Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2017 5:58 AM

Jan 2014
I'm starting to doubt they plan will go smoothly since there's Katakuri. but we will see, a favor always in Luffy side after all.
Mar 27, 2017 9:44 AM

Aug 2015
I´m starting to wonder how big the bounties are for the yonkos, since their second-in-command are vastly higher than anyone else in the series.
Mar 27, 2017 7:37 PM

Feb 2014
i believe jinbei's gonna die in this arc. lets wait and see.
EustassKiddo !
Mar 28, 2017 1:39 PM

May 2015
Isterio said:

Here´s the problem why this doesn´t work with Big Mom and turns into needless filler. Don Corleone was a charismatic, smart, family loving, composed, scheming, vengeful, survialist that went from rags to riches by following the biblical phylosophy of an eye for an eye. Half of those traits, we only learned about in his childhood flashback arc, in the secodn Movie. How does Oda intend, to squeeze in a whole backstory arc for Big Mom? Big Mom on the other hand is a boring giant baby, that throws temper tantrums whenever she doesn´t get what she wants, whose only talent is brute strength, which she achieved her power with. Nothing about her or her methods is smart or intriguing, or interesting.
She´s the equivalent of an evil, fat female version of Luffy.
But we already have that in Blackbeard aside from the female part. She´s getting more boring by the chapter, because we get repeated information we already knew about her.

I just wanted to say this in defense of Big Mom, she is more than willing to "negotiate" (she has made clear she doesn't consider this *compromising* though, because a pirate shouldn't compromise, but "equivalent exchange") and let things be than you give her credit for. Very much like a mafioso, actually. It's a significant part of her character. It just so happens that her negotiations are batshit insane. In order..

1. She shifted her anger from Fishman Island to Luffy.
2. She let Jinbe leave, she did so in exchange for the *comrades* of Jinbe's life, but not Jinbe. She negotiated, no matter how ridiculous Jinbe thought the idea was.
3. She takes people's lifespan instead of outright killing them on the spot.
4. When she goes on mass craving ravaging, she doesn't remember anything that happened during it.
5. She rebuilt a lab for Ceasar to give him another chance at life on a time limit.

Edit: Meh, I'm kinda understanding what you're saying to a degree (not about this chapter, but Big Mom in general). She's still a horrible person, but her sort of morals were unique. I found the whole "Kill at the germas" thing a little disappointing because of those built on ideals, in retrospect. It especially contrasts with Fishman Island.

Vileblood_Hunter said:
Holy shit Katakuri looks so badass ! I can't wait to see him in action..

He shoots people wth jelly beans.

ashfrliebertMar 28, 2017 2:31 PM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Apr 10, 2017 5:19 AM

Sep 2014
Dogtooth damn, we got a badass here! Wonder if he knows what they're up to.
Apr 27, 2017 8:53 AM

Jun 2008
ashfrliebert said:
Isterio said:

Here´s the problem why this doesn´t work with Big Mom and turns into needless filler. Don Corleone was a charismatic, smart, family loving, composed, scheming, vengeful, survialist that went from rags to riches by following the biblical phylosophy of an eye for an eye. Half of those traits, we only learned about in his childhood flashback arc, in the secodn Movie. How does Oda intend, to squeeze in a whole backstory arc for Big Mom? Big Mom on the other hand is a boring giant baby, that throws temper tantrums whenever she doesn´t get what she wants, whose only talent is brute strength, which she achieved her power with. Nothing about her or her methods is smart or intriguing, or interesting.
She´s the equivalent of an evil, fat female version of Luffy.
But we already have that in Blackbeard aside from the female part. She´s getting more boring by the chapter, because we get repeated information we already knew about her.

I just wanted to say this in defense of Big Mom, she is more than willing to "negotiate" (she has made clear she doesn't consider this *compromising* though, because a pirate shouldn't compromise, but "equivalent exchange") and let things be than you give her credit for. Very much like a mafioso, actually. It's a significant part of her character. It just so happens that her negotiations are batshit insane. In order..

2. She let Jinbe leave, she did so in exchange for the *comrades* of Jinbe's life, but not Jinbe. She negotiated, no matter how ridiculous Jinbe thought the idea was.
4. When she goes on mass craving ravaging, she doesn't remember anything that happened during it.
5. She rebuilt a lab for Ceasar to give him another chance at life on a time limit.

Edit: Meh, I'm kinda understanding what you're saying to a degree (not about this chapter, but Big Mom in general). She's still a horrible person, but her sort of morals were unique. I found the whole "Kill at the germas" thing a little disappointing because of those built on ideals, in retrospect. It especially contrasts with Fishman Island.

Vileblood_Hunter said:
Holy shit Katakuri looks so badass ! I can't wait to see him in action..

Actually it doesn't contradict with anything. Big mom is a very selfish greedy person that want want wants and wants some more. She wants her cake, she wants her party, she wants guest to come, she wants her island with all different creatures etc etc etc.
A big greedy overpower-full baby.
Leaving Fishman island be is because she likes the sweets they make and wants to have them, so her supposed compromise is just a convenient way of her to do what she wants.
She let Jinbei leave because his a powerful useful fishman that she likes having him serve her.
She rebuilt Caesar a lab because she wants those giant people she thinks he can make for her.
She takes people's lifespan instead of killing them on the spot because she is amused torturing them like that and creating creatures with their lifespan.

Basically everything she seems to be compromising is actually not a compromise but fulfilling her desires.
There is nothing that will make her want the Germa alive. what she wants is their tech and she can get that by killing them. So she will just kill them because that is her selfishness.
Apr 15, 2018 1:30 PM
Oct 2011
Monad said:
ashfrliebert said:

Actually it doesn't contradict with anything. Big mom is a very selfish greedy person that want want wants and wants some more. She wants her cake, she wants her party, she wants guest to come, she wants her island with all different creatures etc etc etc.
A big greedy overpower-full baby.
Leaving Fishman island be is because she likes the sweets they make and wants to have them, so her supposed compromise is just a convenient way of her to do what she wants.
She let Jinbei leave because his a powerful useful fishman that she likes having him serve her.
She rebuilt Caesar a lab because she wants those giant people she thinks he can make for her.
She takes people's lifespan instead of killing them on the spot because she is amused torturing them like that and creating creatures with their lifespan.

Basically everything she seems to be compromising is actually not a compromise but fulfilling her desires.
There is nothing that will make her want the Germa alive. what she wants is their tech and she can get that by killing them. So she will just kill them because that is her selfishness.
Someone needs to spank this child.
May 18, 2018 3:45 AM

Feb 2013
Their plan is screwed if Katakuri can see the future.
Sep 23, 2018 11:58 AM

Dec 2015
So, Katakuri is a bit like Joseph Joestar, eh? And they're both voiced by Tomokazu, noice.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 7, 2022 5:50 AM

May 2021
And here I was under the impression that Haki can already see the future as it is. Guess it's just attacks.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1118 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Today

9 by ShokatAli »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jun 11

61 by landofthekwt »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 95 Discussion

DarthDaimyo - Oct 1, 2009

28 by Zowabo »»
Today, 6:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 77 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 22, 2010

18 by Zowabo »»
Today, 4:27 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 68 Discussion

ToxxicTeardrop - Aug 22, 2010

24 by Zowabo »»
Yesterday, 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.