Forum Settings
Forums
Erased
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2016 9:34 AM

Dec 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Sensei and Hiromi had a conversation, and Bro Yuuki sent a letter to Satoru. :)
Jan 16, 2016 2:29 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Man, sensei hasn't changed.

5/5
Feb 12, 2016 11:44 PM

Nov 2011
Ah Satoru, his actions of him helping others goes a long way. It won't be long until he gets his memory back and realize the difference he's making.
Feb 13, 2016 3:02 AM

Dec 2015
Oh Cool to Shiratori Jun is happy in this timeline too.
So Nishizono and Yashiro are the same person huh? I wished they wouldn't but oh well.
Sure Satoru sacrificed his ass for a remarkable amount of people. But I czn't help but feel a bit sad for the victims who won't be saved from death since Satoru will not go back in the past anymore.
That just tells that a single human being can't do everything. But where's Osamu or Kazu (and Aya)? More and more I feel something bad still happened to either one of them (just with the fact Satoru's mother retrained his friends from telling what they wanted).
I feel like Aya Nakanishi actually died or something like that.
Feb 13, 2016 3:22 AM
Feb 2016
Things just not fair for Satoru
Feb 13, 2016 4:01 AM

Nov 2014
i call poetic justice, yuuki and mirai?

still no memories about his plot device

4/5
MaxXZoeFeb 13, 2016 4:06 AM
Feb 14, 2016 8:05 AM
Feb 2016
Another good chapter , can't wait for the next chapter !
But still , i'm not completly agreing with the current satus of kayo .
"The plot is 50% planified and 50% improvised . I can say that i'm enjoying this" Thoses are ken words about Erased
And (in my opinion) i can clearly see that he hasn't planned to give Katagiri such importance when he started . i'm not agaisnt her being an important character but he could have given her more character developpement ( all i remember from her is that her parents divorced because of a chocolate bar) . And he haven't even tried to give her an importance, the covers can proove that : she only appears in one of the six first tomes . In the other hand , kayo got a way more character developpement and the author wanted her to be to main Girl first ( she does appear 4 times on the cover in the first 6 tomes ) and he clearly gave her more importance than the others child (ken'ya , hiromi ... who doesnt even appear in a cover) so we can't say:" she's just a girl he want to save" . And i mean , what was the purpose of some scenes ( when they slept in satoru house , in the car , the christmas tree...) except baiting us ?
And i saw someone telling that their love was impossible because she was 10 and satoru 29 . Isn't the whole manga talking about the philosoficals things in relation with childhood and adulthood ? i don't think it's valid reason . Plus , they were also some symbolisms (impostors ...)
And plz don't call me a shipper fag (but still sad they didn't end up together :3 ) , the point i'm not agreeing with is not kayo's marriage but her current status
And (that personnal) she dispointed me . Satoru was her hero and sacrified himself for her . I'm not saying , she had to do the same thing but at least staying with him in the hospital and taking carre of him with his mom
And finally : Sorry for my bad english :3
AngraManyuFeb 14, 2016 11:53 AM
Feb 14, 2016 4:36 PM

Jan 2014
The best way for her to repay Satoru is finding her own happiness. And she did. Just get over it already.
Feb 15, 2016 10:21 AM
Feb 2016
Just_Chicken said:
The best way for her to repay Satoru is finding her own happiness. And she did. Just get over it already.

Noooooooo :'(
:3
But this point was personal
my main problem is her actual status
Feb 15, 2016 10:58 AM
Jul 2009
AngraManyu said:

You probably should make your bias aside and read the manga again. You would realize this was never the story of Satoru saving Kayo. It was the story of how Satoru learns to believe in himself and stops running away from life. Saving Kayo is an important "chapter" from this story, but that's all.

For instance, Kayo doesn't appear at all in the first volume. This entire volume is dedicated to establish Satoru's internal conflict (mainly lack of self-confidence due to his inability to save Hiromi) and her relationship with Airi as the person who pushes Satoru out of his conform zone.

Kayo's introduced in the second volume (chapter 7 to be more precise), and her storyline only lasts for 14 chapters (out of total of 44!!). During this 14 chapters Kayo's role is that of a damsel in distress. She's an abused girl in need of rescue. After Satoru saves her, in chapter 24, she falls out of relevance immediately. Why this happened is easy to understand. She was introduced as someone to be saved, so after she's saved, she doesn't have anything else to do in the story.

But Satoru's story continues for 20 more chapters. Why? Because his story was about learning to believe in himself, and while saving Kayo helped to boost his self-confidence, it didn't complete his character development.

Airi is the key to complete his character development. Why? Because she was the first one to believe in him, and to push him to believe in himself. This will become more clear in chapter 39, but I don't want to spoil.
1idd0kunFeb 15, 2016 11:11 AM
Feb 15, 2016 2:57 PM
Feb 2016
1idd0kun said:
AngraManyu said:

Airi is the key to complete his character development. Why? Because she was the
first one to believe in him, and to push him to believe in himself. This will become more clear in chapter 39, but I don't want to spoil.

But i just fell like Airi would have deserved a better character developpement . When i see her , i only see a secondary character who helped the hero when he was in trouble . I do really like the characher and her story (damn chocolat bar)but the author should had focused more on her if he wanted to give her that importance
But i would still be happy if he end up with her :3
Feb 16, 2016 2:24 AM

Dec 2015
AngraManyu said:
1idd0kun said:

Airi is the key to complete his character development. Why? Because she was the
first one to believe in him, and to push him to believe in himself. This will become more clear in chapter 39, but I don't want to spoil.

But i just fell like Airi would have deserved a better character developpement . When i see her , i only see a secondary character who helped the hero when he was in trouble . I do really like the characher and her story (damn chocolat bar)but the author should had focused more on her if he wanted to give her that importance
But i would still be happy if he end up with her :3

The thing is that Airi wasnt related to the plot whatsoever (the events of 1988 mostly). And even she did have character develoment, the time travel would have nullified it. At least Satoru seems to care more about her than he probably used to in the original timeline so that's a plus. Will he try to approach her or let it be that's remain to be seen yet.
I bet the ending would be him get a job at the pizza place while Airi is working there and while being a more inspired manga artist. ;)
Mar 9, 2016 6:20 PM

Aug 2011
Finally, sensei with beard and "sensei" that is shawed and with different glasses make sense now; it's just freaking disguise :D
Mar 20, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2015
I'm so happy for Yuuki-san :D

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think Kayo and Satoru ever had romantic feelings for each other? ( 1 2 )

Ghoultulhu - Feb 3, 2016

66 by useerrriksujn »»
Jan 19, 6:26 AM

» Does this have any differences from the anime?

S4dnu - Aug 11, 2023

4 by Orbakun »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 10 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 27, 2013

7 by CosmicGirl »»
Jun 11, 2023 11:20 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 44 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kagomei - Mar 18, 2016

118 by FakeSpicyApple »»
Apr 4, 2023 4:08 AM

Poll: » Boku dake ga Inai Machi Chapter 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

20 by MaxiHut »»
Dec 21, 2022 1:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.