Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fuuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Mar 13, 2017 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
Fluggyboi said:
SepMishimaa said:
An instant classic from the get go!

i dont understand how anyboy could consider this an instant classic, especially judging from the first episode alone, because i fould it to be littered with cliches and unikeable characters. but well, anyone has their own taste and reasons for liking certain things, so i wont criticize you for it, but i would like to know why you think that way.

Haha, I felt like as soon as I submitted my post, someone would have to say something about my choice of words.

I guess "instant classic" isn't quite the right terminology, but something about it was refreshing, especially at the end when Fuuka leaves an open invitation to a relationship. I guess I was just happy that the author didn't purposely draw things out like many others do. Where everything would go wrong in most stories, Fuuka's strong character would make it another opportunity for the two to connect. Although the succession of events was a tad unnatural and some may argue way too fast, Fuuka is in fact a very odd girl. And as odd as she is, her character didn't feel manufactured or fake. I feel like her character reflects that of some girls today (VERY FEW girls, but definitely some that are out there) who are outliers in society. I may be (and probably am) totally off base with this, but at least that's how I see things now - until I see the next episode.
Mar 13, 2017 5:40 PM

Sep 2016
SepMishimaa said:
Fluggyboi said:

i dont understand how anyboy could consider this an instant classic, especially judging from the first episode alone, because i fould it to be littered with cliches and unikeable characters. but well, anyone has their own taste and reasons for liking certain things, so i wont criticize you for it, but i would like to know why you think that way.

Haha, I felt like as soon as I submitted my post, someone would have to say something about my choice of words.

I guess "instant classic" isn't quite the right terminology, but something about it was refreshing, especially at the end when Fuuka leaves an open invitation to a relationship. I guess I was just happy that the author didn't purposely draw things out like many others do. Where everything would go wrong in most stories, Fuuka's strong character would make it another opportunity for the two to connect. Although the succession of events was a tad unnatural and some may argue way too fast, Fuuka is in fact a very odd girl. And as odd as she is, her character didn't feel manufactured or fake. I feel like her character reflects that of some girls today (VERY FEW girls, but definitely some that are out there) who are outliers in society. I may be (and probably am) totally off base with this, but at least that's how I see things now - until I see the next episode.

appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me dude, i would agree thats its kinda refreshing that the relationship here doesnt take 20+ episodes to get to the point where its at at the end of the episode here, but on the other hand there are enough series who also do that. Kuzu no Honkai is an example even from this season, but KnH has amazing atmosphere, art and interesting characters to go with it while this show... well i already layed out my thought about it briefly. i cant even remember much from it tbh, even thought its probably not even two months ago that ive watched the first episode.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Mar 13, 2017 6:39 PM

Jan 2014
Fluggyboi said:
SepMishimaa said:

appreciate you sharing your thoughts with me dude, i would agree thats its kinda refreshing that the relationship here doesnt take 20+ episodes to get to the point where its at at the end of the episode here, but on the other hand there are enough series who also do that. Kuzu no Honkai is an example even from this season, but KnH has amazing atmosphere, art and interesting characters to go with it while this show... well i already layed out my thought about it briefly. i cant even remember much from it tbh, even thought its probably not even two months ago that ive watched the first episode.

I actually haven't watched too many shows from the genre. Honestly, I only picked this one up because it's about a blue haired girl named Fuuka (like in Persona 3). But I'll definitely check out Kuzu no Honkai. Thanks for the suggestion!
Mar 29, 2017 4:05 PM

May 2015
Why did this guy deserved to be slapped??? Furthermore her cellphone destroyed???
Apr 25, 2017 12:19 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was different than what I expected from this series, but well it certainly wasn't bad! Looking forward to see what this anime has to offer!
May 14, 2017 10:36 AM

May 2015
Can you just imagine yourself in this situation ?

You walk with your phone in your hand, a b*tch bumps into you because SHE was the one who went super sonic speed at you but she doesn't apologize or shit
She just throw your f*cking phone on the f*cking ground and AFTER that she even f*cking slaps you, all that because of a misunderstanding and ALL her fault

Oh yeah there's also some plotless sisters who are here in this episode just for fan-service

Dropped it
I don't get how people thought it was a good start
May 17, 2017 9:24 PM

Mar 2015
Nice start, it looks like it'll be themed on music in a band? My kind of thing
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 27, 2018 7:22 PM

Jan 2016
I thought she was a bitch at first. WTF, she slaps him AND breaks his phone TWICE. But at the end she was pretty damn cute. I hope I don't see that bad side of her again.
Mar 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Aug 2014
that was very silly and that start... who breaks the phone of strangers?!
in few moments it was simply facepalm...
but the OP is great i knew the song way before and didn't know it is in this anime ;d
and the ending of first episode was good enough to keep me wanting to watch this show
and lastly I love anime with real world locations
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
May 20, 2021 7:35 PM
May 2021
Paano mapanood toh?
Oct 8, 2021 6:53 PM
Oct 2021
I love it! Ang ganda ng simula ng story
Oct 8, 2021 6:53 PM
Oct 2021
I hope more episodes pa
Oct 8, 2021 6:54 PM
Oct 2021
Ang ganda ng anime na to Kahit matagal na siya
Jan 22, 2022 11:53 AM

Dec 2020
Generic and offthrowing
Apr 27, 2023 2:01 PM
Feb 2019
it's pretty cliche opening episode
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

225 by metalrain_15 »»
Feb 14, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Who should have ended up with the MC?

TheCryBabyHero - Jul 16, 2023

12 by conetall420 »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:03 PM

» just read the manga

Garble198 - Nov 7, 2018

11 by Potimas »»
May 25, 2023 1:53 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

201 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 28, 2023 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fuuka Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2017

85 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Apr 27, 2023 4:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.