Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2020 9:11 AM

Feb 2020
I feel so bad for Zeno... I love him. He has such a gentle heart, no one would deserve to go through what he goes through but he deserves it the least. His current silly behavior definitely comes off as way different now that we know that. At least I'm glad that he got reunited with the dragons, even if those aren't the ones he lived with for so long. I have so many things to say but that'd be too long. Let's just say that I absolutely love Zeno and badly want to give him a hug. That moment when he was holding Kaya's skeleton hand was heartbreaking... And the moments when he met the young dragons were so cute, especially with Shin-Ah !
And aside from Zeno, that post-credit scene with Yoon (I finally realized the sub I've been watching spelled that name wrong) was priceless.
Now I'm finally done with Yona. I didn't want it to end...
Jun 8, 2020 7:00 AM
Aug 2018
Okay why can't this have season 2??

One of the best anime with great plot, great visual and excellent character development. Really why?

I'm thinking if im gonna pick up manga or not but this is too good i want zeno to have his happy ending!!
Jul 31, 2020 12:22 AM

May 2009
I wonder if that wild boar piglet that Zeno saved is the one Yona shot?

Mayuka said:
I can't believe Akatsuki no Yona saved Anime.

Okay proper review...
So amazing. I watched the first OVA and it was good but not extraordinary. And then episode 2 and 3... Just so intense. So well written, characterization so good. Zeno's so brave and strong. I love how the show emphasizes his power and shows his struggle through the world because he's immortal.
Kinda reminds me of Gabriel DropOut's OVAs; the first one is literally also onsen comedy, while the latter episode also surprisingly takes a dramatic turn.

Anyhow, I so wish this had a second season...
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 18, 2020 4:53 PM
Oct 2019
They absolutely crushed it with Zeno's backstory. Two phenomenal episodes. All 3 OVAs were very fantastic.
Oct 21, 2020 3:17 AM

May 2016
Omg I haven't seen anything that could challenge these last two episodes in years
I literally was crying through out the whole thing the back story was so good.

Poor Kaya I wanted to see her grow a bit and have a small family ;-;

2000 years of waiting and finally Zeno gave his hug to them ;-;

10/10 for ep 2 and 3 if not for ep 1 could have been a 10/10

9/10 overall, Zeno just became my favorite character.
Apr 6, 2021 9:14 AM

Jun 2020
I cried buckets for Zeno. My heart is crying for him!!!!! At the end when he pulled all of them in for a hug & said that they have all grown so big omg!! That was so sad when he visited them when they were young. How much must he yearn for & miss his brothers Guen, Shuten & Abi & regretted not visiting them when they were still alive. And seeing Ao again made me cry!!!!!!! Omg this OVA is heartbreaking, it’s a shame they didn’t manage to fit such an important character in much of the anime adaptation but these OVA episodes really fleshed out Zeno’s backstory so well. If I weren’t already sold on the manga, these episodes definitely solidified it for me. And much of Jaeha’s past also wasn’t really showed yet since they only showed it briefly & didn’t go into it as much as Kija/Shin-ah.

Can only hope we will get a 2nd season or at least more OVA episodes one day......I hope!!!!! (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 18, 2021 6:59 AM
Jul 2014
My poor baby yellow dragon🥺💔 I really want a season 2 so I can finally see him happy to be reunited with king hiryuu and the other dragons. I need a season 2😭
Aug 9, 2021 4:17 PM
Jan 2018
Amazing, these last 2 episodes were better than the main season, and the main season was already very enjoyable and fun. They ended it on a high note. Hope for a remake or a season 2!
Oct 1, 2021 12:05 AM
Jun 2021
The confession, the longing to reunite with other dragons, his journey, his recovery from death of his loved ones. Everything. I loved everything about this OVA. This was really one of the most heart-touching back story I've seen as of late. This and the previous OVA were the really good and worth watching. I kept thinking about it whole day.
Jul 30, 2022 9:59 PM

May 2019
now i must read the manga just to know when the others will know about Zeno's past.
Mar 27, 2023 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
Well that went straight into the feels. I was sobbing. 
Jul 25, 2023 6:21 PM
May 2023
Its so cool to see that Zeno already found and knew everyone form the past. I seriously want to give him such a big hug because all of these people say lets meet in the stars again but little do they know he cant :(
Aug 30, 2023 6:36 AM
May 2020
Now time to re-read the manga to continue my crying session.
Nov 14, 2023 4:18 PM

Dec 2022
My heart felt heavy watching Zeno's backstory. I can't imagine how juch he have suffered living all those years.

Also, that last scene was cute. I wish Hak and Yona end up together .
Feb 11, 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
So we learn Zeno's backstory....curse of the timelords.

And with that Yona is done.
Feb 26, 4:40 PM
Mar 2018
10 years has passed there is no season 2 announcement .
Apr 12, 12:31 PM
Oct 2020
Jó volt, csak rövid.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona OVA Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 23, 2016

59 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 11, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona OVA Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2015

83 by WolfWood37 »»
Feb 11, 10:30 PM

» Akatsuki no Yona OVA 2 Bonus

Lamara503 - Jan 16, 2017

2 by Fanach »»
Feb 7, 2021 7:42 AM

» Blu ray?

NG_Chloe - Dec 25, 2017

1 by photamako »»
Jan 9, 2021 10:35 PM

» Continue the manga where the Anime stopped

Usopp8000 - Oct 27, 2017

1 by CarrotSaysYum »»
Nov 11, 2017 1:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.