Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2010 9:29 AM
Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wondering what is this mystical act they are talking of.
Goh'Dan
Apr 4, 2010 6:11 PM

Feb 2008
she should have backhanded him with her good arm

and they should have canceled the show and rescheduled it allowing people to use their tickets for the new showing. when all's said and done, it isn't those two that are disappointing everyone, its Yuri. since he made the announcement without their knowledge or permission, they could easily sue him and the investors for all the proceeds from all the performances in the month they were training, since he wouldn't have made the vast majority of that money without illegally using their names. chances are good that they could even get the theater back in the settlement.

btw, applause isn't worth dieing for. and with an injury like that, their marginal chances of success become nearly 0. I guess Sora should just be overjoyed that this in an anime with 25 episodes left, since it means that she at least can't possibly die :/

gohdan said:

I'm guessing that the key part of it is then they both jump of the trapeze and rebound off of each other to get back to their bars. basically the same as with the logs but with them facing each other and taking the logs' places. I could be wrong though.
May 27, 2010 10:21 PM

Apr 2010
Yuri TOTALLY deserved that slap. And idk why he all of a sudden cares about Layla. He should've thought about that before he tried to ruin everyone's life by buying Kaleido Star....douche.....

Sep 6, 2010 5:50 AM

Sep 2008
jacobpaige said:
and they should have canceled the show and rescheduled it allowing people to use their tickets for the new showing.

I was wondering this myself... Why not just reschedule? Come on, the crowd wouldn't mind THAT much, would it? You'd think they'd be a little more understanding if they didn't - after all, they all loved Kaleido Star before... And I don't see why Layla had to be so opposed to postponing ("Can you guarantee you won't be injured at a later time? Etc. etc" -- just don't go do more dangerous training in the Grand Canyon, bleh...)

jacobpaige said:
gohdan said:

I'm guessing that the key part of it is then they both jump of the trapeze and rebound off of each other to get back to their bars. basically the same as with the logs but with them facing each other and taking the logs' places. I could be wrong though.

I've been wondering this, too. ._. Layla says she was starting to get what the manoeuvre was, but Sora never said that... And they never actually practised it?! I was starting to think they'd just wing it, haha. Seems like Fool will tell them now, or at least something about it, no?
Dec 16, 2010 11:59 PM
Dec 2009
Prediction - Epic fail, or if it's succeeds Layla will be unable to perform ... anything can happen, its an anime -_-
Hope I'm wrong, and I'm expecting a lot from this "Legendary" performance.
JKDec 17, 2010 12:24 AM
tag©.androgynous
Feb 25, 2013 5:37 PM

Apr 2010
well, it's about time someone slapped that flamboyant prick.
Nov 28, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2012
well well finally!

yuri is so inconsistent as a character though. >.>
May 11, 2020 12:15 AM

Nov 2018
I'm done with this anime.It's just the same shounen with pretty average story and characters, but with EVEN MORE talks about feelings and emotions.I'm not even interested in seeing this mystical act anymore.I have no idea what's happening in Yuri's head.
I hate everyone equally
Jul 14, 2020 5:02 PM
Dec 2019
Yeah it sounds great in the moment...

When Kevin McHale chose to play on his injured foot to get through the playoffs, the next year he was never the same player.

When Kobe tried to carry the Lakers at 34 years old he suffered an Achilles injury and he was never the same player.

It's a miracle Jackie Chan's still alive after all his stunts.

It's not worth it. Then again, they needed an in-story excuse to get Layla out of the way to make room for fresh new rivals in the second season.
RecynonJul 14, 2020 5:27 PM
May 15, 8:40 PM

Apr 2016
Layla is living for "dying for my art and not man or his pettiness or his revenge is going to stop me!" with a good slap included and I enjoyed every minute of it even though I think she's wrong for risking herself like that but she wants to live in the now and her passion is almost as contagious as Sora's.
The intro and the preview are so on brand with this show :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 26 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 10, 2009

24 by Safrichh »»
May 27, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 24 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 4, 2010

7 by Safrichh »»
Feb 27, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 23 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

9 by Safrichh »»
Feb 11, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 22 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

13 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 42 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 15, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.