Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2010 2:31 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is probably a pointless question to ask since I doubt it'll be answered anytime soon, but I'll ask: Can someone explain what the hell went on with the 'love triangle' in this episode?

First, Jun is introduced as a new 'dragonchild master'. Then it's revealed she knows a boy in a coma and another girl. After that, it got really, REALLY confusing after Jun revealed she/he's actually Kyoji - the boy in a coma - and that the real Jun died two years ago. Seriously, what the fuck? How can Kyoji be in a coma if he transformed into an old female friend of his!? ARRRRGHHGHGHGGH!!!!

/headache

And as for the whole 'becoming one with my dragon/birth of a dragon' part at the end, God knows. I gave up long before Kyoji reappeared riding a dragon... :|
Feb 17, 2010 7:11 PM
Jul 2018
hmm, im not quite sure what happened either. But from my understanding:

Jun died 2 years ago. Kyoji didn't want Shouko to feel saddened by this so he made a copy of Jun who continued to respond to Shouko's letters. And now, Kyoji's real self has died (and therefore, his copies will also vanish/die). And now, once again, Kyoji (in Jun's body) doesn't want Shouko to find out about Jun's death so he sends that letter to the policeman who was bound to find out through investigating.

Not sure whats up with the rebirth as dragon part, guessing we'll figure out later.
Jul 31, 2010 4:49 AM

Mar 2009
This ep seems out of place with the whole love triangle and emo-ness.
Aug 21, 2011 10:11 PM

Jul 2007
I'm really lost what's happening :l
Jun 24, 2012 4:27 AM

Feb 2009
This story was so totally unrelated to the show. But I just can't bring myself to be surprised. After all, it's a shit.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Oct 27, 2012 2:21 PM

Jan 2012
this anime is on par with NGE

masterpiece of shit
May 15, 2014 3:08 AM

Apr 2010
I didn't really understand what was going on in this episode, but the flying scene and the dragons were pretty cool.
Aug 6, 2014 2:22 PM

Mar 2012
What the heck was that? Like the rest of this show that seemed totally pointless. I'm close to the end so I'll keep watching but this is rather disappointing.
Aug 6, 2014 2:42 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, I wonder what the last 3 episodes will offer us!
Aug 16, 2014 8:05 PM

Jun 2009
I don't understand what's going on and I really don't get what's the point of this. There are only 3 episodes left and I'm hoping this episodes was not just filler and has something to do with the actual story. I'm not sure if this show is actually bad because I'm so confused with all the stuff that's happening, I just don't know...
Apr 25, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
this episode felt so out of no where and was confusing as fuck. im honestly getting a lot of enjoyment out of this series despite the many MANY flaws it has because it feels like a breath of fresh air at the very least, but this episode was pretty bad. i think this show is a good example of shows that set out to do... SOMETHING original and unique, but don't execute it very well.
Apr 28, 2023 7:24 AM

Jan 2020
Okay, when I thought this anime was going bad they decide to add a filler. Feeling tempted to drop it. Terrible """""Suspense""""" anime.

MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Mar 9, 10:57 AM
May 2018
I guess this is a try at explaining what the heck is the lady on the dragon, but it honestly left me with more questions, some of the scenes were good, but it probably won't matter much since it feels very disconnected.
Aug 13, 8:47 PM

May 2020
Reply to Shimapan-chan
What the heck was that? Like the rest of this show that seemed totally pointless. I'm close to the end so I'll keep watching but this is rather disappointing.
@Shimapan-chan My exact thoughts.
Aug 13, 8:48 PM

May 2020
Trying my best to make sense of everything. I feel bad for shouko honestly.

So are all dragons dead people?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - May 9, 2009

24 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 23, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 2 Discussion

Newheights - Aug 31, 2009

12 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 23, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 1 Discussion

Newheights - Aug 31, 2009

14 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 23, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 13 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

49 by BNKRG »»
Aug 19, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Shadow Star Narutaru Episode 12 Discussion

coggins - Sep 17, 2008

26 by BNKRG »»
Aug 19, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.