Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
UQ Holder
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2017 1:13 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I wonder why Evangeline's eyes looks like purple and not blue LOL

We got onsen episode with a lot of flashbacks. I haven't read the manga so I have no idea about the story (manga chapters is still on my phone but haven't read it yet.) but I must say that the animation is good.

Mod Edit: Removed DL link.
ShockedSep 9, 2017 1:54 PM
Kitan~!
Sep 9, 2017 7:56 AM

Jul 2016
Though some plot was changed a little bit (Especially the final part), it's still nearly same as the manga did (Thanks to Akamatsu directed the anime this time), but I wonder why didn't he just put the Eva's vision and thought of Touta's training/flashbacks into the manga instead of the OVA?

So that's how Dana meet Eva for first time, and lol at Dana is the one who calling Eva to kill her.

As for the voices, it's good and almost same as my imagination for their voices except of Touta which he sound too feminine for his character (I guess they do it due to his grandfather Negi were also voiced by a female VA too), but the acting is still find. I personally think if they want to have Touta voiced by a female VA they should at least find Junko Takeuchi to voice him, as she can have voice sound like a actual teenage boy and isn't sound too feminine at all.

Overall the OVA is good and nice but I still can't trust the anime will being painfully adapted the manga, due to how the Negima TV show was aired.

Edited: Oh and also they're reusing the original Negima's ending song as the ending song of the OVA, except of Touta and Kuromaru's VA singing it instead of Negi and Asuna's.
MahiaErebeaNegiSep 9, 2017 8:05 AM
Sep 9, 2017 2:42 PM
Jun 2017
Anyone know where I can watch it. It's not on kissanime
Sep 9, 2017 11:39 PM

Jul 2016
Otaku__Life said:
Anyone know where I can watch it. It's not on kissanime

Here you go but this is Chinese sub: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzJADWUimP4
Sep 10, 2017 6:43 AM

Oct 2011
I only saw a little (didn't found with sub yet)...

overall, the animation looks good... and I like the VAs (except for Touta... I don't know... sounds too childish and feminine ^^' ). I loved Kirie's VA <3

the story looks like Touta's training, but by Eva's point of view... is interesting for who actually read the manga...
but, since the TV series will be released soon, people would probably watch this thinking that is an "intro" and feel lost ^^'
Sep 10, 2017 9:15 PM

Jan 2008
Not liking Touta's VA right now, but will most likely grow use to it after a couple more episodes once the TV series airs.

Hearing adult Eva sounding exactly the same as regular Eva is a bit strange as well. Expected her to at least change the tone.

Well I'm all for more Eva screentime, regardless of form and Kirei too, with her sticky white stuff bit.

Sep 12, 2017 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
VA choices are horrible. Usually I dont mind this but this OVA screams this fact. I hope they will change VAs in the TV show.

Like all of them except the rift witch. Also animation was cheap as well. And they really make an OVA about spa fanservice + "one of the most important fb in the show" ?? Damn I am salty.

God that was awful...
Sep 13, 2017 10:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
never really liked enangeline in any of the negimas but i feel like shes gonna grow on me... altho idk wtf they were even saying lol
Sep 18, 2017 8:41 PM

Sep 2013
already read the manga until the part they doing a race (forgot the name)
the animation looks good but the seiyuu sounds a little weird especially the MC.
hopefully they adapt the manga from the start for the TV series.
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Oct 21, 2017 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
The animation was mediocre compared to the Negima OVAs. This was more of a 3 for me. They could've gone more into Eva's past instead of the fanservice but that's asking for too much. I'm worried that this won't follow the Manga if Negima is anything to go by.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Oct 26, 2017 2:19 PM
Feb 2016
i dont know anything about this anime but this ova was rly good
the art the style of it perfect.
Nov 3, 2017 5:47 PM
Feb 2016
So I've watched this OVA and some question just came up to my mind. Is the "Touta" in the OVA the same as in the anime ?
Was he her first love ?
And when was the setting ?
Thx for any helpπŸ‘
Ps: sorry if my english isnt that good
Nov 8, 2017 1:00 AM
Feb 2014
Felix7921 said:
So I've watched this OVA and some question just came up to my mind. Is the "Touta" in the OVA the same as in the anime ?
Was he her first love ?
And when was the setting ?
Thx for any helpπŸ‘
Ps: sorry if my english isnt that good

Nov 10, 2017 3:08 PM

Sep 2015
I really enjoyed the OVA. Always good, when they stick to the manga real close.
Too bad it seems they kinda ran out of time to show the complete story with the last and most important meeting of Touta and Eva.

At least i liked this OVA more than the TV Series so far.
And i really loved the reusage of the original ending.
This is just the beginning...

Dec 21, 2017 6:45 PM
Jan 2017
She likes negi father XD thats why negi promoss to her that he would save hin but he faild but in UQ chapther 140 i think they show us a happy ending here touta dind t exist and eva is mereid with negi father XD megi father has eva s 1 love i think
Jan 2, 2018 5:46 AM

Jun 2011
Reminded me of why I disliked UQ Holder, screw Touta x Eva.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 14, 2018 10:30 PM
Dec 2015
I should watch the ova before or after the anime of UQ holder?
Jan 14, 2018 11:29 PM
Feb 2014
tokyo3hunna said:
I should watch the ova before or after the anime of UQ holder?

well...they reordered things in the anime. Part of the stuff from the OVA is helpful to know in between Episodes 10 and 11.

