Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jan 21, 2019 8:20 PM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode!! I love how playful Maaya Sakamoto is so playful with her character. I honestly thought the vampire girl is Jalter from Fate XD

As usual, the protagonist withheld some crucial information. Seriously, why do dumb protagonist do these kind of things. By the time he would use the info, it was already too late.

Anyways, can't wait for more fighting!! Let's do this!!!
Jun 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Sep 2018
Jesus, they went a bit overboard with the sound effects during the battle. It probably would have been more effective if they used that bass-heavy "boom" a bit more sparingly. Almost distracted me from how dumb Souta was in the beginning, withholding vital information for seemingly no good reason.
Jul 25, 2020 10:46 AM

Jan 2010
I don't agree with the fighting. I'm pretty sure both sides want the same things (returning to their own worlds, ensuring that their worlds aren't terrible), but they're fighting because they just can't seem to explain their own goals in ways that aren't demeaning or hostile. I'm pretty sure if they could just organize their creators together peacefully and work to revise their worlds, they could at least get half their goals accomplished. That, and no one benefits from the real world getting destroyed, at least ignoring the genocidal maniacs. I'm also not sure why Sota is hiding information on the military girl, was he afraid that everyone would be mad at him or something? I'm sure there's a reason behind it, but I'm not sure if it justifies the ensuing destruction.

I think a way to justify the fighting is that the characters, in their own internal logic, are predisposed to solve everything through fighting, as that's how they're written in-universe. It would make for the most interesting conflict, as opposed to peaceful resolution that dissolves all tension. Re:Creators could be an indictment on writers being victims of their own writing, resulting in characters and world incapable of meshing with the real world. This isn't just due to fantasy/reality conflicts, but basic moralities and common sense. The strive to create unique, fantastical, and interesting stories has resulted in the creation of worlds that are so far removed that they'd be incompatible with real world logic. Peace is not an option, as that would be the end of the story. Conflict is required for the stories to go on, and thus the characters are trapped in an eternal cycle of fighting in order for readers and viewers to remain entertained.

But, alas, that might be giving the show too much credit.
Sep 14, 2020 11:11 PM

Feb 2019
I must say, the kill-crazy new girl looks absolutely insane. I'm excited to get into her backstory and her character, since I'm intrigued by her insane bloodlust.

Alice, I think, has taken on a very realistic approach to being isekai'd away into another world. She only thinks of her own world, and works towards rebuilding it. Unlike any of the other characters, it seems, she holds a justified --in my opinion-- grudge against the writers for having written her world so terribly. I'm so glad that Alice took on this perspective of the writers because, to me, it's the most realistic (especially when you take into account that they're from fantasy worlds with worldwide conflicts).

Souta's finally getting some development, which I'm actually happy about. I'm still confused as to why he's so scared/ashamed about revealing that he knows Altair's past, though. I don't think he should be worried about whether his team will reject him for creating such a thing; like the other creators, they'll just have to get together to think about a way to solve their problems.

Pretty good episode overall. More action with Sawano's track in the background is very satisfying.
Mar 2, 2021 6:10 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Man the poor bookstore guy, he didn't deserve that... still, we get our last "creation" and she's probably the most interesting one yet. Just going to be blunt here, redhead chick is pretty dull, spear knight chick is good but cliche, madoka magica chick is just slightly annoying (like, let them FIGHT man), mecha boy has a cool, mecha, and the detective looking dude with the gun hasn't gotten enough screentime yet for me to judge him properly yet.

Just glad that all the characters have been introduced and that the pace is now picking up!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 11, 2022 6:34 AM

Nov 2014
That's the full cast, huh? This villain character is certainly an interesting character to add to the fray. There's just something about the rest of them... like too many of them overlap in personality and they don't really stand out from each other?

Definitely will need more time to flesh them all out. We'll see how it goes I suppose.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jan 12, 2023 7:56 AM
Jun 2019
that new outfit looks cool i can see her breast
Feb 7, 2023 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Shocked said:

I think a way to justify the fighting is that the characters, in their own internal logic, are predisposed to solve everything through fighting, as that's how they're written in-universe. It would make for the most interesting conflict, as opposed to peaceful resolution that dissolves all tension. Re:Creators could be an indictment on writers being victims of their own writing, resulting in characters and world incapable of meshing with the real world. This isn't just due to fantasy/reality conflicts, but basic moralities and common sense. The strive to create unique, fantastical, and interesting stories has resulted in the creation of worlds that are so far removed that they'd be incompatible with real world logic. Peace is not an option, as that would be the end of the story. Conflict is required for the stories to go on, and thus the characters are trapped in an eternal cycle of fighting in order for readers and viewers to remain entertained.

But, alas, that might be giving the show too much credit.

Great interpretation.
I feel this is the most noticeable with Alice.
PrOxAntoFeb 7, 2023 6:33 AM
Jul 3, 2023 5:43 PM

Nov 2021
The dilf with the gun is NOT playing around 💀

Jul 4, 2023 1:55 PM
Jan 2021
I got to sleepy :'(
Aug 25, 2023 2:03 AM

Nov 2022
I like the new evil chick. I'd never go anywhere near her in real life, but I like her.
Sep 21, 2023 11:32 PM

Aug 2019
Damn i feel like Souta not immediately telling everyone the information he has on military girls was such a bad idea, like rn we know she's the main antagonist and her plans involve breaking the fabric of this worlds reality, probably killing everyone. I can see Souta having trouble to digest all that information and be in disbelief, hence not immediately bringing it up, and i guess this was the straw that broke the camels back for him, even though he seemed already well adjusted to what was happening around him.
But also at the same time, when the world is quite literally at stake here, the game of information i feel like is so crucial in this scenario where they know anything about the enemy, relaying any findings should be priority even if it could be wrong, the smallest info on the girl is gonna make up for something.

Man as much as i think the talking scenes are good and have some weight to them, the fucking action scenes are so good and i need more. The animations, choreography and visuals are amazing imo, and the sound effects and OST are fucking spectacular.
Also new girl, borderline crazy and voiced by Sakamoto Maaya, aight i'm very interested to know more now.
Code0018Sep 21, 2023 11:39 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

260 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:56 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

207 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 9:23 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2017

237 by Karva1 »»
May 27, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2017

244 by Karva1 »»
May 26, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Creators Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2017

377 by Karva1 »»
May 25, 9:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.