Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2009 1:45 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Noooo, don't go Layla ;____;
Feb 6, 2010 1:00 AM
Sep 2009
Wow, they really did it! I had the goosebumps :)
Goh'Dan
Apr 4, 2010 6:37 PM

Feb 2008
I would have liked to have seen it in real time without the shots of the audience :(

why doesn't she qualify as a Kaliedo Star already? she's the most talented performer left now that Yuri and Layla are both gone.

wonder if Fool will be in the next season, since his mission is technically complete now.

btw, why couldn't they use a net? with a net in place the chances of dieing from that would have gone way down, and if it was properly designed, the audience wouldn't even know it was there unless someone fell.
May 29, 2010 1:11 AM

Apr 2010
jacobpaige said:
I would have liked to have seen it in real time without the shots of the audience :(

why doesn't she qualify as a Kaliedo Star already? she's the most talented performer left now that Yuri and Layla are both gone.

wonder if Fool will be in the next season, since his mission is technically complete now.

btw, why couldn't they use a net? with a net in place the chances of dieing from that would have gone way down, and if it was properly designed, the audience wouldn't even know it was there unless someone fell.

I agree with you about 85% lol. I don't think Sora would be considered a Kaleido Star because everyone was still pretty much hung up on Layla. But now that Layla can't perform anymore, Sora is the best xD

Jul 22, 2010 6:22 PM

Apr 2009
Damn I knew this was coming... still moved me all the same... poor Layla...
Sep 6, 2010 6:51 PM

Sep 2008
Yeah, I also knew things would turn out this way... :\ Still feel bad for Layla, and for Sora too. But... wow! They did it! When Layla winced from the pain after they parted, I actually worried that she'd fall AFTER they'd done the move. o_o Glad to see that she made it back to her swing with one arm... I wonder what she will do now that she can't perform? Wonder if she's in the next season too...
Oct 3, 2010 6:42 AM

Jan 2008
I'm halfway and thought, why not say something,

well, being a former gymnast and current martial artist I just can't help but laugh at the idiocy, I know it's anime but I just can't help but take it somewhat seriously and laugh, really hard.
Dec 17, 2010 12:28 AM
Dec 2009
The "Legendary Maneuver" was, a lol... Prediction #2 was right, too bad.. At first I thought Layla would get surgery to treat it, but it's an anime and they won't let it happen. The flying part was awkward, wish fool explained it more to make it seem believable. Either way, can't believe were practically only half way through.. thought the legendary maneuver would be near the end of the series.. For "me", Sora crying was unnecessary. Can't wait for the rest, anyways gotta sleep now :[ ~ school.
tag©.androgynous
Dec 30, 2010 1:47 AM

Aug 2010
I seem to disagree with everyone of "JK's" comments. Ah, well.

Great episode! Powerful voice acting in this one. When Sora ran off stage and started crying like that, I starting crying. So heartbreaking.

Sad to see Layla go, but Sora will really get a chance now! And I bet Layla won't go very far, she just won't be able to perform.

Feb 25, 2011 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
This episode made me sad as well, because even though I like Sora a lot, Layla was definitely my favorite character in the series so far. I would certianly watch a spin off series about her as she makes her way through the film industry. Her masked routines were electric. Well I will still start in on my New Wings discs soon. I am very glad that I bought the series as it is really spectacular.
Feb 25, 2011 5:36 PM

Dec 2010
Actually.. there is an OVA about Layla....*adds to must watch list*
Oct 27, 2011 1:11 PM
Oct 2011
O one of the firsts posts, some one asked abou use net to protect about a possible dive. I thought about this, mede somo conclusions:

As a mistic tecnic the legendary manover is mor them a simple manover, it broks the human limitation to fly. As think that tecnique was based o birds firts fly, they fly of their nest, and have just one shance, they do not know that a fail results in die. Because this Sora and Layla had to start at very tool platform. A net, comes to cause te lose of confidence in the possiblit of fly. Put the life in risk is a part of consentration, forced cincentration, I think.

