Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 14, 2019 5:51 AM
Jan 2019
I just feel like the main character is a coward that depends on sami to survive;she shielded him from the bullets, so, if sami wasn't there, he would have just died. She sacrificed herself to keep the main character alive
May 27, 2019 6:50 PM

Jun 2014
This got dark fast, especially fast for a Shoujo Anime. I did not expect this at all.

Many people on the Mud Whale have been massacred, including Sami. :(

Oct 28, 2019 6:03 PM

Aug 2008
well this was disappointing, villains are supposed to be emotionless, yet here we got bunch of clowns who enjoy killing
Aug 21, 2020 10:25 AM

Dec 2008
Sad to see the children crying. BUt it brought a good point to mind which is sadly over used in anime: Why were the bad guys all darker skinned when they were full uniforms, armor, helmets and masks; yet all the "good guys" on the mud while whom are out in the bright sun every day, have no tan whatsoever.
I smell some of that subconscious racism the japanese can sometimes have for darker skin. IT happend when their ancestors killed most of the Ainu already living on the island htousands of years ago, and even to this day, I still read about stories or see a video about a "jap" person with darker skin, even slightly dark, and slightly reddish hair, being mocked , called ugly, or messed with. Bigotry is so lame.
Still what also pissed me off was the weakness of the inhabitants. You have a defense force for a reason, and clearly your ancestors were fighters, maybe that rebelled and left the war centuries ago. YEt they choose not to fight, and not to kill to protect. THats thr same thing I hated about Batman. If not for his inaction, hundreds of thousands of people would be alive, but because BAts never killed villains like the Joker, far too many lives are lost. ONto the next ep of this strange tale.
Aug 25, 2020 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
That was pretty tragic with everyone they knew and loved being massacred by some scum. Respect to Ouni for doing the dirty work nobody else wouldn't do. Can't really blame them for trying to keep it peaceful despite their comrades getting slain left and right considering they have peace ingrained in their mind with how they were punished whenever they did something bad.

Mar 23, 2021 9:14 AM

May 2015
Damn Nazi Germans strikes again!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 21, 2021 2:20 AM

Feb 2014
Yikes, this was such a sad episode, and a lot more violent than I was expecting from this show. I thought it was interesting how you couldn't tell what any of the enemies looked like until their masks broke or they took them off. You kinda don't think about your enemies as people during a battle, especially if they're completely covered in head to toe, but take the mask off and you realize that, at the end of the day, we're all just people...

I almost looked like the jester soldiers were being controlled to use their weapons at some points, especially the guy who threw the spear at the bald guy

Looks like Lykos has connections to the enemies, and even her own brother is high up on the ladder of some sorts! But he abandoned her omg O_o

I prefer Suou's way of trying to find peace to end violence, but I gotta admit, Ouni was hella badass when he was fighting the enemies! He also was able to find out that they were attacking again in seven days, even though he tortured them, that's valuable information.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2021 10:03 AM

Jun 2016
That was quite a peaceful slaughter. It's not like the invaders were in any real rush to murder everyone. They, in fact, did it at a snail's pace. At least we got to see Ouni in action. No surprise tho that he got slapped. The Mud Whale is full of peaceful people. Violence, to them, is never the answer, it seems.

Couldn't help but hehe at Lykos's memory of Sami. Like, why did that need to be shown? Oh aye, she has dem feels now.

So Lykos brother wants to keep the people of the Mud Whale alive to see what effect it has on his sister. I swear, if it's only to make her "human" again, I'm not gonna be happy.

I don't think this show does running cycles that well. I've seen two already that are just plain awful. Will there be more to come?

Jun 23, 2022 1:15 PM

May 2019
Damn, this was good! I think we found a hidden gem 0_0
Jul 25, 2022 9:31 AM

Feb 2017
Gosh Sami is one of the saddest anime deaths I've seen a while. She had quick thinking and did a beautiful thing by making herself a shield for Chakuro.

This series is so heavy. I can tell it'll be phenomenal.
Apr 7, 9:55 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
Wow the power of mc has started when the other instantly killed but he the only one saved from getting shoot or stab
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.