Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 28, 2015 8:36 AM

Dec 2010
The story feels so rushed probably because the anime version serves to be just a promotion to the upcoming release of the game. Animes have time constraints so they probably need to rush the story to get it moving. Since the story is not fleshed out in the 1 cour season, we need to play the game to know more and have individual character routes. Don't expect detailed backstories in the anime version. Something as like that will be present in the game. Still, I think its nice to have an anime first before the game so I know what I am getting into. While the plot is quite generic, its entertaining.

I'm itching for the game's release so I can get Mage, Shiki and Lindo~ Rem was okay, though he was kind of boring, the usual heir who is torn between responsibilities and love. Urie was your usual playboy type, although with Kondou Takashi voicing him, it's kind of hard to ignore him.
Nov 28, 2015 11:34 AM
May 2007
Fangirls do match clothes.
Lindo's hair can grow a little from one side or my eyes playing tricks again?
I used to think Roen the one sending random students to Ritsuka but it's Shiki?

Shiki said:
But something is missing. I need to hear that high-pitched yap.

I'm missing the pomeranian already. He got the cutest voice because Yamamoto ♥
Nov 29, 2015 2:00 AM

May 2014
This episode's song was my favourite so far, I just wish that the animation wasn't as laughable.

I can't believe that happened to Azuna! *^*
Nov 29, 2015 11:14 AM
Mar 2010
straggy said:
Love each other?! Bitch, you two hardly know each other. This Rem guy's not only got the personality of a goddamn shoe but he ain't shown no interest in you, he's not kind to you, he's literally a liar after your grimoire. Besides, they have ZERO CHEMISTRY. All they do is stare awkwardly at each other like some Twilight level shit, though that's mostly because they forgot to give Rem any real personality traits so staring is all he's good for.

This is pretty much what I feel about Rem and Ritsuka as well.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 29, 2015 1:06 PM

Sep 2011
First, I agree with ultimateperson's post on the first page.

For the song, Ritsuka and Rem sang. Well, I liked it, but it reminded me a bit more on Disney than it should have, I think. It was a bit cliché and then, before the vampires attacked, Ritsuka even talked about the song and thought, if it really could be love. Whatever.

But I liked how Mage and the other two wanted to get their attention before the festival. I especially loved how Mage and Shiki acted in that whole scene. The part with the fangirls was a bit sudden and unexpected, but I didn't mind that, to be honest xD

Overall, I liked the episode pretty much. I didn't even mind Azuna dying, cause... well... I didn't hate her, but I didn't like her, either. I just dunno why. I don't think I'll miss her in any way.

But I hope they'll explain where Lindo got his vampire powers and I hope he'll talk about it with Ritsuka at some point in the next episodes. And I'm curious when they're going to help her mother. Also, the woman in the preview looked a bit suspicious, but I don't know what to think of her. Guess we'll find out more about her next episode.

This anime is good so far, but it could have been much better. Yeah, I know that's pretty hard to accomplish, just sayin' :3

And I completely agree with AiraKT's post, as well as the one from SpiritedSarah.
Chizuru94Nov 29, 2015 1:29 PM
Nov 30, 2015 6:22 AM
Sep 2014
I was hoping Lindo would quit obsessing over his 'imouto'/cousin Ritsuka and start hanging out with Azuna more since she's pretty decent herself. I wish there's a way to revive her T^T
Nov 30, 2015 6:37 AM

May 2014
Nice
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Nov 30, 2015 8:08 AM

Mar 2013
Currently soooo shipping Rem x Ritsuka. The rest can go jump off a cliff to be honest.
Azuna could have made a nice couple with Lindo, too bad she had to end up that way... She was a nice girl.
Nov 30, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
This episode proved that this show isn't your average reverse harem.
Nov 30, 2015 4:37 PM

Aug 2015
SpiritedSarah said:

Finally we get to Rem. I can see why some people are put off by his scowls/ tsundere like nature. I can't say he's my favorite just yet (still undecided, though Mage and Shiki are lovable in their own ways ^_^ ) I also think some people are ignoring how the story is setting Rem up to be a tragic character you are clearly supposed to feel sorry for, as well as why he would be attracted to someone like Ritsuka. He has major abusive daddy issues and the weight of being the heir to this grand demon line on his shoulders, plus the threat of death (which for a demon I'm sure ain't pretty) and all of his "friends/colleagues" are constantly plotting to overthrow and thwart him. The lighting and layout of the past few scenes with just his inner dialogue scream "I am so effin alone and there is no one I can turn to besides this chessboard." Even his own dog betrayed him! Plus he's super conflicted about filial obligation vs. budding love for Ritsuka. This has Byronic hero written all over it.

Also as a side note, these seiyuu are killing me. Ugh. So happy with the male voices, absolutely love listening to them.

I really like Rem and agree with everything you said here and yes those seiyuus....they can sing to me all day long even if it sounds very Disney.
Nov 30, 2015 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
@SpiritedSarah
I just liked reading your post. Thank you for that!