BUT the OVA can be watched just fine immediately following the ending of the anime, it is almost a perfect transition.
You still may wind up lost if you don't read the manga but if you make it to that point, I suspect you'd be used to slight inconsistencies anyway, so can enjoy it without problems.
Apr 13, 2018 11:57 AM

Jan 2013
the meta was mildly strong in this one. broken timelines make for a somewhat thoughtful afternoon tea one could say...
Apr 23, 2018 5:53 AM
Jun 2017
I like this one, and its all about Yukihime's past (500 yrs ago) when she was still a child and met Kouta... hahaha

*well atleast i have an idea why she says 500 yrs late (on the last episode of Uq holder)...
Apr 26, 2018 11:32 AM
Mar 2016
How the hell Yukihime met touta 500 years in the past?
Apr 26, 2018 12:00 PM
Feb 2014
Whoahoho said:
How the hell Yukihime met touta 500 years in the past?

Touta training with the witch Dana.

May 10, 2018 10:07 PM

Dec 2014
Finally saw the OVa... nice but do not know hether they sub othr episodes or not
May 10, 2018 11:11 PM
Feb 2014
ibraheem234 said:
Finally saw the OVa... nice but do not know hether they sub othr episodes or not

Second was subbed, a bit late but subbed. Though I haven't watched it yet.
May 11, 2018 9:46 AM

Dec 2014
NegimaSonic said:
ibraheem234 said:

I hope to find it soon too
May 11, 2018 11:42 PM
Feb 2014
ibraheem234 said:
NegimaSonic said:

Oh I already know where to see it just haven't watched it. But rules against copyright and whatnot. It's probably googleable by this point so you should find it on a site of your choice.
May 12, 2018 10:58 AM

Dec 2014
NegimaSonic said:
ibraheem234 said:

Oh I already know where to see it just haven't watched it. But rules against copyright and whatnot. It's probably googleable by this point so you should find it on a site of your choice.

thanks..I'll look it up then
Oct 18, 2019 10:53 AM

Apr 2013
So we get some fanservice and Eva backstory in the first OVA. Was alright I guess, a fanservice-centered episode with Eva would be nice.
Jan 2, 2020 8:13 AM
Aug 2018
I dont really understand the timeline.

Like how touta go back again and again in the past?

When does the Witch starts training her? Did I miss it in the anime?
Jan 8, 2020 6:24 AM

Jul 2016
Pisces05 said:
I dont really understand the timeline.

Like how touta go back again and again in the past?

When does the Witch starts training her? Did I miss it in the anime?

Read the manga, the anime skipped and butchered a lot of stuffs.
Mar 30, 2022 6:33 PM

Nov 2010
Awesome fanservice! I really love seeing those girls naked. hehe

I love Evangeline's lolita form. She's so cute and lovable in that form!

I don't understand how Touta can go back and forth from the present to the past. It's so unfortunate how the plot was handled, especially since it's so animated well.
Feb 11, 5:46 AM

Oct 2016
The episode was great, and I never expected Eva's first love to be Touta himself. What surprised me was how Touta could have existed since 500+ years ago when Eva was still very young. That was truly a good plot twist, I enjoyed very much about this episode more than original series adaptation xD
Feb 12, 3:12 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to F124N
The episode was great, and I never expected Eva's first love to be Touta himself. What surprised me was how Touta could have existed since 500+ years ago when Eva was still very young. That was truly a good plot twist, I enjoyed very much about this episode more than original series adaptation xD
What surprised me was how Touta could have existed since 500+ years ago when Eva was still very young

@F124N Well you can read the manga if you want to know about the time travel stuffs since the OVA totally skipped Touta's POV lol
Feb 12, 3:53 AM

Oct 2016
Reply to MahiaErebeaNegi
What surprised me was how Touta could have existed since 500+ years ago when Eva was still very young

@F124N Well you can read the manga if you want to know about the time travel stuffs since the OVA totally skipped Touta's POV lol
@MahiaErebeaNegi maybe sometime later lol, I still have around 150 series on my reading list, some of them have finished or got axe'd but I haven't had the chance to read them yet. And honestly, the only reason I'm watching this series is because it ends with a harem, the character development itself is a plus point that keeps me going with the series. I have read some of manga chapter and it was much better being animated rather than read it on manga at least for me.

But thanks for the reccommendation tho, can you drop the manga chapter of OVA episode 3 and the chapter of this Eva's POV ?
Feb 13, 12:14 AM

Jul 2016
Reply to F124N
@MahiaErebeaNegi maybe sometime later lol, I still have around 150 series on my reading list, some of them have finished or got axe'd but I haven't had the chance to read them yet. And honestly, the only reason I'm watching this series is because it ends with a harem, the character development itself is a plus point that keeps me going with the series. I have read some of manga chapter and it was much better being animated rather than read it on manga at least for me.

But thanks for the reccommendation tho, can you drop the manga chapter of OVA episode 3 and the chapter of this Eva's POV ?
@F124N Around Ch. 75-95. Tho it would be better off just read the whole manga from the beginning given how much contents was skipped in the anime (Plus also read the prequel manga Negima if possible lol).

Also, the manga doesn't really have Eva's POV there, the OVA simply adjust some of Touta focused scenes into focusing Eva instead while also adding some anime original scenes (Such as how Eva meet her master Dana which was never shown in the manga).

More topics from this board

Poll: » UQ Holder! OVA Episode 3 Discussion

MahiaErebeaNegi - Aug 8, 2018

12 by F124N »»
Feb 11, 6:05 AM

Poll: » UQ Holder! OVA Episode 2 Discussion

modboy - Sep 29, 2018

3 by MizuhoKamui »»
Mar 30, 2022 7:09 PM

» Is this a squeal?

vansonbee - Feb 19, 2020

1 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Feb 20, 2020 6:07 AM

» UQ Holder! OVA Episode 2 Discussion

MahiaErebeaNegi - Mar 11, 2018

10 by MahiaErebeaNegi »»
Sep 15, 2018 12:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.