I think in the past this tecnique not uses a trapeze, just the big platforms, in cause of this a belive that the training that Kalos made was just to returns to the platforms at the and of the tecnique. I believe that Sora and Layla had force to heach de center in sinc.
Guedebran Diamond
May 22, 2012 10:44 AM

Dec 2009
The most beautiful and perfect climax to the first half of the series, not only showcasing that Sora's skills are definitely for real, but also paving the way for her to take Layla's place as the one true Kaleido Star. Also, the legendary maneuver lived up to its name. For some reason I just assumed they would jump towards each other and push themselves away again, but to actually circle in the air as if they're flying/floating? Wooow!
Ara ara.
Sep 6, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
The door to the future will open to those fools who aren't afraid!

So shivering.

kiwigreeneyes said:
Great episode! Powerful voice acting in this one. When Sora ran off stage and started crying like that, I starting crying. So heartbreaking.

Definitely. Manly tears were shed.
Feb 25, 2013 6:18 PM

Apr 2010
jacobpaige said:

while i definitely agree with the first suggestion, the latter could easily involve a marketable scheme as a massive selling point for future audiences of the performance (had Layla not injured herself, that is)

i'd wager that they purposely lit up the ground up to the swings as a method of suspense and pure thrill of death being around the corner. if word of mouth had circulated this attraction as such, it would be an endless cash cow for the establishment and an unspeakable amount of excitement for the viewers knowing full well that the performers could potentially die.
Aug 22, 2013 3:53 PM

Nov 2011
Oop now there's season 1 completed. Interesting finish although they still have a long way to go from the looks of it. Not bad for a finish I guess, was looking forward to them getting over that maneuver though.
Nov 28, 2014 6:03 PM

Feb 2012
wooow that was some finish! looking forward to season 2 now :D
Oct 17, 2015 10:45 AM

Dec 2012
Perfect episode. It made my eyes water up in joy, in awe, and in sorrow all within 10 minutes. A performance that can inspire one to live huh? That's a great way to describe it, it felt like the essence of life at its peak when Layla and Sora joined hands. "Become my dream" that's the moment I realized that Layla really isn't going to heal up and come back one day, that this was it.

To think it's only halfway.
Nov 30, 2016 9:17 AM

Jun 2015
mecharobot said:

kiwigreeneyes said:

Definitely. Manly tears were shed.

I admit, I was crying too. Well, the Legendary Great Maneuver was everything I hoped it would be and then some. There have been a shitton of fantastic Kaleido Star episodes but the season one finale has got to be the greatest of them all. Just watched the season two trailer and its prospects are beyond promising. Ladies and gentlemen, the hype is real. Sucks that I'll have to wait to buy season 2 for Christmas.....
Jan 17, 2019 11:22 PM

Aug 2014
meh not sure what i was expecting but it being some bullshit magic move or whatever was rather disappointing..
Jun 8, 2019 4:29 AM

Jan 2018
Brilliant, brilliant, BRILLIANT episode. This honestly goes down as one of the greatest episodes of anime I've ever seen. Sure, the series requires a suspension of disbelief in regards to the stunts, but that's not what it's about. If you're picking apart the details of the maneuver, you're seriously not watching this show with the right mindset.

This was an amazing depiction of triumph, and what hard work and confidence will bring you in life. I was literally in tears from seeing Sora's dreams come true alongside her idol, and when she ran off to cry during the end, it was utterly devastating. I hope this isn't Layla's departure from the series, but if it is, I'm eager to see Sora's journey moving forward and how she'll cope with losing her rival/partner.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Jul 29, 2020 8:30 AM

Nov 2018
I guess it wasn't me giving this anime a second chance , I was given the second chance to truly enjoy it.Great episode.
I hate everyone equally
Oct 28, 2022 4:18 PM
Aug 2016
The episode was... amazing
Aug 3, 2023 9:06 PM

May 2020
Jun Sato is the king of bittersweet endings (Princess TUTU) and this episode was that, I was cheering into Layla/Sora, in awe of the beautiful execution of the Legendary Great Maneuver and then, the devastating moment when Sora ran off to cry/scream in agony for the injustice of destiny taking out the Layla's dream.

Poor Sora, first time in my life (40yo) that I really wanted to hug an anime character!!

10/10

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 24 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 4, 2010

7 by Safrichh »»
Feb 27, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 23 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

9 by Safrichh »»
Feb 11, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 22 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

13 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 42 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 15, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 34 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 11, 2009

13 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.