Forum Settings
Forums

Which shows from my Dropped list should I watch and why? (poll)

New
Aug 28, 2017 6:16 AM

Nov 2016
Don't tell me World Trigger lol that anime half of episodes were recaps of previous episodes and ads w/e they were.

So yeah I've dropped some anime that are really not meant for me and some that are highly rated by most of MAL. Which should I pick up again and why?
GorreAug 28, 2017 6:22 AM
Aug 28, 2017 7:07 AM

Aug 2016
Well even if I think its a great show, if its not the show for you I wouldn't really think you should try and force yourself to continue it.
I guess you could try continuing Mouryou no Hako, the decent mystery is about all the show has to offer so trying to see the conclusion might be worth it..?
Aug 28, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2016
I'd recommend retrying mushishi, but making sure you never watch more than one episode a day. It's an interesting show with some great episodes and a great way to relax after a long day, but it shouldn't be marathoned if you do decide to watch it.
Aug 28, 2017 7:39 AM

May 2012
From that list, I'd pick Kemono no Sou-ja Erin and Usagi Drop.

You need to be patient with Erin. If you're still not interested in the show after watching episode seven, you should drop it then.

It doesn't look like you watched Gunbuster for which Diebuster is something of a sequel. You could try that.
Aug 28, 2017 8:18 AM

Jun 2015
Based on your history, you seem to marathon shows.

Mushishi, Aria, 3-gatsu and Usagi are not marathon type of shows, they're meant to be watched sparingly.

On the marathon ones, Bungou is pretty decent.
Aug 28, 2017 9:10 AM

Nov 2016
@DancingTheBa if you're talking about World Trigger, it's a half decent shounen for me but the recaps it what killed it. Without those it would have been a 30 episode show I sit back and relax when watching don't wanna be skipping through recaps and whatnot every damn time..

@FullmetalAlias Yep that's what people have been tolding me before I need to avoid marathoning it(which I always do with most shows).

@SeijiSensei The premise of Erin seemed very boring to me? Is it something you need to watch once in a while and not rush it? Also I've seen Gunbuster 1st season and enjoyed it a lot, I dropped it because I have no idea why they had to add super powers. Does it get better after 1st episode?

@Brb Yep I marathon almost everything especially in spare time. I'll keep in mind not to marathon. Does Bungou get better later? The first episodes bored the hell out of me(mostly MC).

Thanks for replies y'all.
Aug 28, 2017 9:13 AM

Jun 2015
Gorre said:
@DancingTheBa if you're talking about World Trigger, it's a half decent shounen for me but the recaps it what killed it. Without those it would have been a 30 episode show I sit back and relax when watching don't wanna be skipping through recaps and whatnot every damn time..

@FullmetalAlias Yep that's what people have been tolding me before I need to avoid marathoning it(which I always do with most shows).

@SeijiSensei The premise of Erin seemed very boring to me? Is it something you need to watch once in a while and not rush it? Also I've seen Gunbuster 1st season and enjoyed it a lot, I dropped it because I have no idea why they had to add super powers. Does it get better after 1st episode?

@Brb Yep I marathon almost everything especially in spare time. I'll keep in mind not to marathon. Does Bungou get better later? The first episodes bored the hell out of me(mostly MC).

Yes it does, imo if you didn't like it by episode 6, you can fairly say you won't like it at all, with perhaps the exception of Dazai's arc (this one's pretty good) ep 13-16, I think.
Aug 28, 2017 9:39 AM

Aug 2016
Gorre said:

I'm just talking about anime anime you dislike enough to drop it
Aug 28, 2017 9:51 AM

Nov 2016
@DancingTheBa No no, I mainly drop anime that bore me a lot.

@Brb damn Aria has a LOT of previous episodes, should I watch them in order of release?
Aug 28, 2017 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
Gorre said:
@DancingTheBa No no, I mainly drop anime that bore me a lot.

@Brb damn Aria has a LOT of previous episodes, should I watch them in order of release?

I'd say yeah, because despite the heavily episodic nature of the series, watching it by release can show the growth of the characters (which needs a deeper inspection to notice)
Aug 29, 2017 8:30 AM

Nov 2016
If anyone bothers, I'm still open for suggestions.
Aug 29, 2017 9:11 AM
Jan 2017
You should continue watching 3-gatsu no Lion, it's kinda rare seeing a slice of life anime that is decent this time of year. Recently all slice of life animes are moe-blob or with only gals in it
Aug 29, 2017 5:54 PM

Mar 2013
First of all, I must say I completely understand you, considering I marathon every series ever.

But you seriously have too little patience for plot development. Or you just don't enjoy slice of life genre at all. But then why start watching it in the first place?

3-gatsu no lion is one of the best slice of life animes that I've watched, it is slowly paced and exactly because of that it has a great plot and character development.

Kino no tabi is unique and like 3-gatsu no lion, it has a deep story, but needs patience.

Mushishi - same

Usagi drop - same

These are all great slice of life animes, but if you dropped them all, either you simply don't enjoy slice of life or you just don't have patience. It is a pity, because you're not going to see great stories, but if it's your lack of patience, you shouldn't watch them at all. Some of these are best if you watch them an episode a day, as someone already wrote.

No offense meant, just my humble opinion :3
Aug 30, 2017 1:21 AM

Nov 2016
I enjoy slice of a life a lot, it's just at that time I dropped because of different reasons I suppose. I'll give them a try definitely again.
Aug 30, 2017 1:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Gakkougurashi and Usagi Drop are pretty easy watches that are quite worthwhile I'd say

Sangatsu, Aria, Kino no Tabi and Mushishi all have decently positive fanbases but they all require quite a lot of patience so if that's not your kind of thing you might be better off avoiding them

Kemono no Souja Erin is also quite good but it's pretty long so I can't blame you if you think it's too much of a hurdle
Aug 30, 2017 3:46 AM

Jun 2016
I personally think that Bungou Stray Dogs is the best anime in this poll. It has great characters, animation, comedy and action scenes. definitely recommend you to keep watching. (There's also a second season.)
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.

More topics from this board

» Need help watching 22,500 episodes

Technotic - Yesterday

12 by duchessliz87 »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for anime/manga that use the Rashomon effect

Pokitaru - Today

12 by Mazoy »»
3 hours ago

» Anime with main Character(s) constantly on the run / evading capture.

luckyrune - Jun 9

11 by UberBat »»
3 hours ago

» Any good anime that are like Grimgar ?

Ventus_S - Jun 9

17 by Ventus_S »»
Yesterday, 11:49 PM

» Any anime where teen or younger characters are hypnotized?

Gfralp - Jun 6

2 by Mazoy »»
Yesterday, 9:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.