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Dec 1, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2011
Chibi-Alice said:
This episode proved that this show isn't your average reverse harem.

Sadly, it proved exactly the opposite for me. I thought this wasn't gonna be an average reverse harem thing, 'cause it actually has a cool female character that is NOT the main lead...but it turns out something like that simply isn't allowed to exist in a reverse harem <_<

Pretty disappointed over here. And that after the first half, where I was actually thinking this might be my favourite episode...
-content has been filtered for the use of inappropriate words or phrases-
Dec 1, 2015 8:41 AM

May 2014
So are they in love?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 2, 2015 6:42 AM

Dec 2010
WOW, really wasn't expecting such a positive response haha--definitely thought I was in the minority. Glad to help, mina-san! :D

Some other random things I've been pondering regarding Rem for anyone interested (Under the spoiler for length):

Of course I may just be over reading all of this, we'll see later today I suppose :) Also I realllllyyyy want to see the past of all the devils/fallen angel if possible, how they met and got to be who they are (is an OVA of how the hell they got elected to the student council too much to ask?) We've seen chibi Ritsuka and Lindo, just imagine chibi Mage!! I can't. If Diabolik Lovers is any indication, Rejet isn't opposed to showing and diving into tragic backstories, plus I think it would help us better understand a few of the leads.

Also as another side note, given some of the other reverse harem animes I've seen (not talking about mangas or games because I know there are quite a few where the outcome is clear) I welcome some sort of definitive "the heroine likes this person and they like her back"conclusion rather than an unequal dynamic where the relationships don't really go anywhere and she still has 7 guys and a guinea pig drooling after her and there's no sense of closure. If this is the only season we're going to get of DwD and these two dorks can overcome their issues and still care for one another then once again I'm ok with Rem x Ritsuka. (and another duet ;D )

Edited to resize image
SpiritedSarahDec 2, 2015 6:52 AM
Dec 2, 2015 6:18 PM

Jun 2014
phoenixalia said:
straggy said:
Love each other?! Bitch, you two hardly know each other. This Rem guy's not only got the personality of a goddamn shoe but he ain't shown no interest in you, he's not kind to you, he's literally a liar after your grimoire. Besides, they have ZERO CHEMISTRY. All they do is stare awkwardly at each other like some Twilight level shit, though that's mostly because they forgot to give Rem any real personality traits so staring is all he's good for.

This is pretty much what I feel about Rem and Ritsuka as well.

Same for me too.
Dec 6, 2015 7:25 AM

Feb 2015
Yep, I'm a horrible human being. x) I was sad when Azuna got attacked and is now (maybe/ probably) dead.... But when the vampire started to laugh, so did I. I'm not sure why but it was hilarious.

Well, I never was that big of a Azuna fan...
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Dec 7, 2015 2:09 AM
Jan 2013
Let's face it. I don't care for the friend character.She only existed as a means to an end,more so in this kind of plot

Shock factor lol

Dec 11, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2013
Did anybody notice these weird runes in the middle of this episode?

I wonder what's up with that...
they could only be seen for a few seconds though...
Something something something
May 8, 2016 9:52 AM

Apr 2011
That duet was cute.

Too bad that the best friend died.

Dec 14, 2016 1:37 AM

Mar 2016
My fav ep so far i liked the festival part where those 3 were hitting on her
-Ristuka is falling is love with Rem? I guess they are shipping her with Rem i don't support it though
-OOOO FINALLY SHE DIED IM NOT SORRY i hated her and Lindo so much
Jun 20, 2017 6:31 AM

Dec 2016
I can't believe Azuna had a tragic ending ;_; she's an amazing character and friend! And Ritsuka... she managed to activate her grimoire crying despately by watching her best friend get killed... wow :o

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 18, 2017 7:45 PM

May 2013
The rings were cute. Wish my school dances back then did something like that ;3

This series just keeps going downhill....
I'm only thinking of getting it over with since I've gotten this far already and the fact that I forced myself to finish Diabolik Lovers (equally shitty) means I can get through this in all honesty..... but it's seriously such a drag *SIIIGGHHHH*
Feb 10, 2019 4:41 AM

Jun 2016
Ok so best girl Azuna died. The show should´ve been about her and not that stupid wall flower Ritskua. Then it actually could´ve been really good since the plot premise were quite interesting.
RaggadishFeb 10, 2019 7:18 AM
Nov 5, 2019 6:32 PM

Mar 2014
When the boys stopped trying to get info out of her they got a lot more funny lmao, this moment when they tried to match with her in the dance was perfect

That random super sugary lovesong in the middle of the dance was odd. But love does weird stuff to your head so I'll let it slide.

Shit, Azuna's gone. Finally establishing that we're dealing with MONSTERS here and there's a reason to fear them.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Dude ( 1 2 )

genesic123 - Oct 24, 2015

73 by Some_Viewer »»
Jun 2, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

72 by Elizabetty »»
Apr 5, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2015

79 by Kyarrific413 »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:02 AM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

43 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Poll: » Dance with Devils Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2015

64 by Yuki-san2042 »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.