 10/10 easily was wrong and innacurate. how is that irrelevant? you are just had wrong assumption. also what make you authority to call somthing undeserving?
@Kuma Nothing gives me the authority to do so, i’m just a random fella on the internet, just like you. But this is a forum, and i just wanted to point out that people really often slap 10/10 on titles which are not masterpieces. try explaining to me how fire punch is a masterpiece, maybe i might change my mind.
Nov 24, 2023 9:28 PM

Mar 2015
Reply to Suave-
@Kuma Nothing gives me the authority to do so, i’m just a random fella on the internet, just like you. But this is a forum, and i just wanted to point out that people really often slap 10/10 on titles which are not masterpieces. try explaining to me how fire punch is a masterpiece, maybe i might change my mind.
@Suave- you are the one that made claim, why it's my job to explain it? have you never had any rational conversation before?
Nov 25, 2023 1:27 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Kuma
@Suave- you are the one that made claim, why it's my job to explain it? have you never had any rational conversation before?
@Kuma Well case shut then, people slap 10/10 on anything, peace ✌️
Nov 25, 2023 2:17 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to Suave-
@Kuma Well case shut then, people slap 10/10 on anything, peace ✌️
@Suave- and you quote me, the very thing proven you wrong. i don't slap 10/10 on everything. you already start yor statement from wrong assumption. how the hell you think your aregument worth any value?
Dec 16, 2023 7:47 AM
Jan 2023
Protagonist is burning and everything he touches burns too.
Great setup
Dec 20, 2023 5:19 PM
May 2018
Creo que le falto un poco al cierre
Jan 2, 7:40 PM

Feb 2012
Either it was Adam and Eve or Sun and the Moon. Well a good read nonetheless. After reading almost all of his work I really question Fujimoto’s sanity.
Mar 24, 2:40 AM
Aug 2021
The movie is over.
May 5, 6:50 AM
Apr 2021
es una puta obra de arte simplemente no puedo describir lo que acabo de leer
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fire Punch Chapter 27 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2016

7 by Kizuki01 »»
May 30, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Fire Punch Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

10 by Kizuki01 »»
May 24, 1:18 AM

Poll: » Fire Punch Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

8 by Kizuki01 »»
May 16, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Fire Punch Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2016

10 by Kizuki01 »»
May 9, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Fire Punch Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2016

7 by Kizuki01 »»
May 2, 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.